Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
On 9/16/2023 at 8:22 AM, FUT4000 said:

You’re doing both oral and topical minoxidil? Has oral helped? Any heart side effects?

On 9/16/2023 at 8:22 AM, FUT4000 said:

You’re doing both oral and topical minoxidil? Has oral helped? Any heart side effects?

No heart side effects.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

7 month update. I think I might have gotten the most regrowth I’m going to get. I notice my hair looks visibly worse if I don’t use it for a few days. I think one week I slacked and I took a hit. Consistency is everything. All pictures taken in the same room/lighting. 

6F494EEB-D87E-4B87-B788-D45FF6B3482F.jpeg

F812262C-62FA-41AC-9109-EE5F9A3B8AA5.jpeg

Im running out of my minoxidil, so I need another script, time to visit Dr. Pan. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Big improvement in the side to side, although lighting does look a bit darker. Surely you can't lose ground with a few days off? I thought the half life is quite long, which is why people see results taking it a couple of times a week?

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, HHH said:

Big improvement in the side to side, although lighting does look a bit darker. Surely you can't lose ground with a few days off? I thought the half life is quite long, which is why people see results taking it a couple of times a week?

The lighting is the same. Same room, overhead light, and phone camera. It could be in my head, but the week I didn’t take it, I think it looked worse. Not a big difference, but a small one nonetheless. 

View my thread

On 9/27/2023 at 3:03 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

7 month update. I think I might have gotten the most regrowth I’m going to get. I notice my hair looks visibly worse if I don’t use it for a few days. I think one week I slacked and I took a hit. Consistency is everything. All pictures taken in the same room/lighting. 

6F494EEB-D87E-4B87-B788-D45FF6B3482F.jpeg

F812262C-62FA-41AC-9109-EE5F9A3B8AA5.jpeg

Im running out of my minoxidil, so I need another script, time to visit Dr. Pan. 

Do you think you’re getting extra improvement by also using minoxidil in addition to xyon and that it is worth the extra hassle?

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you think you’re getting extra improvement by also using minoxidil in addition to xyon and that it is worth the extra hassle?

Absolutely, definitely worth it!

View my thread

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I’ll probably starting using rogaine foam too then. You think it’s worth also doing derma rolling?

Nah, dermatolling isn’t a good idea IMO.

View my thread

• Administrators

I’ve used topical dutasteride every day since my last update. Maybe its in my head. But I can tell a difference. 

April vs. Now. My hair is also damp in the bottom picture. 

IMG_9761.jpegIMG_9746.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

if you're feeling a positive change then that's what matters; happy to hear things are going well. ref the 2nd pic: how does your hair look when it's dry?

I received my package a few days ago and have just started using the xyon dutasteride; starting oral minoxidil next week

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

On 10/7/2023 at 3:49 PM, forgotpassword said:

if you're feeling a positive change then that's what matters; happy to hear things are going well. ref the 2nd pic: how does your hair look when it's dry?

I received my package a few days ago and have just started using the xyon dutasteride; starting oral minoxidil next week

I wouldn’t try oral minoxidil. I was on it for 9 months and no change other then tired looking eyes and some crows feet, so I went off it. Gonna try rogaine foam and maybe Xyon dustasteride.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Monthly update. I was off topical dutasteride for a week as I waited for my new bottle. Felt like I took a small hit. But it’s not noticeable.

IMG_0469.jpeg
IMG_0458.jpeg

View my thread

On 10/7/2023 at 5:49 PM, forgotpassword said:

Any update on Xyon DUT? I used FIN in the past and had sides. I'm Norwood 7 and want to give ONE LAST SHOT.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Monthly update. I was off topical dutasteride for a week as I waited for my new bottle. Felt like I took a small hit. But it’s not noticeable.

@Melvin- Admin - Hi Melvin - Did you ever get any sides (i.e. libido impact) from using XYON dut? I tried Fin many years ago and stopped within weeks due to decreased libido.

• Administrators
On 11/4/2023 at 7:54 PM, Panamera13 said:

@Melvin- Admin - Hi Melvin - Did you ever get any sides (i.e. libido impact) from using XYON dut? I tried Fin many years ago and stopped within weeks due to decreased libido.

No sides at all. I’ve bumped up to using it daily. 

View my thread

• Administrators

Am I crazy or does it look like it’s improving? I started using it daily since my last update.  Maybe I regained the small hit I took from coming off for a short period. 

E1B9B1D8-6B9F-4F5E-AEF4-294D9596302D.jpeg

View my thread

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

Is it ok to take oral fin daily along with Xyon dustasteride ?

It’s okay but probably overkill.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Sunset Dune said:

Melvin, Have you ever tried using more than one pump to get full scalp coverage? On some days I use 3-5 pumps to get the gel on my entire scalp and I haven’t had any sides 

I’m able to spread one pump out throughout the entire scalp