Frontal NW2 Restoration @ Eugenix | M 26 | December 10th

@Captain Haddock I feel for you in regards to the issues you are faced to deal with. I’m in a similar situation but I made the mistake of going back to the same surgeon who ended up making things worse. I think your decision to not go back to the clinic is a very logical one. I hope you are able to find a good clinic for repair. 

This is an odd mishandled case for sure...your donor area doesn't look overharvested to me, though; it looks to me that too much was taken from specific areas and not enough from others. The grafts should have been taken more uniformly across the entire back of your head. How they could have been taken in isolated patches like that...hard to understand.

1 hour ago, general-etwan said:

This is an odd mishandled case for sure...your donor area doesn't look overharvested to me, though; it looks to me that too much was taken from specific areas and not enough from others. The grafts should have been taken more uniformly across the entire back of your head. How they could have been taken in isolated patches like that...hard to understand.

You are saying it is not overharvesting then you are describing that he is overharvested, you can overharvest on a case with only 250 grafts extracted if you want to. The extraction in all cases need to be extracted homogenously, to remove too many grafts in a certain area makes that area overharvested even if you just remove a couple of hundred grafts.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, digi23 said:

You are saying it is not overharvesting then you are describing that he is overharvested, you can overharvest on a case with only 250 grafts extracted if you want to. The extraction in all cases need to be extracted homogenously, to remove too many grafts in a certain area makes that area overharvested even if you just remove a couple of hundred grafts.

I don’t agree. In my interpretation, overharvesting is the removal of too many follicular units from the overall donor area. Choosing an arbitrary confined area on which to evaluate isn’t helpful; as an industry we evaluate the entire donor area. 

250 would not be an overharvesting. Poor pattern of removal is more so poor harvesting. But it’s not a big deal as long as you can describe the situation accurately. 

https://www.chicagohairinstitute.com/blog/2020/02/18/hair-loss-retreatment-for-overharvesting-204005

Edited by general-etwan

1 hour ago, general-etwan said:

I don’t agree. In my interpretation, overharvesting is the removal of too many follicular units from the overall donor area. Choosing an arbitrary confined area on which to evaluate isn’t helpful; as an industry we evaluate the entire donor area. 

250 would not be an overharvesting. Poor pattern of removal is more so poor harvesting. But it’s not a big deal as long as you can describe the situation accurately. 

https://www.chicagohairinstitute.com/blog/2020/02/18/hair-loss-retreatment-for-overharvesting-204005

I would say that people will see if in different lenses but to me, if you specifically have an area used to extract follicles and its left looking like what OP had or similar, the graft number in my eyes at least is irrelevant. That particular area has been over harvested. 

Sure, technically you could swap hairs around from the scalp and donor to fill them in, but it simply shouldn't be happening in the first place from any well regarded clinic at all. It's a very basic thing to get wrong and it can cause huge anxiety to the individual if they were expecting to be able to keep their hair short and chose FUE for that reason like many do and perhaps OP did. 

I have seen much higher graft numbers extracted and when kept that short, it looks immaculate. So this is an area specific overharvesting imo. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I would say that people will see if in different lenses but to me, if you specifically have an area used to extract follicles and its left looking like what OP had or similar, the graft number in my eyes at least is irrelevant. That particular area has been over harvested. 

Sure, technically you could swap hairs around from the scalp and donor to fill them in, but it simply shouldn't be happening in the first place from any well regarded clinic at all. It's a very basic thing to get wrong and it can cause huge anxiety to the individual if they were expecting to be able to keep their hair short and chose FUE for that reason like many do and perhaps OP did. 

I have seen much higher graft numbers extracted and when kept that short, it looks immaculate. So this is an area specific overharvesting imo. 

Of course. Exactly what I believed I was saying. The point is there weren’t too many grafts harvested; there was something really wrong with the pattern of harvesting. I hope OP can improve this situation. 

Edited by general-etwan

20 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Removal of too many follicular units from the overall donor area is called donor depletion. Donor overharvesting can as I said be done with 10 grafts extracted if youd like to, just remove 10 grafts that sit beside eachother and you have a small round gap.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, digi23 said:

Removal of too many follicular units from the overall donor area is called donor depletion. Donor overharvesting can as I said be done with 10 grafts extracted if youd like to, just remove 10 grafts that sit beside eachother and you have a small round gap.

It seems that many hair transplant sources would disagree with you as they cite overharvesting as the removal of too many grafts from the entire donor region.

Feel free to call it whatever you want based on your own arbitrary frame of reference. Everyone knows what you mean as long as it’s explained.

Edited by general-etwan

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 7:57 PM, NARMAK said:

I can't speak for the warning you've received but your choice of phrasing such as "His donor area is murdered" may be a bit top extreme of an exaggeration in the eyes of some. 

