Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

I’ve seen studies and articles saying they synergize and enhance benefit

To be honest, I use two pumps. I dab my fingertips and rub them into my scalp with my hair parted. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

How?

I pump it all onto the bathroom sink then part my hair systematically from front to back left to right and dab it right onto the scalp between the parted sections and am able to spread it primarily in small sections all throughout and wong said it diffuses under the skin so it probably gets all throughout my scalp 

13 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

To be honest, I use two pumps. I dab my fingertips and rub them into my scalp with my hair parted. 

So, you're applying two pumps worth of product on a daily basis with no sides? I am currently on the xyon topical finasteride. There is no chance I could cover the whole top of my head with one pump, so I have been applying only to the back half of the top of my head. I have considered applying two pumps worth each day, however, I have been reluctant to do so because of increased risk for side effects. Of course, it would also double the cost. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, hockeyman said:

So, you're applying two pumps worth of product on a daily basis with no sides? I am currently on the xyon topical finasteride. There is no chance I could cover the whole top of my head with one pump, so I have been applying only to the back half of the top of my head. I have considered applying two pumps worth each day, however, I have been reluctant to do so because of increased risk for side effects. Of course, it would also double the cost. 

I’ve been using two pumps, almost daily. There are some times on the weekends that I don’t apply it. I usually have enough for the full 90 days. I did go a week without a bottle this last time. Wasn’t a big deal. So far no side effects at all. But I think dutasteride has a harder time penetrating the scalp than finasteride. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

55 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I’ve been using two pumps, almost daily. There are some times on the weekends that I don’t apply it. I usually have enough for the full 90 days. I did go a week without a bottle this last time. Wasn’t a big deal. So far no side effects at all. But I think dutasteride has a harder time penetrating the scalp than finasteride. 

I've been on Xyon's Dutasteride for almost 6 months now. So far, just maintaining and no significant regrowth. Someone at Dr Hasson's office told me that Top Dut takes a bit longer than their Top Finasteride to yield results, but over the long term they are seeing better results with the Top Dutasteride with less side effects. He told me he personally saw a cosmetically significant thickening at 22 months! My guess is that Top Dut takes longer to accumulate/reach steady state at the scalp level than Finasteride. 

I apply one pump by first rubbing it on my fingers and then apply it from front to back. One pump is enough to cover the whole top of my scalp. 

Edited by Mauricio

1 hour ago, Mauricio said:

I've been on Xyon's Dutasteride for almost 6 months now. So far, just maintaining and no significant regrowth. Someone at Dr Hasson's office told me that Top Dut takes a bit longer than their Top Finasteride to yield results, but over the long term they are seeing better results with the Top Dutasteride with less side effects. He told me he personally saw a cosmetically significant thickening at 22 months! My guess is that Top Dut takes longer to accumulate/reach steady state at the scalp level than Finasteride. 

I apply one pump by first rubbing it on my fingers and then apply it from front to back. One pump is enough to cover the whole top of my scalp. 

I havent used xyon personally, but based off other users who posted their updated pics, i would have expected you to

a) see a difference b) see no difference to know if you need to continue with the drug. I would say maximum a year to see results, but the expectation of 22 months (almost 2 years), it seems like a marketing ploy to keep having you stay on the subscription.

15 minutes ago, 12345 said:

I havent used xyon personally, but based off other users who posted their updated pics, i would have expected you to

a) see a difference b) see no difference to know if you need to continue with the drug. I would say maximum a year to see results, but the expectation of 22 months (almost 2 years), it seems like a marketing ploy to keep having you stay on the subscription.

He did get results before 22 months, but he said that at 22 months he was still getting noticeable results.

Even being able to maintain baseline levels should be considered a win. 

I do wonder if their topical Finasteride is more effective than their Top Dutasteride, considering that Finasteride absorbs better than Dutasteride. What do you guys think? @Melvin- Admin

Edited by Mauricio
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mauricio said:

He did get results before 22 months, but he said that at 22 months he was still getting noticeable results.

i think the win is you can use dut and be side effect free. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mauricio said:

I can see how it will keep improving as it absorbs slower. I don’t think everyone will see regrowth. But maintaining is a good metric. If you don’t lose any additional hair, that means it’s working.

Also, I think I was primed because I hadn’t been on any DHT blocker prior.  If you switch from oral to topical, you probably won’t see any regrowth.

View my thread

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

I do wonder if their topical Finasteride is more effective than their Top Dutasteride, considering that Finasteride absorbs better than Dutasteride. What do you guys think? @Melvin- Admin

I personally think dutasteride is better. I did try their finasteride for a month. It worked well. But didn’t see much gain. But everyone is different, maybe the finasteride works better for you. 

View my thread

11 hours ago, Mauricio said:

Xyons topical dutasteride hasn’t been out for 22 months, I don’t see how that’s an accurate statement. 

There are studies that say dutasteride works better for the front and Finasteride is better for the crown. 

12 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Xyons topical dutasteride hasn’t been out for 22 months, I don’t see how that’s an accurate statement. 

