Frontal NW2 Restoration @ Eugenix | M 26 | December 10th

1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Personally, I think there’s too many threads like this that showcase the bad work coming from this clinic. This is (imo) a result of bad planning and execution, most likely due to the clinic scaling and doing too many patients at once. The donor is over harvested after a small amount of grafts, the temple point hairs are the totally wrong angle, and the actual grafts in the temple points are too thick and I see many doubles and possibly TRIPLES which really blows my mind.

Unacceptable 

I personally looked at OPs case and it did cause me concern for my own procedure at the time which was coming up. 

Personally speaking, i feel like the clinic didn't nail everything as perfectly for myself as they could have either but i wouldn't call things generally as a trend "bad" from Eugenix. Although there are definitely isolated cases like this that are not a good showing for them given their reputation. However, i think on balance, they're definitely a more professional outfit than most hair mills you see sucker people in and completely ruin them. 

I hope OP is doing well and found a solution as it has been some time since his last update. 

4 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I personally looked at OPs case and it did cause me concern for my own procedure at the time which was coming up. 

Personally speaking, i feel like the clinic didn't nail everything as perfectly for myself as they could have either but i wouldn't call things generally as a trend "bad" from Eugenix. Although there are definitely isolated cases like this that are not a good showing for them given their reputation. However, i think on balance, they're definitely a more professional outfit than most hair mills you see sucker people in and completely ruin them. 

I hope OP is doing well and found a solution as it has been some time since his last update. 

Ok but one thing to think about is the fact that we only see a fraction of cases posted on forums. So imagine how many similar cases aren’t heard as patients don’t want to share their story publicly.

Eugenix is the only clinic that advises (even in videos) that patients must wear their hair longer in the donor after surgery. This just doesn’t add up because one of the main purposes of getting fue is to have the ability to wear shorter hairstyles. Something is obviously amiss with their technique to advise this. 

there’s a difference between lack of growth due to a patient’s factor X variable vs technical and planning mistakes from a clinic

2 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Ok but one thing to think about is the fact that we only see a fraction of cases posted on forums. So imagine how many similar cases aren’t heard as patients don’t want to share their story publicly.

Eugenix is the only clinic that advises (even in videos) that patients must wear their hair longer in the donor after surgery. This just doesn’t add up because one of the main purposes of getting fue is to have the ability to wear shorter hairstyles. Something is obviously amiss with their technique to advise this. 

there’s a difference between lack of growth due to a patient’s factor X variable vs technical and planning mistakes from a clinic

I was actually trying to explain to Dr Sethi about how in the UK we love doing 'skin fades' and this is a very common hairstyle. I understand if some people aren't able to do that anymore after major sessions but surely being able to keep short back and sides should be doable when you have extracted less than 3000 grafts. His response was along the lines of 'if you aren't willing to keep your hair long maybe hair transplant is not for you'. I respect his opinion but I somewhat disagree with it.

• Like 2

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

2 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I cannot speak for Eugenix obviously in terms of exactly what they mean by wearing it longer, but just as an observation from own POV, the trends of recent times have been people keeping their hair very, very short around the donor area. Skin fades etc. and obviously that will expose FUE punch scarring more or in some cases even at a slightly higher guard than a skin fade, still leave the hair short enough to not cover over that FUE extraction and give the appearance of the donor being more patchy. 

Now, with that above said, i actually do not for a second thing that explains what happened in the case of OP at all in terms of the homogeneity of the extractions and other issues that arose. 

Also, you are correct, we only see the cases people share, but just like the majority of satisfied people don't share experiences and those with negative experiences tend to share more, with Eugenix having obviously expanded more and gaining popularity, i think it was only natural to end up at a point where we perhaps saw this happen where more people with issues may come forwards. Overall though as a proportion, i would still err to think the incidence of negative cases is likely smaller than positive outcomes. That doesn't mean it in any way, shape or form excuses the clinic whether it is Eugenix or elsewhere from having had those issues which are clinic side having happened and its on them to address. I think this thread did unfortunately show the response at the time wasn't what we expected and perhaps, i would also have the same issues as OP if i maybe did go shorter on the sides even to a more "reasonable" guard of 2/3, and if that happened, i can assure you, i would 1 million percent not be happy. Visually my hair appears without issues in terms of donor at the current length and i do actually prefer to keep it longer, but a few have also asked me about the donor area, and the truth is apart from the 1st month post-op shots, i don't really have much more pictures with short hair.

