When did you notice growth?

• Moderators

At 3.5 months you are right at the point where it starts for many people. I suspect you will be seeing some hairs popping through over the next week or two.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I had fully shed and then started growing from about week 4. From all the replies it just proves the point you can't set your expectations on other people's results  - it'll all depend on what cycle the follicle is in when it's transplanted. As frustrating as it is It's a slow process but you really can't judge it until the 10-12 month mark

Yeah, around 4 months for me is when things start to pop. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm a bit over 3 months (100 days) and I have signs of early growth. In the crown, for example, I have hairs covering what used to be completely bald portions. Though they are very thin. In the front, it certainly feels thicker. Overall, though, it's highly doubtful anyone would notices these changes but me.

With my first procedure, I didn't see enough growth to where I felt comfortable going out in public without a hat. Then, as if out of nowhere at about the 4.5 month mark, I suddenly had a full head of hair. I know that's hard to believe, but that is honestly what happened. Just woke up that morning and realized I could style my hair, no concealer.

I'm hopeful that come month 5 I'll see significant visible improvements, or enough coverage that people who know me would notice a difference. I base that off where I'm at now and my previous procedure.

• Like 2

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

Just now, champybaby said:

I'm a bit over 3 months (100 days) and I have signs of early growth. In the crown, for example, I have hairs covering what used to be completely bald portions. Though they are very thin. In the front, it certainly feels thicker. Overall, though, it's highly doubtful anyone would notices these changes but me.

With my first procedure, I didn't see enough growth to where I felt comfortable going out in public without a hat. Then, as if out of nowhere at about the 4.5 month mark, I suddenly had a full head of hair. I know that's hard to believe, but that is honestly what happened. Just woke up that morning and realized I could style my hair, no concealer.

I'm hopeful that come month 5 I'll see significant visible improvements, or enough coverage that people who know me would notice a difference. I base that off where I'm at now and my previous procedure.

It wasn’t the growth as such that I noticed, it was more of my hair just feeling different and standing different on my head. For me it was from 3.5 months and onwards. 

• Like 1

I've started to notice some new hair growth around the 3 month mark. It's not a whole lot yet but some very fine thin hairs. When I look in the mirror it's difficult to see to be quite honest because the hairs are so short and thin. The way I really noticed them was taking pictures without flash close to my scalp at an angle and not top down. Take a pic in a room with natural daylight coming in without having any direct sunlight hitting your head. It's still very early so anything you do see will be quite thin and only around 10% of your growth. I think by the end of this month you should see growth if nothing yet. 

Hang in there, I know it's tough not too continuously examine your hair but you have made it past the waiting stage. 

Plus Dr. Bloxham has some great results. You'll be surprised once it starts growing you will see how quickly things fill in.

Edited by deitel130
  • Like 1

For me it was month 4. I actually just yesterday uploaded my own whole hair transplant timeline with videos and pictures from month 0 to month 12. Definitely will give you some perspective 

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.