Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

When did you start getting the fin sides. You kept using it for 6 years even with those sides or did they recently surface? If you stuck it out for 6 years that's crazy. Honestly man hair isn't worth your sex life and other sides. Majority of people don't look bad with a shaven head. It's just a rude awakening for this first little bit. But I get how it feels like it's everything when you're younger. I men's hell, I got a ht when I was 33. 

I didn't mean to scare you or anyone from using topical dut, but I wanted to document my experience and my decision to stop using it. 

Thanks for your response and I appreciate you sharing your experience.  I don't really know when the sides started.  It wasn't like I took one pill and all the sides came on the next day.  It was more gradual.  The watery semen definitely started very early probably within the year of first taking fin (probably much sooner just being conservative with my time estimates).  Shrunken testicles as well.  Gradually noticed losing morning wood and erections as the years went by.  Never really paid attention to it.  Started to attribute it to finasteride about 6 months ago and it's all making sense now.  I just stopped finasteride for 3 days and I absolutely will NOT go back to any oral 5-ARI's.  I really hope I regain my sexual function as the YouTube vids say that if you stop fin you most likely will recover after a few months.

I really need an alternative to this.  Was hoping topical dut was the answer but I cannot risk sides.  Was thinking maybe dut mesotherapy b/c I heard it doesn't go systemic and drops scalp DHT quite a bit (need to find more accurate info on this) but none in my area and is quite expensive.  

But, I absolutely do not want to go bald.  I realize this is very vain but we live in the most vain time in human history with social media accessibility now world-wide.  

1 minute ago, Hairlossingfast said:

Thanks for your response and I appreciate you sharing your experience.  I don't really know when the sides started.  It wasn't like I took one pill and all the sides came on the next day.  It was more gradual.  The watery semen definitely started very early probably within the year of first taking fin (probably much sooner just being conservative with my time estimates).  Shrunken testicles as well.  Gradually noticed losing morning wood and erections as the years went by.  Never really paid attention to it.  Started to attribute it to finasteride about 6 months ago and it's all making sense now.  I just stopped finasteride for 3 days and I absolutely will NOT go back to any oral 5-ARI's.  I really hope I regain my sexual function as the YouTube vids say that if you stop fin you most likely will recover after a few months.

I really need an alternative to this.  Was hoping topical dut was the answer but I cannot risk sides.  Was thinking maybe dut mesotherapy b/c I heard it doesn't go systemic and drops scalp DHT quite a bit (need to find more accurate info on this) but none in my area and is quite expensive.  

But, I absolutely do not want to go bald.  I realize this is very vain but we live in the most vain time in human history with social media accessibility now world-wide.  

I experienced post finasteride syndrome for awhile it took several months to go back to normal. I’m on xyon topical dutasteride and minoxidil currently no issues 

2 minutes ago, Hairlossingfast said:

If not going bald is your priority why not save up for a ht. Also it's prob inevitable you end up trying topical dut if that's ur priorities. 

Just now, Spidey said:

If not going bald is your priority why not save up for a ht. Also it's prob inevitable you end up trying topical dut if that's ur priorities. 

B/c I won't take any oral fin anymore.  Wouldn't it be a waste to get a hair transplant and not be on a 5-ARI ?  I could try my luck with the gel and I may end up doing that but I'm so afraid I will permanently damage my sexual function (if i haven't already).  Was really hoping the verteporfin would be a solution so I could get hair transplants every few years and not worry about meds, but don't know if that's even realistic.

6 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I experienced post finasteride syndrome for awhile it took several months to go back to normal. I’m on xyon topical dutasteride and minoxidil currently no issues 

U experienced pfs from the oral meds?  No issues at all from topic dutasteride?  Also if oral meds, how long did u take them and how long after until ur symptoms went back to normal?

1 minute ago, Hairlossingfast said:

B/c I won't take any oral fin anymore.  Wouldn't it be a waste to get a hair transplant and not be on a 5-ARI ?  I could try my luck with the gel and I may end up doing that but I'm so afraid I will permanently damage my sexual function (if i haven't already).  Was really hoping the verteporfin would be a solution so I could get hair transplants every few years and not worry about meds, but don't know if that's even realistic.

What's your Norwood now? Depending on how fast your Hairloss is a hair transplant can buy you time. You'll probably need more than one procedure but there's a lot of cases where people have procedures that last them a while. Imo it's better to get a procedure done when you're already a high Norwood so it's more coverage.  For me I had only 1036 grafts and I knew after a few years id either need another touchup procedure if I wanted to maintain a full head of hair. I refuse to take oral meds which is why I tried the topical dut. I have been using topical minox for 15ish years though. 

Yes I took oral finasteride for 11 months and didn’t really experience sides. But my first surgeon cautioned me to get off of it because he had heard stories of people becoming impotent or having sexual issues after being in the medication for awhile. Then when I got off of it is when I experienced side effects and the infamous post finasteride syndrome which took months to get back to normal but was unable to get hard at all for awhile. And now I am on son’s topical dutasteride and am not noticing any changes in my sexual ability. I don’t get morning wood, but I stopped getting that years ago. 

4 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Yes I took oral finasteride for 11 months and didn’t really experience sides. But my first surgeon cautioned me to get off of it because he had heard stories of people becoming impotent or having sexual issues after being in the medication for awhile. Then when I got off of it is when I experienced side effects and the infamous post finasteride syndrome which took months to get back to normal but was unable to get hard at all for awhile. And now I am on son’s topical dutasteride and am not noticing any changes in my sexual ability. I don’t get morning wood, but I stopped getting that years ago. 

