Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I used to think about just chasing a continuously receding hairline and diffuse thinning by just doing hair transplants but you only have finite donor supply and at some point it’s not enough and prevention is necessary to prevent ever having the look of “going bald”.Plus, every hair transplant you gotta look kinda crappy for another 6 months again. And if not preventing, you get to enjoy it for about a year before you start looking thinner again because of hair loss progression. So im all about prevention now too 

Prevention is key. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on HTs, I could have prevented it with medication, but this wasn’t available at the time. Now I’m all in on prevention. This treatment is expensive, but not nearly as expensive as an HT

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin- Admin said:

Prevention is key. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on HTs, I could have prevented it with medication, but this wasn’t available at the time. Now I’m all in on prevention. This treatment is expensive, but not nearly as expensive as an HT

And combining both prevention/regrowth with hair transplants can improve the hair situation even more substantially than the alternative 

@Melvin- Admin Hey Melvin, have you gotten any feedback from Dr Hasson or Xyon's staff regarding the effectiveness of their Topical Finasteride vrs Top Dutasteride? Someone at Dr Hasson's office told me that they have seen better results with the Top Dutasteride, but I want to double check.

It'd be great if you could do a follow up interview with Dr Hasson or Xyon focusing more on Top Dutasteride

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Did you do a testosterone test prior as well?

I just started with my first application on Monday. I'm gonna apply every Monday and Friday in the am and then I will shower in the afternoon before my kid comes back from school. I'm pretty paranoid about the cross contamination. 

I put a full pump in a small container and tbh it's more than enough for an entire scalp. A small dab covers a good amount of surface area due to the gel like solution. I literally used 1/10 of a pump on the areas that are thinning so the bottle will last me a LONG time.  I also don't get it on my hair as I part the area I want to apply and rub it directly on the affected scalp areas. None is wasted getting on my hair except the roots. 

Yes, Got T-Level and a bunch of other tests done before first application. Will post those soon. Even before applying my T-Levels seem low (I'm 44 and NW7).

I use one pump on my top NW7 scalp and just leave the sides. Let's see how this goes. If it helps gets me even 5-10% regrowth or no further donor loss, I'd be happy. Need to setup a appt with Eugenix.

3 hours ago, Mauricio said:

@Melvin- Admin Hey Melvin, have you gotten any feedback from Dr Hasson or Xyon's staff regarding the effectiveness of their Topical Finasteride vrs Top Dutasteride? Someone at Dr Hasson's office told me that they have seen better results with the Top Dutasteride, but I want to double check.

It'd be great if you could do a follow up interview with Dr Hasson or Xyon focusing more on Top Dutasteride

Dutasteride is more effective than fin so im sure their top Dut is better than the top fin, it’s also more expensive. 

2 hours ago, Panamera13 said:

Yes, Got T-Level and a bunch of other tests done before first application. Will post those soon. Even before applying my T-Levels seem low (I'm 44 and NW7).

I use one pump on my top NW7 scalp and just leave the sides. Let's see how this goes. If it helps gets me even 5-10% regrowth or no further donor loss, I'd be happy. Need to setup a appt with Eugenix.

If you're a nw 7, do you think 5-10% would make a substantial difference, especially with the risk of sides?  

Also are you applying it in the morning or night?  I ask because I wonder how much of the drug getting systemic is due to actually absorption or via cross contamination and getting into your mouth, eyes, etc. 

1 hour ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

Just ordered my topical duta! I’m excited but I’m also scared for side effects as I got sides from microdosing topical fin (though I was also microneedling to the point of drawing blood). Why is it dosed so high? 20mg/ml is a lot!

How long were you microneedljng plus putting xyon on and how frequently? What were the sides and how bad? 

3 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

How long were you microneedljng plus putting xyon on and how frequently? What were the sides and how bad? 

I didn’t get sides from Xyon (at least not get) I got it from my own homemade topical. But I had used it for around 6 months but got sides around the 3rd. Thought I’d get used to them but I didn’t. 

Edited by GhostCryptid13

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

He was micro dosing not needling. 

He said he was microdosing topical and microneedling together. And the microneedling would make it easier for the topical solution to get inside the blood stream 

18 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

He said he was microdosing topical and microneedling together. And the microneedling would make it easier for the topical solution to get inside the blood stream 

You're right. I read it wrong. 100% micro needling and topical after will go systemic. Gotta wait at least a day or two. And even depending on needle length, I'd wait longer. 

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You're right. I read it wrong. 100% micro needling and topical after will go systemic. Gotta wait at least a day or two. And even depending on needle length, I'd wait longer. 

The weird thing is that I did wait (a day). Obviously not enough though lol! I’m hoping that duta won’t have the same effect, but the large dose terrifies me. 

at the moment I have a 0.25 mg/ml topical that I’ve used since August but idk if it’s maintaining or not. I want something that’ll work, but with no sides. Dr. Cooley recommended I switch to Xyon after consulting him for a transplant (mines April 29th and I’m so excited). I’ve heard he uses it as well. Idk. I’m just a little scared or nervous I guess. 

1 minute ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

The weird thing is that I did wait (a day). Obviously not enough though lol! I’m hoping that duta won’t have the same effect, but the large dose terrifies me. 

at the moment I have a 0.25 mg/ml topical that I’ve used since August but idk if it’s maintaining or not. I want something that’ll work, but with no sides. Dr. Cooley recommended I switch to Xyon after consulting him for a transplant (mines April 29th and I’m so excited). I’ve heard he uses it as well. Idk. I’m just a little scared or nervous I guess. 

