Dr. Konior 2100 grafts December 2020

By the way, @anotherhairlosssufferer, your hair is looking great. Well-packed in that frontal third and your donor region looks relatively unscathed. This is the exact procedure Konior quoted me and which I'm considering (trying to justify the price considering that, for only $3000 more than what Konior charges for 2000 grafts, I could have 4000 FUE grafts from a place like Hasson & Wong). The difference, of course, is that due to his artistry, precision, and survival rate, Konior makes 2000 grafts look like 4000.

• Like 3

On 12/24/2020 at 11:53 PM, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

3 weeks

Some random pics I just did at 3 weeks. I think overall this is going pretty good, let's see how it fares when the hair grows out longer. I think I am yet to start shedding so it'll get much worse before it gets better unfortunately.

What do yall think?

Front: there is definitely way more hair now compared to before but the area where I have native hair is clearly way more dense and darker. This is certainly to be expected and what matters is how it'll look once it grows to 2-3 inches.

4.thumb.jpg.8f230b9df708220e2abdb88909065e70.jpg

Front/Side - hairline has the lowest density but got the most grafts. Perhaps it's just that it has the least native hair?

1.thumb.jpg.1b8280d7f2665f65d013f168b58020b3.jpg

Side: I think it's obvious that the first inch in the temporal area where the hair was not extracted is more dense than the rest? I don't think it's noticeable unless you know what to look for, but will it get better eventually? Also makes me wonder what that means in terms of how much hair I have left in my donor.

3.thumb.jpg.18adc83c4d291f04f82ae8179fb7f719.jpg

Donor and the back of my head: looks like it's more dense in the occipital area.

2.thumb.jpeg.e4e375938a7adc9e4c9b381694e860de.jpeg

Also a funny story: my friend took a picture of me from relatively afar and I sent it to another friend and his first comment was "wait did you do a hair transplant"? I was super shocked as I didn't tell anyone and my first thought was that he noticed something unnatural and obvious in terms of work (I can't tell myself and nobody else said anything) but when I asked him why would he think that he said it just looks way more dense than before. In his defense from afar it does look more dense. We'll see how other people react, so far nobody said anything (but I also still didn't show this to someone close enough to me to not feel bad about making a comment) and I kinda expected to keep this a secret but perhaps I'll have to either admit I did something or come up with a comeback if this happens more. 

I’m wondering myself when the shedding will start, I haven’t really noticed anything coming out or on the shower floor yet.  I know better than to think it won’t happen, but from what I’ve read we’ll start seeing that around week 5/6.

My Hair Transplant: 12/14/2020, 2,380 FUT, Dr. Konior
Medication:  Finasteride 1mg daily (most days I remember)

I started shedding a couple of days ago, so around day 23 - by now there's lots and lots of hairs coming out when I shower and generally run my fingers through the hair. From what I read three weeks is a reasonable timeline, I really hope this is normal otherwise it's not good lol.

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

2 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

I started shedding a couple of days ago, so around day 23 - by now there's lots and lots of hairs coming out when I shower and generally run my fingers through the hair. From what I read three weeks is a reasonable timeline, I really hope this is normal otherwise it's not good lol.

Lol absolutely normal timing mate 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 5:53 AM, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

3 weeks

Some random pics I just did at 3 weeks. I think overall this is going pretty good, let's see how it fares when the hair grows out longer. I think I am yet to start shedding so it'll get much worse before it gets better unfortunately.

What do yall think?

Front: there is definitely way more hair now compared to before but the area where I have native hair is clearly way more dense and darker. This is certainly to be expected and what matters is how it'll look once it grows to 2-3 inches.

4.thumb.jpg.8f230b9df708220e2abdb88909065e70.jpg

Front/Side - hairline has the lowest density but got the most grafts. Perhaps it's just that it has the least native hair?

1.thumb.jpg.1b8280d7f2665f65d013f168b58020b3.jpg

Side: I think it's obvious that the first inch in the temporal area where the hair was not extracted is more dense than the rest? I don't think it's noticeable unless you know what to look for, but will it get better eventually? Also makes me wonder what that means in terms of how much hair I have left in my donor.

3.thumb.jpg.18adc83c4d291f04f82ae8179fb7f719.jpg

Donor and the back of my head: looks like it's more dense in the occipital area.

