Eugenix Repair 12606 grafts, 10806 scalp, 1800 beard January 2023/ Feb 2024

Stewie

On 2/3/2024 at 2:31 PM, Stewie said:

So it’s been 12 months since last surgery. I fly out next week for what should be the very last HT I ever have. To say I am happy with where the Eugenix team have got me in this surgery is an understatement. From slick bald most of my life to having hair again is a weird feeling and I know how blessed I am to be in this position. Hopefully next week will be the icing on the cake to sort out the bits that give me OCD. But I am one happy guy for sure!!!

CEAF2937-70BF-4971-9FC8-B8B97FCB43A0.jpeg

IMG_6971.jpeg

IMG_6972.jpeg

Insane result. You should be very happy with that result. 👏

• Like 1

@Stewiestill waiting for that buzz cut pic bro 😉 ... hey were eugenix a bit reluctant to take you as a patient seeing you didn't want to take finasteride or anything ? I've got an appt with Dr Arika Bansal on friday

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dba said:

@Stewiestill waiting for that buzz cut pic bro 😉 ... hey were eugenix a bit reluctant to take you as a patient seeing you didn't want to take finasteride or anything ? I've got an appt with Dr Arika Bansal on friday

Literally just come out of surgery, ill get one in the next day or so when its not oozing haha, gonna get some sleep. As for meds they won't not take you because your not on meds, but they really do like you to take FIN for your hair, I just told them I do so it made it easier, maybe I might start again, but as my hair as been the same since about 21 and now I am 46 and my dads is still the same at 64, I kind of don't see the point :) 

4 hours ago, Stewie said:

Literally just come out of surgery, ill get one in the next day or so when its not oozing haha, gonna get some sleep. As for meds they won't not take you because your not on meds, but they really do like you to take FIN for your hair, I just told them I do so it made it easier, maybe I might start again, but as my hair as been the same since about 21 and now I am 46 and my dads is still the same at 64, I kind of don't see the point :) 

@Stewie your a legend mate, rest up my friend... sorry didn't meant to bug you that quick after surgery hope all goes amazing .... yeah same I don't wanna take fin... ill just say I will also lol

12 hours ago, dba said:

@Stewie your a legend mate, rest up my friend... sorry didn't meant to bug you that quick after surgery hope all goes amazing .... yeah same I don't wanna take fin... ill just say I will also lol

hahaha its no problem at all, it just would not be the best pic atm as all the hair has been shaved to the bone and then just red from injections, extractions and implants :) should be fine in a few days I reckon

yeah meds are obviously a totally personal choice, I get no sides from them so I am lucky in that sense, but also saw no benefit so then it begs the question of whats the point? I think with FIN, if you have hair to save or maybe save, then maybe its a good investment in yourself on this journey of His, but for me the damage was done by 21/22 and it looked the same up until my first surgery a couple of years back, so really I don't see the point for me personally, but if your diffusing slowly etc then maybe there is hope to hang on to it for longer for sure, and who knows some people are super responders and grow hair back, that was my hope, but I think the baby hairs had forgot how to grow 26 years ago for me :D 

13 hours ago, Stewie said:

hahaha its no problem at all, it just would not be the best pic atm as all the hair has been shaved to the bone and then just red from injections, extractions and implants :) should be fine in a few days I reckon

yeah meds are obviously a totally personal choice, I get no sides from them so I am lucky in that sense, but also saw no benefit so then it begs the question of whats the point? I think with FIN, if you have hair to save or maybe save, then maybe its a good investment in yourself on this journey of His, but for me the damage was done by 21/22 and it looked the same up until my first surgery a couple of years back, so really I don't see the point for me personally, but if your diffusing slowly etc then maybe there is hope to hang on to it for longer for sure, and who knows some people are super responders and grow hair back, that was my hope, but I think the baby hairs had forgot how to grow 26 years ago for me :D 

@Stewie so true , but should we not take it to preserve the new transplanted hair ? Incase the dihitestosterone eats it up again ?

