Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Melvin do you plan on switching to Xyon topical Finasteride+Minoxidil combo? Or are you staying on the topical dutasteride.

No, dutasteride is working fantastic for me. I think fin goes systemic more because of the smaller molecular weight. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

No, dutasteride is working fantastic for me. I think fin goes systemic more because of the smaller molecular weight. 

I suggested to them that they make a dutasteride and minoxidil combo too and the rep said they submitted the suggestion. I’m sure they would capitalize on that as well in near future 

23 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

But if topical dutasteride combo with Minoxidil came out would you use it?

How do you apply the gel to your scalp? Do you massage it in until the gel disappears or do you leave bits of it on the scalp

35 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I suggested to them that they make a dutasteride and minoxidil combo too and the rep said they submitted the suggestion. I’m sure they would capitalize on that as well in near future 

I'll email them as well. I'd definitely switch to that combo if it comes out. Their Top Dutasteride has stopped my hair loss but I'm hoping for a bit more thickening and regrowth in the front.

Just now, Mauricio said:

I'll email them as well. I'd definitely switch to that combo if it comes out. Their Top Dutasteride has stopped my hair loss but I'm hoping for a bit more thickening and regrowth in the front.

I am doing minoxidil in afternoon or morning and xyon dutasteride at night I buy them separately 

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

I am doing minoxidil in afternoon or morning and xyon dutasteride at night I buy them separately 

Me too, Proxiphen (5% Minoxidil + 2% Spironolactone among other ingredients) in the morning and Xyon Dut every night. Also Nizoral 2% twice a week. 

1 minute ago, Sunset Dune said:

Why don’t you just apply the minoxidil and Xyon DUT at the same time?

Ones a gel one is a liquid and they can interfere and make application less good for each I think. Also I asked dr wong he said apply separately 

Just now, Sunset Dune said:

Yeah that makes sense, I’m surprised Xyon hasn’t released the dutasteride minoxidil combo yet but they did with Finasteride first. 
I feel like I could get better results with a combo than just the DUT alone 

You can that’s why I am doing them separately until they make the combo 

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Yeah that makes sense, I’m surprised Xyon hasn’t released the dutasteride minoxidil combo yet but they did with Finasteride first. 
I feel like I could get better results with a combo than just the DUT alone 

Dr. Hasson isn’t a fan of minoxidil. But I think they should, it would kill two birds with one stone.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Dr. Hasson isn’t a fan of minoxidil. But I think they should, it would kill two birds with one stone.

Has he said why? Xyon sent me an article saying they’ve found combining minoxidil with finasteride gets better results than just finasteride alone 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Has he said why? Xyon sent me an article saying they’ve found combining minoxidil with finasteride gets better results than just finasteride alone 

I have an old interview where he said it causes skin to change. 

View my thread

2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Like even on face where the minoxidil isn’t Applied?

I don’t worry about it at all. I’ve been using topical minoxidil for over 20 years and my skin looks great.

Kevin made a good video on this topic

• Administrators

There are different schools of thought. Dr. Munoz doesn’t believe there’s any skin aging. Im pushing 40. I don’t think I look older than my age, I’ve been on it for a while.

• Like 1

View my thread

6 minutes ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

I just got my Xyon today! I’m going to wait and use it Sunday afternoon for 4-6 hours before washing it off. Using it once a week. Just don’t want to have side effects

I applied it Monday and Friday last week to start. I noticed a lingering headache on Saturday and Sunday. It wasn't intense but it was annoying to the point I had to take Advil on Sunday.  Yesterday headache was pretty much gone but still felt something wasn't right if that makes sense. Today I feel fine but still have residual "off" feeling around my head like a touch of pressure. Hard to explain. I also can't say whether it's the Xyon or that my body is battling something since everyone around me is getting sick. So with that said I'm not going to say my headaches are from the Xyon. I'm going to wait until Friday this week until my next application and then see how I feel then. If the headaches do come back I'm going to stop using the product especially since I'm only using it 1-2 times a week and about 1/5th of a pump in a small area od my scalp. If that little amount is causing sides then that's a no bueno for me. 

Another thing to add is that I felt my orgasm last wed after my Monday application was weaker than usual. Again too soon to tell if it's related or just coincidence. Will update that as well. 

Before anyone mentioned it, I know it's very early to tell either of the above are related but I wanted to document it now and update later on. 

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Another thing to add is that I felt my orgasm last wed after my Monday application was weaker than usual. Again too soon to tell if it's related or just coincidence. Will update that as well. 

Before anyone mentioned it, I know it's very early to tell either of the above are related but I wanted to document it now and update later on. 

Personally, if I’m fighting some sickness my orgasms aren’t as strong. Same deal with orgasm intensity and libido if I’m worried about side effects (which is ironic). Not trying to discount what you’re experiencing just trying to offer other alternatives. 

when I was on topical fin and got side effects, the…texture of my penis changed, it was more like I had hard flaccid, probably due to something with the prostate. Anyway, that’s another thing you can look for to see if it’s going systemic. 

5 minutes ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

Personally, if I’m fighting some sickness my orgasms aren’t as strong. Same deal with orgasm intensity and libido if I’m worried about side effects (which is ironic). Not trying to discount what you’re experiencing just trying to offer other alternatives. 

when I was on topical fin and got side effects, the…texture of my penis changed, it was more like I had hard flaccid, probably due to something with the prostate. Anyway, that’s another thing you can look for to see if it’s going systemic. 

