Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

9 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

You must be absolutely thrilled 👏👏

Yes definitely, you know the feeling better than anyone 😊.

it's a bit unreal to see your own hair, specially after almost 15 years of wearing a hair piece , just want time to go faster so I can get to the point where the second surgery hair growth kicks in which should after the 3rd month if it follows first surgeries time line. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dr.Zarev is an amazing surgeon!I did my first HT with hin in late 2015 about 1700 gr  infront only!I already knew that i am hedding to NW 6 or 7!5 months ago i did my second surgery 7400 grafts!And i still got about 1800 2000grafts left for 3rd surgery when i am ready! but he told me to wait so i could have resource for future balding!I am 36 y.o. !My point is that in 2015 cause i am one of his first patients i knew that he would be the best!He is the best and he is very honest doctor and simply a good person!Good choice Hugo!I mean there are very good surgeons out there but for high norwood he is the best out there!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KKB said:

Dr.Zarev is an amazing surgeon!I did my first HT with hin in late 2015 about 1700 gr  infront only!I already knew that i am hedding to NW 6 or 7!5 months ago i did my second surgery 7400 grafts!And i still got about 1800 2000grafts left for 3rd surgery when i am ready! but he told me to wait so i could have resource for future balding!I am 36 y.o. !My point is that in 2015 cause i am one of his first patients i knew that he would be the best!He is the best and he is very honest doctor and simply a good person!Good choice Hugo!I mean there are very good surgeons out there but for high norwood he is the best out there!

Do you have any before and Afters???

13 minutes ago, KKB said:

Would be keen to see a result thread from yourself ? We need more Dr Zarev reviews posted 🙏

1 hour ago, KKB said:

Glad to hear you that you are happy with your results, not that I would expect anything else from Dr Zarev but excellent results. 

If you can start your own thread with before pictures from second surgery and immediate pictures after surgery, Dr Zarev should be able to provide these for you (when he finds the time 😅) and blurr your face if you want to be incognito and maybe a couple pictures of how you look today. 

The forum needs more Dr Zarev reviews. 

• Like 6

Full recovery of the donor area for me was about 5 months after the surgery!When you have 7000gr extracted there is no chance to miss the shockloss!For others is about 3 months after the surgery!Usually the timing frame depends but by my opinion it is from 3rd to 5th month!For example maybe hugo got different time frame! ;)

Edited by KKB

As I did such a large surgery with 7000 grafts first time some shock loss was expected and I did have some, you can see my pictures from month 1-3 and then month 4 starts to look much better, so around 4/5 month recovery had started, Dr Zarev expected some chock loss and that for some, full recovery for donor can take 9 months which is why he wants to wait until month 10 for second surgery (if needed).

This time around I would expect a little bit quicker recovery as I did "only" 3613 grafts. 

1 hour ago, HugoX said:

As I did such a large surgery with 7000 grafts first time some shock loss was expected and I did have some, you can see my pictures from month 1-3 and then month 4 starts to look much better, so around 4/5 month recovery had started, Dr Zarev expected some chock loss and that for some, full recovery for donor can take 9 months which is why he wants to wait until month 10 for second surgery (if needed).

This time around I would expect a little bit quicker recovery as I did "only" 3613 grafts. 

Yes, that makes sense.

Online most clinics say that donor shock loss only occurs in 5% of patients (of course recipient is more frequent and kind of follows the expected shedding phase).

However, probably for larger cases that percentage is a little higher, which is why I asked. 

• Like 1

Dr. Zarev's results are fantastic and he seems like an INCREDIBLE surgeon, however, all the patients I have seen him restore have absolutely incredible hair characteristics and donor regions.

I would LOVE to see examples from him restoring someone with less than ideal hair characteristics and donor.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SLA said:

Dr. Zarev's results are fantastic and he seems like an INCREDIBLE surgeon, however, all the patients I have seen him restore have absolutely incredible hair characteristics and donor regions.

I would LOVE to see examples from him restoring someone with less than ideal hair characteristics and donor.

I have average characteristics and he still called me a good candidate in my consultation. I have thicker than average hair caliber but lower than average hair per square centimeter. I also have lighter hair which helps with the scalp contrast. I’ll be sure to post my surgery and results. In my consultation he showed me results from guys with bad characteristics that got really good results. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtb said:

I have average characteristics and he still called me a good candidate in my consultation. I have thicker than average hair caliber but lower than average hair per square centimeter. I also have lighter hair which helps with the scalp contrast. I’ll be sure to post my surgery and results. In my consultation he showed me results from guys with bad characteristics that got really good results. 

Very interesting @mtb- I would be curious to see those 'bad' hair characteristic results.

I am intrigued with Dr. Zarev saying he can harvest 60% of someone's donor without showing signs of depletion. Did he talk at all about this with you?

~I have on the low side of average donor with 6-6,500 harvestable grafts if you took 40% of my donor. With Dr. Zarev's 60%, I wonder if he feel comfortable harvesting around 9,000 grafts with would be around 60% of my donor. 

Has anyone been able to contact Dr. Zarev’s office? I know things are difficult with COVID and he was supposed to move clinics, but going a whole year unable to communicate with him at all is very frustrating. I’ve tried emailing, WhatsApp, instagram. No response.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Afk49 said:

Has anyone been able to contact Dr. Zarev’s office? I know things are difficult with COVID and he was supposed to move clinics, but going a whole year unable to communicate with him at all is very frustrating. I’ve tried emailing, WhatsApp, instagram. No response.

No im trying too.

He is defintly who I want dong my next transplant.

Although Im not in a huge rush since I had smp which has helped my crown.

But I want to get another in 2023 or 2024

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Afk49 said:

He may be in the process of moving right now, so you may need to just wait a week or two and try again. He and his staff may be too busy with the move right now.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

5 hours ago, BeHappy said:

He may be in the process of moving right now, so you may need to just wait a week or two and try again. He and his staff may be too busy with the move right now.

I mean I’m fine with that but I’ve been trying since the beginning of 2021. It seems like some people have been able to contact him and others are in similar boat as myself. I’m sure his transplant waitlist is well over a year so I’d like to get on that, but the way this is going I might have to find another surgeon. Even if when I sent a message or filled out the contact form it sent an automatic response saying “we are currently in the process of moving, please try later.” Instead it’s been a whole year of radio silence. Kind of frustrating.

5 hours ago, Afk49 said:

I mean I’m fine with that but I’ve been trying since the beginning of 2021. It seems like some people have been able to contact him and others are in similar boat as myself. I’m sure his transplant waitlist is well over a year so I’d like to get on that, but the way this is going I might have to find another surgeon. Even if when I sent a message or filled out the contact form it sent an automatic response saying “we are currently in the process of moving, please try later.” Instead it’s been a whole year of radio silence. Kind of frustrating.

I understand your frustration, but I have heard his inbox gets filled with hundreds of emails a day, in addition to his phone via texts. Unfortunately there is simply no time to address everyone that reaches out. 

• Like 1

He told me when I met with I'm in-person last month that he intends to be in his new clinic this month or next. I would keep trying to contact the numbers on his website if I were you. I think it's worth the wait. 

Edited by mtb
Clarity
  • Like 1

Zarev doesnt do online consulations.

I have a conslatation in Bulgaria for March 2023. It was the earliest I could get.They will let know if anything earlier. Not the end of the world for me & my coverage is ok.

I have the number to get through to his secretary if anyone else is interested.

You need to fly for consult though.

But I think it is worth provided he takes on my case. Which I think he will