I consulted with eugenix but saw this post and seeing that I wanted similar goals, being able to cut my hair short without it looking too bad and the fact that it would be harder to fly to India then say Europe, I decided to go to Belgium instead, I did believe that the scaling is affecting them and hope that they get it together as they have truly amazing results on this forum, OP you should try to see if you can get a repair there’s still hope 

On 11/19/2022 at 9:08 PM, mrmane85 said:

What is the plan now @Captain Haddock? Have you scheduled a consultation with any elite repair surgeons? 

Well, thankfully God has given me good native hair, with some smart planning, I am now camouflaging the the botch up a tad better. I do 1.5 guard on the sides and 1 guard on the transplanted temples and that evens the look from a distance. However, if you get a little close (family, girlfriend) - they can see it. The angulations and thicker follicles stand out in every possible way no matter what you do. This means that when I meet someone new, and they up close, I am very self conscious. As for the donor, I am doing a 2 guard.

God forbid this ever happens to someone, they would have to undergo the pain of having to explain the specifics of how the hair should be cut to the barber in front of a bunch of people, and have them wondering why the hell one half of their temple angulates totally opposite to the rest of the area - it's all a huge punishment in itself. Your barbers will remember you.

My first priority is to fix my temples, I am currently considering Freitas or Couto, but I haven't gone ahead and sent any comms. Keeping a little busy with life. Perhaps I will the beginning of next year. 

As a matter of fact, I am looking at the option of getting an SMP - I wonder if that hurts the chances of doing another procedure. 

On 11/20/2022 at 3:21 AM, GoliGoliGoli said:

What's worse is the response posted by the clinic a few pages back and also the conversation @drawdownfxrelayed at the top of this page. It would be better if they came out and said "Look all clinics have bad results, this one is one of ours." Instead they seem to be deflecting. I get that it's a tricky place for the clinic to be because a lot of patients have great results and still end up complaining to the clinic, but this is so clearly an example of clinic failure that it's tough to see them respond this way. 

I would've probably gone back to them had they been transparent, honest and reasonable in their answers. Their PR/marketing guys are horrible, and by the looks of it they are only relaying what the doctors want them to, as Dr. Sethi has made it clear to @drawdownfx that I'm responsible for the horrible temple results as I "slept on the wrong side of the bed". That is such an arrogant response to give about a patient who is already suffering the ill effects of a sub par HT. Does Dr. Sethi ever consider the mental state of his patients before making such remarks? I would be walking into my grave if I go back to Eugenix.  

We saw a chain of patients/posts talk about how kind/ethical/moral the doctors are, but in my opinion it all comes down to how they handle a case gone wrong. To their credit they did offer a touch up, but what they didn't do is own up to the mistakes they made in the previous procedure, reason why they happened or what they would do different. Instead their comms are "tell us what you want" - how the hell am I supposed to know what needs to be done to fix my hair? I am not a surgeon. 

Eugenix barely spent any time on me on the day of my procedure, ruined my donor and temple area, blamed me for my results, and now expect me to walk back in. Yeah, I am must be crazy. 

20 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Good point made. Don't just go on pictures and someone's experience. This goes back to an earlier post I made - judge how much time the doctor has for YOU and YOUR CASE. All clinics will provide preferential treatment and bonuses to a few patients every year as these patients will now generate positive word of mouth and reputation. It is these people who post on forums and you end up seeing most of the times.

Bunch of people on the internet having a great time and a good result /= you having a great time and a good result.

Eugenix has a private villa for those who fly in from abroad (also other high profile clients in India), in contrast I received about 10 minutes of attention on the day of my HT

18 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

His response was along the lines of 'if you aren't willing to keep your hair long maybe hair transplant is not for you'. I respect his opinion but I somewhat disagree with it.

Perhaps what he means is that hair transplant with Eugenix is not for you and those who want a decent donor area.

