Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

I part my hair in several lines and dab my finger on the counter where I pumped it and rub it along these scalp lines and then I turn around and do my crown area separately at the end. When I’m actually doing it and not doing photos I can expose the scalp pretty well and prevent the gel from just getting stuck on the hair strands and actually get it onto the skin 

IMG_7287.jpeg

IMG_7288.jpeg

IMG_7289.jpeg

IMG_7290.jpeg

IMG_7291.jpeg

IMG_7292.jpeg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

I part my hair in several lines and dab my finger on the counter where I pumped it and rub it along these scalp lines and then I turn around and do my crown area separately at the end. When I’m actually doing it and not doing photos I can expose the scalp pretty well and prevent the gel from just getting stuck on the hair strands and actually get it onto the skin 

IMG_7287.jpeg

IMG_7288.jpeg

IMG_7289.jpeg

IMG_7290.jpeg

IMG_7291.jpeg

IMG_7292.jpeg

Your density looks amazing 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

I think that’s just mental/placebo man. Your first topical application for only 4 hours and already a ball ache? 

I’ve been able to spread it out through my entire top scalp including crown. I pump onto counter and then use a hair parting rod and rub it throughout each part and in back on crown. 

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Yea that sounds like nocebo. 4 hours isn’t enough time for it to absorb. Because of the vehicle and dutasteride molecular weight. It’s nearly impossible. 

I agree that it’s nocebo! It doesn’t make sense that I’d get ball ache that quickly. I didn’t even know it was possible for your mind to cause physical pain to itself like that. 

thanks for the reassurance, I’m a bit of a worry-wart when it comes to side effects. 

I was looking at some studies that show a high correlation between scalp DHT inhibition and hair regrowth. It seems that scalp DHT inhibition is way more important than serum for regrowth. Oral 0.5mg Dutasteride inhibits scalp DHT by a bit more than 40%.

In Xyon's clinical trial they found an "appreciable permeation of dutasteride into the epidermis and a target tissue concentration well exceeding the potency benchmark (IC50) for dutasteride". 

This means that their Topical Dutasteride should inhibit scalp DHT by more than 50%. Then why do you guys think that oral 0.5mg Dutasteride might be more effective than their topical Dutasteride?

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

I was looking at some studies that show a high correlation between scalp DHT inhibition and hair regrowth. It seems that scalp DHT inhibition is way more important than serum for regrowth. Oral 0.5mg Dutasteride inhibits scalp DHT by a bit more than 40%.

In Xyon's clinical trial they found an "appreciable permeation of dutasteride into the epidermis and a target tissue concentration well exceeding the potency benchmark (IC50) for dutasteride". 

This means that their Topical Dutasteride should inhibit scalp DHT by more than 50%. Then why do you guys think that oral 0.5mg Dutasteride might be more effective than their topical Dutasteride?

There’s no direct analysis comparing the two. Theoretically, it makes sense stopping DHT at the root on the scalp, rather than systematically. However, there aren’t a lot of studies. That’s why many feel oral dut is better. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 1/4/2024 at 10:44 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

There’s no direct analysis comparing the two. Theoretically, it makes sense stopping DHT at the root on the scalp, rather than systematically. However, there aren’t a lot of studies. That’s why many feel oral dut is better. 

I’ve been wondering if it might be more effective to just take oral 0.5mg Dutasteride 3 or 4 times a week instead of daily Xyon’s Dutasteride. The amount of Dutasteride I’m absorbing based on blood work/serum DHT reduction might be equivalent to 2 or  3 times a week orally. I haven’t had any side effects at all. If anything my sexual performance is better than before Xyon. Have you guys thought of switching to oral? I wouldn’t be surprised if your serum DHT reduction is similar to mine, around 40% @Melvin- Admin. @Der3k7

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Mauricio said:

I’ve been wondering if it might be more effective to just take oral 0.5mg Dutasteride 3 or 4 times a week instead of daily Xyon’s Dutasteride. The amount of Dutasteride I’m absorbing based on blood work/serum DHT reduction might be equivalent to 2 or  3 times a week orally. I haven’t had any side effects at all. If anything my sexual performance is better than before Xyon. Have you guys thought of switching to oral? I wouldn’t be surprised if your serum DHT reduction is similar to mine, around 40% @Melvin- Admin. @Der3k7

Taking oral dutasteride 3-4x per week would probably drop your DHT by 75-80%. It might be more effective, but you might get side effects. I think I will stick with this, it works for me and I don’t have sides. My libido is good. 

• Like 1

View my thread

20 hours ago, Mauricio said:

its interesting to see how different individuals bodies react to dutasteride. from no sides to report of increased libido, crazy. 

• Administrators
On 1/7/2024 at 4:59 PM, Sunset Dune said:

I have a full bottle of Xyon Dutasteride that expired last July, is it safe to use or should I just throw it away? 

