Eugenix, NW3 5200 + grafts / MazAB's 2nd procedure on 10/8/2022 by Dr Pradeep Sethi

MazAB

I think to get those quality of laser caps, they're quite pricey and diodes need to be medical grade to actually be effective. It's why the other hairbrushes and stuff was seen as snake oil for so long imo. 

20 hours ago, MazAB said:

@xpressabhi under direct light you can absolutely see thru the hairline. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look weird or fake in any way. It just looks like I'm thinning with a full head of hair. A couple of my close friends even commented saying that the low density makes for a more natural appearance. Truth be told, if my growth stopped today, I'd still feel great, and much improved than before.

Here are a few shots under direct light and one that is not under direct light. In the higher light shots I have a thinning look, and in the last one, a complete dense, thick head of hair. 

At only 4 months in, I'm liking my chances in any high lighting situation, to having a full density appearance when all is said and done. Only time will tell...

20220111_132633.jpg

20220111_114307.jpg

20220111_113915.jpg

20220111_132555.jpg

Wow. I still remember your video on youtube with Dr. Arika.  I loved the design she did for you.  Those temples are OUTSTANDING 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Tagging @LaserCaps 👍🏽

LaserCap is the only by Provider only laser.  It is a prescription strength laser which carries a lifetime warranty.  It's been cleared for both men and women.  It is not associated with any serious adverse effects, unlike many other treatments offered in this industry. It is convenient, hands free and discreet. It delivers a higher dose of light energy per treatment than any other comparable device on the market. It uses true laser diodes, monochromatic red laser at a finely tuned wavelength and intensity. It is the cap I've used for the last 5 years. I have experienced enhancement throughout the whole head.  I have also observed visual positive changes when combined with PRP.  You can contact Dr. Arocha's office for more info as he is a provider. 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

22 hours ago, MazAB said:

In the higher light shots I have a thinning look

@MazAB you may have to wait this one out a bit longer for the real density to kick in. I too had the impression that the thinning frontal look under direct sunlight was the absolute best a hair transplant can achieve in terms of density and I accepted this to be my final look at the end of 5 months. I am now 9 months into my hair transplant and I do not know exactly when this happened but my frontal hairline thickened up even further when I checked a few weeks back and I can no longer see through the hairline even with a camera flash. 

Edited by Mggm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LaserCaps said:

LaserCap is the only by Provider only laser.  It is a prescription strength laser which carries a lifetime warranty.  It's been cleared for both men and women.  It is not associated with any serious adverse effects, unlike many other treatments offered in this industry. It is convenient, hands free and discreet. It delivers a higher dose of light energy per treatment than any other comparable device on the market. It uses true laser diodes, monochromatic red laser at a finely tuned wavelength and intensity. It is the cap I've used for the last 5 years. I have experienced enhancement throughout the whole head.  I have also observed visual positive changes when combined with PRP.  You can contact Dr. Arocha's office for more info as he is a provider. 

Can we get this in the uk?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Can we get this in the uk?

I just reviewed the list of providers in the UK and saw no one has been assigned as of yet.  

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

I can gladly check with LaserCap if they can drop ship one to you. Would you like me to assist?

23 hours ago, MazAB said:

@xpressabhi under direct light you can absolutely see thru the hairline. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look weird or fake in any way. It just looks like I'm thinning with a full head of hair. A couple of my close friends even commented saying that the low density makes for a more natural appearance. Truth be told, if my growth stopped today, I'd still feel great, and much improved than before.

Here are a few shots under direct light and one that is not under direct light. In the higher light shots I have a thinning look, and in the last one, a complete dense, thick head of hair. 

At only 4 months in, I'm liking my chances in any high lighting situation, to having a full density appearance when all is said and done. Only time will tell...

