Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

3 hours ago, Mauricio said:

It stabilized my hair loss, so going to stay on it indefinitely. Someone at Hasson’s office, told me that Top Dutasteride takes a bit longer than their Top Finasteride to work. But results with Top Dutasteride have been better long term. So hopefully by 8 or 12 months I’ll see some reasonable regrowth. 

I don’t have any good alternatives since I can’t tolerate Finasteride (even topical gave me side effects). I’m considering adding one or two caps of 0.5 oral Dut per week since I tolerate it well. 

If you have sides from oral Finasteride you’ll most likely get sides from Dut 

6 hours ago, 12345 said:

its interesting how you were not able to tolerate fin, but have been doing well in terms of being side effect free on topical dut. i tried topical dut once from anagenica and it shut me off  sexually for 6 weeks. 

Maybe it’s because xyon gel that dampens systemic absorption

18 hours ago, 12345 said:

its interesting how you were not able to tolerate fin, but have been doing well in terms of being side effect free on topical dut. i tried topical dut once from anagenica and it shut me off  sexually for 6 weeks. 

Dr Gillet explains why he thinks oral Dutasteride causes less side effects for some patients than oral Finasteride. Minute 23 on this podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/all-things-hair-loss-pt-2-the-gillett-health-podcast-23/id1631735999?i=1000598284449

In my case, it could also be that Xyon's vehicle causes a timed release of Dut, letting the body adjust without spikes of Dut in the serum. 

On 11/25/2023 at 9:15 PM, Sunset Dune said:

If you have sides from oral Finasteride you’ll most likely get sides from Dut 

I generally the general rule is that if you are sensitive to one form of anti androgens you likely will have sensitivity to other forms, be it different agent or vehicle, but i think ultimately its all individual basis due to our diff genetic make up

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 1:03 AM, Der3k7 said:

Maybe it’s because xyon gel that dampens systemic absorption

until there are non-biased studies, meaning studies not published by the manufacturer, in this case xyon, I honestly cant believe this to be true. its xyons selling point. i think sensitivities to meds is ultimately on an individual basis.

21 hours ago, Mauricio said:

Dr Gillet explains why he thinks oral Dutasteride causes less side effects for some patients than oral Finasteride. Minute 23 on this podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/all-things-hair-loss-pt-2-the-gillett-health-podcast-23/id1631735999?i=1000598284449

In my case, it could also be that Xyon's vehicle causes a timed release of Dut, letting the body adjust without spikes of Dut in the serum. 

i think all possible, will need more  studies to prove that claim though. 

16 minutes ago, 12345 said:

until there are non-biased studies, meaning studies not published by the manufacturer, in this case xyon, I honestly cant believe this to be true. its xyons selling point. i think sensitivities to meds is ultimately on an individual basis.

Do you think it is more likely that they are lying that their gel was specifically designed chemically to help prevent systemic absorption? And that other topical solutions have comparable amounts of systemic absorption rather than much more and it is just a marketing ploy?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, 12345 said:

That’s not true, all you need is enough anecdotal evidence posted in the form of genuine reviews. There’s never been studies on hair transplants and yet we know they work because of genuine reviews.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

That’s not true, all you need is enough anecdotal evidence posted in the form of genuine reviews. There’s never been studies on hair transplants and yet we know they work because of genuine reviews.

I agree 100%. If we keep waiting for studies, we'll be bald by then. I'm glad I tried Xyon's Dutasteride and have been side effect free. Most importantly, I'm keeping my hair. 

I think checking your hormones before starting any treatment is very important. You can then monitor any imbalances and maybe fix them with a good Dr's advice, by supplementing or adjusting your lifestyle. 

33 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

i hear you. from the anecdotal reviews on this forum from xyon its all a mix bag, people who have having zero sides from xyon depsite having sides from topical or oral fin, people having sides with both xyon and with fin, and people who have no sides from xyon or dut. 

49 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you think it is more likely that they are lying that their gel was specifically designed chemically to help prevent systemic absorption? And that other topical solutions have comparable amounts of systemic absorption rather than much more and it is just a marketing ploy?

i think xyons claim is that it decrease systemic absorption. i dont think it can prevent 100% absorption into the blood stream.

whether is actually decreases absorption and the average percentage  is up to debate until theres an actual study non biased study.

I think forum remember Mauricio recently posted that his serum DHT dropped 40%( i believe )while on xyon dut, so clearly there is some absorption, and that a almost a 50% reduction in DHT.

i think its out individual sensitivity to decreases in DHT that determine our sensitivity to these drugs.

And if we have to go my anecdotal evidence, the only two forum users being side effect free and having success with xyon who come to my mind at this moment,  is  Melvin  who is having success in terms of regrowth on xyon, and Mauricio who says he is having stabilization.

1 minute ago, 12345 said:

i think xyons claim is that it decrease systemic absorption. i dont think it can prevent 100% absorption into the blood stream.

whether is actually decreases absorption and the average percentage  is up to debate until theres an actual study non biased study.

I think forum remember Mauricio recently posted that his serum DHT dropped 40%( i believe )while on xyon dut, so clearly there is some absorption, and that a almost a 50% reduction in DHT.

i think its out individual sensitivity to decreases in DHT that determine our sensitivity to these drugs.

