Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 11:50 AM, Berba11 said:

I’ve two two HT’s already (Eugenix) and was classed as a NW3, though my Dad is a NW7. 

The reason I’ve booked a consultation with Zarev is twofold; he does incredibly thorough donor assessments so I want to know exactly what I have in the bank/might need if I reach NW7 one day. 

Secondly, I do wish I’d been a bit more conservative with my HT and maybe gone 1cm or so higher up with the hairline. So I am also looking to explore my options to take the hairline back up a bit one day so am seeking consultations with a select few. Zarev’s extraction technique that seems to create almost no scarring is therefore attractive to me. 

I’m in no rush though so I’m happy to wait and can seek other consultations in the meantime. 

Why did you wish your hairline was 1 cm higher if I may ask fam ? 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, MC117 said:

Why did you wish your hairline was 1 cm higher if I may ask fam ? 

It would be more appropriate for my hairloss pattern, it would be more proportional in terms of the rule of thirds and my hairline now sits on the very edge of the frontalis muscle whereas really it should be a bit higher. 

I’d be more comfortable all round if it were higher and more conservative. I’m in no rush or panic about it though!

• Moderators
On 9/9/2023 at 7:36 PM, Rasputin said:

Does anyone know if Dr Zarev does "repair" cases. Don't know where I read somewhere that he doesn't because he believes he can't get a good result.

I don’t think he does body hair to scalp although I could be wrong on that. If he doesn’t use body hair and you don’t have much scalp donor left then he may not be good for you. However if you have enough scalp donor still available then I wouldn’t doubt that he can do a good repair. 

Edited by BeHappy
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hey @HugoX obviously this is a top 5 transformation of all time. Amazing!

If you ever get a bald fade on the sides, or otherwise, shave, I'd appreciate if you could upload a pic. Interested to see how the scars look.

I'm trying to decide between going to Pittella mid 2024, or waiting until 2025 or later for Zarev. Size of the scars may influence my decision to wait, not sure. Thanks man!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If you ever get a bald fade on the sides, or otherwise, shave, I'd appreciate if you could upload a pic. Interested to see how the scars look.

I'm trying to decide between going to Pittella mid 2024, or waiting until 2025 or later for Zarev. Size of the scars may influence my decision to wait, not sure. Thanks man!

Zarev consultations are in 2025-2026 right now and his surgeries are booked 1-2 years later

4 minutes ago, johnto said:

Zarev consultations are in 2025-2026 right now and his surgeries are booked 1-2 years later

Yeah, I'm aware. I'm looking into off schedule consults and surgery at 10 euro a graft, but not making much progress hearing back. Would also maybe consider either going fully bald or wearing a hair piece until I can see him, TBD

Edited by Grouse

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Yeah, I'm aware. I'm looking into off schedule consults and surgery at 10 euro a graft, but not making much progress hearing back. Would also maybe consider either going fully bald or wearing a hair piece until I can see him, TBD

I would strongly advise you to wait for Zarev. Contact the clinics whats app if you want to get an early consult

Looking at your hair its a bit similar to me. I have already used 3k grafts but still have 9k left 

You have a virgin scalp im certain Zarev can get alot from your scalp. You do have thinning on the upper part of your donor but he will get enough from ther other parts

You also have favourable hair color to head color too.

Also I already get a bald fade and the scars are barely noticeable with Zarev even less so I'm quite.

I can compare after my surgery next year

Edited by hairman22

2 hours ago, hairman22 said:

I would strongly advise you to wait for Zarev. Contact the clinics whats app if you want to get an early consult

Looking at your hair its a bit similar to me. I have already used 3k grafts but still have 9k left 

You have a virgin scalp im certain Zarev can get alot from your scalp. You do have thinning on the upper part of your donor but he will get enough from ther other parts

You also have favourable hair color to head color too.

Also I already get a bald fade and the scars are barely noticeable with Zarev even less so I'm quite.

I can compare after my surgery next year

Do you have any pics you can share of your hair? That's helpful feedback.

Congrats on getting in to see him so early. I should have tried in 2022, but thought it would be impossible to reach him so never reached out. Expensive mistake. Pittella has availability in in July 2024 so I'm struggling as to whether or not it makes sense to wait. If it's 2+ years even with off schedule appointments, it'll be a hard decision.

