Dr. Konior Instagram Live Q&A

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

I am pleased to announce Dr. Konior has agreed to do an Instagram live with us. We’re set for tomorrow at 9 am PST 11 am CST and 12 noon EST. What questions do you have for one of the world’s best surgeons?

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Ask him if he ever sleeps, or better yet, where his work ethic comes from.  His surgeries sometimes go late in the evenings and then he's responding to emails at 4am! 😮

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Maybe another question about medication? I know Dr. Wong was highly optimistic about topical dut while Dr. Bisanga said he's more of an oral minoxidil guy. I wonder if Dr. Konior is experimenting with different drugs as well. 

Another question is how aggressive can you go in patients with limited foreseeable loss. i.e. the doctor looks through a microscope and sees limited miniaturization throughout the scalp. I understand that doctors tend to be a bit conservative so as to not deplete a patients donor supply but what about patients who are lower norwood and don't have a ton of miniaturization throughout the scalp. At what point can more aggressive transplants be attempted? The reason I ask is because I kinda want to get my temple peaks done but I'm unsure if it's a wise idea to spend the grafts there or not

• Administrators

Here’s the full interview, possibly one of the most technically intricate discussions I’ve ever had. Learned A LOT in this one.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSR_rTnl6Sf/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

This interview reminded me so much of my consultations with Dr. K, as he always uses the most fitting analogies to help us laymen understand and visualize the complexities of hair transplantation.  Fascinating stuff!  And I'm honored to have received a shout out. ☺️

• Like 3

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

This interview reminded me so much of my consultations with Dr. K, as he always uses the most fitting analogies to help us laymen understand and visualize the complexities of hair transplantation.  Fascinating stuff!  And I'm honored to have received a shout out. ☺️

Ha yes! You caught the mention

View my thread

Wow. Surprising the H&W moved to implanters

Interesting how he mentions looking for signs of a higher norwood. I had to start examining my temple points to make sure they weren't too receded

Any chance we could get a Q&A with Dr. De Freitas?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Wow. Surprising the H&W moved to implanters

Interesting how he mentions looking for signs of a higher norwood. I had to start examining my temple points to make sure they weren't too receded

Any chance we could get a Q&A with Dr. De Freitas?

He doesn’t speak English very well, his native language is Portuguese. I can definitely ask if he could with an interpreter. 

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

He doesn’t speak English very well, his native language is Portuguese. I can definitely ask if he could with an interpreter. 

I'd love to hear from the Spanish doctors on how they approach things. Would be really cool to break through the aura of mystery surrounding them on English forums. The interview could be in Chinese and I'd probably still listen

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

I'd love to hear from the Spanish doctors on how they approach things. Would be really cool to break through the aura of mystery surrounding them on English forums. The interview could be in Chinese and I'd probably still listen

I’ll try and set it up. 

• Like 1

View my thread