20220111_132633.jpg

20220111_114307.jpg

20220111_113915.jpg

20220111_132555.jpg

@MazAB Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I agree it doesn't look fake at all but just trying to set realistic expectations for myself for coming months. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes, and i myself get deceived by some of my selfies i click and reality. You look damn solid, and your extra effort in getting the hairline correct has definitely paid off. I will come back for your next month's update and post mine as well after i complete 4 months :)

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 7:50 PM, MazAB said:

20220111_132633.jpg

20220111_114307.jpg

20220111_113915.jpg

20220111_132555.jpg

Wow!!! What a change in just 4 months 🤗

Cant wait to see your result at 8 months, this is gonna be amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 6:27 PM, MazAB said:

@Melvin- Moderator totally agree with @kirkland on the LLLT. I myself have been using it starting 1 month post surgery for 10 minute sessions daily, and there are some very real benefits with accelerating the healing process and promoting early growth. Also, I did change a few things with my supplement stack and dosages. 

For me, I'm not a huge advocate for Hair Vitamin pills, because I believe many times they are nothing more than multi-vitamins with hair labels and high premiums. It's also hard to find any of them that are 3rd party tested for quality and efficacy.  However, in an effort to add organ meat into my diet I stubbled on a Beef Liver supplement that is extremely good for your hair! Organ meat, more specifically liver meat, is almost never consumed in any aspect of our lives, and is rarely part of any culture. I personally hate the taste of it, but I also know that it is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, so I just started taking it around 2 months back. Not sure how much it's helped individually because of all the other things I'm taking, but again, I'm taking it more for the health benefits. I just could not believe how many people reported hair growth from it, so it's worth it for anyone to investigate. It essentially is a multi-vitamin hair pill, because every vitamin and nutrient it contains, has proven hair health benefits, and helps balance any potential deficiencies that may have a negative impact on the hair. It also helps fill a major void in keeping a health body. Mom was right when she told you to eat your liver!

Here is a link to an article that helps break down the benefits liver has on the hair:

https://thehealthyrd.com/taking-desiccated-liver-for-hair-growth-how-does-it-work/

Here is also a link in Amazon to the Beef Liver supplement I'm currently taking (3rd party tested & approved):

I'd recommend also doing a search in the comments and questions on "Hair". You will find a ton of folks that have reported back positive effects on hair growth after getting on it. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MS8MXF5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In addition I also focus on individual supplements where I can choose the most impactful molecules for the hair, and customize my dosages like I always have. Post surgery though,  I did tweak my supplement stack and dosages to help kickstart the anagen (growth) phase just a bit faster if possible. 😁💪

Here is a breakdown of what I've been taking and how much. I did list these in my earlier posts, however, I forgot to update you guys on the changes I made close to the 2 month mark. Again, these are all in the safe, upper limits of what your body can handle for daily intake. 

MSM - 3 grams daily (was previously at 2grams)

D3 - 10,000 iu (previously at 5000 iu)

Collagen - 12 grams daily (previously at 9grams)

Hyaluronic Acid - 375 mg (previously at 250mg)

Hi @MazAB- I recently also came across something talking about the benefits of eating liver for health. Regarding hair and liver, I came across another article that  said vitamin A in large doses can accelerate hair loss and recommended not to eat liver pâté more than one time per week.

In the article you linked it acknowledges that while vitamin A in large doses can accelerate hair loss, the daily serving that comes from the capsules at 5000 RAE is okay. 5000 RAE is close to 16k IU which to me sounds like a ton compared to the daily recommended value.

Let me know if you have any thoughts/knowledge about this as I, nor anyone else on this forum surely do not want to speed up any hair loss!

• Administrators
On 1/12/2022 at 10:20 AM, LaserCaps said:

I can gladly check with LaserCap if they can drop ship one to you. Would you like me to assist?

Can we get a forum discount? Discount code Hair Restoration Network lol

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@SLA, great question regarding dosages of Beef Liver. I totally get the concern, I had the concern myself with Vitamin A because I get a lot of it in my diet and other supplements as well. What I would always say for any supplement is too much of a good thing could end up as a very bad thing if you're not careful. The recommended daily intake is 4 to 6 pills a day, which could fall in at 3000 to 4500mg daily. I'm currently taking 2 pills daily to fall in at 1500mg. Once I fully realize the gains from my procedure close to the 1 year mark, my plan is taking just 1 pill at 750mg daily. That should help to strike a balance between good overall body and hair health and also help to reduce the risk factor of vitamin overdosing. 