4 hours ago, dba said:

@Stewie so true , but should we not take it to preserve the new transplanted hair ? Incase the dihitestosterone eats it up again ?

Again it depends on what your views are on that, if your hair is never going to change, ie your baldness not progress then there is no need, but then thats the problem in one fact in that I suppose none of us really know, but then also we dont really know if FIN is actually that effective from one person to the next, I think in most cases it would slow down the DHT progress, but its mad how some people respond so well and reverse hair loss sometimes

Part of me thinks should I start it again, and a big part thinks no, like I said after 2+ years I had no sides but no positives either

4 hours ago, Stewie said:

Again it depends on what your views are on that, if your hair is never going to change, ie your baldness not progress then there is no need, but then thats the problem in one fact in that I suppose none of us really know, but then also we dont really know if FIN is actually that effective from one person to the next, I think in most cases it would slow down the DHT progress, but its mad how some people respond so well and reverse hair loss sometimes

Part of me thinks should I start it again, and a big part thinks no, like I said after 2+ years I had no sides but no positives either

@StewieYeah very true,  to be fair though the less crap in our system the better, FIN lowers test, what makes a man , I put on muscle very easy , I don't want to lose that by taking it

Hows your recovery going bro ?

8 minutes ago, dba said:

@StewieYeah very true,  to be fair though the less crap in our system the better, FIN lowers test, what makes a man , I put on muscle very easy , I don't want to lose that by taking it

Hows your recovery going bro ?

Finasteride lowers free testosterone? Are you sure? I thought it actually marginally increased it since less is converted to DHT?

• Like 2

Recovery going well, both times being Eugenix it has healed rapid, ill post some pics in a day or so once its a bit cleaner and you can see whats going on, but to say its only been 1.5 days its super clean and not sore and pretty much no swelling

Edited by Stewie
sore instead of sure
  • Thanks 1

I would say meds are very important.

Just my personal experience but i was on Dutasteride and Oral Minoxidil before my HT and also following it and my hair was INCREDIBLE. I have stopped taking meds for 3 months and I can see really stark gaps and thinness again.

I was always told by Eugenix to just take 'multivitamins' and they weren't encouraging of oral minoxidil when I went there. Now when I have told them this by text message they have told me that I should always have been on Fin and Oral Min!

My fault I guess but hopefully if I get on it now again it'll come back...I hope...

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

Recovery going well, both times being Eugenix it has healed rapid, ill post some pics in a day or so once its a bit cleaner and you can see whats going on, but to say its only been 1.5 days its super clean and not sure and pretty much no swelling

Good to hear that recovery going good. Eagerly waiting for your detailed write up. I really want to see what was the overall density distribution. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Stewie said:

Recovery going well, both times being Eugenix it has healed rapid, ill post some pics in a day or so once its a bit cleaner and you can see whats going on, but to say its only been 1.5 days its super clean and not sure and pretty much no swelling

Are you in India now Stew?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Are you in India now Stew?

Yeah! Bored of chilling already

Surgery all wrapped up in one day on one long day on Sunday, and then been recovering and chilling last two days, and just doing some work on laptop haha, ill get a write up done for end of the week, once I am away from the snipers that can take me out :D

Edited by Stewie
didnt sound right ha
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Yeah bored of just chilling, surgery all wrapped up in one day on one long day on Sunday, and then been recovering and chilling last two days, and just doing some work on laptop haha, ill get a write up done for end of the week, once I am away from the snipers that can take me out :D

You’re back? Are you hanging with @Bandit90

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Fourth and LAST hair transplant - 11th February 2024

2062 scalp grafts

So as normal ill try and be as open and honest about my experience as thats the only way it helps others about what to expect.