It's not a placebo. I don't worry about sides. I don't even think about the sides at all, but when I get headaches out of nowhere (and I'm someone that never gets random headaches) it makes me wonder. That's all I'm saying. 

So I think I'm going to stop using this. Too many "random" symptoms popping up since starting and to me is not worth the risk.  I'm not a fan of messing with hormones in general as it is.

Last night while being intimidate with my wife, I noticed some lack of sensation with my penis. I couldn't even really tell if I was fully hard or not. To add to that I had some issues being fully hard. I was still very aroused but it was odd having my penis feel a bit numb. My orgasm was stronger than what it was last when I last reported but the decreased penile sensation wasn't great. I'm also not willing to ride it out. The fact is even though it's too early to tell, imo, it does seem like this drug is going systemic even with the precautions I've taken only using it twice a week, applying it in the am, and washing it out very thoroughly later in the day. 

Here's a list of symptoms I've experienced since using this for the first time last Monday:

- increased frequency of night time urination (weird because I know dut and fin was originally prescribed to help this symptom causer by an enlarged prostate)

- weakened/inconsistent orgasm

- decreased penile sensitivity

- Minor erectile dysfunction (not as hard as usual)

- headaches

- strong morning erections every morning (not a bad thing and kind of weird considering the above)

Like mentioned in my previous post, I'm not saying that all the above symptoms are 100% related to the topical but I believe the penile sensitivity is for sure related as I've never experienced this in my life. Never once have I felt my penis was partially numb and wasn't able to tell how hard I was without looking at my penis. 

Anyways, for those who don't get side effects that's awesome but for me even if I get one side effect that's related to my penis, it's not worth it for me. I won't mess with my hormones. 

I'm also well aware of placebo and/or it all being in my head but like I mentioned before, I don't dwell over possible symptoms and worry about them. I merely noticed the symptoms as they appeared. 

Edited by Spidey
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

So I think I'm going to stop using this. Too many "random" symptoms popping up since starting and to me is not worth the risk.  I'm not a fan of messing with hormones in general as it is.

Last night while being intimidate with my wife, I noticed some lack of sensation with my penis. I couldn't even really tell if I was fully hard or not. To add to that I had some issues being fully hard. I was still very aroused but it was odd having my penis feel a bit numb. My orgasm was stronger than what it was last when I last reported but the decreased penile sensation wasn't great. I'm also not willing to ride it out. The fact is even though it's too early to tell, imo, it does seem like this drug is going systemic even with the precautions I've taken only using it twice a week, applying it in the am, and washing it out very thoroughly later in the day. 

Here's a list of symptoms I've experienced since using this for the first time last Monday:

- increased frequency of night time urination (weird because I know dut and fin was originally prescribed to help this symptom causer by an enlarged prostate)

- weakened/inconsistent orgasm

- decreased penile sensitivity

- Minor erectile dysfunction (not as hard as usual)

- headaches

- strong morning erections every morning (not a bad thing and kind of weird considering the above)

Like mentioned in my previous post, I'm not saying that all the above symptoms are 100% related to the topical but I believe the penile sensitivity is for sure related as I've never experienced this in my life. Never once have I felt my penis was partially numb and wasn't able to tell how hard I was without looking at my penis. 

Anyways, for those who don't get side effects that's awesome but for me even if I get one side effect that's related to my penis, it's not worth it for me. I won't mess with my hormones. 

I'm also well aware of placebo and/or it all being in my head but like I mentioned before, I don't dwell over possible symptoms and worry about them. I merely noticed the symptoms as they appeared. 

I was going to buy this until I read your post.  I have been on finasteride for 6 years and have non-existent erections unless I try really hard.  I am going to quit finasteride but need a solution to prevent my hair from thinning more.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Should I try topical dut anyway?  

Started noticing thinning at 19.  I can't risk losing my sexual function so young.  My semen is watery and don't get morning wood anymore.  This is definitely not a placebo and I am a fairly healthy young guy.  Would you guys say I can try dutasteride siloxysystem gel?

Edited by Hairlossingfast

5 minutes ago, Hairlossingfast said:

I was going to buy this until I read your post.  I have been on finasteride for 6 years and have non-existent erections unless I try really hard.  I am going to quit finasteride but need a solution to prevent my hair from thinning more.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Should I try topical dut anyway?  

Started noticing thinning at 19.  I can't risk losing my sexual function so young.  My semen is watery and don't get morning wood anymore.  This is definitely not a placebo and I am a fairly healthy young guy.  Would you guys say I can try dutasteride siloxysystem gel?

When did you start getting the fin sides. You kept using it for 6 years even with those sides or did they recently surface? If you stuck it out for 6 years that's crazy. Honestly man hair isn't worth your sex life and other sides. Majority of people don't look bad with a shaven head. It's just a rude awakening for this first little bit. But I get how it feels like it's everything when you're younger. I men's hell, I got a ht when I was 33. 

I didn't mean to scare you or anyone from using topical dut, but I wanted to document my experience and my decision to stop using it. 

Edited by Spidey