Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

It varies from person to person, someone else here measured their DHT and it barely changed. Based on their studies there was a vast difference. Some increased their DHT levels, while others dropped by 36%. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, Mauricio said:

I started Xyon's Dutasteride mid May 2023. Got blood work in July, Sep and November. In July DHT went down 30%, then in Sep and Nov went down 40% both times. This means that somewhere between August and Sept it reached steady state. So, it seems it takes between 3 and 4 months to reach steady state. In Xyon's clinical trails they say it reaches steady state at 30 days and that's when they did the serum DHT testing for the 10 subjects. My point is that when they found that 10% average drop in DHT for those 10 subjects, the medication probably hadn't reached steady state. 

That could explain why it takes longer for Top Dutasteride than Top Finasteride (which reaches steady state way sooner) to start working. Also, why they found a low drop of only 10% in their patients. If they would have tested their blood DHT at months 3 and 4, the dropped in serum DHT would probably had been higher than 10%

Just wanted to share that with you guys. The good thing is that I already reached steady state and haven't had any side effects. 

It'd be interesting, for those of you that are using Xyon's Dut, to test your serum DHT levels. 

do you do the test at the doc or labcorp/quest?

• Administrators
On 12/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, Smacias15 said:

What’s wrong testing your dht levels which you primary physician like Kaiser ? Are results less accurate?

Kaiser is a pain. They don’t want to retest my levels because hair loss isn’t medical. I may just have to pay out of pocket 😔

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Kaiser is a pain. They don’t want to retest my levels because hair loss isn’t medical. I may just have to pay out of pocket 😔

Got it. Well I got my testosterone levels results and it was 1043ng/dl. The normal range is between 240-871 so I’m extremely high in testosterone. I Heard high T can cause hair loss. I emailed my doctor my concern and waiting for a response. What are some was to reduce my testosterone either b medicine naturally ?

9 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

Got it. Well I got my testosterone levels results and it was 1043ng/dl. The normal range is between 240-871 so I’m extremely high in testosterone. I Heard high T can cause hair loss. I emailed my doctor my concern and waiting for a response. What are some was to reduce my testosterone either b medicine naturally ?

Talk your Dr about an oral dose of 0.5mg Dutasteride maybe once or twice a week. You can even take it daily if you don't get side effects. That will prevent your high T from being converted into DHT (what really causes hair loss)

13 hours ago, Mauricio said:

Talk your Dr about an oral dose of 0.5mg Dutasteride maybe once or twice a week. You can even take it daily if you don't get side effects. That will prevent your high T from being converted into DHT (what really causes hair loss)

Got it thanks. She just prescribed me oral finasteride like a few days ago, hopefully she won’t make me wait for those pills to be finish before she can prescribe me oral dustasteride. 

9 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

It looks like Xyon is adding minoxidil to its topical medication, the topical Finasteride now has a minoxidil combo. Does anyone plan on using a topical Dutasteride/Minoxidil combination from Xyon? 

I asked them to add it to their product offering duasteride minoxidil combo if they do it for finasteride it only makes sense and the rep said they took my feedback but for now I just use their dut and old fashioned minoxidil dropper I really like the dropper

2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

I asked them to add it to their product offering duasteride minoxidil combo if they do it for finasteride it only makes sense and the rep said they took my feedback but for now I just use their dut and old fashioned minoxidil dropper I really like the dropper

I’m only using Xyon topical dutasteride for my hair loss regimen, I don’t use minoxidil.

If I were to add minoxidil, I think it would help regrow my crown faster than just topical dutasteride alone.  

On 11/24/2023 at 5:27 PM, Sunset Dune said:

I use 3 pumps for full scalp coverage, Dr Hasson even said it would take more than 1 pump if there is greater hair loss he recommends 2 pumps (2mL).

I don’t believe topicals are as effective as oral so I want to use as much as possible to reverse miniaturization. 

I'm on the topical fin. One bottle lasts 3 months at one pump per day. I can't get anywhere close to covering my entire scalp with one pump. Three pumps would be more like it, however, then I would be tripling the cost and potentially tripling the the amount of the drug that goes systemic. So, if you're using three pumps per day you would go through a bottle per month??? No sides using  3 pumps?

