Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

No, I blowdry my hair, then apply Xyon. 

And you don’t find that after doing all the parts and rubbing the gel onto the scalp that it causes your hair to be kind of unruly after? 

15 hours ago, Mauricio said:

I apply the Top Dutasteride at night before bed so no issues with messy hair. I tried Oral Finasteride many times and eventually got sexual side effects. If I was to switch, I'd rather do so to Xyon's Top Finasteride with 20 times less systemic exposure than oral. Maybe for some people Top Finasteride works better than Top Dutasteride. Eventhough I haven't been impressed with results from Xyon's top Dutasteride at 6 months, I'm going to give it a few more months, because from Dr Hasson's office someone told me that it takes longer for Top Dut to work than Top Finasteride,  but in the long term the results have been better with Top Dutasteride. 

Kevin Mann has said that Oral Dutasteride (based on studies) is more effective than Oral Finasteride, but he prefers Oral Finasteride because it's working well for him and it has been studied more for AA than Oral Dutasteride. I've never heard him saying that he thinks finasteride is more effective though. He did mention that Oral Dutasteride seems to cause less side effects than oral finasteride based on studies. 

Were you using generic or brand name? Some studies say generic Finasteride has a higher chance of side effects compared to brand name Propecia. 

15 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I apply it at night as well. Right after my shower. I wake up, my hair doesn’t look messy at all. I think topical dut causes less sides because it penetrates slowly.

This is all speculation, but I think topical dut reduces systemic DHT gradually. Your body probably doesn’t notice it. Because the drug molecule is large, it doesn’t penetrate right away like finasteride. This gives your body time to adjust, so you don’t experience side effects. I think side effects occur from the sudden drop in DHT. Just my speculation.

Do you take a shower in the morning when you wake up? The gel needs to be on the scalp for at least 12-14 hours 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Do you take a shower in the morning when you wake up? The gel needs to be on the scalp for at least 12-14 hours 

No, I take a shower at night. I don’t like going to bed without showering. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

And you don’t find that after doing all the parts and rubbing the gel onto the scalp that it causes your hair to be kind of unruly after? 

I usually apply it around 7pm.  I usually go to bed around 9pm. By the time I wake up my hair is normal. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

View my thread

• Administrators

View my thread

8 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

9 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Were you using generic or brand name? Some studies say generic Finasteride has a higher chance of side effects compared to brand name Propecia. 

I took brand name Propecia 1mg, then tried 0.5mg and even 0.25mg. Got softer erections and low libido every time. In any case, I don't see a reason to take it orally if I was to switch from Xyon's Dutasteride. Dr Hasson (I trust him 100%) said that their Top Finasteride has been more effective than Propecia, especially in the front, which is the area where I have some recession. Also, it causes a higher concentration of Finasteride in the scalp and just 5% in the serum when compared to Oral. 

I find Xyon's Dut very easy to apply, usually 2 hours before bed, so it stays on my scalp around 10 hours, sometimes 12h, before showering in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Looks good! Why do you think oral Dutasteride is better? With Xyon's Dutasteride you can get similar if not more DHT inhibition at the scalp level, where it matters most. Having said that , I'm thinking of switching to Oral 0.5mg Dut out of curiosity and convenience. 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

Looks good! Why do you think oral Dutasteride is better? With Xyon's Dutasteride you can get similar if not more DHT inhibition at the scalp level, where it matters most. Having said that , I'm thinking of switching to Oral 0.5mg Dut out of curiosity and convenience. 

I think orals will always be better. But, I think there’s a fine line between getting slightly better results with side effects vs. getting good results with no side effects.

View my thread

20 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I think orals will always be better. But, I think there’s a fine line between getting slightly better results with side effects vs. getting good results with no side effects.

What do you think other good brands are? 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, nakding said:

What do you think other good brands are? 

Ive heard farmacia parati is good, but I haven’t tried it. 

View my thread

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/all-things-hair-loss-pt-2-the-gillett-health-podcast-23/id1631735999?i=1000598284449

On minute 22:50, Dr Gillet explains why he thinks Oral Dutasteride has LESS side effects than Oral Finasteride. It kind of makes sense. He also mentions similar DHT inhibition in the serum when taking 0.5mg oral Dut once a week as daily Finasteride. 

