Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

14 hours ago, mister_25 said:

That is the best donor management I've ever seen. How short is your hair on the donor in these photos?

Starts from zero and goes up further up you go, so zero from furthest down. 

2 hours ago, johnto said:

So you went for a consultation first then booked the procedure. Did you leave a deposit and then pay the day of?  Did you wire him the money?

I filled out the consultation form at his website and got a reply to send pictures and information. 

I sent as detailed info I could, made sure to send high quality pictures and I also bought a micro camera and took close up pictures of the hair follicles allover to make sure I was giving the best information I could without going there as this was during peak pandemic I wanted to avoid flying as much as possible.

We booked the surgery for a Wednesday and Thursday, but we would do a consultation on Tuesday day before surgery and if for any reason Dr Zarev decided I was not a good candidate I would have to accept this which I was OK with. But as I had sent thorough information and pictures we just confirmed everything we spoke about. 

I wired a deposit before flying to Sofia to book the dates, I was actually scheduled to do the surgery 6 months later than I did but got a cancellation and I was available to fly down on short notice.  And rest of the money I wired while I was there, I believe there are options for payment put deposit is necessary to book your dates. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Getting results like this in two passes with that many grafts is insane. Not many clinics are capable of this- no way. And to think, zarev is actually capable of even more grafts over two procedures.

he’s ridiculously meticulous in his planning and during his surgery. Look at his post op photos and videos, literally no blood and you can barely see the trauma on the scalp. Look at Turkish clinic post op photos with blood everywhere and grafts untrimmed bulging out.

His yield is fantastic considering Hugo also has curly hair. Do you know how much scar tissue builds up after 7k+ grafts? Yet his second surgery was still a home run. 

One of the things I really liked before contacting Dr Zarev was the detailed photos, from all angles, good quality and detailed and so many pictures from one client. You don't see this often. 

Don't know about the scar tissue question. 

Edited by HugoX

What was your post op like? Did they give you anything like antibiotics to take or did you have to get everything on your own?   Do they have a protocol with washing your head or do they recommend staying for monitoring up to a week after?

How about contact front the clinic weeks or months after to check on your growth??

On 8/7/2022 at 5:17 AM, johnto said:

What was your post op like? Did they give you anything like antibiotics to take or did you have to get everything on your own?   Do they have a protocol with washing your head or do they recommend staying for monitoring up to a week after?

How about contact front the clinic weeks or months after to check on your growth??

I got all necessary medication for post op. Dr Zarev himself does the first wash day after surgery and goes through the coming 10 days schedule. 

Dr Zarev would have preferred I stayed a day or 2 before leaving but I could not stay longer than day after surgery, so surgery was finished around 23:30 and I fly out say after around 15 clock. But I felt confident because I had seen so many post up pictures from Dr Zarevs patiens that didn't bleed or had bandage post op. So I left flying without bleeding or any bandage. 

First 10 days I would send pictures every day and had daily contact with Dr Zarev, either WhatsApp or phone call if I needed. 

After this, once a month check ups with pictures, WhatsApp/phone call,direct communication with Dr Zarev all the time. 

13 hours ago, johnto said:

What meds did you take post op? An antibiotic?

Amtiobtoic, something for pain if needed, soothing anti irritating spray for recipient if needed 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

I tried reaching out to Dr.Zarev on Instagram as well as via the form on his website but no one has replied or gotten back to me 🤕

exactly the same, guys a ghost 🙈 could you post the link in here to fill out the form I couldn’t even find it on the website

On 5/25/2022 at 2:08 PM, HugoX said:

Which is still less than what top doctors in US charge where they do 6-8 $/grafts 

Amazing! You look great. Any advice on the best way to get in touch with Dr.Zarev? I tried Instagram and his website form last week but have not heard back

1 hour ago, Big Rome said:

exactly the same, guys a ghost 🙈 could you post the link in here to fill out the form I couldn’t even find it on the website

Here you go, please keep me posted

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/contact-us

Edited by bigtyivier2k2

3 hours ago, hairman22 said:

@HugoXdo you know Zarev's waiting list fir surgery

how long do  you have to wait after consult to get the surgery now considering demand  has gone up.

Surgery I think is earliest 2024 (unless cancellations come up), consultation I belive he mentioned latest time available is in mind or even after summer 2023.

I will probably go to Dr Zarev in October for final review of results, take pictures and get another look at how donor looks for the future (just incase). Last time I was there he said another 1500 grafts should be possible, would like to see if it's still around those numbers or more/less. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HugoX said:

Surgery I think is earliest 2024 (unless cancellations come up), consultation I belive he mentioned latest time available is in mind or even after summer 2023.

I will probably go to Dr Zarev in October for final review of results, take pictures and get another look at how donor looks for the future (just incase). Last time I was there he said another 1500 grafts should be possible, would like to see if it's still around those numbers or more/less. 

2024 is fine for me.  Have consult for March 2023.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Giddylot said:

Hi, when did you ask for the consultation and got an appointment for March 2023?

January 22. this year

I rang & spoke to Secretary & booked with her. Online is no good.

Need to travel to Bulgaria for consult as well.