Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

On 6/7/2021 at 3:46 PM, kirkland said:

You can see some thinness throughout the back of the donor area

I disagree - the only thinness is on the nape of the neck which is normal for men unaffected by MPB, to me this visually looks untouched, which is incredible considering 7k grafts have been extracted.  

OP, you’ve already hit the ball out the park, and it’s only going to get better from here ! Well done and thankyou for sharing, 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Most people would dream of that kind of results 12 months out. At 5.5 months that's an outstanding result looking at where you started. Enjoy your full head of hair.

Edited by tressful11
  • Like 2

Congrats on your result!It looks really great at almost 5.5. months.We are waiting for clear pictures at month 6 and month 7 if you may!It will have a little see thru on a sun,but after the second surgery it will be absolutely perfect! Worth every peny!

• Like 1

WOW! Fantastic progress and the work itself by Dr Zarev!...especially the crown work/progress as usually that area takes much longer to show progress.

I’ve seen some of his patient videos and even one where he talks about his process and it was very interesting, thanks for posting, keep updating and looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Everything is looking fantastic!

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks guys, I never imagined to get were I am this quickly.

Tried today with some fibers...lets just say that it looked like I have never lost hair. I don't know if you guys ever have tried (or similar), Volluma hair spray fiber, I did try Toppik like fibers... I thought this spray on fibers that are supposed to be wind and water resistance was easier to apply and gets better in between hair and scalp. 

I will take some pictures another time with the fibers in. 

https://www.volluma.se/produkt/hairfor2-salon-professional-fiber-spray-300ml-4pack/

Edited by HugoX

32 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

@HugoX How has the redness been in your recipient area? Is it mostly faded away or still some left?

That hair spray looks pretty good but I don't know if they sell it in the US..

I don't see any redness anymore actually. 

I think this spray is similar and can be ordered in the US 

https://haircubed.com/

@HugoX your results are excellent so far, congrats . i have a couple of questions.

do you use topical Finasteride or tablets ? where did you get it since it is prescription only most places?

how was your experience in Sofia generally, is it easy to get around ? how is the Covid situation in Bulgaria ? how to get information about entry rules , and quarantine ?

thanks in advance .

6 hours ago, sam.sami said:

@HugoX your results are excellent so far, congrats . i have a couple of questions.

do you use topical Finasteride or tablets ? where did you get it since it is prescription only most places?

how was your experience in Sofia generally, is it easy to get around ? how is the Covid situation in Bulgaria ? how to get information about entry rules , and quarantine ?

thanks in advance .

I only use 5% minoxidil mixed with 0.1 finasteride that was provided by Dr Zarev. 

Regarding Covid situation on Bulgaria I have no idea how it is today, I was there in the beginning of January, at that time I did not need to take any covid test before entry to the country when flying from Sweden , I think you will have to look at their embassies Web page for latest info on this. 

Sofia was nice city, not that big, easy to get around, cheap taxi and food, reasonable hotel prices, I am of course comparing to the Swedish prices saying this. 

10 minutes ago, HugoX said:

I only use 5% minoxidil mixed with 0.1 finasteride that was provided by Dr Zarev. 

Regarding Covid situation on Bulgaria I have no idea how it is today, I was there in the beginning of January, at that time I did not need to take any covid test before entry to the country when flying from Sweden , I think you will have to look at their embassies Web page for latest info on this. 

Sofia was nice city, not that big, easy to get around, cheap taxi and food, reasonable hotel prices, I am of course comparing to the Swedish prices saying this. 

thanks for the reply, one more question.

so the treatment with Minoxidil and Finasteride is a temporary thing, what were the instructions and  recommendations from the Dr.?

18 hours ago, HugoX said:

Thanks guys, I never imagined to get were I am this quickly.

Tried today with some fibers...lets just say that it looked like I have never lost hair. I don't know if you guys ever have tried (or similar), Volluma hair spray fiber, I did try Toppik like fibers... I thought this spray on fibers that are supposed to be wind and water resistance was easier to apply and gets better in between hair and scalp. 

I will take some pictures another time with the fibers in. 

https://www.volluma.se/produkt/hairfor2-salon-professional-fiber-spray-300ml-4pack/

From your pictures, it looks you don't even need some kind of hair fibre.

Still no response from the dr on my side, crossing my fingers 🤞

7 hours ago, sam.sami said:

thanks for the reply, one more question.

so the treatment with Minoxidil and Finasteride is a temporary thing, what were the instructions and  recommendations from the Dr.?

What minoxidil will do is to widen the blood vessels to deliver more oxygen-rich blood to the hair follicles. Minoxidil also helps increase the size of hair follicles, which promotes the growth of thicker, stronger hairs. In addition, the topical treatment shortens the resting (telogen) phase of hair growth, which means your hair stays in the growth (anagen) phase longer, so it's a kickstart for the transplant, I will continue with it even when I have done my last and second surgery sometime in October. It will also help the hair on sides and back (where transplant hair connects to none transplant hair). I might loose a little bit but more around those areas in the future, but I have looked the same for 10 years, so it is pretty stable. 

2 hours ago, KKB said:

Hugo i forgot to ask you!Do you know the density per square cm of transplanted follicules?

It's around an average of 30 grafts/cm2, total area covered is 227cm2, 7000 grafts total. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JovsGata said:

So should I apply minoxidil on my donor sides and donor back area to improve more growth?

I think around the border land its always difficult to know how much further down it will go on sides and back, age is also important, and how your hair loss is progressing, I am a Norwood 6/7 and have been for 10 years and looked pretty much same, and I am soon to be 40 years, so hopefully I will will not see much more hair loss around the sides. 

So in general, where you still have hair left that is in a risk zone, always good to treat it in some way. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Day 180 ( 6 months) update. Pictures taken as usual after shower, blow dry and with flash. 

One thing I can add now that there is more hair... After approximately 15 years of wearing a hair system with soft, slightly wavy Indian hair, I had forgotten how my own hair was, dry, medium vawy and coarse 😅,much more difficult to style. 

1625520126365.jpg

1625520200726.jpg

1625520311839.jpg

1625520384306.jpg

1625520506022.jpg

1625520586503.jpg

1625520735254.jpg

1625520773029.jpg

1625520811910.jpg

• Like 3