• Like 1

@MazAB Great Improvement from month 3 to month 4, you family is absolutely right it doesn't look you had a HT, this is just awesome considering that you only passed 4 months mark.

I also completed my 3 months mark, I would be delighted if could see the progress like you after my 4rth month.

wishing you the best!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 11:00 AM, George Clooney said:

What do you mean by this?

Strength of a laser is measured in Jouls per squared CM .  Most lasers will provide from 1-3.  LaserCap provides 4.  

• Valued Contributor
On 9/5/2021 at 10:13 AM, MazAB said:

Update on Day 5:

Wow, a lot has changed from my initial post after the procedure. I had a chance absorb the work done, then re-asses after speaking with Dr Predeep and Dr Arika on the potential of changing the initial design. Although conservative was my original choice, I felt strongly that the conservative approach was not framing my face appropriately to bring out my best look. Dr Arika 100% agreed and immediately drew out a design that was one step more aggressive filling and rounding off the end temples better, and also slightly coming down in the center point.

For me it was tough to fully picture how to frame my face to make it the best version of what I can be in the design phase, but this change was exactly me in every way hitting the sweet spot of not being too aggressive or conservative with more distinctive lines stylistically. Dr Arika’s original design suggestion was about as aggressive as this, but the modified version of the new hairline in my opinion, looks a lot better than the original. 

Friday September 3rd – 277 grafts implanted across the hairline: My main concern heading back into this would be that hairlines are never designed with many rows of singles. After 3 to 4 lines of singles, doubles and triples are placed for density sake, but because the hairline is essentially a do-over, we would have anywhere from 8 to 10 lines of singles making the hairline more see thru, especially in direct sunlight. To avoid this, Dr Arika added triples to the back part of the new hairline to help aid in establishing a visual barrier between original and modified hairline as well as added density.

Saturday September 4th – Dr Pradeep wanted me to head to the clinic early so he could specifically assess that last row of triple hair grafts. He too was concerned that multiple rows of singles may expose transparency if the triples were not enough to provide cover and create that visual wall. Under the highest magnification he was able to find adequate spacing between grafts. He also felt that I was a good candidate to handle more densely packed grafts, and thought better safe than sorry. Dr Pradeep wanted to be sure that the visual barrier of triples would be randomly scattered between the singles alternating from the 3rd and 4th rows, as well as squeezing in a new row with multiple triples where the original hairline ends and the new one begins. All in all, 128 triple hair grafts were extracted and strategically placed across the hairline. I could not believe that he was able to find the room to fit as many grafts as he did, but I must say the uneasy feeling that I may have put myself in tough spot modifying the original hairline completely vanished. Dr Pradeep and his magical hands set my mind at ease with a no loss everything gained scenario. Can’t thank him enough for his thoughtfulness and caring for my outcome just as much, if not more than me. His response to me after thanking him endlessly, “I do the same for you as my own son or brother. You are in my heart and your result needs to reflect that.” I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be going over the top with waving the Eugenix pompoms, but seriously, what hair transplant surgeon would ever say anything like that to his clients. Forget about being a great surgeon, this guy is such an amazing person. Both Dr Arika and Pradeep care for their clients with every ounce of their being. The most spiritually and ethically grounded people you could ever want to meet.

In hind sight, I could have avoiding this happening altogether if I was more decisive on how aggressive/conservative I wanted to be before the design with Dr Arika. Also, I would recommended to have several options drawn out with completely different shapes and arcs so you can see what works framed to your face. Trust me, when you see the one that truly works you will definitely know it right away, but without seeing it drawn on your head it could be easy to just move forward the first option and think it’s good enough. So be sure to take more time than I did in the design room.

Here are the updated shots taken at day 5:

Front.jpg

Right profile.jpg

Top Closeup.jpg

Donor Left.jpg

Donor Right.jpg

Left Profile.jpg

Maz, I've come back to this post as I think this is what I should have done/had done. The closure on the temple corners makes all the difference and really connects the sides to the hairline. As you'll know from my own thread I've had nagging doubts about my hairline design and I keep coming back to the lack of closure at the corners as being the culprit. Reviewing yours again I can see that that is the issue in my case (though your initial design was still a bit closer to the mark than my own I think). Fair play to you for spotting it and having it addressed there and then!

