Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

I can say after several months of using Xyon dutasteride 2-3x a week that I have gone through a terrible shed and my hair has not recovered. There may be some hope for the crown as I think I can feel some vellus hairs, but tbh that has thinned too and remains to be seen. I will power through for another few months, but it's been very difficult mentally. No sides from me. 

• Administrators

I stopped using topical dut most of last werk because I was traveling in an RV. Didn’t get a chance to bring it with me. I noticed shedding. I started up again this week. Its gotten better. Will be posting my latest update soon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

First picture from end of January, second picture taken today.

IMG_7692.jpeg
IMG_8242.jpeg

Hair spread 

IMG_8277.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

16 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

First picture from end of January, second picture taken today.

IMG_7692.jpeg
IMG_8242.jpeg

Hair spread 

IMG_8277.jpeg

do u have a photo from January of the hair spread for comparison?

Edited by 12345

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, 12345 said:

do u have a photo from January of the hair spread for comparison?

I'm currently editing my 6-month results video. I did a video comparison with wet hair of how I looked in my final hair transplant update before getting on topical dutasteride. It should be released tomorrow. Hopefully, the video will be as transparent as possible. Wet hair comparisons should paint the picture. In my opinion, the results are pretty good, very satisfied thus far.

View my thread

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I'm currently editing my 6-month results video. I did a video comparison with wet hair of how I looked in my final hair transplant update before getting on topical dutasteride. It should be released tomorrow. Hopefully, the video will be as transparent as possible. Wet hair comparisons should paint the picture. In my opinion, the results are pretty good, very satisfied thus far.

great. looking forward to it.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I thought medical therapy like minoxidil and finasteride/dustasteride have no impact on transplant hair? So how is possible this Xyon treatment is making your transplant hair thicker ?

Edited by Smacias15

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

I thought medical therapy like minoxidil and finasteride/dustasteride have no impact on transplant hair? So how is possible this Xyon treatment is making your transplant hair thicker ?

Its not, it’s thickening my existing native hair. 

View my thread

Melvin what are your thought on this. I tried the topical dutasteride from anagenica and it have me sides after only one application. Should I give xyon a try, or just stay away from all topical dut products.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, 12345 said:

Melvin what are your thought on this. I tried the topical dutasteride from anagenica and it have me sides after only one application. Should I give xyon a try, or just stay away from all topical dut products.

Probably best to stay away IMO

View my thread

I honestly wouldn’t mess with any other topical dut other than XYON they seem to be the most reliable/safe product out there. 
Also this topical dut promotes hair growth so it’s kinda like minoxidil I’ve also noticed my hair has gotten thicker and longer in a short amount of time the stuff definitely works I’m using it everyday without any sides 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

I honestly wouldn’t mess with any other topical dut other than XYON they seem to be the most reliable/safe product out there. 
Also this topical dut promotes hair growth so it’s kinda like minoxidil I’ve also noticed my hair has gotten thicker and longer in a short amount of time the stuff definitely works I’m using it everyday without any sides 

hi sunset dune, how long have you been on xyon? when did you start using it after your HT?

• Administrators

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the topical dutasteride from minoxidilmax - it seems to work quite well for my hair, noticing slight regrowth even.

i have had some minor sides, increase breast sensitivity initially and i feel like i hold more fat there now. not gyno in the sense that there's no hardening behind the nipple or anything like a "boob" look, just more fat being stored on my pecs. it is a minor side effect that i'm OK with, but it means it must be going systemic somewhat.
for comparison, i had a lowered libido on oral finasteride (1mg 3x a week), so i am getting less side effects using topical dutasteride than when i was on oral finasteride.

i've decreased my dose to just 0.25ml of the liquid dropper twice a week.

Edited by mark91

• Administrators

What vehicle does minoxidil max use? The vehicle is everything with a topical. 

View my thread

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What vehicle does minoxidil max use? The vehicle is everything with a topical. 

they have two options:

Ethanol, Propylene Glycol, Emulsifiers
OR
Ethanol, Glycerin, Emulsifiers

the one i'm using is the propylene glycol one

On 8/10/2023 at 2:01 AM, Sunset Dune said:

Since Xyon works like minoxidil  by thickening the hair, would it be ok just to use Xyon by itself with no minoxidil? Because I’ve been in oral minoxidil for 8months with no change to my hair thickness and topical minoxidil was no better 

Edited by Smacias15

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, OBX said:

Great thread.  Just started Xyon.  Does it actually make dormant hair follicles regrow hair or are those dead?

It will thicken up thinning hairs. At least, that's what happened in my experience. Hairs that are already dead, I'm not sure if they will grow back.

View my thread

I’ve been in oral minoxidil for 8 months and my hair hasn’t thickened up nor has shedding changed. I also was on topical minoxidil for a year and same issue. So my question is using Xyon alone be sufficient or is it worthless without combining using minoxidil?

• Administrators
On 8/30/2023 at 2:12 PM, Smacias15 said:

I’ve been in oral minoxidil for 8 months and my hair hasn’t thickened up nor has shedding changed. I also was on topical minoxidil for a year and same issue. So my question is using Xyon alone be sufficient or is it worthless without combining using minoxidil?

It’s not worthless, but you get more synergistic effects using both.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hey Melvin! Thanks for sharing your Xyon Dut journey. It has been very helpful and I started using it daily 3.5 months ago and so far no side effects. I'm starting to see some regrowth in the front. Do you still apply it 5 times a week or daily?

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

So in your opinion, if I go on Xyon treatment route, should I combine it with minoxidil even tho minoxidil failed with me? Since it does make Xyon stronger as you mentioned.

thanks

I think what I am looking forward to is your bloodwork. As you say you don't have any side effects which is good, but you could be less sensitive to DHT changes than others. So a before and after of DHT levels would be fantastic to see how much is going systemic. I know you mentioned that you would be getting one to compare earlier in these post and in one of you YT comments. it would be fascinating to see how the carrier system and drug pharmacokinetics is effectvign your systemic hormone profile.

• 2 weeks later...