Frontal NW2 Restoration @ Eugenix | M 26 | December 10th

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Skillachi said:

Get some under eye cream mr xyon is Greta but I don’t use it because I’m a fraud , lmao machovato said your a idiot too and stopped using the forum because your a douche 

Actually, i’ll be creating a journey thread very soon. But that has nothing to do with this thread. As for @MachoVato I’ve never had any negative interactions with him, but I’m open to having a discussion with him if that’s the case. 

At the end, I think your character is showing making personal attacks, creating duplicate accounts, and de-railing legitimate threads. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/7/2022 at 8:12 AM, Captain Haddock said:

Got a fade cut today and it's interesting to note how bad my extraction looks.

At the time I got the surgery I was under the impression that it was a shock loss and a lot of people affirmed but it seems like my donor wasn't operated on carefully. 

Especially when you're just 1.4K grafts down. It shouldn't really look like this.

IMG-20220503-WA0005.jpg

Just catching up on this thread but this looks extremely bad on just 1.4k grafts. Looking at the immediate post op that donor looks like it was extracted for over 2.0-2.5k grafts. I'm hoping the transection rate wasn't bad

On 6/1/2022 at 5:47 PM, drawdownfx said:

So I met Dr Pradeep a couple of days ago, as I said I had a surgery booked with him which I was pretty much going to cancel after seeing some recent cases but also because of the heavy tech involvement even at the 350+Rs package. I was open to meet him though to see if he could relieve some of my concerns.

After showing him this case (among others) this is what he had to say (in brief summary):

Temple points

He said Eugenix has no reason to give someone a bad temple job, we offered many times that we can fix it for him (by implanting more grafts) but he refused this so what can we do? It could also be that he slept on the wrong side of the bed and due to that the angles came out poor. You cannot put all the blame on Eugenix.

I asked him about the possibility of  cases piling up for Dr Arika during the transition of scaling up with packages

He responded that this notion about Eugenix sacrificing in quality due to the scale up is nonsense and that they always prioritise quality, they have no reason to botch anybody as their name and reputation is on the line. He makes clear that he wants to create 10 more Dr Pradeep's and that there is nothing wrong with scaling a business.

I asked him about the extractions and the fact that despite the hair being short it still looks overharvested in areas especially for only 1400 grafts.

He said everyone has different skin and genetics, the extractions were fine and he wasn't sure why captain haddock leaves his hair short, if Eugenix failed to tell him about this then Eugenix has failed in educating their patient about how a hair transplant occurs and the limitations of it. Overall he denies any over harvesting and says captain haddock must leave his hair longer to disguise.

In Conclusion I have to say Dr Pradeep is definitely a passionate individual and cares a lot about his brand and the work he does, I respect him for that. The insensitivity that I felt from him though for the patients who have had sub par results didn't digest 100% for me. At the end of the day Eugenix have good results and some sub par results it is on you to do your research to see whether a clinic is right for you and your needs.

P.S. I have been told by captain haddock to post this as he feels it's relevant to his case.

That excuse about a patient sleeping on his side to change the angle of the grafts is B.S. imo. 

I have NEVER read a single case where a person slept on the sides and the direction of the grafts changed. If anything the grafts would fall out but to change angle? you'd have to make a bigger hole in the skin and then rotate the grafts themselves. Friction of sleeping on a pillow has never given me any cuts or holes in my skin. 

That is a lousy excuse rather then just owning up that they made the mistake. Some of the top clinics in the world have made mistakes and own up to it and apologize and offer another surgery or refund. Similar to Konior, Rahal, etc. 

I would personally avoid going to a clinic that doesn't take blame. reminds me of AlviArmani

• Like 1

And for the record I think the transection rate is super low on this one and they over harvested a lot more grafts then 1400. 

The case below is what a donor looks like after 2120 grafts removed on a skin fade. Just a big mistake by Eugenix IMO. Good thing OP decided not to go back, I wouldn't either. 

7 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Since I got dragged into this... I don't like those temples at all. They remind me of my temples a lot!

Look at how my temples have different directions...

Don’t temples naturally grow in opposite directions? At least in some (or a lot) of people? My left side grows forward and my right side grows backward, and I’ve never had any temple work done.

