Eugenix Repair 12606 grafts, 10806 scalp, 1800 beard January 2023/ Feb 2024

Stewie

Just now, Gatsby said:

@Stewie I could hardly recognize you from when I saw you at Eugenix in January. You look like a completely different person. This is one of the greatest come from behind results I’ve seen. 👌

thank you so much mate, really appreciate that, to say I am happy is an understatement, its really exceeded my expectations tbh :) 

On 12/23/2023 at 9:17 PM, Stewie said:

Couple of weeks shy of 11 months and got my hair hacked at the barbers. Asked them please to leave some length on top and now there is literally about an inch of hair apart from the front and he shaved the left hand side when he styled it. I asked him to leave the left to give me options. Guess this is the only style for the next month or so haha

under direct light and this length you can see thru bits but nothing terrible and in normal viewing conditions it’s unnoticeable 

super happy overall

IMG_6774.jpeg

IMG_6776.jpeg

IMG_6781.jpeg

One of the finest results of 2023 👏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shadman said:

One of the finest results of 2023 👏

ha not sure about that, but ill take it, its turned out so much better than I could of imagined and I keep getting told off from my friends, GF and family about not needing to go back for more hair ha, thanks mate :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stewie said:

ha not sure about that, but ill take it, its turned out so much better than I could of imagined and I keep getting told off from my friends, GF and family about not needing to go back for more hair ha, thanks mate :) 

I think once you get good result,  you feel motivated and start to think what can be done to get more hairs. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

From this

IMG_2915.thumb.jpeg.61ee4da9aa3394dbeee7793dbe2ea459.jpeg

to this

IMG_2913.thumb.jpeg.eddf968516a33e70e05a611f978f3eb7.jpeg

and this

IMG_2914.thumb.jpeg.77b2dcb7eeac96a2c735421f291f016c.jpeg

to this

IMG_2917.thumb.jpeg.c54fe4cf974dedb1de5cd66cd015b87c.jpeg

is completely remarkable.

Hair transplant of the year.

With your touch up around the corner you’ll be Aces! You’re already 🔥🔥 right now and you haven’t even hit the year mark!!

Congratulations @Stewie

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

6 hours ago, Steeeve said:

is completely remarkable.

Hair transplant of the year.

With your touch up around the corner you’ll be Aces! You’re already 🔥🔥 right now and you haven’t even hit the year mark!!

Congratulations @Stewie

Thanks mate, when you see it side by side like that its ridiculous really, I can't believe how good it is, I still see the weaker parts but they are not as bad as they was and tbh even as short as the hair dresser just hacked it the other day its pretty good even at the shorter length I didn't want, I am so happy with it :) 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
On 12/27/2023 at 6:45 AM, Stewie said:

Thanks mate, when you see it side by side like that its ridiculous really, I can't believe how good it is, I still see the weaker parts but they are not as bad as they was and tbh even as short as the hair dresser just hacked it the other day its pretty good even at the shorter length I didn't want, I am so happy with it :) 

I mean, a hair transplant will never be what we consider to be perfect but you’ve essentially gone from a Patrick Stewart (which is by no means a jeer) to a Brad Pitt! Of course, you’re happy!! Lol

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is nuts 9151FEF6-1376-404A-B3A9-B49B4769ABC1.jpeg

congrats 🎉 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Really happy for you! Excellent Results!

I am wondering why you need another HT?

Hair Greed?

I don't really need one, its mainly to curb my OCD and get everything as even as I can from the native to the transplanted bits, but more than happy where I am and this one sure is a bit of greed and calming my mental issues and obsessions ha :) 

9 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Having met @Stewie in person pre Eugenix surgery, I can personally vouch that his results are not only incredible, but that they are even more incredible from where he came from. Looking mint mate! 👌

Appreciate it mate and honestly never thought I could get to a happy place with it like this. Be good to bump into you again. I feel we have a lot of stories left to cover :) 

On 2/6/2023 at 4:31 AM, Stewie said:

So I feel quite nervous about starting this thread about my new surgery, like I have an added weight on my shoulders for it to work out if I post about it, yet I feel like I owe it to the forum to show my progress as it happens so people can always see a variety of cases.