There are studies that say dutasteride works better for the front and Finasteride is better for the crown. 

At Dr Hasson's office they were using Top Dutasteride before Xyon oficially released it. 

I forgot to mentioned that my DHT went down almost 40% after starting Xyon's Dut. I test my hormones at least twice a year. So it definitely goes systemic, but I haven't had any side effects at all. If anything my sex performance is better. According to Xyon's study on Top Dutasteride they found around 5% Dutasteride in the serum vrs Oral 0.5mg of Dutasteride. So that 5% serum exposure might be enough to cause a reasonable drop in serum DHT. 

I'm actually considering switching to oral Dutasteride 0.5mg , but nervous about causing side effects with 20 times the systemic exposure. Has anyone found studies on how much Topical Dut drops scalp DHT?

Edited by Mauricio

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Mauricio said:

At Dr Hasson's office they were using Top Dutasteride before Xyon oficially released it. 

I forgot to mentioned that my DHT went down almost 40% after starting Xyon's Dut. I test my hormones at least twice a year. So it definitely goes systemic, but I haven't had any side effects at all. If anything my sex performance is better. According to Xyon's study on Top Dutasteride they found around 5% Dutasteride in the serum vrs Oral 0.5mg of Dutasteride. So that 5% serum exposure might be enough to cause a reasonable drop in serum DHT. 

I'm actually considering switching to oral Dutasteride 0.5mg , but nervous about causing side effects with 20 times the systemic exposure. Has anyone found studies on how much Topical Dut drops scalp DHT?

It does go systemic to a degree. I don’t think we can argue that, but if you consider 2% dutasteride is industrial strength. If that was oral dutasteride it would’ve lowered your DHT by 95%. Even finasteride lowers it by 75%. 

My speculation is that it’s lowering DHT by around 95% on the scalp, and then trickling down slowly into the system. There’s a threshold, some guys get side effects with 5% reduction, others get no sides even while reducing DHT by 95%. It’s a spectrum. That’s why it’s important to figure out the dosing for yourself. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Considering I did have post finasteride syndrome and couldn’t get hard for my life for awhile after stopping oral finasteride it’s worth it for me to just use xyon dutasteride to protect myself even though it is a pain in the ass to apply and expensive 

16 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Considering I did have post finasteride syndrome and couldn’t get hard for my life for awhile after stopping oral finasteride it’s worth it for me to just use xyon dutasteride to protect myself even though it is a pain in the ass to apply and expensive 

I agree. I tried Propecia many times and it gave me sexual side effects. I'm sure it wasn't psychosomatic, because I tried it more than once at different intervals and doses. Dr Gillet (my Dr and it has videos on the topic) says that he has seen less side effects with oral Dutasteride than with Oral Finasteride. He explains the reason why in one of the videos that he posted online. 

I eat a very clean diet, sleep well, weightrain and take a few supplements like magnesium, Mahler's Test Booster, 5g of Citrulline among a few others. That might help counteract any hormone imbalances that Dut may cause. I like that my Free Testosterone went up a bit after starting Top Dutasteride and my estradiol remained stable and in the low end of the average range

23 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It does go systemic to a degree. I don’t think we can argue that, but if you consider 2% dutasteride is industrial strength. If that was oral dutasteride it would’ve lowered your DHT by 95%. Even finasteride lowers it by 75%. 

My speculation is that it’s lowering DHT by around 95% on the scalp, and then trickling down slowly into the system. There’s a threshold, some guys get side effects with 5% reduction, others get no sides even while reducing DHT by 95%. It’s a spectrum. That’s why it’s important to figure out the dosing for yourself. 

I agree with your statement, at the end of the day its all dependent on your genetics how you will react. 

the only benefit with fin is that you return to baseline a lot faster than with dutasteride.

id love to try xyon dute, but after the 0.1% from anagenica shut me off for a least 1.5 months, with me feeling back to normal down there around the 4 month mark, its a lot of months to be shut off with dut.

16 hours ago, Mauricio said:

I’ve been using Xyon Dutasteride everyday for nearly 5 months, I usually use more than 1 pump to get the gel all over the thinner areas of my scalp front and top. I just use my fingertip to spread it directly on different areas of the scalp. Doesn’t really look like there’s any difference to my crown yet, my front does look a lot thicker but that’s probably from the hair transplant. 

The topical gel makes hair look messy, it’s not the best look and isn’t as convenient as swallowing a pill so I might also consider switching to oral Finasteride (specifically brand name Propecia) if I don’t see any cosmetic difference. I’ll give it 18 months and then switch to oral Propecia.
 I personally wouldn’t recommend switching straight to oral dutasteride, try Finasteride (Propecia, not generic) first to see how you’ll tolerate the medicine if there actually are any side effects. Kevin Mann from hair cafe says dutasteride is actually inferior to Finasteride.

Edited by Sunset Dune

7 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

I’ve been using Xyon Dutasteride everyday for nearly 5 months, I usually use more than 1 pump to get the gel all over the thinner areas of my scalp front and top. I just use my fingertip to spread it directly on different areas of the scalp. Doesn’t really look like there’s any difference to my crown yet, my front does look a lot thicker but that’s probably from the hair transplant. 

