Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

4 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It’ll make a big difference. I notice my hair takes a hit after a week of non-compliance. When im compliant every day, I see a difference.

Melvin is there any evidence using a shampoo with tea tree oil after HT is harmful to grafts? 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Sunset Dune said:

Melvin is there any evidence using a shampoo with tea tree oil after HT is harmful to grafts? 

How soon after? You don’t wanna use harsh chemicals on grafts for the first few days. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

How soon after? You don’t wanna use harsh chemicals on grafts for the first few days. 

I was using the medicated shampoo my clinic provided me for the first few weeks until the medicated shampoo finished and then I started using Purador anti thinning shampoo which contains tea tree oil as an ingredient. 

• Administrators

10 months using topical dut. 

7E0D4587-7159-4309-9CF8-556D065B862F.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Good improvement 

Only thing is lighting isn't the same

Look at your neck too photo its brighter 

Hard get same lightening though but definitely an improvement 

There’s no difference in the lighting that’s why I made this video. There’s only one light in that bathroom. 

View my thread

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

There was no surgery growth during this time?

I didn’t have any grafts in my lower crown. The only area that really improved.

IMG_1352.jpeg

View my thread

For those worried about the topical going systemic, you should only apply in the morning and not before bed. Putting it before bed the topical will get all over your pillow and potentially cross contaminate onto your face and can easily get into your nose mouth eyes etc. Yes it's convenient at night but imo it's not worth the risk. Also think about the person you share the bed with as well. 

On 12/15/2023 at 8:31 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

There’s no difference in the lighting that’s why I made this video. There’s only one light in that bathroom. 

There is obvious lighting difference not just by looking at the neck but the color from th design on the wall is brighter in the before picture. Not saying you’re manipulating the pics but the lighting is different. Although I do still see really good improvements.

Edited by Smacias15

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Smacias15 said:

There is obvious lighting difference not just by looking at the neck but the color from th design on the wall is brighter in the before picture. Not saying you’re manipulating the pics but the lighting is different. Although I do still see really good improvements.

There’s only one light in the bathroom and it hasn’t changed. I even wet my hair to be as transparent as possible. The before picture has dry hair. I haven’t changed the lighting, room, or camera for that reason. I take all photos in the same spot. The only thing that may change is the angle. I try and be as close as possible, but it’s never going to be an exact match.

• Like 1

View my thread

so I got my XYON and applied it 2 times in 2 weeks..so far Libido is ok ( Did a Testosterone test and my T-level seem low but Libido is ok). I'm going to apply only once per week for 2 more weeks.

Doc recommendation is 3 times per week but I'm reluctant.

i.e. Month ONE = 1 per week

Month TWO= 2 per week

Month THREE = 2 per week

6 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

so I got my XYON and applied it 2 times in 2 weeks..so far Libido is ok ( Did a Testosterone test and my T-level seem low but Libido is ok). I'm going to apply only once per week for 2 more weeks.

Doc recommendation is 3 times per week but I'm reluctant.

i.e. Month ONE = 1 per week

Month TWO= 2 per week

Month THREE = 2 per week

Did you do a testosterone test prior as well?

I just started with my first application on Monday. I'm gonna apply every Monday and Friday in the am and then I will shower in the afternoon before my kid comes back from school. I'm pretty paranoid about the cross contamination. 

I put a full pump in a small container and tbh it's more than enough for an entire scalp. A small dab covers a good amount of surface area due to the gel like solution. I literally used 1/10 of a pump on the areas that are thinning so the bottle will last me a LONG time.  I also don't get it on my hair as I part the area I want to apply and rub it directly on the affected scalp areas. None is wasted getting on my hair except the roots. 

Edited by Spidey

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Did you do a testosterone test prior as well?

I just started with my first application on Monday. I'm gonna apply every Monday and Friday in the am and then I will shower in the afternoon before my kid comes back from school. I'm pretty paranoid about the cross contamination. 

I put a full pump in a small container and tbh it's more than enough for an entire scalp. A small dab covers a good amount of surface area due to the gel like solution. I literally used 1/10 of a pump on the areas that are thinning so the bottle will last me a LONG time. 

Be careful with this i asked xyon and they said when they did product testing that it maintains potency for 6 months. Meaning the potency would go down after 6 months for one bottle meaning the most you could stretch it out is applying every other day. Extending beyond this would mean any applications after 6 months on the same bottle would be less effective 

Edited by Der3k7

Just now, Der3k7 said:

Be careful with this i asked xyon and they said when they did product testing that it maintains potency for 6 months. Meaning the potency would go down after 6 months for one bottle 

Honestly I don't buy it. And if it does go down in potency I think it's negligible. 

Just now, Spidey said:

Honestly I don't buy it. And if it does go down in potency I think it's negligible. 

Yeah possibly. I mean it’s meant to prevent hairloss and thicken what you have so I’d just use a pump daily regardless for prevention 

Just now, Der3k7 said:

Yeah possibly. I mean it’s meant to prevent hairloss and thicken what you have so I’d just use a pump daily regardless for prevention 

Depends what your goals/priorities are. For me, if I have to actually spend approx $100 a mth for the rest of my life I'd just spend money on a ht or let nature run it's course. But everyone is different and just my 2 cents 

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Depends what your goals/priorities are. For me, if I have to actually spend approx $100 a mth for the rest of my life I'd just spend money on a ht or let nature run it's course. But everyone is different and just my 2 cents 

I used to think about just chasing a continuously receding hairline and diffuse thinning by just doing hair transplants but you only have finite donor supply and at some point it’s not enough and prevention is necessary to prevent ever having the look of “going bald”.Plus, every hair transplant you gotta look kinda crappy for another 6 months again. And if not preventing, you get to enjoy it for about a year before you start looking thinner again because of hair loss progression. So im all about prevention now too 

Edited by Der3k7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Depends what your goals/priorities are. For me, if I have to actually spend approx $100 a mth for the rest of my life I'd just spend money on a ht or let nature run its course. But everyone is different and just my 2 cents 

Also $100/month * 12 is only $1200 yearly. Over the course of 10 years that’s 12,000. Your hair transplant with Hasson was probably around 9000. And without prevention assuming you keep thinning you’d need multiple surgeries of 1000 grafts to keep chasing the thinning so it would be more cost effective in the long run + option of also doing a transplant for ever more hair maximization 

3 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I used to think about just chasing a continuously receding hairline and diffuse thinning by just doing hair transplants but you only have finite donor supply and at some point it’s not enough and prevention is necessary to prevent ever having the look of “going bald”.Plus, every hair transplant you gotta look kinda crappy for another 6 months again. And if not preventing, you get to enjoy it for about a year before you start looking thinner again because of hair loss progression. So im all about prevention now too 

That's fair. Like I said. To each their own. I'm 41 now. I was able to rock my small procedure that was done in 2015 and only now can I start to notice some further thinning. I'm also lucky my hairloss is slow and I'm at the point in my life it's not really a high priority for me. Anyways. Let's get this topic back o track. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Also $100/month * 12 is only $1200 yearly. Over the course of 10 years that’s 12,000. Your hair transplant with Hasson was probably around 9000. And without prevention assuming you keep thinning you’d need multiple surgeries of 1000 grafts to keep chasing the thinning so it would be more cost effective in the long run + option of also doing a transplant for ever more hair maximization 

Unlike what some people want to admit using dutasteride even topically can be very risky as its an off label prescription and no real long term studies. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I agree, it will probably be slightly less effective. 

View my thread