As mentioned in my previous thread I went aggressively bald at 17 and by 19 was shaving my hair and by around 21/22 my baldness stabilised slick bald as NW6/7, and I no longer worried about being bald to be honest, the only thing I did worry about is I ws talked into a small FUT surgery at 18, it was around 200-300 hairs and they was placed in a triangle formation in the mid scalp and had about 10+ hairs coming out of each graft, and with me going slick bald rapid, it really did not look the best and played on my mind for a long long time until early 30s when I realised finally I could do something about it and got them lasered off and it never bothered me again.

Fast forward to the global pandemic and after it was calming down a bit in 2021, through sheer boredom and friends having HTs I committed to having one with a local place in Manchester UK, it was a hair mill as I know nowadays and I had 2 x 3000 graft sessions 6 months apart. Aside from losing around 200 grafts on the first session due to a mega scab not coming off my head for four weeks it all grew fine, the one thing I really had not thought about in my lack of thinking behind going through with this was what if I did not like it etc. Well I didn't mainly because the hairline was to straight and also I could not grow it if I wanted to as I had to much bald head to cover with just 6000 grafts. So I have continued shaving it which does not bother me, but the straightness and unnaturalness of the hairline really played on my mind, and as I said to a few people, after living all my life bald and not worrying about my head, I was now at 45, worrying about my head and my appearance and that bothered me, so I needed to do something about it.

The reason behind going to Eugenix is an obvious one, they are leaders in what they do and I personally think with their tiered pricing system have a very affordable product. I would of gone there for my first one but really it was only seeing the likes of @ZoomsterKarl, @GatsbyAdrian and more recently the infamous @Bandit90 John (now poster boy of Eugenix) that convinced me that maybe traveling to India to get this done was not ridiculous and to far away.

Probably like many others living in other counties my initial assessment was through photos and webcam chats, we decided we would push for around 4500 grafts between what I might have left in the scalp and what the beard might offer. I had no idea if this was enough tbh, but I trust them and trust the outstanding results I consistently see on this forum from them.

The package I went for was for the senior tech team, I don't have endless pockets and needed it to be in budget with my savings tbh, so this worked out well, and I trusted the training they all have, so it was 120INR per graft, but they phoned and asked if I would be interested in going for 150INR and have Dr Arika do the hairline incisions, of course I said YES! and then 18% tax on everything, so 177INR in the end.

I have to give a big shout out to John as I was stressing since ever booking to go here and I would constantly bother him with questions and how this and why that, I am sure he has had enough of it all haha, but with him literally living down the road from where I live I thought he is best placed to offer all the advice I need

Couple of stresses in the final weeks before travelling was that all my bloods etc were still not completely back from the docs and the medical visa I applied for 2 months previous still had not surfaced, and then lucky UK went back to online applications and a managed to sort it in days which was lucky for sure.

Travelling to India was fine, but I was gutted to have free alcohol on offer and to be just drinking Diet Pepsi 😞 and then upon landing I was picked up and taken to the Hilton, one thing no one has really mentioned is how crazy the driving is over there, if you imagine the old Outrun game from the 80s and how all the cars constantly just changed lanes and was always hitting you, it was just like that but with around 100 times more cars, I have never been nervous in any vehicle in my life, this was a first for me, more so traveling back to the airport afterwards as I banged my head a couple of times as I think I had Colin McCray driving me back to the airport 😐 

Once at the hotel late afternoon 26th, I was told on previous calls they wanted me in that day to plan what they was going to do on 27th, the first day of my surgery. So I text the clinic and then was told I would not be coming in that day, this was weird as the whole point in being there quite early the day before was they said they wanted to do the assessment, planning and get ready for starting the next day. So I was just about to chill in the hotel when next thing I got invited to the Farm house via John mentioning to Dr P I was here, it seemed they was doing some mini event/evening for some of the patients and I got asked to go to, so I made my way to the clinic, next thing I was being filmed for around 30mins about why I have come to Eugenix etc and then we was taken to the Farm house, it was really cool, but I was super tired as I had not slept for nearly two days at this point, the evening went on forever and I did not get back to the hotel till around 2am, but it certainly was great meeting some other people and seeing the work they had done, especially the Great @Gatsby, it was weird how much we had in common with our hair journey.