Edited by Captain Haddock
Grammar
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

Well, thankfully God has given me good native hair, with some smart planning, I am now camouflaging the the botch up a tad better. I do 1.5 guard on the sides and 1 guard on the transplanted temples and that evens the look from a distance. However, if you get a little close (family, girlfriend) - they can see it. The angulations and thicker follicles stand out in every possible way no matter what you do. This means that when I meet someone new, and they up close, I am very self conscious. As for the donor, I am doing a 2 guard.

My first priority is to fix my temples, I am currently considering Freitas or Couto, but I haven't gone ahead and sent any comms. Keeping a little busy with life. Perhaps I will the beginning of next year. 

As a matter of fact, I am looking at the option of getting an SMP - I wonder if that hurts the chances of doing another procedure. 

I would've probably gone back to them had they been transparent, honest and reasonable in their answers. Their PR/marketing guys are horrible, and by the looks of it they are only relaying what the doctors want them to, as Dr. Sethi has made it clear to @drawdownfx that I'm responsible for the horrible temple results as I "slept on the wrong side of the bed". That is such an arrogant response to give about a patient who is already suffering the ill effects of a sub par HT. Does Dr. Sethi ever consider the mental state of his patients before making such remarks? I would be walking into my grave if I go back to Eugenix.  

We saw a chain of patients/posts talk about how kind/ethical/moral the doctors are, but in my opinion it all comes down to how they handle a case gone wrong. To their credit they did offer a touch up, but what they didn't do is own up to the mistakes they made in the previous procedure, reason why they happened or what they would do different. Instead their comms are "tell us what you want" - how the hell am I supposed to know what needs to be done to fix my hair? I am not a surgeon. 

Eugenix barely spent any time on me on the day of my procedure, ruined my donor and temple area, blamed me for my results, and now expect me to walk back in. Yeah, I am must be crazy. 

Good point made. Don't just go on pictures and someone's experience. This goes back to an earlier post I made - judge how much time the doctor has for YOU and YOUR CASE. All clinics will provide preferential treatment and bonuses to a few patients every year as these patients will now generate positive word of mouth and reputation. It is these people who post on forums and you end up seeing most of the times.

Bunch of people on the internet having a great time and a good result /= you having a great time and a good result.

Eugenix has a private villa for those who fly in from abroad (also other high profile clients in India), in contrast I received about 10 minutes of attention on the day of my HT

Perhaps what he means is that hair transplant with Eugenix is not for you.

Glad to hear from you OP. 

I think Dr Cuoto would be an amazing choice and knows how to deal with thicker hair too, but think his wait list is really full for years and even to get in touch for a consultation seems to be closed atm. 

Drawdownfx is going to Dr De Freitas soon and would probably be a great time to get his experience on how things went for a more personal opinion. 

I definitely think your case was not handled well at all tbh and i completely understand why you didn't want to return. I do sincerely hope you get the outcome you wanted to all along and i think it's really unfortunate how things unfolded thus far. Thanks again for sharing the full journey with us and i hope you'll keep us in the loop for any future updates if you do get things sorted elsewhere. 

All the best. 

38 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

God forbid this ever happens to someone, they would have to undergo the pain of having to explain the specifics of how the hair should be cut to the barber in front of a bunch of people, and have them wondering why the hell one half of their temple angulates totally opposite to the rest of the area - it's all a huge punishment in itself. Your barbers will remember you.

Perhaps what he means is that hair transplant with Eugenix is not for you and those who want a decent donor area.

I also have incorrectly angled temple hairs and on top of that, it's mainly made up by 2 hair grafts. 

I'm having a consultation with Dr Feriduni in January as I've seen a lot of good repair work from him..

I've also sent a request to Dr Pinto too, although the consultation time will likely be mid to late next year.  

Would it be possible for you to share some more close-up photos of your donor area? The error on the left temple is clearly attributable to Eugenix mistake; but the donor area issue is more interesting to me as it’s debatable what exactly happened. 