I've obviously no option but to see what I think when everything is grown out but I'll certainly be considering seeing if Eugenix will refine the temple corners should I not be satisfied with the look. As it stands I feel it's 80% of the way there design-wise. Just needs some refinement.

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Maz, I've come back to this post as I think this is what I should have done/had done. The closure on the temple corners makes all the difference and really connects the sides to the hairline. As you'll know from my own thread I've had nagging doubts about my hairline design and I keep coming back to the lack of closure at the corners as being the culprit. Reviewing yours again I can see that that is the issue in my case (though your initial design was still a bit closer to the mark than my own I think). Fair play to you for spotting it and having it addressed there and then!

I've obviously no option but to see what I think when everything is grown out but I'll certainly be considering seeing if Eugenix will refine the temple corners should I not be satisfied with the look. As it stands I feel it's 80% of the way there design-wise. Just needs some refinement.

@Berba11 Truthfully, I still believe that I would have been very satisfied with the original design when I go back and look at it myself, but I am very happy I had them make the change as it's starting to take shape. Initially my fear was having too many thinner single hair grafts in the middle of the hairline would compromise density, but so far the progress has been promising enough to believe it won't be an issue. If it does end up being an issue though, my plan would be to go back and have them add more density and maybe add slightly more to the hairline and temple points. My opinion, it's really hard to nail it on any first procedure. There will always be areas that you look at and scrutinize, and you can decide to either embrace those imperfections and make them your own, or have another procedure done for refining and density purposes. 

Personally I think your hairline looks great and when it's fully grown out, trust me, you'll have a completely different perspective on it. Don't forget, with typical modern day hair styles you end up combing the hair forward on the temples which will always lengthen and add the balance to them visually. Hang in there brother, your results will be epic!!!

• Like 2

BTW @MazAB- I am LOVING the cold showers. Taking them daily for several weeks and I have become addicted.

Puts me in such a great mental state. Super exhilarating! At 1st was challenging, but you then get used to it and now I don't think I can live without them.

Much appreciated! 

• Like 1

@SLAso happy to hear it man! I've been doing for so long it's hard to imagine not having my daily dose of cold shock protein. I totally agree, the mental clarity and emotional state of mind would not be the same without it for me. Again, amazing for collagen synthesis. You should definitely start to see an improvement in scalp and hair health in short order if you're doing it consistently. 

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 4:36 PM, MazAB said:

@Berba11 Truthfully, I still believe that I would have been very satisfied with the original design when I go back and look at it myself, but I am very happy I had them make the change as it's starting to take shape. Initially my fear was having too many thinner single hair grafts in the middle of the hairline would compromise density, but so far the progress has been promising enough to believe it won't be an issue. If it does end up being an issue though, my plan would be to go back and have them add more density and maybe add slightly more to the hairline and temple points. My opinion, it's really hard to nail it on any first procedure. There will always be areas that you look at and scrutinize, and you can decide to either embrace those imperfections and make them your own, or have another procedure done for refining and density purposes. 

Personally I think your hairline looks great and when it's fully grown out, trust me, you'll have a completely different perspective on it. Don't forget, with typical modern day hair styles you end up combing the hair forward on the temples which will always lengthen and add the balance to them visually. Hang in there brother, your results will be epic!!!

Just to add onto this, it's easier to add down the line and refine the hairline with a smaller procedure. You can't really go the other way as easily. Unlike growing out a beard/hair again that's cut too short, a hairline transplanted too low/badly need to be repaired could lead to a precious loss of grafts. When you already probably didn't have 100% survival in the first place further reducing your hair. 

You're also 100% right on when it grows out, the styling visually makes it look different. Sometimes it even makes some hairlines look more "straight" than they are. I noticed this with some amazing natural hairlines that look low and almost straight but when grown out, and when buzzed, its actually not as flat and straight as you would have thought. 

I personally want to aim for a more flat and shallow hairline design, but i think it's important to account for your personal facial aesthetics and how the frontalis muscle allows you potentially lower that hairline to a realistic looking point. 

• Like 1