Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Are you doing both that and finasteride together?

Yea, currently gonna do finasteride 2x per week and dutasteride 2x per week. But given the results of their study, I’m thinking of doing dut every day. The DHT reduction is less than finasteride. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you think results would be the same if I just did finasteride assuming I have no issues with it vs if I did both medications?

Honestly, I think dutasteride is way better in every sense. But, the finasteride is good too, if you’re doing good on that you’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Melvin- Moderator Can we create one separate thread strictly for posting result photos and updates for xyon products and restrict any other comments? It would almost be like our own case report study on the forumn. Discussion and questions can take place on a separate thread so that we don't take away from progress photos? Lmk what you think, I will be coming on the topical dut soon too

Edited by TorontoMan
  • Like 2

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

@Melvin- Moderator Can we create one separate thread strictly for posting result photos and updates for xyon products and restrict any other comments? It would almost be like our own case report study on the forumn. Discussion and questions can take place on a separate thread so that we don't take away from progress photos? Lmk what you think, I will be coming on the topical dut soon too

That's a great idea. I can even pin that topic. I'm thinking of creating a Q&A where Dr. Han from Xyon can post and respond. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

On 1/12/2023 at 11:27 AM, TorontoMan said:

Yeah I agree, I would pay this price happily if they had any proof it does what its intended to, but they hardly have anything to prove it so its very much just experimental. The customer service at least has been good with Xyon so far. 

My current regimen is 1mg fin, 5mg om, 25mg RU, and whatever percent of this xyon topical dut. I say whatever percent because 1 pump is supposed to be 2%, but to use it effectively and spread it throughout my entire scalp, I use at least 3-4 pumps of it and I don't actually know what amount I'm applying. I don't have many sides or at the very least they're tolerable. I don't get brain fog, increased heart rate, or mood fluctuations, or have physical sides.. i train bjj 4-5x a week. In terms of sexual sides, I believe my libido is slightly lower than what I had when I started on fin 3-4 years back, but I hardly ever think about it and when its time to perform everything works. 

The decision to do start topical dut was simply that I want more localized effect in my scalp, as fin will reduce dht throughout the body but not an equal amount in the scalp which is ultimately where you really want it of course. I don't foresee myself transitioning completely to a topical regimen for a few reasons; they're not nearly as proven to work, they're hard to adhere too and you cannot reasonably cover your entire head including your donor, which of course is also susceptible to loss, and if youhave had a transplant thats important as well. So fin orally takes care of that to some degree and the topical AAs are intended to localize the effect further. I think its good thought that I haven't experienced anything different from adding topical dut but I won't ever really know if its working given the other thigns I'm on, so i'm going to rely on seeing if others using xyon alone get results. For now just trialing to see if it gives me sides, which it looks like it doesnt. 

I check my hormones yearly and my doc apt is coming soon so ill put it together in my spreadsheet and share it here

My libido is lower than it was 3-4 years ago and I'm not on any drugs... Just happens with things like activity level, sleep, stress, and just getting older. I think I'm the same age as you as well. 

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey
  • 1 month later...
On 2/1/2023 at 1:10 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea, currently gonna do finasteride 2x per week and dutasteride 2x per week. But given the results of their study, I’m thinking of doing dut every day. The DHT reduction is less than finasteride. 

Is there a reason why you are doing both Xyon dustasteride and topical finasteride? How can you determine which one is working or working better ?

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Smacias15 said:

Is there a reason why you are doing both Xyon dustasteride and topical finasteride? How can you determine which one is working or working better ?

I stopped taking their finasteride. I decided to ultimately switch completely to dutasteride. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I haven’t updated this thread in a while. Mainly because I pinned a user experience thread, and I update it there. But I’ve gotten some dms on social media about this thread, so here’s my update. I have been using Xyon 5x per week for about a month. I’ve seen a visual difference in my hair. 

For reference here’s the thread where I posted the top picture.

Top picture April 2023

9282BDF6-F5B5-4A37-9892-AE812A2D97EA.jpeg

Bottom picture June 2023

I’ve decided I’m going to start posting my hair soaking wet. Dry hair pictures can be deceiving, but wet pictures are not forgiving. I want to be as transparent and honest as possible.

IMG_7385.jpeg

We’ll see if I continue seeing a difference. So far I’ve been very satisfied. I hope to keep improving, but only time will tell.

• Like 1

View my thread

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I haven’t updated this thread in a while. Mainly because I pinned a user experience thread, and I update it there. But I’ve gotten some dms on social media about this thread, so here’s my update. I have been using Xyon 5x per week for about a month. I’ve seen a visual difference in my hair. 

Top picture April 2023

Bottom picture June 2023

I see a big difference in the april and june photos. Is that all hair that got denser?

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, 12345 said:

I see a big difference in the april and june photos. Is that all hair that got denser?

I think it's mostly hair that was thin and vellus that got thicker and healthier. I'm not sure if I have had a great deal of regrowth, I've had some for sure, but it's hard to say how much. The most significant difference is that the thinning hair has gotten thicker. Increasing the frequency has made a difference as well. I'm cautious about increasing the frequency to fast. So I have increased the frequency very slowly over time. I think that is key to avoiding side effects. 

• Like 1

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think it's mostly hair that was thin and vellus that got thicker and healthier. I'm not sure if I have had a great deal of regrowth, I've had some for sure, but it's hard to say how much. The most significant difference is that the thinning hair has gotten thicker. Increasing the frequency has made a difference as well. I'm cautious about increasing the frequency to fast. So I have increased the frequency very slowly over time. I think that is key to avoiding side effects. 

can u remind me, how many months have you been on it? 4? i am seeing the biggest change in the last month

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, 12345 said:

can u remind me, how many months have you been on it? 4? i am seeing the biggest change in the last month

I've been on topical dutasteride for about 5.5 months. The first month I took it 1-2x per week, then 3x per week, then 4x per week, and now I'm at 5x per week. Each month I increased the frequency by one dose. Without a doubt, it works better the more you use it. Finding that balance between efficacy and safety is the hard part. Everyone is different. So I would suggest anyone taking topical dut start 1x per week.

• Like 1

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Top picture April 2023

Bottom picture June 2023

I’ve decided I’m going to start posting my hair soaking wet. Dry hair pictures can be deceiving, but wet pictures are not forgiving. I want to be as transparent and honest as possible.

IMG_7385.jpeg

We’ll see if I continue seeing a difference. So far I’ve been very satisfied. I hope to keep improving, but only time will tell.

Nice improvement on the crown! 

Are you also monitoring serum DHT levels? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, yesplease said:

Nice improvement on the crown! 

Are you also monitoring serum DHT levels? 

I took my DHT levels 5 months ago, I haven’t done a follow up. I think I will next month. 

View my thread

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2023 at 8:11 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I took my DHT levels 5 months ago, I haven’t done a follow up. I think I will next month. 

Curious if you got a DHT read

Edited by homebound

• Administrators

I haven’t retested my levels yet. I got an initial reading. I’ll have to get them redone soon.

View my thread

20 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

I think the Xyon topical dut works you just need to use it everyday for maximum efficacy. Visible results should be noticeable by 6 months of everyday use 

My read was that dutasteride half-life is >5x of finasteride. Hence use once a week should by sufficient. Can you share the link for daily use suggestion? Here is a link that speaks to potency of dutasteride 

22 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

I think the Xyon topical dut works you just need to use it everyday for maximum efficacy. Visible results should be noticeable by 6 months of everyday use 

Is oral finasteride still more effective than topical dustasteride since it’s more systematic ?