Sometimes I feel like humans natural hair density varies slightly across the head, and so even if a clinic does an acceptable job at extraction, it could leave areas looking too thin or too depleted. Even in my case which seems to be progressing very well, there is a slight “line” in the donor area that looks slightly more depleted than the rest, but it’s so minor that it’s no significant concern to me. 

I would be interested to see some close-up/magnified images of the donor area depletion areas.

Also separately, I respectfully just find it unexpected that all your comments about your procedure were positive for many months until recently and now you’re criticizing how the team handled you on the day of the operation. Clearly they are at fault for the temple botch and donor area, but why were you first praising the way you were treated during your procedure and why are you now saying you felt neglected? Just curious to understand better. Hoping the best for any repair work you have done.

Edited by general-etwan

24 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Would it be possible for you to share some more close-up photos of your donor area? The error on the left temple is clearly attributable to Eugenix mistake; but the donor area issue is more interesting to me as it’s debatable what exactly happened. 

Mate, I'm not trying to stir anything up but it seems you are in every thread defending Eugenix anytime something comes up. I understand you want to support the clinic you chose for your personal work, but there is no way anyone's donor should be left looking like that after 1400 grafts or whatever small amount it was that OP got. 

20 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Mate, I'm not trying to stir anything up but it seems you are in every thread defending Eugenix anytime something comes up. I understand you want to support the clinic you chose for your personal work, but there is no way anyone's donor should be left looking like that after 1400 grafts or whatever small amount it was that OP got. 

You certainly are trying to stir things up because you just made this up out of nowhere. I am not nearly as active on here as many others, nor have I weighed in on many Eugenix cases other than my own, and have not commented on any other Eugenix case of error other than this ONE. Why make things up? 

I’m not blindly supporting anyone or anything. I evaluate based on the facts. I asked for more close-up images of the extraction areas so that EVERYONE can benefit from seeing exactly how it looks up close. Everyone benefits from learning exactly how well or poor of a job was done, and it’s only more useful with more magnification.

Edited by general-etwan

20 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

You certainly are trying to stir things up because you just made this up out of nowhere. I am not nearly as active on here as many others, nor have I weighed in on many Eugenix cases other than my own, and have not commented on any other Eugenix case of error other than this ONE. Why make things up? 

I’m not blindly supporting anyone or anything. I evaluate based on the facts. I asked for more close-up images of the extraction areas so that EVERYONE can benefit from seeing exactly how it looks up close. Everyone benefits from learning exactly how well or poor of a job was done, and it’s only more useful with more magnification.

Take a look at the picture he posted of his donor after he got a fade. What more do you need to see? That is not how a donor should look after 1400 grafts regardless of any "variation in hair density". 

And also in the last paragraph pointing out how OP was excited and hopeful in the early stages only to change tune when he realized the results would not be as expected. No one wants to express bad aspects of their procedure prior to knowing how the results will come in because people think "Maybe I'm overreacting". This is a very common thing you see in threads here where everything starts off rosy. Hardly "unexpected". 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Take a look at the picture he posted of his donor after he got a fade. What more do you need to see? That is not how a donor should look after 1400 grafts regardless of any "variation in hair density". 

And hence I did not say it should look like that. I asked for more close up images because I’m interested in examining the extraction pattern in even more detail.

Maybe you’re just about throwing flippant judgments around from a distance based on whatever is most rational, but I’m interested in more specifics and learning as much as possible about things that go wrong. I don’t apologize for that. 

You said:

"The error on the left temple is clearly attributable to Eugenix mistake; but the donor area issue is more interesting to me as it’s debatable what exactly happened."

No, it isn't "debateable" what happened - he was over harvested in certain areas. And the fact that you would say it's debateable (Coincidentally when the error is with the same clinic you went to) shows that you either don't know what you're talking about or are just fanboying Eugenix. 

This will be my last response to you, I'm not trying to derail OP's thread. But it did seem a bit "gaslight-y" that you responded in such a way

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

1 hour ago, general-etwan said:

Sometimes I feel like humans natural hair density varies slightly across the head, and so even if a clinic does an acceptable job at extraction, it could leave areas looking too thin or too depleted. Even in my case which seems to be progressing very well, there is a slight “line” in the donor area that looks slightly more depleted than the rest, but it’s so minor that it’s no significant concern to me. 

