3060 FUE Dr Lupanzula 12 Dec 2019

hii Coady, the most recent pictures in the previous post have been taking one month ago, I will post the 5 months update as soon as I get my girlfriend to take them. I can say it is visibly improving, even though it's far from the end result I would expect (still a long way to those 12 months). Cheers

Hi all,

sorry for the delay, here are the 5 months and some days update,

@Huncholini you can find my progress pictures in this same thread in previous posts

coverage is improving, but still far from the expected end result:

image.png.ed84f126248842d1f8affe7232430c39.png

image.png.68f5d4ae1bded0c8f577e64965ab6dbe.png

image.png.43fb7fdd19851c4ec684317a4cec8ac2.png

image.png.6317cd715b19a6b866d6c3897e22d266.png

image.png.dff2e3971d46db3f444a8dae957f9c6d.png

image.png.b64dcab055ff4fc7e15dbba7bb7a03ef.png

Edited by TheForkLift

could be, I am trying to be patient about it.

If I look at the graft re-growth rates, according to the Medikemos hair clinic, I'm not so worried, since 40%-60% is still a long way to go to a final result:

1st month - grafts fall, between 3 to 8 weeks from surgery

3rd month - 20/30% re-growth

6th month - overall improvement in growth quality, 40-60% grafts re-growth

9th month - 60-80% re-growth

12th month - re-growth should be complete and quality will still further improve

99% of people are going to say it’s too early and I agree. I think we could judge better by 6-9 months imo.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Huncholini said:

Hmmm, what do folks think here? I would have thought we'd see more by month 5, or is this normal?

Normal, 5 months is the tip of the iceberg for most. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, TheForkLift said:

Hi all,

sorry for the delay, here are the 5 months and some days update,

@Huncholini you can find my progress pictures in this same thread in previous posts

coverage is improving, but still far from the expected end result:

image.png.ed84f126248842d1f8affe7232430c39.png

image.png.68f5d4ae1bded0c8f577e64965ab6dbe.png

image.png.43fb7fdd19851c4ec684317a4cec8ac2.png

image.png.6317cd715b19a6b866d6c3897e22d266.png

image.png.dff2e3971d46db3f444a8dae957f9c6d.png

image.png.b64dcab055ff4fc7e15dbba7bb7a03ef.png

Still very early, so don’t sweat it. 

I’m sorry if I missed it, but are you using any hair loss meds? 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, TheForkLift said:

hi, I think past couple of months the density has visibly improved . let me get a fresh haircut and I will post an update with pictures at the 7 months mark

That's good news because your result at 5 month was a bit worrying. Most people would say it's too early but I don't agree. Generally at 6 months you have a pretty good idea about what your final result will look like.

Edited by MrProfessor
  • Like 1

well I've read and been told several times to wait and only at 1 year one can really evaluate the success of the HT.

It goes in line with the 40-60% grafts re-growth estimate by 6 months

I should also add that the 5 month mark pictures were taken with direct sunlight over the head which makes it look worse

Anyway I am aware that the final result will always be an illusion of density that will depend on external conditions, I will wait until 12 months to experiment with fibres.

So far I can say I am quite happy and still looking forward for the coming months to improve further

• 1 month later...

Hi, so I've waited until the end of summer to send you some encouraging pics.

Overall it has a better look if seen from far, but closely the density is still quite low.

I have seen other people who've had procedures done after mine, with already much denser hair.

I'm now approaching the 9 month mark and I'm starting to think the end results will be below my expectations, and it's starting to annoy me slightly.

I'm not sure the density will increase that much in 3 months from now, and I'm not keen on rewarding my surgeon with paying another surgery to reinforce the hairline density.

Your thoughts are welcome.

image.thumb.png.f5226a473bc91c7ce8180be4f402f60a.png

image.thumb.png.101f027b9e9fcf362208b87c443a91e2.png

image.thumb.png.4894c643084f10360f8a354678e14cc3.png

image.thumb.png.6dcbf8b0d9017580deaf3224cc7c489e.png

image.png

In my opinion it is already a very good result if I look at the photos of the starting situation, as you say, from the 9th month to the 12th month the situation will not change but you can have a slight improvement, the hairline is very natural, and this is fundamental in the  successful transplant.  Keep in mind that your hair is thin , and it is not easy for those with this type of hair to get a perfect result, then there is what your surgeon told you before the procedure.

• Like 1

Agree with the above - for 9 months this a good result from where you started.

Judging by your 5 month pictures you were on the slower side of growth rate experienced by HT patients, therefore I think in your case in particular you will experience improvement for another 9 months. 

There was quite an obvious difference between 5 and 9 months, which also bodes well for the next 3 months. 12-18 months should be final phase maturation. 

I believe this will look much better with the maturation of the transplanted hairs.

Also you could try a style with 3 millimetres on the sides and leave it like it is now on top. I think it will create a picture of a better head of hair. Leaving it long on the sides will portray the receiving area as thinner.

I think you are growing slightly slower than average but it does not mean it's a failure.

Wait until around 15 months before passing judgement.  Your hair looks on the finer side.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day