The Good, the bad and the Ugly (joking nothing was ugly) Great

The Good : So this sitting was all about getting the donor as homogenous as possible, really the first surgery at Eugenix last year really left me in a place where I would more than likely never need another HT ever again, but with me over analysing my head constantly, I always get annoyed with the thick horseshoe around the top that has never been taken from. So with that in mind I had already had a pre-op consultation around 3 months back and it was agreed to move into this (unsafe area) as my baldness was stable etc, and they had said they would do 1700 grafts (this was based on a photo that they wrongly assessed). Upon getting to the clinic to kick start everything the planing went well and to my surprise Dr Arika took over this and everything was a bit calmer than last time, and whilst still quite fast I manage to talk around what it was I wanted to achieve and said with the grafts I wanted them all to go into the two side lanes and crown and once they was full then if anything was left to go in mid scalp, so she drew the plan up on my head accordingly and took some photos to show me and it looked good, she also commented quite a few times about how good my donor was doing and that they would get grafts no problem, which filled me with quite a bit of joy as its always a bit nerve racking with this stuff, but still I needed the techs to look a bit deeper.

Then when talking to Dr Soumesh and he was planning out the donor, they pulled back and started planning to take from the same areas as last time only, I had to push hard and explain again and again that the whole point of this surgery was only over getting grafts mainly out of them areas to homogenous it, so after a lot of back and fourth, Dr Soumesh said he needed to clear it with the top Drs and then I had to sign off photos of the plan and sign a wavier, which I was more than happy to do. 

So finally the plan was in action.

The surgery itself went very smooth and was done in one day and not a crazy late finish which was a bonus, and I was very well looked after by Dr Soumesh and then Dr Das helped out towards the end, and a massive massive bonus was the girl doing the anaesthetic injections was 100% better than who ever did it last year, as the year before it was horrendously painful and never seemed to get numb for long and quickly when getting it done and each infection was super painful, this year maybe a handful from all day were on the painful side and the rest fine, so a big thumbs up for sure :) 

The Bad : I hate mentioning anything bad so I'll shove it in the middle so it creates a nice s**t sandwich as they say so we can end with positives :D. So the bad points are the same as last year, COMMUNICATION, honest to god, the left hand is not speaking to the right. On the first day I was told to come into the clinic for bloods and planning and a couple of other things, they told me I would be picked up at 13:00 and then I got a call at 12:00 from the driver saying he was downstairs?? I got to the clinic and when going to reception no one knew who I was and was kind of not expecting me and then was sent straight into a room to be filmed, which for once I declined and said I would do it tomorrow as I had been awake for nearly two days at this point. I then had my bloods taken and then told to go back to the hotel and that nothing else was happening that day, so contradicting everything I had been told.

The next day was surgery day and that was fine as everything went to schedule.

After that it was more the same, miscommunication about pick up times, or where I was being taken or not taken, getting sent to floors for donor cleaning and again not being expected.

And then the big annoying one was I wanted to discuss a concern with the Doc and was told that was fine and could be done on the Monday the day after surgery, a time was agreed and then when at clinic was told everything was fine and sent back to the hotel without getting to see the doc, and then again on the Tuesday even though the time was arrange to have donor clean and have a brief chat with the doc to check everything, after the donor clean I was sent back again and didn't get to see or speak with the doc, the concern was not super important but I would of liked to of had a brief chat and just make sure everything was ok, so this was a bit of a poor point, again stupid communication on all fronts.

I can't see how this part should be one of the easier bits for Eugenix to have got right on both visits, and yet surprisingly they seem to fall so short on this front and thus cause massive amounts of undue stress thats not needed for something so simple.

The Great Lets start with the main surgery, I am absolutely amazed but they seemed to get 2062 scalp grafts from a NW6/7 head thats already had at least 8750 scalp grafts taken already. The plan was good and I think whats been put in will really help make an already great result near perfect all being well, the only thing I would of liked a bit more is if they really directed near all grafts into the lanes and crown so that I could get best illusion on them fronts, but tbh I am also happy of anything adding density overall, and like I said I am more than happy with temples and the hairline and just wanted some density mid and back, and didn't want any more beard grafts (even tho I have only had 1800).