I would be interested to see some close-up/magnified images of the donor area depletion areas.

Also separately, I respectfully just find it unexpected that all your comments about your procedure were positive for many months until recently and now you’re criticizing how the team handled you on the day of the operation. Clearly they are at fault for the temple botch and donor area, but why were you first praising the way you were treated during your procedure and why are you now saying you felt neglected? Just curious to understand better. Hoping the best for any repair work you have done.

Well when you get amazing results, you ignore/forgive the negative parts of your experience because that's overthinking. Only when things go wrong is when you analyse what must have gone wrong. There's nothing sinister here but only human nature. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

You said:

"The error on the left temple is clearly attributable to Eugenix mistake; but the donor area issue is more interesting to me as it’s debatable what exactly happened."

No, it isn't "debateable" what happened - he was over harvested in certain areas. And the fact that you would say it's debateable (Coincidentally when the error is with the same clinic you went to) shows that you either don't know what you're talking about or are just fanboying Eugenix. 

This will be my last response to you, I'm not trying to derail OP's thread. But it did seem a bit "gaslight-y" that you responded in such a way

Ultimately it’s up to OP if he wants to share any more up close photos of extraction area. I would like to personally examine it more magnified, but he may want to move forward and not spend any more time focusing on it, which is completely understandable. 

But you…for you to insinuate that I am either ignorant or fanboying, by lying saying I only ever defend Eugenix (demonstrated false by the very words you quoted) is not right and a bit disrespectful to the time and effort I try to put forward whenever I engage in hair restoration discussion. I genuinely want to examine as much as possible.

OP, I completely understand if you’d rather just move forward and not revisit anything. I just happened to look into this case more recently and was curious to see more up close. No harm meant. 

Edited by general-etwan
Edited to be more cordial

1 hour ago, keratin_matters said:

Well when you get amazing results, you ignore/forgive the negative parts of your experience because that's overthinking. Only when things go wrong is when you analyse what must have gone wrong. There's nothing sinister here but only human nature. 

Absolutely; should clarify I wasn’t questioning if there was anything sinister. Rather interested in the very psychology of changing perspective of the experience itself depending on particular future results. I just find it genuinely interesting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, general-etwan said:

This thread keeps on giving some interesting arguments. From hair follicles magically re-angulating themselves into correct positions, to now me having variable donor density. 

True or not - they all have one thing in common : to play with the vulnerable psyche of the patient, cause doubt in their natural convictions and eventually leave them to blame their own physiology for their suffering. This sort of behaviour is toxic and borderline criminal in my opinion.

@general-etwan  has exhibited similar behaviour before in my thread :

On 5/16/2022 at 5:33 AM, general-etwan said:

This is an odd mishandled case for sure...your donor area doesn't look overharvested to me, though; it looks to me that too much was taken from specific areas and not enough from others. The grafts should have been taken more uniformly across the entire back of your head. How they could have been taken in isolated patches like that...hard to understand.

I did not respond at the time, now I will. 

1. This isn't an odd mishandled case by Eugenix. As many others have already noted, several other patients have come forth in their respective threads highlighting poor results, angulations and donor areas. I am not going to list them all out here as my objective is not to bash the clinic whenever I have a chance. 

2. You are right when you say "too much was taken from specific areas" : this is because homogenous extraction is a tedious process and Dr. Arika was too lazy to do that on Dec 10th 2020, when she had other patients, like @Wandererind to attend to as I was lying on the surgery table waiting for someone to restart extracting grafts. You have to pump in anaesthesia, wait, extract and then repeat. It needs a doctor who cares about you on your big day. The Eugenix model works on scale, and they simply cannot afford to spend too much time on a single patient. They have a deadline and they have to finish up by then so they can move onto the next patient. 

The next time I muster the courage to get a fade, I shall make it a point to post them here. It is a difficult experience to sit through a fade as a lot of people get to see the donor bare bones. Plus I have to carry it around to the office. That takes a toll on my mental health. 

I was a religious patient who trusted his doctors over his own judgement for over a year. I did my duty to make sure nothing was amiss from my end. In fact, arguments similar to the kind you make are the ones that got me. I truly believed that my grafts would just magically realign themselves after a few months. 

