Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

13 months on topical dutasteride. Thought id share a different angle. The lower portion looks WAY thicker. No grafts were placed there, its all meds.
2B61910C-AC93-422C-AC38-B6329228C917.jpeg

Do you place fibers over the crown area after applying the topical Dut? Topical makes hair look like crap and exposed weak areas, is there any way to style the hair back to a desirable look after applying topical 

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

13 months on topical dutasteride. Thought id share a different angle. The lower portion looks WAY thicker. No grafts were placed there, its all meds.
2B61910C-AC93-422C-AC38-B6329228C917.jpeg

That's a massive difference. It's as though you've had another procedure in the crown. 👌

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

@Melvin- Admin Do you know of anyone that has try this? Oral 0.5mg Dutasteride twice a week instead of Oral 1mg Finasteride daily

I don’t know anyone personally. But Dr. Vaño published his results. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting my Xyon Dutasteride in the mail next week sometime. I had side effects on topical minoxidil and .01% finasteride that I applied only once every 3 days. I'm wondering if this means I have a porous scalp or just unlucky with being sensitive to both min and fin. Hoping that dutasteride with its higher molecular weight (and the xyon siloxysystem) prevents side effects.

I plan on going slow, but I also use 2% ketoconazole a couple times a week and saw palmetto supplements twice daily. If I am potentially one of those that reacts to changes in my DHT levels, should I cut the supplements and shampoo? 

Also, I don't like to wash my hair often, it turns into a big poofball when I do. As such, I only wash once every 3/4 days. How should I apply the Xyon? Right after a wash in the morning when my hair is clean and then wash it out at night? Is it safe to leave in for 3-4 days in between my washes? Can I apply it to a scalp that hasn't been washed in 3 days in the morning with the intention of washing it out at night?

I have pre-treatment blood done, I am going to test again after using the Xyon. I also plan on doing once a week for the first month to see how I feel, then increasing to twice per week and so on while monitoring my DHT levels and my side effects.

If it matters, I just started noticing my thinning on the crown last August. Still not noticeable when my hair is dry. I was on some long term antibiotics about two years ago that gave me serious stomach and digestive issues. I just started to correct that with pro-biotics and eating super healthy, but I wonder how much of this sudden thinning (my hair has always been super super thick - especially in the crown) is related to my gut issues and not scalp DHT.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, reading this thread from start to finish was very enlightening and bought me hope I've come to the right place!

Edited by lookimrory

• Administrators
16 hours ago, lookimrory said:

Also, I don't like to wash my hair often, it turns into a big poofball when I do. As such, I only wash once every 3/4 days. How should I apply the Xyon? Right after a wash in the morning when my hair is clean and then wash it out at night? Is it safe to leave in for 3-4 days in between my washes? Can I apply it to a scalp that hasn't been washed in 3 days in the morning with the intention of washing it out at night?

I have pre-treatment blood done, I am going to test again after using the Xyon. I also plan on doing once a week for the first month to see how I feel, then increasing to twice per week and so on while monitoring my DHT levels and my side effects.

If it matters, I just started noticing my thinning on the crown last August. Still not noticeable when my hair is dry. I was on some long term antibiotics about two years ago that gave me serious stomach and digestive issues. I just started to correct that with pro-biotics and eating super healthy, but I wonder how much of this sudden thinning (my hair has always been super super thick - especially in the crown) is related to my gut issues and not scalp DHT.

If you don't wash often, use xyon 1x per week. It is safe to leave in your hair, but it might get greasy. You can use volumizing powders to counter the greasiness. 

I hope you document your journey here. It's always interesting to follow. I think using it 1x per week is essential in the beginning and then slowly building up. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

If you don't wash often, use xyon 1x per week. It is safe to leave in your hair, but it might get greasy. You can use volumizing powders to counter the greasiness. 

I hope you document your journey here. It's always interesting to follow. I think using it 1x per week is essential in the beginning and then slowly building up. 

Wouldn’t you not be getting enough of a dosage that way? Considering leaving it in for 8 hours on a single day is enough for that days dose to get in there. It would start decreasing at the regular half life after that and ready for another dose the next or second next day

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Wouldn’t you not be getting enough of a dosage that way? Considering leaving it in for 8 hours on a single day is enough for that days dose to get in there. It would start decreasing at the regular half life after that and ready for another dose the next or second next day

He’s saying that he doesn’t wash his hair daily. I think 1x per week should be good enough if he washes his hair let’s say 2x a week. 

