Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadimi Instagram live Q&A

• Administrators

Alright guys, 

Christmas came early, I’m currently trying to set up a time and date for our live session. But I want to get some questions from the community. Once I have a concrete time and date I’ll announce it here.

As an industry leader, Konior is widely regarded as one of the very best in all of the world. Dr. Nadimi is proving herself to be a real top notch doctor in her own right, apprenticing under one of the best. I’ll choose the best 5 questions and ask them for you guys. That said, everyone of you guys can join the live session and ask him/her questions in real time.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Yes, it’s one unit, so four hairs grow from different directions.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Please ask what would be the reason for transplanted hairs falling after few years when

1) Donor is 100% stable

2) health condition is perfect

Seems like many people are losing their transplanted hairs and they are never progressed after Norwood 4.

really curious regarding this issue when people doesn't have DUPA

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Ron5566 said:

Please ask what would be the reason for transplanted hairs falling after few years when

1) Donor is 100% stable

2) health condition is perfect

Seems like many people are losing their transplanted hairs and they are never progressed after Norwood 4.

really curious regarding this issue when people doesn't have DUPA

So basically are hair transplants permanent, and why some hair transplants fade after time? 

View my thread

-his opinions/clinical experience regarding Stick & Place in FUE --> if its always been his preferred method of implanting or is particularly utilized for patients with surrounding miniaturization 

-overall opinion on optimizing success with FUE (donor limitations, staging procedures, etc)

• Like 1

As an extension of the donor permanence topic:

Does (can) donor hair take on recipient hair characteristics once it is placed in a male pattern baldness susceptible area, such as the hairline area.

Are factors such as fibrosis, calcification, reduced blood flow in these areas, enough to explain why some transplants fail? Or is it more that the surgeon did not do an adequate job spacing the grafts, implanting them, thus their long term blood flow access and survivability decreases. 

What are their thoughts on the usefulness of PRP and do they incorporate it at all in their practice. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Great questions guys, keep em coming.

View my thread

• Administrators
7 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

What does he know about hair cloning and how close are we?

What is his surgery schedule like? Basically trying to figure out how long his wait list is. Does he do 1 surgery every weekday? or 3 surgeries (MWF) a week? etc

Dr. Konior will only be answering questions regarding surgery. Things like his schedule, wait times, etc can be answered by him directly via email. The purpose of this live session will be for education regarding his approach to surgery, and his philosophies. Now, questions regarding strip scar numbness, recover, etc, that's more within the realm of the questions he'll be answering.

• Like 1

View my thread

What his thoughts and experience is on efficacy of long term Finasteride use. There has been some suggestions that Finasteride may be less effective when used over a longer period (10 years). 

Is shockloss influenced at all by the amount of anesthesia mix used which reduces bleeding? 

• Administrators

Good question, how about asking if shock loss is preventable? Even better.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

How does he determine a patients safe zone, what age is a general rule of thumb, and what are the other considerations involved whilst establishing this - and when does he feel comfortable extracting from outside the traditional NW7 safe zone. 

Is the average donor graft estimation of 5000-7000 grafts vía FUE an estimation based off a NW7 safe zone, therefore would an average patient deemed to be safe at NW6, expect to attain >7000 grafts vía FUE

Edited by Curious25

• Administrators

Good questions. 

View my thread

Can PRP or anything help with reducing some ridging and raised tissue in frontal hairline scalp area?  It is due to many incisions in a smaller area, that cUsed scarred tissue.  Or would you recommend resections for such areas?  What about cobble-stoning?  Is it repairable as well?  

I am trying to get successfully repaired but the doctor I counted on, clearly failed.  

Thank You!

Edited by Sean