If you didn't get sides from Fin while taking and only when you stopped, wouldn't it be hard to say that the dut is or isn't causing systemic changes unless you go off it and then see the same pfs symptoms pop up?

Edited by Spidey

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

What's your Norwood now? Depending on how fast your Hairloss is a hair transplant can buy you time. You'll probably need more than one procedure but there's a lot of cases where people have procedures that last them a while. Imo it's better to get a procedure done when you're already a high Norwood so it's more coverage.  For me I had only 1036 grafts and I knew after a few years id either need another touchup procedure if I wanted to maintain a full head of hair. I refuse to take oral meds which is why I tried the topical dut. I have been using topical minox for 15ish years though. 

Currently my hairline is a norwood 2 and my crown is a norwood 5.  But I have diffuse thinning all over.  What will you do now that ur stopping topical dut?

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If you didn't get sides from Fin while taking it wouldn't it be hard to say that the dut is actually not causing systemic changes unless you go off it and then see the same pfs symptoms pop up?

Yeah you can make that argument. I’m just going off the idea that topical tends to be less systemically absorbed and the fact that Xyon has shown that their specific gel formulation takes topical application even further by reducing the amount of systemic absorption even more than other topical dutasteride solutions do. 

Edited by Der3k7

15 minutes ago, Hairlossingfast said:

Currently my hairline is a norwood 2 and my crown is a norwood 5.  But I have diffuse thinning all over.  What will you do now that ur stopping topical dut?

Nothing. Just keep my current regimen of microneedling once a mth and topical minox daily. I still have the appearance that I'm not losing my hair but when the day comes where it's obvious, oh well. I'm 41 right now and my hair isn't my top priority. I'm happy with my procedure but looking back, with what I know now, I probably would've told my 33 year old self to not get the ht and not sweat it. 

• Administrators
Just now, Sunset Dune said:

How do you know if your hair has stopped miniaturizing after using medication?

I’m still finding small thin miniaturized hairs on my finger when I apply topical dutasteride on my scalp. Does that mean my hairs are still miniaturizing? 

No, it’s probably hair in the categen phase. Its most likely shedding to make room for healthier hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, GhostCryptid13 said:

Did Xyon ever publish any information on the duta’s absorption rate? For example how many mg of duta are absorbed each hour from hour 1 to 12?

I tried to get info from Wong on this for planning how long I need to wait before I shower.  But I think if you wait 8 hours that should be sufficient 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I tried to get info from Wong on this for planning how long I need to wait before I shower.  But I think if you wait 8 hours that should be sufficient 

Dang I was planning 4 lol. Idk I’m just scared of side effects considering it’s such a large dose

5 minutes ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

Dang I was planning 4 lol. Idk I’m just scared of side effects considering it’s such a large dose

Well minoxidil says don’t wash for 4 hours and since xyons whole thing is about keep the medication in the gel and releasing more slowly into the skin because of the gel it should definitely be on longer than minoxidil 

5 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Well minoxidil says don’t wash for 4 hours and since xyons whole thing is about keep the medication in the gel and releasing more slowly into the skin because of the gel it should definitely be on longer than minoxidil 

Do you know if your body absorbs the entire 20 mg dose over 12 hours or if it absorbs less?

36 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I don’t know the timeline of absorption unfortunately 

So I did find this article on Xyon’s site that has a 10-person pharmokinetic study: https://xyonhealth.com/blogs/library/topical-dutasteride-clinical-trial-results

Their 2% topical was judged against 0.5 oral duta daily. The study said the DHT change was -20 approximately. I’m not sure how much that could cause sides (obviously that could cause sides in people sensitive to changes in DHT). 

Edited by GhostCryptid13

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

So I did find this article on Xyon’s site that has a 10-person pharmokinetic study: https://xyonhealth.com/blogs/library/topical-dutasteride-clinical-trial-results

Their 2% topical was judged against 0.5 oral duta daily. The study said the DHT change was -20 approximately. I’m not sure how much that could cause sides (obviously that could cause sides in people sensitive to changes in DHT). 

I just put it on at night before bed then shower 23 hours later. Another option just put it on in morning and then shower it off at night like 8+ hours later

Edited by Der3k7
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just got (and used) my topical duta! However one pump doesn’t seem to be enough to cover my whole scalp. I believe I got where I’m mainly balding and some other parts but I’m not sure if I got everything. 

Has anyone else had this experience?

also, I washed it off after 4 hours. I may have had mild ball ache

Edited by GhostCryptid13

On 1/1/2024 at 9:00 AM, GhostCryptid13 said:

Just got (and used) my topical duta! However one pump doesn’t seem to be enough to cover my whole scalp. I believe I got where I’m mainly balding and some other parts but I’m not sure if I got everything. 

I think that’s just mental/placebo man. Your first topical application for only 4 hours and already a ball ache? 

I’ve been able to spread it out through my entire top scalp including crown. I pump onto counter and then use a hair parting rod and rub it throughout each part and in back on crown. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 1/1/2024 at 8:00 AM, GhostCryptid13 said:

Yea that sounds like nocebo. 4 hours isn’t enough time for it to absorb. Because of the vehicle and dutasteride molecular weight. It’s nearly impossible. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.