Frontal NW2 Restoration @ Eugenix | M 26 | December 10th

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Would love to see a final update.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I took a while to get back to you guys. Being an immigrant isn't easy in the first year and all my efforts were focused on building my life in a foreign land.

Its been 15 months now since I've had the surgery at Eugenix, and it has been a worthy investment and I've been happy about my results. 

I'm going to break down everything for prospective patients here. When I was one, I knew how hard it was to find dependable reviews and feedback to rely on and make a decision.

Hairline

I honestly believe Dr. Arika is probably among the best in the world for hairline design. She's done a fabulous job on me and I couldn't be happier. She was very swift throughout the whole process and gave me an age appropriate hairline. Go to her with your eyes closed if you ever have to get a hairline job done.

Temples

I know I made a huge fuss about temple angulations earlier in my post. On a high level, I was happy with how the right temple was done and not so happy with the left. 

The solution to that was to simply grow out the hair and comb them. After a certain length it is impossible to tell the difference in angulations from a granular level. When grown out, I am very happy with the result.

However, I do miss my fade cuts. It's something I cannot do as it becomes very apparent that I've gotten a transplant, especially when someone looks at my left temple. This is something I wish I didn't have to deal with as getting haircuts are hard as barbers always take a good look at your sides and most of the times I see them wondering what the hells going on with my hair. There's no going back with this.

I just cannot afford to go below guard 3 despite having done only 1.3k grafts. 🥲

Donor 

More or less happy with it but a pattern can be observed when faded out with guard 2. Ideally I wished it could've been more spaced out and evenly distributed.

But that's the thing about transplants isn't it? Not everything turns out ideally in the end and we must keep in mind that at the end of the day the cosmetics industry is very business oriented. They have to balance the amount of time they spend on each patient with economics. No other way about it.

The Techs

They were all very warm and well trained, and they've done this day in and day out. Felt safe in their hands but I feel the clinic mixes up senior techs with junior techs. Sometimes, you could see the difference in skill when they're working on you. Personally it didn't translate into a difference in results for me, but I came across a few cases on this forum where it did.

The Clinic

I was treated very well and the whole thing was a smooth ride. I wish I could've spent more time with Dr Arika prior to my surgery, probably to further customize my temples, but she's a very busy woman and does her job really well. I'd suggest them to provide a little more time to patients in the drawing room and specifically discuss angulations, or whatever they are worried about, perhaps.

Overall, I am very impressed at the rate Eugenix have grown and at the scale of operations. It's quite an achievement that they've managed to maintain quality standards despite operating on multiple patients a day and in multiple locations. I don't see a lot of other clinics or individuals accomplishing what they've done.

I'd recommend this clinic easily for anyone sheerly based on the immense talent Dr. Arika has.

I've attached some pictures and you're all welcome to ask me questions.

My future Hair Journey

I almost forgot to share this. Dr. Arika has been in touch with me throughout the journey and she almost immediately replies to all my texts. 

Sadly, I have a case of retrograde alopecia, something that Dr. Sethi warned me about a year prior to my surgery and I didn't really pay much heed to him. The nape of my neck is slowly beginning to fade (Dr. Arika made an excellent design choice by avoiding this area) along with certain sections of my temples, such as above my ears. God knows what I'll look like in 10 years time.

FaceApp_1645803497843.jpg

FaceApp_1641992762537.jpg

FaceApp_1637111581945.jpg

PXL_20220307_113125908.jpg

PXL_20220224_103906369.jpg

PXL_20220112_130104803.jpg

PXL_20220112_123922573.jpg

Edited by Captain Haddock
Added more content.
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Damn bro, 

You seriously have some of the thickest hair I’ve ever seen 😳😳😳 this HT took your hair to the next level 😮 

5B7530AF-9EC3-4DD8-A2D5-901C6140E03E.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Captain Haddock said:

Sorry I took a while to get back to you guys. Being an immigrant isn't easy in the first year and all my efforts were focused on building my life in a foreign land.

Its been 15 months now since I've had the surgery at Eugenix, and it has been a worthy investment and I've been happy about my results. 

I'm going to break down everything for prospective patients here. When I was one, I knew how hard it was to find dependable reviews and feedback to rely on and make a decision.