Dude, you’re telling me!. He gave me two warnings saying I shouldn’t use the B word and banned me for a month.

I didn’t know it was such a bad word man, and yes I may have come off as exaggerating perhaps but I was shocked at how “not good” for lack of a better word the result was and my post was in spur of the moment. It wasn’t even directed at the clinic or anyone in particular, just a verb to define an action. I still don’t know how to say it other way 😂

How angry are people here. Just chill man and talk. Like I am a real person, I can be talked to and definitely not over warnings 😂

Crazy. I guess hairloss makes people lose a sense of humour too 🥲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Euphoria said:

Dude, you’re telling me!. He gave me two warnings saying I shouldn’t use the B word and banned me for a month.

I didn’t know it was such a bad word man, and yes I may have come off as exaggerating perhaps but I was shocked at how “not good” for lack of a better word the result was and my post was in spur of the moment. It wasn’t even directed at the clinic or anyone in particular, just a verb to define an action. I still don’t know how to say it other way 😂

How angry are people here. Just chill man and talk. Like I am a real person, I can be talked to and definitely not over warnings 😂

Crazy. I guess hairloss makes people lose a sense of humour too 🥲

Yeh I agree they are very sensitive on this forum , I could not post one comment and it’s under moderation lol

• Like 1

So I met Dr Pradeep a couple of days ago, as I said I had a surgery booked with him which I was pretty much going to cancel after seeing some recent cases but also because of the heavy tech involvement even at the 350+Rs package. I was open to meet him though to see if he could relieve some of my concerns.

After showing him this case (among others) this is what he had to say (in brief summary):

Temple points

He said Eugenix has no reason to give someone a bad temple job, we offered many times that we can fix it for him (by implanting more grafts) but he refused this so what can we do? It could also be that he slept on the wrong side of the bed and due to that the angles came out poor. You cannot put all the blame on Eugenix.

I asked him about the possibility of  cases piling up for Dr Arika during the transition of scaling up with packages

He responded that this notion about Eugenix sacrificing in quality due to the scale up is nonsense and that they always prioritise quality, they have no reason to botch anybody as their name and reputation is on the line. He makes clear that he wants to create 10 more Dr Pradeep's and that there is nothing wrong with scaling a business.

I asked him about the extractions and the fact that despite the hair being short it still looks overharvested in areas especially for only 1400 grafts.

He said everyone has different skin and genetics, the extractions were fine and he wasn't sure why captain haddock leaves his hair short, if Eugenix failed to tell him about this then Eugenix has failed in educating their patient about how a hair transplant occurs and the limitations of it. Overall he denies any over harvesting and says captain haddock must leave his hair longer to disguise.

In Conclusion I have to say Dr Pradeep is definitely a passionate individual and cares a lot about his brand and the work he does, I respect him for that. The insensitivity that I felt from him though for the patients who have had sub par results didn't digest 100% for me. At the end of the day Eugenix have good results and some sub par results it is on you to do your research to see whether a clinic is right for you and your needs.

P.S. I have been told by captain haddock to post this as he feels it's relevant to his case.

• Like 8

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

On 5/31/2022 at 7:57 PM, Euphoria said:

There are 883 instances of the word "butchered" being used in this forum. I've come across the word many times in the past, but you must've been the first one to receive a warning for it. Plus, you never called the doctors butchers, just the state of my donor, as @GeneralNorwood earlier pointed out. Someone obviously went out of their way to misrepresent your words so that you may be warned.

It seems many people, including me, have been warned on this thread for merely trying to put our opinions forward.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 6

This is really disappointing all around. I mean, you have wonderful hair, but 1,400 grafts shouldn't make your donor look like that. I wish Eugenix had provided a better, more empathetic response instead of placing blame on you. There's plenty of people here who have their hair short without the donor overharvest appearance.

Ugh. Eugenix seems to be exceptional the majority of the time. I hope they don't go the way of ASMED, where the rise in popularity results in cases like this. Anyways, if you find a solid repair doctor like Bisanga, perhaps he can move some hairs around the donor to restore its look. Wishing you all the best! Please keep us informed and updated.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 3:47 PM, drawdownfx said:

So I met Dr Pradeep a couple of days ago, as I said I had a surgery booked with him which I was pretty much going to cancel after seeing some recent cases but also because of the heavy tech involvement even at the 350+Rs package. I was open to meet him though to see if he could relieve some of my concerns.

After showing him this case (among others) this is what he had to say (in brief summary):

Temple points

He said Eugenix has no reason to give someone a bad temple job, we offered many times that we can fix it for him (by implanting more grafts) but he refused this so what can we do? It could also be that he slept on the wrong side of the bed and due to that the angles came out poor. You cannot put all the blame on Eugenix.