What to do you guys think? @Melvin- Admin

I might try a weekly dose of 0.5mg Oral Dutasteride, considering that Xyon Dutasteride dropped my serum DHT by 40%, so eventhough I got side effects from Oral Propecia, I might be able to tolerate Oral Dut. 

Does anyone know if you can use topical dutasteride as an adjunct therapy? I'm currently on oral finasteride 1.25mg every other day and am looking to bolster my hair loss stack by adding a topical antiandrogen. The plan is to start at once per week and work my way up.

6 hours ago, TimeForAChange said:

Does anyone know if you can use topical dutasteride as an adjunct therapy? I'm currently on oral finasteride 1.25mg every other day and am looking to bolster my hair loss stack by adding a topical antiandrogen. The plan is to start at once per week and work my way up.

Many doctors recommend dutasteride once or twice a week on top of daily finasteride when they require a boost 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Anyone here use Nizoral shampoo active ingredient Ketoconazole? It’s supposed to help with hair loss too 

I've used it in the past. I think it's quite harsh on hair. I don't know how effective it is, probably marginally at best.

View my thread

On 11/16/2023 at 12:06 PM, Der3k7 said:

It does for me, but I just comb it afterward and that fixes it. It's kind of like applying a styling gel or pomade.

I use 3 pumps for full scalp coverage, Dr Hasson even said it would take more than 1 pump if there is greater hair loss he recommends 2 pumps (2mL).

I don’t believe topicals are as effective as oral so I want to use as much as possible to reverse miniaturization. 

Edited by Sunset Dune

36 minutes ago, Sunset Dune said:

I use 3 pumps for full scalp coverage, Dr Hasson even said it would take more than 1 pump if there is greater hair loss he recommends 2 pumps (2mL).

I don’t believe topicals are as effective as oral so I want to use as much as possible to reverse miniaturization. 

I've been using one daily pump of Xyon's Dut for 6+ months and my serum DHT dropped by 40%. I tested it twice and both times the drop was around 40%. That's similar to the suppression of an oral dose of daily 0.05mg of Dut (according to a study you can find online). Two or three pumps might get enough levels of Dutasteride in the serum to suppress serum DHT similar or even more than Propecia. 

I haven't had any side effects at all with Xyon, but no hair regrowth either. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mauricio said:

I've been using one daily pump of Xyon's Dut for 6+ months and my serum DHT dropped by 40%. I tested it twice and both times the drop was around 40%. That's similar to the suppression of an oral dose of daily 0.05mg of Dut (according to a study you can find online). Two or three pumps might get enough levels of Dutasteride in the serum to suppress serum DHT similar or even more than Propecia. 

I haven't had any side effects at all with Xyon, but no hair regrowth either. 

thanks for documenting your testing. how long do you plan to continue with the product given the lack of regrowth after 6 plus months?

56 minutes ago, 12345 said:

thanks for documenting your testing. how long do you plan to continue with the product given the lack of regrowth after 6 plus months?

It stabilized my hair loss, so going to stay on it indefinitely. Someone at Hasson’s office, told me that Top Dutasteride takes a bit longer than their Top Finasteride to work. But results with Top Dutasteride have been better long term. So hopefully by 8 or 12 months I’ll see some reasonable regrowth. 

I don’t have any good alternatives since I can’t tolerate Finasteride (even topical gave me side effects). I’m considering adding one or two caps of 0.5 oral Dut per week since I tolerate it well. 

Edited by Mauricio

9 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

It stabilized my hair loss, so going to stay on it indefinitely. Someone at Hasson’s office, told me that Top Dutasteride takes a bit longer than their Top Finasteride to work. But results with Top Dutasteride have been better long term. So hopefully by 8 or 12 months I’ll see some reasonable regrowth. 

I don’t have any good alternatives since I can’t tolerate Finasteride (even topical gave me side effects). I’m considering adding one or two caps of 0.5 oral Dut per week since I tolerate it well. 

its interesting how you were not able to tolerate fin, but have been doing well in terms of being side effect free on topical dut. i tried topical dut once from anagenica and it shut me off  sexually for 6 weeks.