The topical gel makes hair look messy, it’s not the best look and isn’t as convenient as swallowing a pill so I might also consider switching to oral Finasteride (specifically brand name Propecia) if I don’t see any cosmetic difference. I’ll give it 18 months and then switch to oral Propecia.
 I personally wouldn’t recommend switching straight to oral dutasteride, try Finasteride (Propecia, not generic) first to see how you’ll tolerate the medicine if there actually are any side effects. Kevin Mann from hair cafe says dutasteride is actually inferior to Finasteride.

I apply the Top Dutasteride at night before bed so no issues with messy hair. I tried Oral Finasteride many times and eventually got sexual side effects. If I was to switch, I'd rather do so to Xyon's Top Finasteride with 20 times less systemic exposure than oral. Maybe for some people Top Finasteride works better than Top Dutasteride. Eventhough I haven't been impressed with results from Xyon's top Dutasteride at 6 months, I'm going to give it a few more months, because from Dr Hasson's office someone told me that it takes longer for Top Dut to work than Top Finasteride,  but in the long term the results have been better with Top Dutasteride. 

Kevin Mann has said that Oral Dutasteride (based on studies) is more effective than Oral Finasteride, but he prefers Oral Finasteride because it's working well for him and it has been studied more for AA than Oral Dutasteride. I've never heard him saying that he thinks finasteride is more effective though. He did mention that Oral Dutasteride seems to cause less side effects than oral finasteride based on studies. 

Edited by Mauricio

7 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

When I research the comparison it seems most articles say dutasteride is better and blocks more dht by more mechanisms. Also when I asked Dr wong which is better and he said dutasteride is better 

• Administrators

Kevin has openly stated that dutasteride is more effective. But finasteride is really good and should be used by most men. But there’s no arguing, dutasteride is the apex drug. 

You have to consider that maintaining is a win. Just because you’re not seeing regrowth doesn’t mean the drug isn’t working. Most guys maintain on their drug regimen, which at the end of the day, that’s what’s important.

View my thread

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

I apply the Top Dutasteride at night before bed so no issues with messy hair. I tried Oral Finasteride many times and eventually got sexual side effects. If I was to switch, I'd rather do so to Xyon's Top Finasteride with 20 times less systemic exposure than oral. Maybe for some people Top Finasteride works better than Top Dutasteride. Eventhough I haven't been impressed with results from Xyon's top Dutasteride at 6 months, I'm going to give it a few more months, because from Dr Hasson's office someone told me that it takes longer for Top Dut to work than Top Finasteride,  but in the long term the results have been better with Top Dutasteride. 

Kevin Mann has said that Oral Dutasteride (based on studies) is more effective than Oral Finasteride, but he prefers Oral Finasteride because it's working well for him and it has been studied more for AA than Oral Dutasteride. I've never heard him saying that he thinks finasteride is more effective though. He did mention that Oral Dutasteride seems to cause less side effects than oral finasteride based on studies. 

I apply it at night as well. Right after my shower. I wake up, my hair doesn’t look messy at all. I think topical dut causes less sides because it penetrates slowly.

This is all speculation, but I think topical dut reduces systemic DHT gradually. Your body probably doesn’t notice it. Because the drug molecule is large, it doesn’t penetrate right away like finasteride. This gives your body time to adjust, so you don’t experience side effects. I think side effects occur from the sudden drop in DHT. Just my speculation.

• Like 1

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I apply it at night as well. Right after my shower. I wake up, my hair doesn’t look messy at all. I think topical dut causes less sides because it penetrates slowly.

This is all speculation, but I think topical dut slowly reduces systemic DHT gradually. Your body probably doesn’t notice it. Because the drug molecule is large, it doesn’t penetrate right away like finasteride. This gives your body time to adjust, so you don’t experience side effects. I think side effects occur from the sudden drop in DHT. Just my speculation.

Do you apply it when your hair is still wet? I tend to wait for my hair to dry and because of all the parting and pushing the hair in different ways to get access to the scalp my hair usually looks kinda stupid after 

Edited by Der3k7

16 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

When I research the comparison it seems most articles say dutasteride is better and blocks more dht by more mechanisms. Also when I asked Dr wong which is better and he said dutasteride is better 

Dr Wong told you that their Topical Dutasteride is better than their Top Finasteride or that the Oral Dut is better than Oral Finasteride?

Edited by Mauricio

22 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

Dr Wong told you that their Topical Dutasteride is better than their Top Finasteride or that the Oral Dut is better than Oral Finasteride?

My question was phrased generally so the statement was that generally speaking dutasteride is more effective and said it’s perfectly fine for me to switch to xyon dutasteride instead of xyon finasteride 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you apply it when your hair is still wet? I tend to wait for my hair to dry and because of all the parting and pushing the hair in different ways to get access to the scalp my hair usually looks kinda stupid after 

No, I blowdry my hair, then apply Xyon. 

View my thread