• Valued Contributor
54 minutes ago, Parasol said:

Don’t temples naturally grow in opposite directions? At least in some (or a lot) of people? My left side grows forward and my right side grows backward, and I’ve never had any temple work done.

Often yes, because of the whorl pattern of the crow. My right side grows backwards and my left more straight down. 

This also explains why one of the OP’s temple points is fine and the other not so. I’d need to see better picks but it looks like the OP’s problem temple natively grows forward in a more pronounced why than most. I image this poses some issues with transplanting in the exact same direction, but if that’s the case then better to not touch them at all I’d have thought. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

That excuse about a patient sleeping on his side to change the angle of the grafts is B.S. imo. 

I have NEVER read a single case where a person slept on the sides and the direction of the grafts changed. If anything the grafts would fall out but to change angle? you'd have to make a bigger hole in the skin and then rotate the grafts themselves. Friction of sleeping on a pillow has never given me any cuts or holes in my skin. 

That is a lousy excuse rather then just owning up that they made the mistake. Some of the top clinics in the world have made mistakes and own up to it and apologize and offer another surgery or refund. Similar to Konior, Rahal, etc. 

I would personally avoid going to a clinic that doesn't take blame. reminds me of AlviArmani

Agreed. Incisions determine the angle of the hairs. That statement from the clinic is pretty ridiculous 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Parasol said:

This I don't know. You might be right, I just never saw pics of both temples side by side before.

Temples are notoriously difficult. The hair is finer caliber and lay down almost completely flat. Bisanga extracted grafts from around my ears for this, as I recall.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/26/2022 at 1:18 AM, Berba11 said:

Often yes, because of the whorl pattern of the crow. My right side grows backwards and my left more straight down. 

This also explains why one of the OP’s temple points is fine and the other not so. I’d need to see better picks but it looks like the OP’s problem temple natively grows forward in a more pronounced why than most. I image this poses some issues with transplanting in the exact same direction, but if that’s the case then better to not touch them at all I’d have thought. 

This is an astute observation and you are correct, well done. The temple points are almost never quite symmetric because they, along with the rest of the hair on the scalp, is simply an extension of the whorl pattern of the crown.

@Captain Haddock you have handled this with dignity and intelligence. It’s clear you are well educated on hair transplants. Reading your posts has been a pleasure. I hope you manage to resolve the issues and also remain positive for the aspects of the surgery that went very well.  As you say, God has granted you great native hair. You are by no means without recourse.

@NARMAK you too have an excellent eye for detail. You were the only one who picked up on the different calibers of hair used for the left temple point.

Edit: apologies for reviving this thread. I didn't realise it was too old to comment on. Sorry. I was trying to be supportive to the OP. 

Edited by Rafael Manelli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2023 at 11:55 PM, Rafael Manelli said:

Did your post op instructions say anything about sleeping on the wrong side of the bed?

No such instructions, we know by now it wasn't a serious comment from Dr. Sethi and he merely intended to mock my suffering.

On 4/23/2023 at 12:05 AM, Rafael Manelli said:

Edit: apologies for reviving this thread. I didn't realise it was too old to comment on. Sorry. I was trying to be supportive to the OP. 

Also why the apologies? There's no such rule that you can't comment on older threads - unless someone just made that up out of thin air to silence you.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 2
  • Well Done 1

• 6 months later...

@Captain Haddock Did your donor ever get better? SMP, PRP, beard grafts are things others have tried in similar situations with varying but decent success.

Did you have your temple points revised?

I wouldn't go back to Eugenix if you weren't happy with your results the first time. They are not as much of a mess as the Turkish hair mills but do have a tendency to get a bit sloppy at times.

You can't argue with the fact that your density was essentially completely filled in by 5.5 months though. Damn. Did you get PRP with your surgery?

I'm in the opposite situation at the same time point -- just over 5.5 months today. Masterful design but density kind of sucks.

It seems only ~30% of people get "everything" with a single pass, at least that's my impression from viewing a few thousand cases here and on the other forums. The rest either just accept it and move on or go in for a second pass.

On 11/25/2022 at 3:50 PM, stephcurry30 said:

Constant pressure over time can change the angle at which a graft grows. Think of people who always comb their hair in a certain style and develop a permanent "part". It's not a stasis chamber under your skin.