2.thumb.jpeg.e4e375938a7adc9e4c9b381694e860de.jpeg

Also a funny story: my friend took a picture of me from relatively afar and I sent it to another friend and his first comment was "wait did you do a hair transplant"? I was super shocked as I didn't tell anyone and my first thought was that he noticed something unnatural and obvious in terms of work (I can't tell myself and nobody else said anything) but when I asked him why would he think that he said it just looks way more dense than before. In his defense from afar it does look more dense. We'll see how other people react, so far nobody said anything (but I also still didn't show this to someone close enough to me to not feel bad about making a comment) and I kinda expected to keep this a secret but perhaps I'll have to either admit I did something or come up with a comeback if this happens more. 

Everything looks really clean. And the donor is impecable.

Cant wait to see the final result.

Thanks for sharing with all of us.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, caricatura said:

...for only $3000 more than what Konior charges for 2000 grafts, I could have 4000 FUE grafts from a place...

I too was considering FUE given the price difference narrowing.  My deciding factor on that (which I did an FUT of about the same about amount of grafts as this poster around the same time) was an explanation I saw from an Australian YouTube series discussing HT.  They explained that FUT removes 100% of an area, FUE removes individual follicles.  In essence FUE can be thought of in a way as “spreading” your thinness.  Whereas FUT doesn’t since it’s removed entirely.  This aligns with the research mentioned in Dr. K’s recent video Q&A that donor supply goes father by starting with FUT and then later moving to FUE.  All depends on the doctor’s skill, and the individuals hairstyle/scar tolerance.  Very personal choice but I decided to accept the hairline scar good doctors leave to set me up well against any future loss.

Edited by uklex0608
  • Like 1

My Hair Transplant: 12/14/2020, 2,380 FUT, Dr. Konior
Medication:  Finasteride 1mg daily (most days I remember)

Yeah, that seems to be the general idea (going FUT first maximizes the donor long-term). But I wasn't comparing FUT to FUE, but merely comparing Konior's steep price to other reputable clinics such as Hasson and Wong. I hope your surgery turns out great. I'm following it too!

On 12/25/2020 at 1:19 PM, caricatura said:

By the way, @anotherhairlosssufferer, your hair is looking great. Well-packed in that frontal third and your donor region looks relatively unscathed. This is the exact procedure Konior quoted me and which I'm considering (trying to justify the price considering that, for only $3000 more than what Konior charges for 2000 grafts, I could have 4000 FUE grafts from a place like Hasson & Wong). The difference, of course, is that due to his artistry, precision, and survival rate, Konior makes 2000 grafts look like 4000.

how much did he quote you?

On 12/29/2020 at 6:21 PM, smurf said:

how much did he quote you?

If this was the question for me - it was over $10 per graft, he does a per procedure cost, not per graft though. So it's pretty expensive compared to other top tier prices. 

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

konior is at the top of prices but a couple things. It seems like konior uses less grafts per result. Also the donor region looks prestine after the surgeries that I see.

However, you are paying north of $20k for efficient transplantation and prestine donor. 

Edited by smurf

• 4 months later...

This is the 5 month and 1 week update.

Some major things:

1. I had a lot of shock loss all over, both the donor and the transplanted area. My donor looked *really* bad and I was honestly afraid to show it all here which is why I am so late with the updates. The donor has recovered to a degree but not all the way. I will post the pics of the donor later, it's really annoying to make the pics and then crop to remove the face etc.

2. I had two haircuts so far with the old hair dresser and he uses #1 on the sides and he didn't mention anything looking off, and it doesn't look off also except that it might be a little thinner on the sides than before but that's hard to confirm.

3. Having the hairline that frames your face and seeing that in the mirror is a great feeling and should be talked about more. Yes it could be denser which you can see when you come close but from 5+ feet away, which is usually what you see in the mirror, it looks good and really makes me happy with the decision.

4. The progression was and is still weird. I never noticed the new hair - I thought it was the old hair as there was really not a lot of it and was thin but eventually it I guess grew thicker. So I guess lots of shock loss if those hairs were all new? Also, still no new, additional hairs on the horizon.

Overall I am happy so far but would like more density and I am not sure if that's coming or not.

The pics:

Front - looks good from about 5+ feet away, to the point that it looks like a full head of hair. When you get closer you can see the lack of density.

FRONT.thumb.jpeg.1b9874fa633d940290eda6966de25d7e.jpeg

Top - the area behind the hairline is lacking in density compared to the hairline and it's very obvious here. This doesn't look any better than before the procedure honestly, and might be even worse. I assume it's the shock loss and the majority of hair there is the transplanted hair but who can tell. It's weird how when the hairline is there to frame your face you don't think about what's happening behind it so you don't worry about it as much.