View my thread

I emailed Xyon asking them about their Dutasteride clinical study in which they found an ".....appreciable permeation of dutasteride into the epidermis and a target tissue concentration well exceeding the potency benchmark (IC50) for dutasteride"

I wanted to know if Dutasteride was able to reach the dermal papilla, because that's where most androgen receptors are. This is what they responded:

"The reported experimental results show that a proportion of the dutasteride is retained in the epidermis (the top layer of skin), which is considered the target tissue for this experiment. Because the epidermis is homogenized for this analysis, this result does not give information about the specific localization of the drug inside the tissue (e.g., to the dermal papillae). However it does demonstrate that the dutasteride gets into the skin layer (as opposed to remaining on top)"

So basically they don't know if it reaches the dermal papillae. @Sunset Dune @Melvin- Admin @Der3k7 Have any of you guys discussed these with Dr Wong or Hasson? It's a critical issue  and I'm surprised the staff at Xyon doesn't know. 

15 hours ago, Mauricio said:

I emailed Xyon asking them about their Dutasteride clinical study in which they found an ".....appreciable permeation of dutasteride into the epidermis and a target tissue concentration well exceeding the potency benchmark (IC50) for dutasteride"

I wanted to know if Dutasteride was able to reach the dermal papilla, because that's where most androgen receptors are. This is what they responded:

"The reported experimental results show that a proportion of the dutasteride is retained in the epidermis (the top layer of skin), which is considered the target tissue for this experiment. Because the epidermis is homogenized for this analysis, this result does not give information about the specific localization of the drug inside the tissue (e.g., to the dermal papillae). However it does demonstrate that the dutasteride gets into the skin layer (as opposed to remaining on top)"

So basically they don't know if it reaches the dermal papillae. @Sunset Dune @Melvin- Admin @Der3k7 Have any of you guys discussed these with Dr Wong or Hasson? It's a critical issue  and I'm surprised the staff at Xyon doesn't know. 

My prescribing Dr from Xyon got back to me and said  "Yes, it does reach the derma papilla". Not sure how he reached that conclusion, but I guess I'll trust him. I wanted to know because was considering a couple of oral doses of 0.5mg Dutasteride along the Xyon Dut, to make sure to avoid DHT conversion deep inside the dermis. But I'll just stick to Xyon daily. Right temple is filing up nicely after 10 months and zero side effects. Hair on top of scalp is looking thicker too. 

For those just starting using Xyon Dut, give it at least 10 months. I've read some people quitting it because they don't see results at 3 months. Be patient, it'll work if you apply it daily. 

Googling said the dermal papilla is in the uppermost layer of skin and if xyon gets into the skin it’s probably a safe bet it gets around the dermal papilla

• Administrators

It does penetrate the skin. This isn’t even debatable. It does reduce some systemic DHT. But, for me, and others. The DHT reduction isn’t enough to cause side effects. For me, the dutasteride is strong enough to stop my hair loss and even reverse it a little, but it trickles so slowly into my system I don’t get the dump in my DHT. I believe that’s the culprit for most side effects. That’s my theory. 

View my thread

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 9:02 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

It does penetrate the skin. This isn’t even debatable. It does reduce some systemic DHT. But, for me, and others. The DHT reduction isn’t enough to cause side effects. For me, the dutasteride is strong enough to stop my hair loss and even reverse it a little, but it trickles so slowly into my system I don’t get the dump in my DHT. I believe that’s the culprit for most side effects. That’s my theory. 

Correct, but the dermal papilla is deep inside the dermis, so I wasn't sure if the Xyon's Dut could go that deep. Anyways, I'm getting results and that's what matters.

Edited by Mauricio

• 2 weeks later...

After 10+ months on Xyon Dut, my right temple seems to be filling up nicely. Also my hair on top seems fuller and thicker. But for the last 6+ months, I have been noticing small pieces (a couple of mm from the tip) of hair in my sync due to breakage. So eventhough it's getting fuller, it doesn't seem to grow past 4/5 inches because of this breakage issue. I haven't changed my hair styling products or routine that I've been doing for the last 5+ years, the only thing that I added was the Xyon Dut 10 months ago. 

Have you guys noticed hair breakage when using Xyon's Dut? Any recommendations on how to treat breakage? @Melvin- Admin @Der3k7

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

I haven’t particularly noticed small breakage but I do get shedding sometimes 

Have you noticed regrowth or at least stabilization?

Posted (edited)

I would say so this is after dutasteride 50-65% of days along with hair transplant in hairline and a 300 grafts in the crown so the most noticeable affect of dutasteride regrowth has been in the outer borders of mid scalp. For my next surgery I plan to focus on grafts inside the red section

IMG_8292.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7

Is it better to wash your hair before applying Xyon dut or can you keep applying it on the scalp with the same topical in from the previous day? Does washing hair before application make a difference?

• Administrators
On 3/28/2024 at 10:46 AM, Der3k7 said:

I would say so this is after dutasteride 50-65% of days along with hair transplant in hairline and a 300 grafts in the crown so the most noticeable affect of dutasteride regrowth has been in the outer borders of mid scalp. For my next surgery I plan to focus on grafts inside the red section

IMG_8292.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

It's a nice improvement. I found that the lower border of my crown improved the most. I think it's because that hair was the most salvageable. 

View my thread