Hairline

I honestly believe Dr. Arika is probably among the best in the world for hairline design. She's done a fabulous job on me and I couldn't be happier. She was very swift throughout the whole process and gave me an age appropriate hairline. Go to her with your eyes closed if you ever have to get a hairline job done.

Temples

I know I made a huge fuss about temple angulations earlier in my post. On a high level, I was happy with how the right temple was done and not so happy with the left. 

The solution to that was to simply grow out the hair and comb them. After a certain length it is impossible to tell the difference in angulations from a granular level. When grown out, I am very happy with the result.

However, I do miss my fade cuts. It's something I cannot do as it becomes very apparent that I've gotten a transplant, especially when someone looks at my left temple. This is something I wish I didn't have to deal with as getting haircuts are hard as barbers always take a good look at your sides and most of the times I see them wondering what the hells going on with my hair. There's no going back with this.

I just cannot afford to go below guard 3 despite having done only 1.3k grafts. 🥲

Donor 

More or less happy with it but a pattern can be observed when faded out with guard 2. Ideally I wished it could've been more spaced out and evenly distributed.

But that's the thing about transplants isn't it? Not everything turns out ideally in the end and we must keep in mind that at the end of the day the cosmetics industry is very business oriented. They have to balance the amount of time they spend on each patient with economics. No other way about it.

The Techs

They were all very warm and well trained, and they've done this day in and day out. Felt safe in their hands but I feel the clinic mixes up senior techs with junior techs. Sometimes, you could see the difference in skill when they're working on you. Personally it didn't translate into a difference in results for me, but I came across a few cases on this forum where it did.

The Clinic

I was treated very well and the whole thing was a smooth ride. I wish I could've spent more time with Dr Arika prior to my surgery, probably to further customize my temples, but she's a very busy woman and does her job really well. I'd suggest them to provide a little more time to patients in the drawing room and specifically discuss angulations, or whatever they are worried about, perhaps.

Overall, I am very impressed at the rate Eugenix have grown and at the scale of operations. It's quite an achievement that they've managed to maintain quality standards despite operating on multiple patients a day and in multiple locations. I don't see a lot of other clinics or individuals accomplishing what they've done.

I'd recommend this clinic easily for anyone sheerly based on the immense talent Dr. Arika has.

I've attached some pictures and you're all welcome to ask me questions.

My future Hair Journey

I almost forgot to share this. Dr. Arika has been in touch with me throughout the journey and she almost immediately replies to all my texts. 

Sadly, I have a case of retrograde alopecia, something that Dr. Sethi warned me about a year prior to my surgery and I didn't really pay much heed to him. The nape of my neck is slowly beginning to fade (Dr. Arika made an excellent design choice by avoiding this area) along with certain sections of my temples, such as above my ears. God knows what I'll look like in 10 years time.

FaceApp_1645803497843.jpg

FaceApp_1641992762537.jpg

FaceApp_1637111581945.jpg

PXL_20220307_113125908.jpg

PXL_20220224_103906369.jpg

Thanks a lot for providing an update and hope everything goes well for you settling into a new country and making it all work! 

Your hair does look great grown out but 100% appreciate you taking the time to tell potential patients things to watch out for. 

I wanted my temples to be completely reconstructed and i will definitely be looking to discuss this a lot more in depth with the clinic and try ensure there's adequate density and symmetry between the two sides. I usually keep my hair at a Grade (guard?) 4 and above on the sides and back with a scissor blend towards the top. I just feel a medium long hairstyle is versatile and gives you styling options. Might as well show off the fruits of that sweet, sweet hair transplant when the time does come lol

Thanks again and all the best for the future! ;)

Thanks for posting your update especially the little nuances + the good and the bad. That hairline looks ELITE! I am someone who does skin fades too man!  I know you said you couldn't do them anymore but what if you do a really low tapered skin fade, Something like this?shadow fade with braids discounts OFF 74%

Edited by drawdownfx

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

35 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

Thanks for posting your update especially the little nuances + the good and the bad. That hairline looks ELITE! I am someone who does skin fades too man!  I know you said you couldn't do them anymore but what if you do a really low tapered skin fade, Something like this?shadow fade with braids discounts OFF 74%

Well if I have to be completely honest I can't do these styles anymore because 1. The punch holes from the donor would be visible (I have a bit of a pattern at the back) and 2. My left temple looks horrendous. I've tried it and here are some pictures.