The next day 27th was the big day, and also turned out to be a truly crap annoying day, I didn't get taken to the clinic till around 12, I was told my assessment would be in about 30 mins time and to wait, I did not get seen till around 5:30, I then got the planning done and it felt a little rushed (maybe it wasn't but after waiting around for so long the whole thing was over in minutes) I did ask them please not to lower my hairline as it was more about a natural look than anything and then got told my donor was very poor and my beard was very poor, this knocked me massively as I knew the area where the other clinic took from twice was 100% no go, but all the untouched native bits were good and my beard is definitely no painted on ones some people rock, but its also quite dense really so this threw me and then next thing I was told at the very most it would be 3500 grafts and I had to agree to it to move forward and was told they would pack out the hairline mainly so I could grow it to give a good illusion and comb it back, I was a bit broken by this news but composed myself and thought well I am here now, paid for the amount of grafts and then I was finally taken through about 6:30, I had 3000 slits done and sent back to the hotel and hour later, it was honestly a waste of a day. I was then text and told my surgery would start the next day now and that they would complete it all in one day, I text back and said It was agreed to be two days and I would rather not rush through one day.

28th (new day of start), I was taken to the clinic around 10am and it kicked off as soon as I got there which I was happy about. I was told because my donor was bad that they would only be trying to get around 1500 most from it and then the rest from the beard, I asked if the beard could be pushed to 3000+ maybe, and was told yes but lets see if you can tolerate it.

Having had two previous FUE surgeries its strange how different this one was with the DHT method and the fact they are harvesting and implanting at the same time pretty much, a lot slower going than the last two, but they know what they are doing so I just lay back and let them crack on. I had Dr Soumesh looking after me and I have to say he was great, I told him that really even though they had the plan to just go mainly on the hairline that really I wanted it just to look natural and then after that it was just about getting some density in the rest of the head, especially the mid scalp, and that I really did not want the temples touching that much as really I was asking them to maybe leave the temples as I have very faint ones still that I was happy with. Dr Soumesh took all this onboard and kept a close eye on the team consistently throughout the day. Around 5pm Dr Arika came in and took over for a bit to do the hairline, she said the team had done a great job in putting a super dense packing behind the hairline and she would now sort the key parts. By the end of that day I was told they had moved around 2200 grafts and then Dr S mentioned that my scalp donor was holding up loads better than expected and they could push for around 2000 grafts from it, so this sounded positive.

29th Day 2, got there at 9am and got right to business, about two hours in Dr S came in and said your scalp is going even better and they took more, in the end they left some bits untouched and managed to get just over 2700 from it, they then moved to the beard and pulled back on what they was going to take, he said the beard is nice and dense and I would not notice it being taken, in the end they only took 1800 from it and at the time of writing this Day 7, I can honestly say it looks like it was never touched.

The final count came in at 4544, which oddly is inline with the original estimate. It was a bit of an emotional roller coaster but I have to say the team were amazing and can't do enough for you, sometimes when you have to move position a couple of the lads would grab hold of you and start giving you a real good massage all over, at one point I had four of them doing my arms and back at the same time, I would of paid good money just to have that for an hour on its own ha

One odd thing that no one has really mention on the forum (or at least I have never seen it) is that I was filmed around 4/5 times before and after my surgery, loads of photos taken of me and others like when at the farm house, just strange that no one else has ever really brought it up? And also that the anaesthetic, wore off constantly or had dead spots where it never seemed to take, I never had this in the UK and normally its 1 sore 2 sore 3 going number by the 4th prick its numb, but here literally every prick was sore and then just didn't seem to last long so I had periods of feeling discomfort and just putting up with it whilst getting it done, not sure if its just a different technique or drug used?

Couple of funny things and nice parts was that each time I was asked how old I was they was taken back as I am now 45 and they couldn't believe it ha, and then also I have a LOT of tattoos, and people kept coming in my surgery room to see them, a couple of the other senior docs come in back end of day 2 to check them out and was having me show them whilst getting grafts put in haha, even had staff around the hotel asking the same about the tattoos, I am guessing thats a cultural thing and maybe they don't normally have people with lots of tats?

