3060 FUE Dr Lupanzula 12 Dec 2019

It seems like people forget how bald they were. If you compare the before to the 9 months, there is a huge difference. Also your hairline is age appropriate for a 36 year old.  It will likely look perfect at 12+months.

Month 9 is only 70% matured, meaning hair will thicken 30% more.

Looks great!

FoxtrotChi your comment made me laugh first thing in the morning! that is absolutely right

My GF also points to old pictures of me and tells me "look at how bald you were", so I agree the improvement is palpable.

Thanks for all your feedback, I think I will post back some pics in December at the 12th month mark

Cheers

(btw, still on 1mg finasteride, + Regaine on crown area)

On 9/1/2020 at 8:48 PM, BjornBorg said:

I believe this will look much better with the maturation of the transplanted hairs.

Also you could try a style with 3 millimetres on the sides and leave it like it is now on top. I think it will create a picture of a better head of hair. Leaving it long on the sides will portray the receiving area as thinner.

Yes I should get a haircut, it always helps with the sides and back shorter.

Also after summer the contrast is decreased which helps because skin is darker and the hair is also lighter.

Cheers,

hi everyone, so I need your help here.

Past couple of weeks with change of weather (colder) and having re-started Intermittent Fasting, I've been noticing the grafted hairs are falling off and the density is decreasing.. I am assuming these two aspects could play a role there, specially the IF.

I'm quite surprised because I thought the transplanted hairs were definitive or at least less prone to falling than the native ones.

Having already gone through the shedding phase and a very slow growth over months, seeing my hair fall off again at 9 months is a bit unsettling, I have now attached a video so you can have a much better idea of what is going on.

I have contacted Dr Lupanzula's clinic (Medikemos) in order to get an appointment because we were supposed to have it at 6 months.

Your honest feedback is very welcome.

Cheers,

Interesting point about the weather. I always seem to notice shedding (not crazy amounts but enough for it to be noticeable) when it switches from summer to Autumn/Fall. Scalp is drier with it. Not sure if the change in the air has anything to do with it

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't look good man, it looks like a lot of the grafts didn't grow. I would definitely ask Dr. Lupanzula if he can do an estimate of graft survival percentage by using a microscope or some other tools. 

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing to do now is wait for the post-op review to be completed so that we have something objective. I appreciate everyone wants to give their opinion but It's Dr. Lupanzula who performed the initial assessment, surgery and soon the post-op review so he has all the information needed to conduct this comprehensively. Other opinions at this stage are not based on all the facts and are more of a general overview. 

On 9/13/2020 at 3:53 PM, asterix0 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't look good man, it looks like a lot of the grafts didn't grow. I would definitely ask Dr. Lupanzula if he can do an estimate of graft survival percentage by using a microscope or some other tools. 

thanks for being honest, let's see what the doc thinks about it.

let me just clear it up that I'm not displeased with the current state of it, it's still much better than before. however, I am a bit concerned that the density looks weak, specially that it has decreased after summer instead of improving over time.

to be fair the video was done under direct lighting which makes it look worse than in reality

A lot of people experience shedding at various stages whilst taking Fin and Minox in the first 12-18 months. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with switching your diet. I have looked at your original pictures and obviously there is improvement. Even if you think density isn’t there the framing to your face looks much better. In terms of density, the Dr needs to check if grafts survived and address that for you. The video does make it look thin but you might need to change your hairstyle and keep it shorter than it currently is. Also they were some comments earlier that 3000 grafts might not be enough - maybe it’s simply the case and you need a second op to achieve the desired density considering the characteristics of your hair are on the thin/light side.

The same thing happened to me, between the eighth and the ninth month (between June and July) I had a copious fall, and it is not about survival of grafts, because in this case, they would not have grown back at all.

4 hours ago, Egy said:

The same thing happened to me, between the eighth and the ninth month (between June and July) I had a copious fall, and it is not about survival of grafts, because in this case, they would not have grown back at all.

well did it grow back for your case? I haven't read anything about a latter shedding.

3 hours ago, Huncholini said:

Sorry to see what looks like quite a poor result from such a respected surgeon. Are there any recent results for Dr.Lupanzula where the results are as expected?

well let's not jump to early conclusions. He was always very professional and the procedure itself and the rehab was super smooth, there can be many external aspects impacting the success of the surgery. Some people claim the total graft count was low and the transplanted hairs turned out quite thin. I will let you know once I have feedback from the doc.

1 hour ago, TheForkLift said:

well did it grow back for your case? I haven't read anything about a latter shedding.

In my case, I can tell you that from the fourth / fifth month post procedure, everything had grown, absolutely everything, until the eighth month I was happy with the regrowth of the implanted follicular units, then, from the eighth to the ninth month  , a crazy involution, and now that I am almost a year old, what went away in that month has never grown back.  At one year, I will update the thread.

1 hour ago, TheForkLift said:

well let's not jump to early conclusions. He was always very professional and the procedure itself and the rehab was super smooth, there can be many external aspects impacting the success of the surgery. Some people claim the total graft count was low and the transplanted hairs turned out quite thin. I will let you know once I have feedback from the doc.

Yeah, my question looks a bit harsh, not my intention, I just want to know if other users have had a positive recent (2018-2020) experience with Dr Lupanzula. There was a lot of excitement about his results 3-4 years ago but I haven't seen any recently. Would be good to see recent positive results from him, in comparison Bisanga seems to be hitting almost every HT out of the park at the moment. In Europe people seeking a high quality HT usually pick between these two surgeons and a couple of others.

Edited by Huncholini

I agree Huncholini and not to sidetrack this thread but it would be really interesting to see recent cases from Dr Lupanzula on this forum. The current ones are few and far between. That's unfortunate as his work on foreign language forums seems to be top notch.

Edited by teeplant

On 9/29/2020 at 9:12 PM, Huncholini said:

Yeah, my question looks a bit harsh, not my intention, I just want to know if other users have had a positive recent (2018-2020) experience with Dr Lupanzula. There was a lot of excitement about his results 3-4 years ago but I haven't seen any recently. Would be good to see recent positive results from him, in comparison Bisanga seems to be hitting almost every HT out of the park at the moment. In Europe people seeking a high quality HT usually pick between these two surgeons and a couple of others.

On French forums, spanish docs like De Freitas, Couto or Lorenzo are ranked as the best surgeons these days.

well maybe this helps put it into perspective and understand the total area covered.

It was not just the hairline, it went as far as half way through the scalp, which is a good indicative of how advanced my balding is (I don't say was, because I'm just moving hairs around, the total number of hairs has decreased)

image.thumb.png.f32d3b92a1614b23ce6e454fd1349ffd.png