Frontal NW2 Restoration @ Eugenix | M 26 | December 10th

Day 10 Update 

After 3 headwashes 99% of the scabs have come off, a few hairs came off with the scabs too that I noticed in the shower. 

Right temple has a couple of red spots that I think are boils - I'm not too sure. 

I've also been told the donor will heal and look better. 

Looks decent for now, all pictures taken in direct sunlight. 

IMG_20201220_154126-01.jpeg

IMG_20201220_154553-01.jpeg

IMG_20201220_154020-01.jpeg

IMG_20201220_160311-01.jpeg

IMG_20201220_160249.jpg

IMG_20201220_154534-01.jpeg

From the pictures it seems to be they did a great with matching the density from your native hair to the newly transplanted. This should look incredibly natural even at short hair lengths if that is in fact the case. May every graft flourish!

• Thanks 1

Day 13

I've begun finasteride 0.5mg alternative days and the top looks very satisfactory at the moment, however I'm starting to get a little concerned about the angulation in my left temple. 

Picture 1: A reference with hand drawn graft angulations that follows my natural hairline (pre transplant). They seem to go from being angulated at 225 degrees at the top and gradually end at 325 degrees at the bottom. 

Picture 2: Reference angulations that I have post transplant, as can be seen from my pictures. Starts with a 310 degree angulation at the top and ends at 350 degrees at the bottom. 

Picture 3: The direction of the hair behind the left temple and above it is exactly opposite to the newly transplanted grafts and it's starting to appear a little unnatural under light/sunlight - a couple of my relatives started to notice something was up. The other temple blends in well and so does the top. 

I got a feeling that when these hairs grow long, I'll have a hard time styling them as they don't blend in, and they look like they're going to intersect/knot around each other. (This is my assumption based on what I can tell/see, I may be wrong) 

The clinic has been in contact with me, and they are following up really well, answering some of the questions I have too. 

Note: By no means am I jumping the gun here, I know these are still early times and this is an observation that was put across to me by someone that I pondered a lot upon. 

Some of you guys have been my constant support during these days, would love to hear more, thanks. 

photo_2020-12-23_20-43-23.jpg

image_2020-12-23_20-52-57.png

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Captain Haddock

Those temple hairs that are of concern are set in far enough that it would be hard to tell with the few hairs that angle awkwardly. It would more than likely blend into everything else around it and not pose to much of a problem from visual and/or styling standpoint.

It would be much different if the angles were far off at the line of the temple, which of course is not the case with you. One thing to keep in mind is that the angle of your transplanted hairs will change slightly as you progress thru the healing/mending process and the grafts fully set in to there new home. A good transplant surgeon knows this and will offset the angle accordingly to account for the healing change that occurs.

Edited by MazAB
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Those temple hairs that are of concern are set in far enough that it would be hard to tell with the few hairs that angle awkwardly. It would more than likely blend into everything else around it and not pose to much of a problem from visual and/or styling standpoint.

It would be much different if the angles were far off at the line of the temple, which of course is not the case with you. One thing to keep in mind is that the angle of your transplanted hairs will change slightly as you progress thru the healing/mending process and the grafts fully set in to there new home. A good transplant surgeon knows this and will offset the angle accordingly to account for the healing change that occurs.

Actually I'm concerned about the outline as well. They're all pointing backwards (330 degrees to 360 degrees inwards) right from the top, which doesn't seem to go well with the underlying angulation that I had naturally as you can see in picture 1. I'm not an expert and I hope I'm wrong. 

I hope everything turns out alright. I'm placing my trust in the process, clinic and will wait patiently. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I noticed the same but didn't want to say anything.. Hope it's not a big deal. Maybe check some other Eugenix threads to see what their temples looked like and who they evolved?

Did you ask the clinic about this?

Who did the implantations, was it Dr. Arika?

Dr. Arika did the slits and extractions and there was a huge team of techs working on loading up the grafts into the implanter pens and planting them.

Two techs were simultaneously working on both of my temples at the same time. 

I had a special request to do my temples well as this was one of my primary goals of the surgery, so I requested that the last 3 or so rows be doubles and the then all the rows at front singles. 

The right temple looks more okay and seems to blend in well, the left temple is starting to look unnatural and I've had a few relatives of mine ask me what was going on just like you noticed. 

The clinic has been in touch with me and I've pinged them about the same concern. 

• Administrators

I don’t see any reason to be concerned, the angle you posted would look unnatural. Those temples are already balding, so trying to mimic that pattern doesn’t make sense. Temple points that are not balding are not angled that way B88167D0-0AF4-44C1-991C-B257B165B24B.jpeg

vs 

FF4F7FDA-DA45-43CF-AAA3-E3C9333F07D6.jpeg

The ladder would look disastrous if transplanted with terminal hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

28 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t see any reason to be concerned, the angle you posted would look unnatural. Those temples are already balding, so trying to mimic that pattern doesn’t make sense. Temple points that are not balding are not angled that way B88167D0-0AF4-44C1-991C-B257B165B24B.jpeg

vs 

FF4F7FDA-DA45-43CF-AAA3-E3C9333F07D6.jpeg

The ladder would look disastrous if transplanted with terminal hair. 