I asked him about the possibility of  cases piling up for Dr Arika during the transition of scaling up with packages

He responded that this notion about Eugenix sacrificing in quality due to the scale up is nonsense and that they always prioritise quality, they have no reason to botch anybody as their name and reputation is on the line. He makes clear that he wants to create 10 more Dr Pradeep's and that there is nothing wrong with scaling a business.

I asked him about the extractions and the fact that despite the hair being short it still looks overharvested in areas especially for only 1400 grafts.

He said everyone has different skin and genetics, the extractions were fine and he wasn't sure why captain haddock leaves his hair short, if Eugenix failed to tell him about this then Eugenix has failed in educating their patient about how a hair transplant occurs and the limitations of it. Overall he denies any over harvesting and says captain haddock must leave his hair longer to disguise.

In Conclusion I have to say Dr Pradeep is definitely a passionate individual and cares a lot about his brand and the work he does, I respect him for that. The insensitivity that I felt from him though for the patients who have had sub par results didn't digest 100% for me. At the end of the day Eugenix have good results and some sub par results it is on you to do your research to see whether a clinic is right for you and your needs.

P.S. I have been told by captain haddock to post this as he feels it's relevant to his case.

I’m not sure I agree with some of these statements.

The incisions influence the direction of the hair, not the sleeping position of the patient….

if extractions are not spaced appropriately, then there can be visual differences in the final look of the donor. “Skin and genetics” don’t have an effect on whether or not the donor is appropriately harvested

Most patients get fue in order to have the ability to wear shorter hairstyles in the donor. Otherwise, why not just get fut and have a larger lifetime supply of grafts before having to tap into body hair?

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

There's no "growth" in the donor area, and there isn't any chance of growth once the furniture has been disturbed. The pictures I posted were 15 months post surgery.

I'm not sure I understand your question right. Once the follicles have been removed, they don't come back, and this is why they have to be removed homogeneously. 

When done in a haphazard manner, especially with a big punch (like the one eugenix uses), the look lasts you forever. 

I'm considering an SMP across the donor region soon. I may post results of that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rsb said:

Hi, can I know the price per graft in INR for your surgery? Also do they charge GST on the top of it?

Well at the time I got the surgery I paid Rs. 120/graft. And yes it did have GST on top of it. I guess prices have changed now.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 6:37 AM, Captain Haddock said:

There's no "growth" in the donor area, and there isn't any chance of growth once the furniture has been disturbed. The pictures I posted were 15 months post surgery.

I'm not sure I understand your question right. Once the follicles have been removed, they don't come back, and this is why they have to be removed homogeneously. 

When done in a haphazard manner, especially with a big punch (like the one eugenix uses), the look lasts you forever. 

I'm considering an SMP across the donor region soon. I may post results of that.

Do you have any recent pictures of the recipient as well as the donor mate?

I have to say the response from the Dr was really disappointing, it gives me red flags when they refuse to admit fault.. I wish the mods would press them for some proper answers here as I was considering them for my repair because I love their hairline designs and it seems at least in most cases they produce really nice results.. so what the hell happened here?? 

On 9/19/2022 at 1:32 PM, Captain Haddock said:

Well at the time I got the surgery I paid Rs. 120/graft. And yes it did have GST on top of it. I guess prices have changed now.

So now they quote 210 per graft with crutial extraction made by Dr Arika Bansal. And was abou booking operation in the start of November. Now, after wenr through the topic, I have to think twice. Thank's for you case my friend

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I think there’s too many threads like this that showcase the bad work coming from this clinic. This is (imo) a result of bad planning and execution, most likely due to the clinic scaling and doing too many patients at once. The donor is over harvested after a small amount of grafts, the temple point hairs are the totally wrong angle, and the actual grafts in the temple points are too thick and I see many doubles and possibly TRIPLES which really blows my mind.

Unacceptable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Personally, I think there’s too many threads like this that showcase the bad work coming from this clinic. This is (imo) a result of bad planning and execution, most likely due to the clinic scaling and doing too many patients at once. The donor is over harvested after a small amount of grafts, the temple point hairs are the totally wrong angle, and the actual grafts in the temple points are too thick and I see many doubles and possibly TRIPLES which really blows my mind.

Unacceptable 

What's worse is the response posted by the clinic a few pages back and also the conversation @drawdownfxrelayed at the top of this page. It would be better if they came out and said "Look all clinics have bad results, this one is one of ours." Instead they seem to be deflecting. I get that it's a tricky place for the clinic to be because a lot of patients have great results and still end up complaining to the clinic, but this is so clearly an example of clinic failure that it's tough to see them respond this way. 

• Like 1