Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadimi Instagram live Q&A

Do they have a preference in using sutures versus staples for closing wounds? What are their thoughts on topical finasteride? 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 11/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Alright guys, 

Christmas came early, I’m currently trying to set up a time and date for our live session. But I want to get some questions from the community. Once I have a concrete time and date I’ll announce it here.

As an industry leader, Konior is widely regarded as one of the very best in all of the world. Dr. Nadimi is proving herself to be a real top notch doctor in her own right, apprenticing under one of the best. I’ll choose the best 5 questions and ask them for you guys. That said, everyone of you guys can join the live session and ask him/her questions in real time.

What are the main reasons why many clinics (perhaps excluding Eugenix namely), including CHI, dont have a lot of high NW 'before and after' photos on their website:

- Is it simply a case of probability. Statistically speaking there will always be more NW 1 than 2, 2 more than 3, and so on.. But even taking that into consideration, the proportion of high NW photos posted is disproportionate

- Is it because the end result of high NW HT are not aesthetically pleasing i.e not great marketing

- is it a reflection of the types of cases entertained by clinics

- something other than mentioned above or combination of

thanks for putting this together @Melvin-Moderator

On 11/24/2020 at 1:07 PM, hairlossPA said:

What does he know about hair cloning and how close are we?

What is his surgery schedule like? Basically trying to figure out how long his wait list is. Does he do 1 surgery every weekday? or 3 surgeries (MWF) a week? etc

Yes, I would also like to expand that question to asking if there is any innovation they see in HT surgery in 2020 and the difference in trends from 2010.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, smurf said:

Yes, I would also like to expand that question to asking if there is any innovation they see in HT surgery in 2020 and the difference in trends from 2010.

Sure, valid question.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

We have the date and time December 12th at 11 am pacific, 1pm central and 2pm eastern time. For those of you in Europe, it’s around 7-8pm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

We have seen in the forums a few cases where the patient ends up getting very poor growth yield and later they found out via biopsy that they had some sort of auto immune/inflammatory disease in their scalp that made them lose a good chuck of the transplanted hairs. 

Could you ask him how often he sees that happening and why it's not industry protocol for the patient to do an extensive examination of his/her scalp skin before doing a hair transplant? Thanks!

Edited by JohnBob

• Administrators

We have confirmation this Saturday at 1 pm don't miss out

Text placeholder (7) copy 2.png

• Like 2

View my thread

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Saturday 1pm PST I presume?

Sorry let me clarify, 1pm central time, 11am pacific time and 2pm eastern time. It will be 7pm UK time and 8pm Central Europe time. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Thanks for doing all of these Q&A's, Melvin!  Good stuff!

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
1 hour ago, aaron1234 said:

Thanks for doing all of these Q&A's, Melvin!  Good stuff!

Thank you,

I really want to give our community a chance to interact with some of the world’s best. Not many places you can do that. 

• Like 2

View my thread

On 12/9/2020 at 8:01 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

We have confirmation this Saturday at 1 pm don't miss out

Text placeholder (7) copy 2.png

Pardon the social media ignorance.. but how does this work? (I have never used instagram) 

After signing up for insta, then what?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, InTheSix said:

Pardon the social media ignorance.. but how does this work? (I have never used instagram) 

After signing up for insta, then what?

You have to follow our page @thehairtransplantnetwork on Saturday, at the time listed above, you will see our page is live. You just need to click on the circle with our name that says live. image.png

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You have to follow our page @thehairtransplantnetwork on Saturday, at the time listed above, you will see our page is live. You just need to click on the circle with our name that says live. image.png

Thanks

• Administrators

Dr. Konior is extremely busy, getting this set up was a blessing for us, let’s make this turnout epic. 

• Like 1

View my thread

This is really great!! Potential question for ya to ask...

What does he think sets him apart from other surgeons? He consistently has some of the best results, and I'd love to know if there are certain things he does that he attributes that to... Or if he's simply just incredibly skilled at what he does. :)

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

On 11/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Alright guys, 

Christmas came early, I’m currently trying to set up a time and date for our live session. But I want to get some questions from the community. Once I have a concrete time and date I’ll announce it here.

As an industry leader, Konior is widely regarded as one of the very best in all of the world. Dr. Nadimi is proving herself to be a real top notch doctor in her own right, apprenticing under one of the best. I’ll choose the best 5 questions and ask them for you guys. That said, everyone of you guys can join the live session and ask him/her questions in real time.

Thanks for arranging and hosting the session.. it was very informative and good insight into each of the doctors position on different topics.

• Like 2

Yeah, this was a fantastic Q & A.  If there was a through line it was there is no one size fits all approach to hair transplantation.  "You don't go to a shoe store that only sells size 9's." 👏

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

Yeah, this was a fantastic Q & A.  If there was a through line it was there is no one size fits all approach to hair transplantation.  "You don't go to a shoe store that only sells size 9's." 👏

Hahaha that was a perfect analogy man, made me 😂 

View my thread