Those temples look crazy good!!

Also,I see that its the right temple - this blends in well for me too as when I comb from left to right, all my hair on the right is in sync. 

That doesn't seem to be the case on my left side as I have hair coming forward and my temples now are going in the opposite direction. 

That was just my point of concern that's all. I kinda feel better now, so thank you. 

I hope you're right. Keep me in your prayers!! 

IMG_20201209_192308~2.jpg

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

Those temples look crazy good!!

Also,I see that its the right temple - this blends in well for me too as when I comb from left to right, all my hair on the right is in sync. 

That doesn't seem to be the case on my left side as I have hair coming forward and my temples now are going in the opposite direction. 

That was just my point of concern that's all. 

Anyway I hope you're all right. Keep me in your prayers!! 

IMG_20201209_192308~2.jpg

That’s how your temples will look. You still have native hair in the temple points, I see that they blended the hair well. At the very front, the points have to be flat and angled straight back and slightly downward. As the hair moved back the angle changes, but you already have plenty of native hair for the transition. Trust me, you’ve got nothing to worry about. Happy growing bro 😎 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

When I saw your temples, I immediately noticed the angles of the transplanted grafts not aligning with the natural flow of the original hair you pointed out.

Wait till everything comes out (6-8 months) and see how/if those blend especially when they are long. Worst case scenario, you can get those removed by electrolysis and then get another temple job but ask them to harvest from sides for the temple work next time.

image.png.0af3d5fd12e1e828eafdc0e9ab86d7f5.png

image.png.ec583faf8beeed88782ee0d94ae05d85.png

Edited by Kaya
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kaya said:

When I saw your temples, I immediately noticed the angles of the transplanted grafts not aligning with the natural flow of the original hair you pointed out.

Wait till everything comes out (6-8 months) and see how/if those blend especially when they are long. Worst case scenario, you can get those removed by electrolysis and then get another temple job but ask them to harvest from sides for the temple work next time.

image.png.0af3d5fd12e1e828eafdc0e9ab86d7f5.png

image.png.ec583faf8beeed88782ee0d94ae05d85.png

Yeah, guess I just gotta wait now and see how they turn out. :(

Is my case peculiar or do we have other surgeons planting the grafts the way I have recieved them? Could you please show me a few good temple cases here? I looked at other Eugenix cases and they seem to be doing the temples more or less the same way. 

Perhaps one method doesn't fit everyone, with my hair though it's getting a little apparent as they grow. 

I had been dreaming of getting back my temples for 2 years now. I'm praying they come off good at the moment. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

Yeah, guess I just gotta wait now and see how they turn out. 

Is my case peculiar or do we have other surgeons planting the grafts the way I have recieved them? Could you please show me a few good temple cases here? I looked at other Eugenix cases and they seem to be doing the temples more or less the same way. 

Perhaps one method doesn't fit everyone, with my hair though it's getting a little apparent as they grow. 

I had been dreaming of getting back my temples for 2 years now. I'm praying they come off good at the moment. 

Temple work is a tough one. You want the directions and the calibers/colors of the transplanted grafts matching the original ones. I am yet to see a perfect example but providing the links for what I consider as very good ones:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/49230-2987grafts-with-dr-lupanzula/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/57110-2500-grafts-with-dr-hakan-doganay-ahd-clinic-2606-20/

Edited by Kaya
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaya said:

Watch this one as well, especially after 2:00 min mark. It is unnecessarily aggressive but it gives you a very good idea on temple point restoration.

Very well explained and a great natural result too. 

For the left temple they seem to be going forward from the top and ending inward at the bottom ( 225 degrees to 325 degrees) - a transition of 100 degrees all though it. 

Oh well. There's nothing I can do now but wait, and see how my result turns out. I'll weigh my options at the 8th month mark or so.

Thank you for being brutally honest with me. 

• Like 1

Day 14 Update (New Pictures) 

Two weeks post shower.

The top is looking fine, blending in well. I believe the donor will also heal nicely, over the course of the next month even though it may appear slightly moth eaten now. 

I also notice a lot of bidirectional (intersectional) growth in the left temple. The sides look okay when looked at from the front but, let's say your walking shoulder to shoulder right beside me and you look at me from 180° you could tell my temples aren't blending in and are going the opposite way. 

Playing the waiting game. Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year. 

May God give us all strength to go through this journey. 

IMG_20201224_135109-02-01.jpeg

IMG_20201224_135403-01-01.jpeg

IMG_20201224_135138-01.jpeg

IMG_20201224_134608-01.jpeg

IMG_20201224_143526-01.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, Captain Haddock said:

Day 13

I've begun finasteride 0.5mg alternative days and the top looks very satisfactory at the moment, however I'm starting to get a little concerned about the angulation in my left temple. 