Edited by consequence

57 minutes ago, consequence said:

Constant pressure over time can change the angle at which a graft grows. Think of people who always comb their hair in a certain style and develop a permanent "part". It's not a stasis chamber under your skin.

My left temple points is weaker too and needs revision. And yes i sleep mostly on the left side. If this is a thing, why Eugenix isn't informing patients about this issue? 

4 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

My left temple points is weaker too and needs revision. And yes i sleep mostly on the left side. If this is a thing, why Eugenix isn't informing patients about this issue? 

A lot of people have one side stronger than the other, my left side is weaker too and will probably need a revision down the line.

I don't think any studies have been done on it and I'm not sure it affects yield as much as directionality but who knows.

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2022 at 1:46 PM, Captain Haddock said:

This thread keeps on giving some interesting arguments. From hair follicles magically re-angulating themselves into correct positions, to now me having variable donor density. 

True or not - they all have one thing in common : to play with the vulnerable psyche of the patient, cause doubt in their natural convictions and eventually leave them to blame their own physiology for their suffering. This sort of behaviour is toxic and borderline criminal in my opinion.

"the donor is experiencing a shock loss, it'll get better"..."we know it's been 6 months now, but the true magic happens when you hit the 9th month"..."sometimes patients continue to grow hair even after 2 years, so you gotta wait"...we've all heard that before. Add to the mix a bunch of patron patients like @general-etwan, who egg on and cheer from the sidelines, people who are truly victims have no option to believe what is being told to them. 

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Thanks for sharing your story @Captain Haddock.

I wish I could talk to all Hair Transplant clinics and doctors around the world and tell them to memorize this phrase:

"Admit and fix".

That's it! That's all you need to do! Take this from a marketing professional - the BEST thing to do in these situations is NOT to create excuses or lie, but instead just apologize and offer to immediately fix.

I don't know why so many clinics want to play the blame game (or straight up lie). You look WAYYYYY better as an office if you can admit when someone went wrong, apologize, and then offer to fix it. Immediately.

I have a ton of respect for an office that can admit and fix. It makes me trust them even more, because I know *if* there is a mistake, I can trust them to fix it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buffaloboy said:

Thanks for sharing your story @Captain Haddock.

I wish I could talk to all Hair Transplant clinics and doctors around the world and tell them to memorize this phrase:

"Admit and fix".

That's it! That's all you need to do! Take this from a marketing professional - the BEST thing to do in these situations is NOT to create excuses or lie, but instead just apologize and offer to immediately fix.

I don't know why so many clinics want to play the blame game (or straight up lie). You look WAYYYYY better as an office if you can admit when someone went wrong, apologize, and then offer to fix it. Immediately.

I have a ton of respect for an office that can admit and fix. It makes me trust them even more, because I know *if* there is a mistake, I can trust them to fix it. 

Not only the clinic not admiting it, but also people here defending this saying everything is ok. Shameful.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 9:56 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

I warned you about your language. Calling doctors butchers is not appropriate. Many have stated their opinions without insulting. In the short time you’ve been here you’ve fear mongered minoxidil, insulted surgeons. Now you ask why? Perhaps our forum isn’t for you. 

OP's donor and left temple was butchered, so how is it wrong to call the people who did it to him butchers? Why is that not appropriate? It's not like he used a slur or a curse word lol. 

I know these posts are close to 2 years old, but Melvin, it's really disgraceful for you to be running cover for a clinic that has a demonstrated record of consistently botching people. To be clear by "botch" I mean sub-par and unnatural results that come from a lack of planning/execution on the clinics part. You're constantly in peoples threads gaslighting them and saying that things aren't so bad when clearly the clinic let their patient down. 

I could think of a lot worse words for Sethi and Bansal than "butchers". 

• Valued Contributor
56 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

OP's donor and left temple was butchered, so how is it wrong to call the people who did it to him butchers? Why is that not appropriate? It's not like he used a slur or a curse word lol. 

I know these posts are close to 2 years old, but Melvin, it's really disgraceful for you to be running cover for a clinic that has a demonstrated record of consistently botching people. To be clear by "botch" I mean sub-par and unnatural results that come from a lack of planning/execution on the clinics part. You're constantly in peoples threads gaslighting them and saying that things aren't so bad when clearly the clinic let their patient down. 