And if we have to go my anecdotal evidence, the only two forum users being side effect free and having success with xyon who come to my mind at this moment,  is  Melvin  who is having success in terms of regrowth on xyon, and Mauricio who says he is having stabilization.

Well I haven’t had any issues with side effects that I am aware of. My compliance is probably like 50% though

7 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Well I haven’t had any issues with side effects that I am aware of. My compliance is probably like 50% though

I think its great you have been side effect free. keep us posted on your results.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Mauricio said:

I agree 100%. If we keep waiting for studies, we'll be bald by then. I'm glad I tried Xyon's Dutasteride and have been side effect free. Most importantly, I'm keeping my hair. 

I think checking your hormones before starting any treatment is very important. You can then monitor any imbalances and maybe fix them with a good Dr's advice, by supplementing or adjusting your lifestyle. 

Exactly, there’s a threshold and spectrum of how much individuals can reduce systemic DHT without side effects. You can check your DHT and adjust the dosage accordingly. It’s either that or accept going bald.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I have been on the xyon topical finasteride for almost 15 months. I have experienced no side effects to this point. My hairloss seems to have stabilized and I have experienced some regrowth. I'm knocking on wood as I type this because I really hope the medication continues to be effective. 

• Like 1
  • Well Done 2

• Administrators

Been going really strong lately 💪IMG_1039.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

Has anyone done any research on topical dut's effect on male infants or toddlers?  Xyon's website states that pregnant women should avoid coming into contact with it as it can cause serious developmental abnormality in male fetuses.  I'm considering starting the topical dut but have 2 young sons.

12 hours ago, tlbkcal said:

Has anyone done any research on topical dut's effect on male infants or toddlers?  Xyon's website states that pregnant women should avoid coming into contact with it as it can cause serious developmental abnormality in male fetuses.  I'm considering starting the topical dut but have 2 young sons.

Simple, keep the medicine away from kids and wash your hands after use.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, tlbkcal said:

I have a 1 year old son. I don’t let my son touch my hair. If he does I wash out his hands. I don’t think its a big deal. Dutasteride has a hard time penetrating through the skin. So it’s probably not going to absorb anyway because the actual gel isn’t making direct contact. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I started Xyon's Dutasteride mid May 2023. Got blood work in July, Sep and November. In July DHT went down 30%, then in Sep and Nov went down 40% both times. This means that somewhere between August and Sept it reached steady state. So, it seems it takes between 3 and 4 months to reach steady state. In Xyon's clinical trails they say it reaches steady state at 30 days and that's when they did the serum DHT testing for the 10 subjects. My point is that when they found that 10% average drop in DHT for those 10 subjects, the medication probably hadn't reached steady state. 

That could explain why it takes longer for Top Dutasteride than Top Finasteride (which reaches steady state way sooner) to start working. Also, why they found a low drop of only 10% in their patients. If they would have tested their blood DHT at months 3 and 4, the dropped in serum DHT would probably had been higher than 10%

Just wanted to share that with you guys. The good thing is that I already reached steady state and haven't had any side effects. 

It'd be interesting, for those of you that are using Xyon's Dut, to test your serum DHT levels. 

45 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

I started Xyon's Dutasteride mid May 2023. Got blood work in July, Sep and November. In July DHT went down 30%, then in Sep and Nov went down 40% both times. This means that somewhere between August and Sept it reached steady state. So, it seems it takes between 3 and 4 months to reach steady state. In Xyon's clinical trails they say it reaches steady state at 30 days and that's when they did the serum DHT testing for the 10 subjects. My point is that when they found that 10% average drop in DHT for those 10 subjects, the medication probably hadn't reached steady state. 

That could explain why it takes longer for Top Dutasteride than Top Finasteride (which reaches steady state way sooner) to start working. Also, why they found a low drop of only 10% in their patients. If they would have tested their blood DHT at months 3 and 4, the dropped in serum DHT would probably had been higher than 10%

Just wanted to share that with you guys. The good thing is that I already reached steady state and haven't had any side effects. 

It'd be interesting, for those of you that are using Xyon's Dut, to test your serum DHT levels. 

That’s interesting too late for me now I’ve  been talking xyon 50% of days since February

1 minute ago, Mauricio said:

Why do you apply less than daily?

Have you gotten any results?

I want to apply daily but I usually put it on at night time before bed and it takes me like 10 minutes and it also messes my hair up when I rub it on my scalp cuz I have to pull my hair apart and it just looks kinda silly or less than ideal when I put it on and a lot of times I end up being too tired to put it on or I am going out somewhere and don’t want my hair to look kinda stupid. But yeah I need to fix this habit so I can get the compliance higher. I think it has been helping though but hard to really tell 

2 hours ago, Mauricio said:

So what does this mean, the Xyon topical Finasteride is more effective than dut?

1 minute ago, Sunset Dune said:

So what does this mean, the Xyon topical Finasteride is more effective than dut?

No what he is saying is it would imply the systemic decrease in dht is actually larger than what they claim because they measured it too early and didn’t give it enough time to stabilize at its lower level before measuring the ending decrease in systemic dht and that it actually takes longer than 1 month but more like 3-4 months to reach its lowest systemic level that it stabilizes at