No response from Zarev's WhatsApp recently, but will keep on trying 1x a week or so. Look forward to seeing your results!

22 hours ago, Grouse said:

I have done skin fade now and then, but don't think I have shared it here, I have shared couple of pictures where I have really short. 

These were around 6 months after second procedure. (the red spot at neck is some sort of a birth mark, have always had that) 

20230914171151782.jpeg

20230914171357853.jpeg

20230914170604855.jpeg

Edited by HugoX
  • Wow 2

1 hour ago, HugoX said:

I have done skin fade now and then, but don't think I have shared it here, I have shared couple of pictures where I have really short. 

Therese were around 6 months after second procedure. (the red spot at neck is some sort of a birth mark, have always had that) 

20230914171151782.jpeg

20230914171357853.jpeg

20230914170604855.jpeg

im so dumb founded ... this is insane

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators
7 hours ago, HugoX said:

These were around 6 months after second procedure. (the red spot at neck is some sort of a birth mark, have always had that) 

20230914171151782.jpeg

20230914171357853.jpeg

20230914170604855.jpeg

This has to be one of the best HTs on here. Why hasn’t Dr. Zarev used your case more? You’re one of his most impressive cases. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This has to be one of the best HTs on here. Why hasn’t Dr. Zarev used your case more? You’re one of his most impressive cases. 

I think he's waiting for me to visit him for my last pictures and video at his clinic, he keeps asking me when I'm coming 😅

I'm fine if he uses my pictures as long as its blurred. 

Hi @HugoX, do you mind sharing a current photo of your hair? It’s almost 3 years since your first surgery and almost 2 years since your 2nd HT. I’m really interested in seeing long term results of an HT. Considering it’s almost 3 and 2 years respectively for both your HT, does it still currently look the same as the photos you have shared in the past? 

On 9/16/2023 at 1:50 AM, Mr. Clean said:

Hi @HugoX, do you mind sharing a current photo of your hair? It’s almost 3 years since your first surgery and almost 2 years since your 2nd HT. I’m really interested in seeing long term results of an HT. Considering it’s almost 3 and 2 years respectively for both your HT, does it still currently look the same as the photos you have shared in the past? 

Sure, I'll try taking next time to do skin fade and take pictures. 

20230920191300968.jpeg

20230920191226101.jpeg

20230920191122924.jpeg

20230920184644286.jpeg

20230920184514712.jpeg

20230920191358168.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 4

1 hour ago, HugoX said:

Sure, I'll try taking next time to do skin fade and take pictures. 

20230920191300968.jpeg

20230920191226101.jpeg

20230920191122924.jpeg

20230920184644286.jpeg

20230920184514712.jpeg

20230920191358168.jpeg

Thanks for the update @HugoX!

Man your hair looks just like back then except for the yellow background. These photos are current right? How long ago was these taken? 

1 hour ago, HugoX said:

Took them like 2-3 hours ago. 

Thanks for the effort @HugoX, your hair looks just like when you shared it back then when you still had the yellow background. Just amazing! I know you are thankful to Dr. Zarev for what he has done but it should be vice versa as well since you made him more popular here. I should not be thanking you for making his waitlist way longer lol jk 😆 

17 hours ago, Mr. Clean said:

Just wondering, have you let it grow longer on the sides? You have a nice curly hair and was wondering if you would be able to pull an Afro look with your hair having the right curl and thickness…

I have thought about just letting it grow..but feel I might feel difficult to manage, might try one day. 

But I'm certainly not afro 😂, I have started to like the wavy/curly look on top so I help the curls to get curlier with a diffuser I think it's called, attachment to the hair dryer. 

• Well Done 1

7 hours ago, HugoX said:

I have thought about just letting it grow..but feel I might feel difficult to manage, might try one day. 

But I'm certainly not afro 😂, I have started to like the wavy/curly look on top so I help the curls to get curlier with a diffuser I think it's called, attachment to the hair dryer. 

It’s nice to know that you’re shifting your knowledge from hair system to hair accessories 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1