Im sure it’s safe, but I don’t know how effective it would still be. 

View my thread

On 1/7/2024 at 4:59 PM, Sunset Dune said:

I have a full bottle of Xyon Dutasteride that expired last July, is it safe to use or should I just throw it away? 

At Xyon they told me that it's good for 6 months after compounded. After that, it loses its effectiveness. 

5 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

At Xyon they told me that it's good for 6 months after compounded. After that, it loses its effectiveness. 

By how much efficacy? 
Also, have they ever mentioned anything about when they would release a Minoxidil/Dutasteride combo like they did with their Finasteride topical?

5 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

By how much efficacy? 
Also, have they ever mentioned anything about when they would release a Minoxidil/Dutasteride combo like they did with their Finasteride topical?

They didn't say by how much efficacy is reduced.  They probably don't know since it's hard to measure that. I wouldn't risk using it after 6 months. 

They responded that they currently have no plans to release Minox/Dut combo. 

How are you responding to their Dutasteride?

5 hours ago, Mauricio said:

They didn't say by how much efficacy is reduced.  They probably don't know since it's hard to measure that. I wouldn't risk using it after 6 months. 

They responded that they currently have no plans to release Minox/Dut combo. 

How are you responding to their Dutasteride?

My front looks a lot thicker but that also might be due to the hair transplant (I had 4000 grafts for the front by Dr. Hasson) though I do think it’s doing a good job retaining my existing hairs.

I still have a thin patch on the crown, I haven’t noticed much regrowth for the crown but it doesn’t seem to have gotten worse either.

I’ve been using the topical Dut every day for 6 months now.

I’m slightly disappointed they aren’t going to release a Min/DUT combo.. I’ve never used minoxidil but I’m beginning to consider it. 
I’m probably going to hold off on minoxidil until at least 15 months after my hair transplant because of the initial shed caused by minoxidil. I don’t want to tamper with my final results, I’m still at 9 months post op. 

If I ever notice I’m still losing ground on topical Dut I’ll switch to the oral form but I’ll probably start off with Finasteride first. 

Edited by Sunset Dune

10 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

My front looks a lot thicker but that also might be due to the hair transplant (I had 4000 grafts for the front by Dr. Hasson) though I do think it’s doing a good job retaining my existing hairs.

I still have a thin patch on the crown, I haven’t noticed much regrowth for the crown but it doesn’t seem to have gotten worse either.

I’ve been using the topical Dut every day for 6 months now.

I’m slightly disappointed they aren’t going to release a Min/DUT combo.. I’ve never used minoxidil but I’m beginning to consider it. 
I’m probably going to hold off on minoxidil until at least 15 months after my hair transplant because of the initial shed caused by minoxidil. I don’t want to tamper with my final results, I’m still at 9 months post op. 

If I ever notice I’m still losing ground on topical Dut I’ll switch to the oral form but I’ll probably start off with Finasteride first. 

I've been considering switching to oral Dutasteride 3 or 4 times a week, but because I had side effects with oral finasteride, I'm hesitating. Dr Hasson said in the interview with Melvin that they have seen better results with their Topical Finasteride than with Oral Finasteride, especially in the front. I believe him, so a better alternative for me might be to switch to their Finasteride/Minox combo, if I don't see regrowth in the next few months with their Top Dutasteride. Topical Finasteride has lots of studies proving its effectiveness, whereas Topical Dutasteride has none, at least that I'm aware of. The only person that I know that has seen regrowth with Top Dutasteride is Melvin, but he's also on oral Minoxidil. For me, I guess it's keeping my existing hair, but haven't been impressed so far. 

Edited by Mauricio

I started using their topical min/fin about 30 days ago. I’m at 3.5 months post fue so the last month has been good for growth. Can’t say it was the topical but it didn’t have any negative effects. The positive is I am starting to notice the side effects from the oral fin diminish. My libido seems to be returning. Yay!  I was down to .25 4 times a week and I was still getting the sides so this change has been very positive for me. Hope the topical helps with may hair too. 

Hi @Melvin- Admin

Excuse me if you answered this already. Did you experience shedding? I am at the start of month 5 into using Topical Dut by Xyon. 

I started shedding almost right away (3 or 4 weeks in) in the crown, it seems to have gotten wider and deeper. I think it's mostly stable now and I'm hoping those fallen soldiers grow back. Did you have a similar experience? 

Thanks

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Team said:

Hi @Melvin- Admin

Excuse me if you answered this already. Did you experience shedding? I am at the start of month 5 into using Topical Dut by Xyon. 

I started shedding almost right away (3 or 4 weeks in) in the crown, it seems to have gotten wider and deeper. I think it's mostly stable now and I'm hoping those fallen soldiers grow back. Did you have a similar experience? 