I can't say great without mentioning all the staff, and like others have said there are far to many to mention personally, but this is why I went back and I think why many trust them so much, they really care and really can't do enough for you in each and every instance of anything thats happening at that moment, from getting you a drink, to a quick massage when changing positions etc, they are all honestly brilliant in each and every way, and if I was having another HT (I am not) this would be the reason for going back here and would allow me to over look the communication problems.

And getting to spend a few hours catching up with @Gatsby and @Bandit90 was awesome and the only down side was it was so short. They are both looking great and I can't wait to see how they grow :) 

So to wrap up I now stand at around 12606 grafts in total with a whopping 10806 coming from the scalp and 1800 beard.

Main takeaways are that I was in a great place from my last surgery and this one was not needed tbh, I never thought I would ever have hair in my life again, let alone something as great and natural looking as what I had before it got shaved off for this surgery, even Dr Sethi in passing started messing with it and told me it was full and I had hair greed 😬 (I think maybe he was joking hahaha) who knows?!

So I am so excited, nervous and already impatient with where this is going to end up!!!

I have tried to show a good varied amount of images to show when they was messing and combing it back (hair was about 3-4 inches long, so not very long), and then they was wetting it and getting it in different odd partings to highlight areas they wanted to look at to get the plan together.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.48.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.48.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.48.59.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.49.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.49.55.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.55.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.56.04.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.56.59.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.57.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 18.32.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 18.32.18.jpeg

IMG_7059.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-14 at 09.31.06.jpeg

Edited by Stewie
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Fourth and LAST hair transplant - 11th February 2024

2062 scalp grafts

So as normal ill try and be as open and honest about my experience as thats the only way it helps others about what to expect.

The Good, the bad and the Ugly (joking nothing was ugly) Great

The Good : So this sitting was all about getting the donor as homogenous as possible, really the first surgery at Eugenix last year really left me in a place where I would more than likely never need another HT ever again, but with me over analysing my head constantly, I always get annoyed with the thick horseshoe around the top that has never been taken from. So with that in mind I had already had a pre-op consultation around 3 months back and it was agreed to move into this (unsafe area) as my baldness was stable etc, and they had said they would do 1700 grafts (this was based on a photo that they wrongly assessed). Upon getting to the clinic to kick start everything the planing went well and to my surprise Dr Arika took over this and everything was a bit calmer than last time, and whilst still quite fast I manage to talk around what it was I wanted to achieve and said with the grafts I wanted them all to go into the two side lanes and crown and once they was full then if anything was left to go in mid scalp, so she drew the plan up on my head accordingly and took some photos to show me and it looked good, she also commented quite a few times about how good my donor was doing and that they would get grafts no problem, which filled me with quite a bit of joy as its always a bit nerve racking with this stuff, but still I needed the techs to look a bit deeper.

Then when talking to Dr Soumesh and he was planning out the donor, they pulled back and started planning to take from the same areas as last time only, I had to push hard and explain again and again that the whole point of this surgery was only over getting grafts mainly out of them areas to homogenous it, so after a lot of back and fourth, Dr Soumesh said he needed to clear it with the top Drs and then I had to sign off photos of the plan and sign a wavier, which I was more than happy to do. 

So finally the plan was in action.