I could think of a lot worse words for Sethi and Bansal than "butchers". 

Planning/operational issues is something that many patients have remarked on with Eugenix across all packages/doctors, so is definitely an issue to be wary of. And certainly the OP's left temple hasn't been treated with the care it should have and the donor is uncharacteristically patchy (whatever Eugenix's faults may be, donor management is very rarely one of them). Luckily the OP's problem temple looks perfectly fine when the hair is grown out a bit, albeit that's obviously limiting and not ideal. I should add that even nicely done temple points will start to reveal themselves at shorter buzz cut lengths due to the implanted hair being thicker than native temple point hair, but that's part of why getting the directions and singles right is so important.

I think the word "botched" is a bit up for debate here (I'd probably just about agree with you based on your definition) but "butchers" is way over the top. Bear in mind I say that as someone who has documented some issues with their own HT by the same clinic and doctor, so could hardly be accused of "running cover" for Eugenix (and I don't think Melvin can fairly be accused of that either to be honest).

Posted (edited)

While I don’t condone users slagging doctors/clinics off for well below par results (just like this OPs results) there should absolutely be no defence of any clinic or doctor producing this kind of result. 

Whats a common theme with certain users all over patients threads who have been to Eugenix and had good results, they are constantly  stating “it’s amazing” after 1week on other patients journey… Get real… it’s such nonsense, the very same as you tell guys to wait 12months to see the result before judging, the same should apply in reverse. 

We are all here to benefit each other on the forum, not squabble amongst ourselves. When a result is poor it should be stated as such, there is no hiding from that. The contrary applies when a result is good. 

It is so clear the OP did not get the respect and dignity he deserved for this procedure… that is period. How do we know this?? We base it on the result and number of issues he has.. it’s a really poor result. 

Edited by Tommy1991
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 5:03 PM, Berba11 said:

I think the word "botched" is a bit up for debate here (I'd probably just about agree with you based on your definition) but "butchers" is way over the top. 

OP's donor was butchered. Now, just because of that alone I wouldn't call the clinic who did it to him "butchers".  Had they come out and admitted fault and did their best to make it right then I would find it acceptable. But instead they deflected, obfuscated, and patient blamed. This is what makes it fair to call them butchers. And I'm not going to be gaslit into pretending otherwise under a pretense of maintaining "civility". 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 6:29 PM, digi23 said:

It was pretty easy to spot at Day 10 that the temples would not look good, I had the same problem with mine. Transplanted hair is supposed to follow the directions of the native hair, the directions can vary but the Dr need to follow it for it to look natural. Ontop of that, they used wrong hair, they used to thick grafts.

Black = Transplanted hair

White = Native

image.png.ce2a665ff7f6bd21751420a8d321c66e.png

This is very, very concerning.

So concerning that I messaged Eugenix and asked if they are still doing temples this way or if they fixed their methods to start following the direction of the hair.

Unfortunately they responded and said they are still angling temples down and back.

This tells me that they don’t learn from their mistakes and are stubborn. I think i’m going to cancel my surgery with them 😔.

IMG_8120.thumb.jpeg.57cc96c3bb73f71f2511670e835e6d1b.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buffaloboy said:

This is very, very concerning.

So concerning that I messaged Eugenix and asked if they are still doing temples this way or if they fixed their methods to start following the direction of the hair.

Unfortunately they responded and said they are still angling temples down and back.

This tells me that they don’t learn from their mistakes and are stubborn. I think i’m going to cancel my surgery with them 😔.

IMG_8120.thumb.jpeg.57cc96c3bb73f71f2511670e835e6d1b.jpeg

Angling downward and backward is definitely the correct approach for temple points. I personally would not base my decision to cancel a procedure purely on that alone, especially when they are one of the few clinics that knows temple point re construction very well. No clinic is perfect, but it is truly the body of work that matters, and this thread doesn't represent that as its now been well over 3 years since that work was done. It seems like the only thing this thread is good for is anyone that feels like hating on the clinic and wanting to push people away from Eugenix. If your own research leads you to another clinic, go for it, but the overall exceptional results, and ethical business practices speak for themselves with Eugenix, and is the reason they have thousands of clients around the world with nothing less than elite results. They wouldn't be one of the most well respected clinics in the world if that was not the case. 

• Like 1