Thanks

I didn’t notice shedding. But that’s actually a good sign

View my thread

16 hours ago, Mauricio said:

I've been considering switching to oral Dutasteride 3 or 4 times a week, but because I had side effects with oral finasteride, I'm hesitating. Dr Hasson said in the interview with Melvin that they have seen better results with their Topical Finasteride than with Oral Finasteride, especially in the front. I believe him, so a better alternative for me might be to switch to their Finasteride/Minox combo, if I don't see regrowth in the next few months with their Top Dutasteride. Topical Finasteride has lots of studies proving its effectiveness, whereas Topical Dutasteride has none, at least that I'm aware of. The only person that I know that has seen regrowth with Top Dutasteride is Melvin, but he's also on oral Minoxidil. For me, I guess it's keeping my existing hair, but haven't been impressed so far. 

I would give the topical dutasteride more time, Dr. Hasson personally recommended the topical Dut to me after the transplant.
He believes it is superior to the finasteride topical, I trust him so I’m going to keep using it and see where things go.

6 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

I would give the topical dutasteride more time, Dr. Hasson personally recommended the topical Dut to me after the transplant.
He believes it is superior to the finasteride topical, I trust him so I’m going to keep using it and see where things go.

Thanks for sharing that. I trust him too and it's good to know he personally thinks Top Dutasteride is superior. Btw, I also use their shampoo and conditioner. Eventhough I don't think it'll help much with regrowth it does make my hair look better and thicker than other shampoos. 

I found a pic of my right temple (my most affected area) that I sent Dr Hasson's office back in July 2023. There has definitely been significant regrowth. I have a bunch of new hairs like half an inch long that were not there in the pic from July. My hair is like 3 to 4 inches long on the top and still have a lot of hair, so the regrowth still not making a cosmetically significant difference, but I hope that in 4+ months those hairs will be the same length as rest. 

After 8 months (started in May 2023) of using Xyon Dutasteride daily, I'm finally starting to see progress! 

I rather not post my pics because prefer to stay private. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, Mauricio said:

I found a pic of my right temple (my most affected area) that I sent Dr Hasson's office back in July 2023. There has definitely been significant regrowth. I have a bunch of new hairs like half an inch long that were not there in the pic from July. My hair is like 3 to 4 inches long on the top and still have a lot of hair, so the regrowth still not making a cosmetically significant difference, but I hope that in 4+ months those hairs will be the same length as rest. 

After 8 months (started in May 2023) of using Xyon Dutasteride daily, I'm finally starting to see progress! 

That’s a shame. I think more people need to see results. Im approaching a year. Things are looking really good.

View my thread

16 hours ago, Mauricio said:

That’s good to hear, the topical definitely works it just takes time and patience. 

Have you been using it everyday?

Hello everybody,

It's been a while since I've been here but I would like to ask you some advice.

To make it quick, I used topical finasteride 0.025% 3x/week last year but I had significant side effects after about 4 months and I had to stop. I then switched to other less powerful ARs (Fluridil + CosmeRNA) and I started recently exosomes to consolidate all of this.

But the cost is far from negligible and so now that I'm better I would like to try the 1% xyon dutasteride gel to ultimately save a little money (and use it instead of my fluridil or use less fluridil I dont know yet...). Price of fluridil for 1 month is equivalent to the one for topical duta from parati when taking into account shipping cost. But I think I dont need to use duta everyday ... So it could be cheaper.... and I think topical duta is far better than fluridil...

But before that, I need to know if I can support it ... ! 😅

Taking into account my past experience and that I will use 1%, how often do you recommend I use it at first? And once established, how often do you apply it ?

To begin with it, I am planing to apply it 1x day/Week instead of fluriril for a month and increase it one day each month if all is OK to the point where I will take say 3x/week duta and 4x/week fluridil. Does it seems ok for you ?

Thank you so much !

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

7 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

That’s good to hear, the topical definitely works it just takes time and patience. 

Have you been using it everyday?

Agreed. I think Xyon shouldn't say you can start seeing regrowth at 3 months. It gives people false hopes. Based on my experience and what I read online, it takes at least 8 months but most likely a year to start seeing regrowth from Topical Dutasteride. The first few months were a roller coaster for me, bad days then it gets a bit better, then not so good again. 

I've using it daily since I started in May 2023 and have had no side effects. Even before Xyon, I've been doing blood work for overall health. It seems that people that get sides have low Free Testosterone or too much estradiol. There are lifestyle changes and some (very few actually) supplements that can help raise Free T and keep estradiol balanced. I eat very healthy, exercise 6 times a week, very little alcohol, try to sleep well and take supplements like Magnesium from Bioptimizers (great for sleep), Mike Mahler's Test Booster, MultiVitamin from Legion Athletics and Boron. My Free T is in the high end of the range and estradiol in the low end. Cialis at 5mg daily or the peptide PT 141 (this stuff is powerful for erections) when starting any 5 ar inhibitors might help with anxiety related ED too. Talk to a good Dr about all this. 

Edited by Mauricio
  • Like 1