The right temple looks amazing but the left won't co-operate. 

In your case if your donor extraction is spaced apart well and the angulations match I don't see why you won't be able to rock it.

IMG_20211015_205405~2.jpg

IMG_20210912_153143.jpg

On 3/9/2022 at 8:35 PM, Captain Haddock said:

Well if I have to be completely honest I can't do these styles anymore because 1. The punch holes from the donor would be visible (I have a bit of a pattern at the back) and 2. My left temple looks horrendous. I've tried it and here are some pictures.

In your case if your donor extraction is spaced apart well and the angulations match I don't see why you won't be able to rock it.

IMG_20210912_153143.jpg

ah I see what you mean, this is a big shame and I hope Eugenix gives you a free touch up to fix this as it is clearly botched. You shouldn't have to change your hairstyle up due to the way your HT was done it should be the other way round. Hairline looks amazing though!

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

IMG_20210912_153143.jpg

I hadn't seen these images before it does look like the angles on the left temple which you circled and looks flipped as if it were the right temple, are not properly sitting like the right temple. In fact, that looks like a huge discrepancy between the two. 

@Melvin- Moderatorany thoughts on why such a huge discrepancy on the angles?

Also, you mentioned a bit of a pattern at the back. Do you feel this is just a natural side affects of your skin colour and the way the punch holes healed or has the clinic advised you otherwise? 

Have you raised the concern around the temple points? 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this is the 3rd case I've seen from Eugenix with weird angles. Have you spoken with them about this temple? I can't imagine that they wouldn't offer to repair it. I know you said grown out it doesn't bother you but I'm sure it'd be nice to have this fixed. Hairline looks excellent though. 

Edited by JoeMan

2 hours ago, JoeMan said:

I believe this is the 3rd case I've seen from Eugenix with weird angles. Have you spoken with them about this temple? I can't imagine that they wouldn't offer to repair it. I know you said grown out it doesn't bother you but I'm sure it'd be nice to have this fixed. Hairline looks excellent though. 

Which were the other 2 cases you've come across? 

27 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Which were the other 2 cases you've come across? 

Here is 1. I remember another about a month ago where many throughout his head had weird angles. Some people thought it was shedding. I'll try to find it later or if something else recalls and can point me to it, I'd appreciate it. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Here is 1. I remember another about a month ago where many throughout his head had weird angles. Some people thought it was shedding. I'll try to find it later or if something else recalls and can point me to it, I'd appreciate it. 

I think i saw that. The left side does look very unusual. At the time i thought that maybe it's part of the thing where grafts are maybe pushed out a bit and assume a slightly bad angle rather than just purely down to bad angulation and slits. 

Unfortunately i can imagine how bad it would feel, because i would also be freaking out a little if it was me and i'm probably getting 2nd hand anxiety too because i'm schedule for May with Eugenix and its the #1 goal to restore the temple points fully. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Guys,

Please take this conversation on pm, it’s derailing the topic of OP, if you want to discuss his particular case that’s fine, but this conversation is for a pm. 

View my thread

• Administrators
6 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

What are your thoughts on the OP's temple angles @Melvin- Moderator?

One side looks a little different than the other, but hard to say, because some peoples hair direction changed from side to side. Some people have cowlicks in the hairline, others don’t. What’s natural for some may not be for others. I’d have to see the shaved area to see if there’s a difference in the surrounding angles. 

View my thread

IMG_20210912_153143.jpg

31 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

One side looks a little different than the other, but hard to say, because some peoples hair direction changed from side to side. Some people have cowlicks in the hairline, others don’t. What’s natural for some may not be for others. I’d have to see the shaved area to see if there’s a difference in the surrounding angles. 

I believe he's referring to the specific difference on these two temple point pictures between the left and right. 

The angles, thickness of the hair etc. being different. 

A lot of people have messaged me in the last few days regarding my temples. I'll try to answer some of those questions here to educate patients.

To those wondering why I haven't raised this issue with the clinic, I raised it 10 days post op and the clinic's official response can be seen in page 2 of this thread. The essence of the response was that the grafts would re-angulate themselves into oblique or slanting angles after a few months - this was something that never made sense to me and after 15 months, it factually never happened. 