Well worst case you get sides and have to stop but you need to do everything in your power to have it not go systemic like:

- putting it on in the am and washing your hands very well after 

- trying the best you can to get the solution on your scalp when not all over your hair

- taking a shower and washing your hair really well at the end of the day 

- not touching your hair throughout the day as it'll end up on your hands and your hands end up touching you eyes nose and most importantly, mouth

- making sure your scalp is healed after micro needling. Personally id wait at least three days if you're doing anything more than 1mm 

The higher drug % is likely due to the carrier releasing the drug slower throughout the day and doesn't get absorbed all at once. But honestly that's just speculation. 

I get your apprehensiveness. I was afraid to start it when I read the leaflet. But I'm only planning to use it twice a week. If any sides develop, I'm stopping asap. 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Well worst case you get sides and have to stop but you need to do everything in your power to have it not go systemic like:

- putting it on in the am and washing your hands very well after 

- trying the best you can to get the solution on your scalp when not all over your hair

- taking a shower and washing your hair really well at the end of the day 

- not touching your hair throughout the day as it'll end up on your hands and your hands end up touching you eyes nose and most importantly, mouth

- making sure your scalp is healed after micro needling. Personally id wait at least three days if you're doing anything more than 1mm 

The higher drug % is likely due to the carrier releasing the drug slower throughout the day and doesn't get absorbed all at once. But honestly that's just speculation. 

I get your apprehensiveness. I was afraid to start it when I read the leaflet. But I'm only planning to use it twice a week. If any sides develop, I'm stopping asap. 

Why am and not pm? I would think that leaving on for 8 hours would lead to less absorption? I already use gloves when applying (I then wash my hands after regardless). Im also not planning on microneedling when using this it’s way too high of a dose to mess with that imo. If I end up with sides then I guess it’d be back to my 0.25 mg per dose topical lol

12 minutes ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

Why am and not pm? I would think that leaving on for 8 hours would lead to less absorption? I already use gloves when applying (I then wash my hands after regardless). Im also not planning on microneedling when using this it’s way too high of a dose to mess with that imo. If I end up with sides then I guess it’d be back to my 0.25 mg per dose topical lol

Did you read the leaflet? It says to use it in the am as sleeping with it will get on your pillow etc. If it gets on your pillow it'll get on your partner as well. Even if you sleep alone, it'll transfer from your head to pillow then on your face, mouth eyes etc. If you did this with your home made fin that's probably a contributing factor that it went systemic along with other factors. Imo why not reduce all risk of ingesting the drug since the reason why you're using it topical is for the alleged reduced systemic sides effects. You're taking the precaution by using gloves but then your face is all over your contaminated pillow...

Putting it on at the beginning of the day and then showering in the evening isn't 8 hours unless your work day is only 6 hrs long. Regardless, the recommendation is to have the solution on your scalp for a minimum of I think 4-6 hours anyways. Doesn't have to be the entire day. 

Anyways, do what works for you. Some may think what I do is overkill but since you're so concerned about sides I thought I would provide some suggestions. 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Did you read the leaflet? It says to use it in the am as sleeping with it will get on your pillow etc. If it gets on your pillow it'll get on your partner as well. Even if you sleep alone, it'll transfer from your head to pillow then on your face, mouth eyes etc. If you did this with your home made fin that's probably a contributing factor that it went systemic along with other factors. Imo why not reduce all risk of ingesting the drug since the reason why you're using it topical is for the alleged reduced systemic sides effects. You're taking the precaution by using gloves but then your face is all over your contaminated pillow...

Putting it on at the beginning of the day and then showering in the evening isn't 8 hours unless your work day is only 6 hrs long. Regardless, the recommendation is to have the solution on your scalp for a minimum of I think 4-6 hours anyways. Doesn't have to be the entire day. 

Anyways, do what works for you. Some may think what I do is overkill but since you're so concerned about sides I thought I would provide some suggestions. 

I could do 4-6 hours in the afternoon on Sunday’s or mondays…I’ll probably do that then. 

i haven’t received the duta yet, it’s currently being shipped. Anyway, thank you for the suggestions I’ll definitely implement at least some of them!

I feel like since it is a viscous gel and easily sticks to the skin under the hair on top of the scalp it just sits there. The only part that touches my pillow is the back and side of the head and these parts don’t have any gel on them. It’s just on the top of the head 

Edited by Der3k7

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I feel like since it is a viscous gel and easily sticks to the skin under the hair on top of the scalp it just sits there. The only part that touches my pillow is the back and side of the head and these parts don’t have any gel on them. It’s just on the top of the head 

You do you. 

20 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Have you had any experiences with side effects? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just want to get a feel for how people respond to such a large dose. 

1 minute ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

Have you had any experiences with side effects? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just want to get a feel for how people respond to such a large dose. 

Literally just used it for the first time on Monday. 

44 minutes ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

I had side effects when I came off oral finasteride but they went away. As far as sides while taking xyon at night before bed I haven’t noticed anything 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

I had side effects when I came off oral finasteride but they went away. As far as sides while taking xyon at night before bed I haven’t noticed anything 

Even if you don't get sides I seriously hope you aren't being negligent to the person you're sharing your bed with (if you are sharing your bed). This is actually mentioned in the leaflet of xyon.