FRONT.thumb.jpg.5b9d8deb3a5117d4899b5f7b2625a5d7.jpg

Sides look reasonable I guess:

LEFT.thumb.jpg.1c7a96fe561629fd2649e9b48148b3c1.jpg

RIGHT.thumb.jpeg.e65fdcd873614d865843c8e7bc229b7d.jpeg

Let me know what you think!

Edited by anotherhairlosssufferer
typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

Looking ahead of the curve for 5 months, with more density still to come.  I'm almost at 12 months and I still feel new hairs popping out.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

That's interesting. Your donor still looked really good at week 3. When did the shock loss (including in the recipient) start? But you've had the sides cut to a #1 and nothing looks off? Seems kind of contradictory but I look forward to seeing the pics.

+1 on having the transplanted hairline frame the face, even if the density isn't quite there yet. Oddly enough, I took that for granted at first. Only after looking back at pre-op photos did I remember how bad my old hairline used to look like.

I think it looks great for month 5, considering the area covered and the number of grafts. I'm sure it'll continue to improve. Plus once you regain the shock lost hairs, things will look even better.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks really good for 5 months. Slow and steady wins the race.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...

If you have IG you can just place a sticker over your face and screenshot to get around the cropping and whatnot. Looking good at 5 months, btw. I thought I peaked at 5 months, but I'm nearing month 8 and it's really fascinating how much thicker it's become.

Styling your hair the right way doesn't get talked about enough post op, but that's part of the process. I think I've figured out how to best do it in less than five minutes. ngl, but it took some experimenting with different products and whatnot (using less is better, but I need something for lift).

Anyway. Keep us posted. Looking good.

• Like 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators

How’s it looking? Should be at the coveted 6 month mark.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 12:14 AM, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

This is the 5 month and 1 week update.

Some major things:

1. I had a lot of shock loss all over, both the donor and the transplanted area. My donor looked *really* bad and I was honestly afraid to show it all here which is why I am so late with the updates. The donor has recovered to a degree but not all the way. I will post the pics of the donor later, it's really annoying to make the pics and then crop to remove the face etc.

2. I had two haircuts so far with the old hair dresser and he uses #1 on the sides and he didn't mention anything looking off, and it doesn't look off also except that it might be a little thinner on the sides than before but that's hard to confirm.

3. Having the hairline that frames your face and seeing that in the mirror is a great feeling and should be talked about more. Yes it could be denser which you can see when you come close but from 5+ feet away, which is usually what you see in the mirror, it looks good and really makes me happy with the decision.

4. The progression was and is still weird. I never noticed the new hair - I thought it was the old hair as there was really not a lot of it and was thin but eventually it I guess grew thicker. So I guess lots of shock loss if those hairs were all new? Also, still no new, additional hairs on the horizon.

Overall I am happy so far but would like more density and I am not sure if that's coming or not.

The pics:

Front - looks good from about 5+ feet away, to the point that it looks like a full head of hair. When you get closer you can see the lack of density.

FRONT.thumb.jpeg.1b9874fa633d940290eda6966de25d7e.jpeg

Top - the area behind the hairline is lacking in density compared to the hairline and it's very obvious here. This doesn't look any better than before the procedure honestly, and might be even worse. I assume it's the shock loss and the majority of hair there is the transplanted hair but who can tell. It's weird how when the hairline is there to frame your face you don't think about what's happening behind it so you don't worry about it as much.

FRONT.thumb.jpg.5b9d8deb3a5117d4899b5f7b2625a5d7.jpg

Sides look reasonable I guess:

LEFT.thumb.jpg.1c7a96fe561629fd2649e9b48148b3c1.jpg

RIGHT.thumb.jpeg.e65fdcd873614d865843c8e7bc229b7d.jpeg

Let me know what you think!

That is looking very good. A little slow compared with other cases but you still have another 7 months to get the the 1 year result.

The design is awesome and the donor looked really nice.

Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted 😉

I think it looks good. 2100 grafts is the same amount I did for just my hairline.

Your donor caliber looks great. You will see maturation over time. 2100 grafts on your frontal 3rd won't give you Elvis hair, but I think your progress is quite nice. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators
On 7/5/2021 at 9:33 AM, Spanker said:

I think it looks good. 2100 grafts is the same amount I did for just my hairline.

Your donor caliber looks great. You will see maturation over time. 2100 grafts on your frontal 3rd won't give you Elvis hair, but I think your progress is quite nice. 

Nice to see you back man 🙌🏼

View my thread