Picture 1: A reference with hand drawn graft angulations that follows my natural hairline (pre transplant). They seem to go from being angulated at 225 degrees at the top and gradually end at 325 degrees at the bottom. 

Picture 2: Reference angulations that I have post transplant, as can be seen from my pictures. Starts with a 310 degree angulation at the top and ends at 350 degrees at the bottom. 

Picture 3: The direction of the hair behind the left temple and above it is exactly opposite to the newly transplanted grafts and it's starting to appear a little unnatural under light/sunlight - a couple of my relatives started to notice something was up. The other temple blends in well and so does the top. 

I got a feeling that when these hairs grow long, I'll have a hard time styling them as they don't blend in, and they look like they're going to intersect/knot around each other. (This is my assumption based on what I can tell/see, I may be wrong) 

The clinic has been in contact with me, and they are following up really well, answering some of the questions I have too. 

Note: By no means am I jumping the gun here, I know these are still early times and this is an observation that was put across to me by someone that I pondered a lot upon. 

Some of you guys have been my constant support during these days, would love to hear more, thanks. 

photo_2020-12-23_20-43-23.jpg

image_2020-12-23_20-52-57.png

Screenshot_1.png

@Captain Haddock

I had a detailed discussion with Drs Arika & Pradeep now & I learnt from Dr Pradeep that you also had a word with him. The temple hair is always downward and backward. However, the degree of downwardness and backwardness varies from person to person. These hairs are usually light colored, slow growing, thin and single follicles. Their curl falls on the skin. The lowest lines of hair on temple are nearly transverse to surface and parallel to the eyebrows. It is the smartness and diligence which stems from experience over thousand of cases where temples have been re-created, of the physicians that gets applied to the artistry of the procedure. Deliberately, the temple hair are put more transversely than oblique by our team, for we know out of our experience that the newly planted hair after growing would assume the new angle which would become little oblique as a final destination of the hair.  So, with expectaction that hair would become oblique (with our proven past experiences), we put the hair the way we have done for you. Yet again, this is not the right time for you to get worried because final hair would be verdicted only after 8 to 9 months the procedure. Hence, I would request you to be in touch with Dr Pradeep & Dr Arika for all your contemporary and transient worries and woes. I was a patient like you. I have also gone through this "doubtful and expecting" period of 5 to 6 months post procedure. And you will agree that none other than your treating doctors (whom you have chosen with a lot of research and diligence) would be able to answer your points and satisfy you. Please go through these following links which would give you the thoughts behind temple re-creation according to Eugenix founders, Drs Sethi & Bansal and you will also witness some sample results who were patients like you to Eugenix at some point of time in the past. Please let me know if you have got any more queries to be answered.

Regards,

Abhinay Singh

Patient advisor for Eugenix Hair Sciences

abhinay@eugenix.in

+91 7977915534

• Thanks 1

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

49 minutes ago, Abhinay Singh said:

@Captain Haddock

I had a detailed discussion with Drs Arika & Pradeep now & I learnt from Dr Pradeep that you also had a word with him. The temple hair is always downward and backward. However, the degree of downwardness and backwardness varies from person to person. These hairs are usually light colored, slow growing, thin and single follicles. Their curl falls on the skin. The lowest lines of hair on temple are nearly transverse to surface and parallel to the eyebrows. It is the smartness and diligence which stems from experience over thousand of cases where temples have been re-created, of the physicians that gets applied to the artistry of the procedure. Deliberately, the temple hair are put more transversely than oblique by our team, for we know out of our experience that the newly planted hair after growing would assume the new angle which would become little oblique as a final destination of the hair.  So, with expectaction that hair would become oblique (with our proven past experiences), we put the hair the way we have done for you. Yet again, this is not the right time for you to get worried because final hair would be verdicted only after 8 to 9 months the procedure. Hence, I would request you to be in touch with Dr Pradeep & Dr Arika for all your contemporary and transient worries and woes. I was a patient like you. I have also gone through this "doubtful and expecting" period of 5 to 6 months post procedure. And you will agree that none other than your treating doctors (whom you have chosen with a lot of research and diligence) would be able to answer your points and satisfy you. Please go through these following links which would give you the thoughts behind temple re-creation according to Eugenix founders, Drs Sethi & Bansal and you will also witness some sample results who were patients like you to Eugenix at some point of time in the past. Please let me know if you have got any more queries to be answered.

Regards,

Abhinay Singh

Patient advisor for Eugenix Hair Sciences

abhinay@eugenix.in

+91 7977915534

Thanks Abhinay. 

Going to keep calm and trust the process and will wait for the results to grow in. 

Dr. Pradeep called me twice to assure me of good results. :)

On 12/23/2020 at 9:18 PM, Captain Haddock said:

Yeah, guess I just gotta wait now and see how they turn out. :(

The best I've seen so far is @Kraistoff's

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52217-my-hair-transplant-at-asmed-istanbul-4500-grafts-fue/

I don't normally like Asmed cases, well not the more recent ones anyway and I think he had some general density issues but his temple peaks are perfect imo.

Edited by BLE123
  • Like 1