Since then it has dawned on me that clinics often promise miracles to patients they botched to delay the aftermath of an angry patient and limit the blast radius:

"the donor is experiencing a shock loss, it'll get better"..."we know it's been 6 months now, but the true magic happens when you hit the 9th month"..."sometimes patients continue to grow hair even after 2 years, so you gotta wait"...we've all heard that before. Add to the mix a bunch of patron patients like @general-etwan, who egg on and cheer from the sidelines, people who are truly victims have no option to believe what is being told to them. 

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, general-etwan said:

If you have a look at the current pictures you can see the above average density of OP. Based on everything mentioned here I think it’s pretty safe to assume that op’s relatively straightforward case (nothing is straight forward but this wasn’t a botched patient who needed repair work) was taken for granted and he was botched as a result. This should serve as a good lesson for someone going to a clinic that has a lot of techs working on their head.

I appreciate your willingnesss to learn more about op’s donor density but all the relevant pictures are already there to make an educated decision on what has happened here. Reaching with things like this will only add salt to the wound for someone who hasn’t received the right after care for his hair transplant. 

Edited by drawdownfx
  • Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

3 hours ago, Captain Haddock said:

This thread keeps on giving some interesting arguments. From hair follicles magically re-angulating themselves into correct positions, to now me having variable donor density. 

True or not - they all have one thing in common : to play with the vulnerable psyche of the patient, cause doubt in their natural convictions and eventually leave them to blame their own physiology for their suffering. This sort of behaviour is toxic and borderline criminal in my opinion.

@general-etwan  has exhibited similar behaviour before in my thread :

I did not respond at the time, now I will. 

1. This isn't an odd mishandled case by Eugenix. As many others have already noted, several other patients have come forth in their respective threads highlighting poor results, angulations and donor areas. I am not going to list them all out here as my objective is not to bash the clinic whenever I have a chance. 

2. You are right when you say "too much was taken from specific areas" : this is because homogenous extraction is a tedious process and Dr. Arika was too lazy to do that on Dec 10th 2020, when she had other patients, like @Wandererind to attend to as I was lying on the surgery table waiting for someone to restart extracting grafts. You have to pump in anaesthesia, wait, extract and then repeat. It needs a doctor who cares about you on your big day. The Eugenix model works on scale, and they simply cannot afford to spend too much time on a single patient. They have a deadline and they have to finish up by then so they can move onto the next patient. 

The next time I muster the courage to get a fade, I shall make it a point to post them here. It is a difficult experience to sit through a fade as a lot of people get to see the donor bare bones. Plus I have to carry it around to the office. That takes a toll on my mental health. 

I was a religious patient who trusted his doctors over his own judgement for over a year. I did my duty to make sure nothing was amiss from my end. In fact, arguments similar to the kind you make are the ones that got me. I truly believed that my grafts would just magically realign themselves after a few months. 

Since then it has dawned on me that clinics often promise miracles to patients they botched to delay the aftermath of an angry patient and limit the blast radius:

"the donor is experiencing a shock loss, it'll get better"..."we know it's been 6 months now, but the true magic happens when you hit the 9th month"..."sometimes patients continue to grow hair even after 2 years, so you gotta wait"...we've all heard that before. Add to the mix a bunch of patron patients like @general-etwan, who egg on and cheer from the sidelines, people who are truly victims have no option to believe what is being told to them. 

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Well; I did not expect to be met with such a nasty post upon arriving home today, but I will pour my full effort into a response because it's the right thing to do, and I don't think your words are based in hate, but instead a lack of mutual understanding. It is such a shame to me that this type of speech and rhetoric is chosen in a community where I'm sure the vast majority of people are simply trying to help each other in whatever ways possible.

You know, @Captain Haddock, when I first came across your thread and experience, it was a year and a half after your procedure, so I actually viewed the most recent posts and images first and then read backward in time. I immediately could tell that your left temple work was insufficient because I saw your 1.5 year results first. Bad angle of hairs overall, and the hair characteristics do not match your native temple hair nearly well enough. That is clear. It was interesting to read back in time and see how the vast majority of people who weighed in thought it was fine, yourself included, most of the time...until it became undeniable that the left temple work was simply not done well and would never fully "blend in."