The surgery itself went very smooth and was done in one day and not a crazy late finish which was a bonus, and I was very well looked after by Dr Soumesh and then Dr Das helped out towards the end, and a massive massive bonus was the girl doing the anaesthetic injections was 100% better than who ever did it last year, as the year before it was horrendously painful and never seemed to get numb for long and quickly when getting it done and each infection was super painful, this year maybe a handful from all day were on the painful side and the rest fine, so a big thumbs up for sure :) 

The Bad : I hate mentioning anything bad so I'll shove it in the middle so it creates a nice s**t sandwich as they say so we can end with positives :D. So the bad points are the same as last year, COMMUNICATION, honest to god, the left hand is not speaking to the right. On the first day I was told to come into the clinic for bloods and planning and a couple of other things, they told me I would be picked up at 13:00 and then I got a call at 12:00 from the driver saying he was downstairs?? I got to the clinic and when going to reception no one knew who I was and was kind of not expecting me and then was sent straight into a room to be filmed, which for once I declined and said I would do it tomorrow as I had been awake for nearly two days at this point. I then had my bloods taken and then told to go back to the hotel and that nothing else was happening that day, so contradicting everything I had been told.

The next day was surgery day and that was fine as everything went to schedule.

After that it was more the same, miscommunication about pick up times, or where I was being taken or not taken, getting sent to floors for donor cleaning and again not being expected.

And then the big annoying one was I wanted to discuss a concern with the Doc and was told that was fine and could be done on the Monday the day after surgery, a time was agreed and then when at clinic was told everything was fine and sent back to the hotel without getting to see the doc, and then again on the Tuesday even though the time was arrange to have donor clean and have a brief chat with the doc to check everything, after the donor clean I was sent back again and didn't get to see or speak with the doc, the concern was not super important but I would of liked to of had a brief chat and just make sure everything was ok, so this was a bit of a poor point, again stupid communication on all fronts.

I can't see how this part should be one of the easier bits for Eugenix to have got right on both visits, and yet surprisingly they seem to fall so short on this front and thus cause massive amounts of undue stress thats not needed for something so simple.

The Great Lets start with the main surgery, I am absolutely amazed but they seemed to get 2062 scalp grafts from a NW6/7 head thats already had at least 8750 scalp grafts taken already. The plan was good and I think whats been put in will really help make an already great result near perfect all being well, the only thing I would of liked a bit more is if they really directed near all grafts into the lanes and crown so that I could get best illusion on them fronts, but tbh I am also happy of anything adding density overall, and like I said I am more than happy with temples and the hairline and just wanted some density mid and back, and didn't want any more beard grafts (even tho I have only had 1800).

I can't say great without mentioning all the staff, and like others have said there are far to many to mention personally, but this is why I went back and I think why many trust them so much, they really care and really can't do enough for you in each and every instance of anything thats happening at that moment, from getting you a drink, to a quick massage when changing positions etc, they are all honestly brilliant in each and every way, and if I was having another HT (I am not) this would be the reason for going back here and would allow me to over look the communication problems.

So to wrap up I now stand at around 12606 grafts in total with a whopping 10806 coming from the scalp and 1800 beard.

Main takeaways are that I was in a great place from my last surgery and this one was not needed tbh, I never thought I would ever have hair in my life again, let alone something as great and natural looking as what I had before it got shaved off for this surgery, even Dr Sethi in passing started messing with it and told me it was full and I had hair greed 😬 (I think maybe he was joking hahaha) who knows?!

So I am so excited, nervous and already impatient with where this is going to end up!!!

I have tried to show a good varied amount of images to show when they was messing and combing it back (hair was about 3-4 inches long, so not very long), and then they was wetting it and getting it in different odd partings to highlight areas they wanted to look at to get the plan together.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.48.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.48.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.48.59.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.49.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.49.55.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.55.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.56.04.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.56.59.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.57.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 18.32.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 18.32.18.jpeg

IMG_7059.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-14 at 09.31.06.jpeg

Damn another epic transformation. I think you might take best repair of the year. I have to say the shaved head suits you. It looks good 🙌

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Moderators

Wow. That is a huge amount of scalp grafts to be able to get. You already looked great without this last procedure.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Thanks dude, its all beyond my wildest dreams all this, its all turned out so so good :) 

Your doppelgänger Sam Rockwell. Reckon you’ll be able to do this hairstyle with ease after this 🙌

IMG_2315.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

View my thread