The food in the clinic and at the hotel was a dream I would eat curry every day if I could, and it was so good, and I think out of all 5 nights I only had to pay for two evening meals in the hotel. The hotel itself and the room was fantastic, and for the price was a steal, room was great.

Overall how am I feeling and what are my thoughts on Eugenix so far? The first day which ended up not being the first day really knocked me, but once I was over that they was honestly amazing, so kind, could not do enough for you, and honestly at the end of the day I was so happy when I saw what they have achieved and its super clean and honestly the day after it looks great and no soreness, only tiny scabs localised to each grafts, no oozing or blood, it truly was a beautifully well done job.

I would really love to go back and truly thank each team member individually, they were all really lovely people and great at their job. And a big massive thank you to Dr Soumesh who really looked after me as I think he sensed my total anxiety about it all and would come in with his iPad and take a photo and show me what great work they was doing. And he said and I quote "you have great hair follicles, just as good as @Bandit90John's and they will grow equally as good" Thank you so much, hahaha I am not sure myself but thats high praise getting compared to the god of MW6/7 😄 

So now I am home its been a week of survival and watching I don't bang my head like I normally do, I have made it through and just done my first head wash today, exercised too and had a shower, still looks and feels like 50% of the scabs are still there but a lot softer so I think they'll be off in the next couple of days.

Now the nerves and anxiety had kicked in for real, I am already starting to tell myself that it won't grow well, that there is no point etc. It looks great so far and I am going to have to stay calm, get sad when it starts falling out next week and wait patiently for month 4 onwards and hope it's all good. But I just keep thinking can I really have enough on my head now to grow it and have it look good and something I'll be happy with? I really hope so 🙂 

I'll try and get some regular updates going once a month too, and I am so sorry for war and peace, and if you make it through this novel I commend you hahaha

Lastly with the photos I am putting one up of my first surgery at 6 months and then second at 6 months so you can see what they had to work around, and then from before, during and after the surgery up to today Day 7.

image.thumb.jpeg.de506cc7c917ce44bcb187607897bb92.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2dd9af412af8e387de57148505128175.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.be7433ce467a6d8704634b5a8ff7f0a6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6ffb35622e78dc6c56c4ef3340a53450.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fc038be6849cd392b6298351e54c394a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f1fb73d23270abf5025d4e41e0f19e56.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ce0aea1027289911d6466477e68a36a4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0d8cce226c0720a4c183969d07863ea5.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.33d2b10a5bcd0afb41ab5021abc7ba0b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c1928c45066ebced01d33349465703ec.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa76d395eb81363e7a6d1c83e7099c5f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5b86ddc599779d0ae3bb19d81faef622.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.afc3b7f0ef61e772caf049c1d43b9da7.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.711c8de0c7370e9fc39a85b4158cd6dc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.27d56530b0b9184f6409e6b2902482d6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9586a5ecc5fb3453550532265b645675.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ffa7fa5377970ab82830a47ced0b0965.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.f32780a6022fbcc5fb6a53ed7cd8cd1c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.70f2a4a2337ba1de18ee00f1015bf605.jpeg728970995_2023-01-2917_55_42.thumb.jpg.278d11db71fbca88d543fe6df9a72359.jpg836494406_2023-01-3106_50_13.thumb.jpg.788bddb4e3b80bc9d6bdfe74fd4341fa.jpg

based on your story mate i wonder do you book return ticket or one way and book a plan ticket post op? as i do considering to do ht at euginix but after i read your story i need to make a perfect plan. cheers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So it’s been 12 months since last surgery. I fly out next week for what should be the very last HT I ever have. To say I am happy with where the Eugenix team have got me in this surgery is an understatement. From slick bald most of my life to having hair again is a weird feeling and I know how blessed I am to be in this position. Hopefully next week will be the icing on the cake to sort out the bits that give me OCD. But I am one happy guy for sure!!!

CEAF2937-70BF-4971-9FC8-B8B97FCB43A0.jpeg

IMG_6971.jpeg

IMG_6972.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

• Moderators

Wow. That hair looks awesome.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.