Over the last year I've come to realize that temple reconstruction is a very customized job that needs good time spent on studying the patient's head, his needs and extensive discussion. All of that cannot happen as soon as you land in the clinic and now you have your procedure scheduled for the day. The time I spent discussing my procedure on site, with the doctors and techs at Eugenix in the planning and photography room was approximately less than 30 minutes. 10 of those minutes were probably spent discussing my temples. 

Moreover, patients also need to be educated that there are economics and time constraints on the clinic's end (not just Eugenix, but plenty of clinics that operate on multiple patients a day). Hair transplantation is a lucrative business, and the clinic can't afford to spend more than a day on you, while arguably there is a lesser chance of haphazard implantation and poor planning with doctors who work on a single patient/day, addressing hairline/mid-scalp on the first day, and then the temples on the second day etc. When I was being operated upon at Eugenix, the techs told me that there were 2 more patients who were undergoing procedures at the same time. 

Then there is also the problem of difference in skill difference between the techs that operate on you. You'd have plenty of them working on you, and it takes just one tech to fumble his part of the job and his mistakes will stick out and haunt you for the rest of your life - like I have to deal with constantly hiding my left temple, by growing out my hair, and styling them like I've never styled them for the last 25 years.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

One last thing.

I'd try and take Melvin (or any other moderator's opinion on any forum) with a pinch of salt as they are financially compensated by clinics to be on the platform, and mods will always strike a balance between clinic PR and patient advocacy, and his reply above is a classic example of the same. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

A lot of people have messaged me in the last few days regarding my temples. I'll try to answer some of those questions here to educate patients.

To those wondering why I haven't raised this issue with the clinic, I raised it 10 days post op and the clinic's official response can be seen in page 2 of this thread. The essence of the response was that the grafts would re-angulate themselves into oblique or slanting angles after a few months - this was something that never made sense to me and after 15 months, it factually never happened. 

Over the last year I've come to realize that temple reconstruction is a very customized job that needs good time spent on studying the patient's head, his needs and extensive discussion. All of that cannot happen as soon as you land in the clinic and now you have your procedure scheduled for the day. The time I spent discussing my procedure on site, with the doctors and techs at Eugenix in the planning and photography room was approximately less than 30 minutes. 10 of those minutes were probably spent discussing my temples. 

Moreover, patients also need to be educated that there are economics and time constraints on the clinic's end (not just Eugenix, but plenty of clinics that operate on multiple patients a day). Hair transplantation is a lucrative business, and the clinic can't afford to spend more than a day on you, while arguably there is a lesser chance of haphazard implantation and poor planning with doctors who work on a single patient/day, addressing hairline/mid-scalp on the first day, and then the temples on the second day etc. When I was being operated upon at Eugenix, the techs told me that there were 2 more patients who were undergoing procedures at the same time. 

Then there is also the problem of difference in skill difference between the techs that operate on you. You'd have plenty of them working on you, and it takes just one tech to fumble his part of the job and his mistakes will stick out and haunt you for the rest of your life - like I have to deal with constantly hiding my left temple, by growing out my hair, and styling them like I've never styled them for the last 25 years.

One last thing.

I'd try and take Melvin (or any other moderator's opinion on any forum) with a pinch of salt as they are financially compensated by clinics to be on the platform, and mods will always strike a balance between clinic PR and patient advocacy, and his reply above is a classic example of the same. 

I’m not directly compensated by any clinic or surgeon. The forum is sponsored by surgeons yes, we are very transparent. But again I don’t own this forum. I have a full time job, this I do because I want too, and I’m passionate about helping others.

I’m free to share my opinion, am I not? Just as you are free to disagree. It’s called civil discourse, which is the purpose of this forum. If you don’t want me to reply on your thread that’s fine. I will ignore the tags. 

View my thread

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m not directly compensated by any clinic or surgeon. The forum is sponsored by surgeons yes, we are very transparent. But again I don’t own this forum. I have a full time job, this I do because I want too. I’m free to share my opinion, am I not? Just as you are free to disagree. It’s called civil discourse, which is the purpose of this forum. If you don’t want me to reply on your thread that’s fine. I will ignore the tags. 

I never made any comments about what you should or should not do. All I did was simply post my opinion about how the forum works and you're already talking about quitting my thread, your full-time job and civil discourse.