Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

15 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Congrats. You must be over the moon with these results.

Yes, before going through with this I never expected to be at this stage at this time after surgery. I think when the second (and last) surgery where around 2000 graft is done, that should take it from over the moon to over the sun 😅

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Egy said:

Looking at the photos of your starting situation, I would say "impressive"😳

Yes, I have to now and then look at those pictures and remind myself as it is easy to forget where I was. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate, just wanted to ask how Dr Zarev knows how many follicles per graft? Does he and his team use microscopes to separate singles/ doubles and so forth? 

I personally have put my case forward but unfortunately I have not heard back from him. 

can’t wait to see your 1 year mark! 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:03 PM, JohnAC71 said:

@HugoX Hope your well, just thinking it must be coming up to month 7 ? Be great to see a update soon 🙏

You certainly are correct on your thinking, took pictures this Sunday at day 206, haven't had time to upload, vacation is over, back to reality. 

Did a really short shaved fade, so should give a clear picture of donor after 7k grafts. 

(All photos with flash) 

1627927663460.jpg

1627927735875.jpg

1627927803898.jpg

1627927856746.jpg

1627927905549.jpg

1627927966554.jpg

1627928024646.jpg

1627928081776.jpg

1627928162388.jpg

1627928207940.jpg

1627928256774.jpg

Edited by HugoX
  • Like 2

On 7/30/2021 at 1:06 PM, Woody1000 said:

Hi mate, just wanted to ask how Dr Zarev knows how many follicles per graft? Does he and his team use microscopes to separate singles/ doubles and so forth? 

I personally have put my case forward but unfortunately I have not heard back from him. 

can’t wait to see your 1 year mark! 

Dr Zarev does a very thorough consultation that takes 2-3 hours where he goes through evry inch of your head with a micro camera and measures, calculates grafts, hair diameter etc. and maps out a plan of what to take form where during surgery. 

Regarding how they separate the follicles, honestly I never asked this, I can ask when I speak to him next time. 

Sorry to hear that you have not heard back from him, I think his backlog is so big right now that it's difficult for him to catch up, especially when he does all the communication himself. I know that he is basically with a patient from 08 clock to 23/00 at night Monday to Thursday. Fridays I believe are for existing patients and consultations. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, HugoX said:

Dr Zarev does a very thorough consultation that takes 2-3 hours where he goes through evry inch of your head with a micro camera and measures, calculates grafts, hair diameter etc. and maps out a plan of what to take form where during surgery. 

Regarding how they separate the follicles, honestly I never asked this, I can ask when I speak to him next time. 

Sorry to hear that you have not heard back from him, I think his backlog is so big right now that it's difficult for him to catch up, especially when he does all the communication himself. I know that he is basically with a patient from 08 clock to 23/00 at night Monday to Thursday. Fridays I believe are for existing patients and consultations. 

I believe he’s told me he will be opening up a new clinic. Seems like he may need a patient consultant. Good be a good opportunity to ask him about that.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, SLA said:

Sure you need a 2nd HT? Looks awesome 

I am very happy, I guess it is a bit of hair greed, we did plan a 2-step procedure from the beginning, I didn’t expect this much change from the first, but Dr Zarev knew, he said I would probably feel satisfied after the 7k grafts, and I am, but I feel that if I still can improve what I got a bit more, a little more density at the front and crown, why not.... :)

• Like 1

@Melvin- Moderator I wanted to change the title of this thread to: Dr. Zarev - 7000 grafts,  but I am not able to find a way to edit this...how can I change the title?

(And end of October I will have to change the title again as I am booked for my last step)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sener said:

Hey guys I have not received any feedback from Dr. Zarev either. I think if you want to talk to him you have to travel to Bulgaria 😂.

I mention this every time we talk 😅, I think plan is to when new clinic opens to also get a English speaking patient coordinator so that he can catch up to all the inquires. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 12:36 PM, HugoX said:

@Melvin- Moderator I wanted to change the title of this thread to: Dr. Zarev - 7000 grafts,  but I am not able to find a way to edit this...how can I change the title?

(And end of October I will have to change the title again as I am booked for my last step)

Thanks

@Melvin- Moderator was this possible? 😅

• Moderators

This looks great. Isn't it so much better to have real growing hair and not have to deal with a hairpiece any more? Even if the transplanted hair is a bit thinner than the hairpiece was it's still so much better, in my opinion, to have real hair.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

This looks great. Isn't it so much better to have real growing hair and not have to deal with a hairpiece any more? Even if the transplanted hair is a bit thinner than the hairpiece was it's still so much better, in my opinion, to have real hair.

Of course, In my opinion it is. Nothing like scratching your own scalp 😅. But I am glad I waited because for me this type result would not have been possible 15 years ago, during those 15 years I have changed my way of thinking and become more realistic and more mature with age. But I don't regret going the hair piece way first because it gave me a quick fix and time to do my research 😊

Also I will be improving the transplant result with my second surgery in October 🙏

• Like 2

This result is just bananas incredible! When I see pics like this, I am reminded that, not too long ago, it was the standard belief that high Norwoods would have disastrous results with an FUE procedure this large, particularly in the donor region. Clinics like Eugenix and doctors like Zarev are pioneering a new frontier in this area of hair restoration. Incredible results @HugoX!

• Like 1