21 minutes ago, hockeyman said:

I'm on the topical fin. One bottle lasts 3 months at one pump per day. I can't get anywhere close to covering my entire scalp with one pump. Three pumps would be more like it, however, then I would be tripling the cost and potentially tripling the the amount of the drug that goes systemic. So, if you're using three pumps per day you would go through a bottle per month??? No sides using  3 pumps?

Lol yeah that would come out to 1 month per bottle

2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Lol yeah that would come out to 1 month per bottle

300 bucks a month!! ....... wow ....... I thought I read that one pump of the topical fin typically reduces systemic dht by 30 percent. So, would 3 pumps potentially lead to a 90 percent reduction (20 percent more than 1 mg oral finasteride)? 

AIso, is there any evidence at this point to substantiate the idea that either of the xyon topicals are more effective than their oral counterparts at reducing scalp dht?

Just now, hockeyman said:

300 bucks a month!! ....... wow ....... I thought I read that one pump of the topical fin typically reduces systemic dht by 30 percent. So, would 3 pumps potentially lead to a 90 percent reduction (20 percent more than 1 mg oral finasteride)? 

AIso, is there any evidence at this point to substantiate the idea that either of the xyon topicals are more effective than their oral counterparts at reducing scalp dht?

It’s probably not linear like that. I would guess each additional pump would have a smaller and smaller additional decrease in dht, but it could be the opposite and be a larger decrease in dht each additional pump. Also the bottle is 390 for the dutasteride version. 

I only use one pump and use dab it throughout the scalp on parted hair in different sections. Wong said it diffuses under the skin when it absorbs, so application doesn’t need to be perfect

• Administrators

I use two pumps daily and I have some left over at 90 days. How much are you guys actually using. Two pumps is more than enough. 

View my thread

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

How do you use 2 pumps daily and have left over at 90 days? There’s supposed to only be 90 pumps or so in the bottle. If what you are saying is true that would make over 180 pumps 

I don’t use it every single day, sometimes I miss a few days here and there. Id say im 80% compliant. Before yesterday I didn’t use it for 4 days. I went hiking to Joshua Tree National park. I think I took a small hit though.

View my thread

I'm at 7 months of using daily Xyon's Dutasteride and so far I have just been able to maintain. When I used Hasson's 2.5% Finasteride back in 2015 (he used to prescribe a similar gel as Xyon's from a pharmacy in Vancouver), I had amazing results after 6 months. 

If I'm getting a 40% reduction in serum DHT with Xyon's Dut, my scalp DHT inhibition should be even higher than 40%. I have no idea why I responded better to topical finasteride than Top Dutasteride. My only guess (and hope) is that Dutasteride takes longer to work, because of its longer half life and time to reach steady state. It could also be that it absorbs better at the follicle level. What do you guys think? @Melvin- Admin

Edited by Mauricio

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

I'm at 7 months of using daily Xyon's Dutasteride and so far I have just been able to maintain. When I used Hasson's 2.5% Finasteride back in 2015 (he used to prescribe a similar gel as Xyon's from a pharmacy in Vancouver), I had amazing results after 6 months. 

If I'm getting a 40% reduction in serum DHT with Xyon's Dut, my scalp DHT inhibition should be even higher than 40%. I have no idea why I responded better to topical finasteride than Top Dutasteride. My only guess (and hope) is that Dutasteride takes longer to work, because of its longer half life and time to reach steady state. It could also be that it absorbs better at the follicle level. What do you guys think? @Melvin- Admin

The reality is that in 2015 your hair may have been in the early stages of miniaturization. When you’re early, treatments work better. 

View my thread

14 hours ago, hockeyman said:

I haven’t had any sides with 3 pumps, it’s hard to get side effects from Xyon because of the slow delivery system.

Yes I’ve had to pay more per bottle it’s a trade off, either go bald or have hair.

This topical dutasteride is supposed to be one of the best treatments on the market for hair loss and I’ve put my trust into Dr. Hasson 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I calculated my compliance percent out and it was right around 50-55% for this last bottle. If I get that up to 90-100% I wonder how much better my hair will improve 

It’ll make a big difference. I notice my hair takes a hit after a week of non-compliance. When im compliant every day, I see a difference.

View my thread