4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

Awesome result! I actually just met Dr. Bansal as she came to Ahead Ink for some Scalp Micropigmentation training. She also did a consult and was pleasantly surprised she felt I had 1k grafts available for some crown work. 

• Like 1

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Amazing results brother. Very happy for you. What's wild is this is beard hair. It really opens up a lot of possibilities for NW6+. The crown will continue to get better. Give it 18 months. I know, sounds crazy, but you'll see.

• Like 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators
4 hours ago, champybaby said:

Amazing results brother. Very happy for you. What's wild is this is beard hair. It really opens up a lot of possibilities for NW6+. The crown will continue to get better. Give it 18 months. I know, sounds crazy, but you'll see.

Very excited to see how it looks in another year. I’ve found that I can’t even tell where those beard grafts were placed. I get the odd coarse hair here and there but overall it’s undetectable.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Amazing result! Did all 1500-ish beard grafts went straight to your crown? Was it only beard grafts into the crown, or were some of them from the scalp donor area too? 

They said that they could take another 1500 from the beard, are you going to do it? 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Westview said:

@Melvin- ModeratorDid you take a non-stop flight to New Delhi or connecting flights??

I didn’t take a non-stop flight. But I would recommend non-stop flights. It’s worth the extra money.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, HairRun said:

Amazing result! Did all 1500-ish beard grafts went straight to your crown? Was it only beard grafts into the crown, or were some of them from the scalp donor area too? 

They said that they could take another 1500 from the beard, are you going to do it? 

They went to the crown and midscalp. Idk tbh I’m pretty happy as is, my beard looks perfect. But who’s to say if I took another 1,500 I’m sure it would look less dense. 

• Like 1

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I didn’t take a non-stop flight. But I would recommend non-stop flights. It’s worth the extra money.

Thats what I was thinking too.  If you go with connecting flights it can turn into a 24 hour trip, but non-stop cuts it down to 15 hours or so.  Still a long flight but I might hit my doctor up for some sleeping pills and sleep through most of it. 

• Administrators

Always compare apples to apples. BB73870D-CF8D-48FE-95CA-B5F60FC6D8DF.jpeg

Now, as you can see when wet and combed apart, the crown isn’t perfect.

But it’s come a hell of a way from 9 years ago 28 years old, no finasteride. My hair had literally stopped growing, that was one month worth of growth. Today, 37 years old, I could only dream of having this hair back then. 

9A12DBE8-7AB0-4DE2-A943-99348ADA6E10.jpeg

I have announcement soon about topical finasteride. The truth is without stopping DHT, my hair will probably thin considerably in another decade. I have a lot of faith in XYONHealth and the siloxysystem gel delivery system, as @Pat - Community Publisher has been using it for 6 months and has great things to say. So that’ll be another journey.

• Like 9

View my thread

54 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

But it’s come a hell of a way from 9 years ago 28 years old, no finasteride. My hair had literally stopped growing, that was one month worth of growth. Today, 37 years old, I could only dream of having this hair back then. 

I have announcement soon about topical finasteride. The truth is without stopping DHT, my hair will probably thin considerably in another decade. I have a lot of faith in @XYON Health and the siloxysystem gel delivery system, as @Pat - Community Publisher has been using it for 6 months and has great things to say. So that’ll be another journey.

Incredible result. Did you start taking oral minoxidil before the photos to the right?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Incredible result. Did you start taking oral minoxidil before the photos to the right?

Yea photos on the right were taken today. I've been on oral minoxidil for about a month. 

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have announcement soon about topical finasteride. The truth is without stopping DHT, my hair will probably thin considerably in another decade. I have a lot of faith in @XYON Health and the siloxysystem gel delivery system, as @Pat - Community Publisher has been using it for 6 months and has great things to say. So that’ll be another journey.