You just asserted that all of those people who thought early on that the temple would end up being fine were doing so to deliberately fool and bamboozle you, with toxic and criminal intent. That is a pretty wild, awful, and misguided thing to allege. 

I have not "exhibited" any sort of "behavior" that you allege. My comments from 5/2022 involved me being mistaken in using an improper term to describe what occurred in your donor area. I was very new to hair transplant diction and lingo at that time, and I incorrectly thought that "overharvested" was a term used only to describe an entire donor area that too many grafts were taken from. I fully acknowledged that the pattern of grafts taken from your donor appeared to be a problem, as clearly there are particular areas where too many grafts were taken vs other surrounding areas. I did not know at the time that "overharvested" was the common term used to describe that specifically. My description of your donor area situation was completely accurate; I was simply mistaken in not using the correct term at the time. 

1. This isn't odd or mishandled? Sure seems like your temple and donor area were mishandled to a certain degree; I thought that was exactly the point you've been trying to make since realizing you're unhappy with your final results. I stand by my characterization of your procedure being mishandled, and it is indeed odd to me that they would do that work on the left temple like that. Clearly not sufficient, and I would be unsatisfied with that exactly as you were.

2. Thank you for acknowledging that my words and descriptions relating to your donor area were accurate and correct. 

As for you saying that you were a religious patient and truly believed the grafts would magically realign themselves, and trying to make a connection between that and anything I've said...no no no. Don't you dare. Never have I nor would I ever say anything so egregious. I am truly sorry for your situation if anyone said things like that to you, and it is unfortunate that you felt in a position to believe anything like that. We all go through difficult periods of being ignorant and learning, and so we all owe it to ourselves and to others to be as careful as possible not to pass on poor advice or information to others that could negatively affect their lives. I try to be conscious of that every day and I hope others make that effort as well.

Lastly, the insults and name calling is uncalled for. For you to call me a "patron patient," as someone who has gone on a HT journey just like you and like so many of us here, and as someone who volunteers my time in trying to help other men and women suffering from hair loss in as many ways I can, including during my work days when sometimes I only have a few seconds to skim images or comments...for you to insult me in that manner is out of line and misguided. I can try to imagine the personal disappointment you have over the specific problems from your procedure (and I actually agree with a lot of what you said specifically about radical and unhelpful claims of needing to wait beyond 6 months to see any results, or beyond 1-2 years to see full results, etc.) but your situation today is no one else's fault here, and do not speak to me that way.

The vast majority of people here want everyone to succeed in their HTs and journeys and we volunteer our time to try to help, assist, and encourage others. I would bet that most of the time when people are wrong about something, or something comes across as "criminal" (in your words), there is no harm intended and it is simply something that has to be worked out and talked out in the public sphere. Not everyone is going to have the exact same understanding of a situation at the exact same time. We can simply try our best while also vowing to be as respectful and kind as possible.

And don’t worry about any additional pictures. I’m sure you want to move forward and focus on your future. Please do that. I don’t want to cause any more negativity. Let’s try to be happy and hopefully you’ll have some positive things to share at some point in the future. 👍

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 2

Absolutely disgraceful from the clinic, eugenix have poor donor management . Look at a video with Rolandas and dr sethi where he even says the hair at the back not important . If the guy at the top says that then no wonder eugenix has a lot of botched donors. Place is a hair mill, Melvin never comments on poor cases and just good ones which shows what a bias buffoon he is lol

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Hibye said:

Absolutely disgraceful from the clinic, eugenix have poor donor management . Look at a video with Rolandas and dr sethi where he even says the hair at the back not important . If the guy at the top says that then no wonder eugenix has a lot of botched donors. Place is a hair mill, Melvin never comments on poor cases and just good ones which shows what a bias buffoon he is lol

We can recognize cases of error without resorting to such egregious, dishonest, and wildly inaccurate words. 👎

Edited by general-etwan

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Hibye said:

Sukh123 7th account now, dude get a life. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.