Big difference between completely losing everything or making the best with what youre given with.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

On 9/16/2022 at 11:07 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Very excited to see how it looks in another year. I’ve found that I can’t even tell where those beard grafts were placed. I get the odd coarse hair here and there but overall it’s undetectable.

Over time, they become less coarse and more in line with your regular hair. That's what I've recently begun to notice.

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators

Coming up on 9 months. Here’s a comparison of where I started before surgeries. 

Dry vs. wet
134BB64F-A72E-4FCE-8431-5E850C889569.jpeg

Full update in a few days. 
14D5D81D-FCC3-4482-81E7-B67943453EF0.jpeg

The temple points is a game changer.

• Like 4

View my thread

On 9/28/2022 at 3:06 AM, champybaby said:

Over time, they become less coarse and more in line with your regular hair. That's what I've recently begun to notice.

So, do you think they take on the scalp hair characteristics? I’ve been looking into using beard grafts and wonder how they will be on my scalp 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, HairTrippin said:

So, do you think they take on the scalp hair characteristics? I’ve been looking into using beard grafts and wonder how they will be on my scalp 

To be honest, I can’t tell what’s beard and scalp hair. But I have a straight beard, so it depends on your beard.

View my thread

Thanks for sharing your journey! Just went through your thread so sorry if this has been already asked and I missed it but had a few questions. 

You seem to have retrograde alopecia, which is what I have as well. I noticed that they took some hair from your nape area as well. Are you concerned that these will fall out eventually? 

My other question was, does Dr. Seti still frequently perform HT himself? On their websites, I see that their "super premium package" doesn't even include Dr. Seti. 

On 9/30/2022 at 6:52 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dry vs. wet

Agree that the temple points are the game changers. This is not even the full result either. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:52 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dry vs. wet

Temple points sometimes despite their subtlety are definitely essential imo. 

Is the Dry picture from before you had any surgeries at all Vs now? 

I'm going to hope my hair gets as dark or thick as yours looks over the next 5 months for the temple points and blends well. I do think your hair may be a little more thick than mine, but could be slightly wrong. I know my beard definitely at a certain length it becomes curly and it's why i wouldn't want to need to rely on that in the future. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, sekiro109 said:

Thanks for sharing your journey! Just went through your thread so sorry if this has been already asked and I missed it but had a few questions. 

You seem to have retrograde alopecia, which is what I have as well. I noticed that they took some hair from your nape area as well. Are you concerned that these will fall out eventually? 

My other question was, does Dr. Seti still frequently perform HT himself? On their websites, I see that their "super premium package" doesn't even include Dr. Seti. 

Yes I have retro alopecia, this was discussed before, and I knew going into it I could lose that hair. Most od my temple points are nape hair. I thought it was a calculated risk. As far as I’m aware, he’s still performing surgeries, but less than Dr. Das and Dr. Bansal. 

That would be a shame if he stopped doing surgeries 😢 

View my thread

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Temple points sometimes despite their subtlety are definitely essential imo. 

Is the Dry picture from before you had any surgeries at all Vs now? 

I'm going to hope my hair gets as dark or thick as yours looks over the next 5 months for the temple points and blends well. I do think your hair may be a little more thick than mine, but could be slightly wrong. I know my beard definitely at a certain length it becomes curly and it's why i wouldn't want to need to rely on that in the future. 

Yes, picture on the left was before surgery at 29 years old, picture on the right was now with wet hair. I was definitely a slow grower. My hair has started taking off now at 9 months.

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, picture on the left was before surgery at 29 years old, picture on the right was now with wet hair. I was definitely a slow grower. My hair has started taking off now at 9 months.

That's a helluva journey Melvin. Definitely inspirational for people looking to try regain their hair and in terms of suffering some of the issued you did with regards to medication etc. 

I definitely am sticking to the 12 months and longer timescale for maturity. It's helpful seeing yourself and other people who have posted showing the thinner less pigmented hair begin to thicken and mature as the months roll on.