Dr. Konior 2100 grafts December 2020

Yeah I do have donor pain. It's been a week and I pretty much have to take 400mg advil before going to bed. I tried not taking it two days ago and it was really painful during the night. Also even when I take it I wake up throughout the night feeling the pain. During the day it's ok, it's very mild and almost not even noticeable.

Hope this gets better soon, and it's also annoying to not be able to turn left or right when sleeping.

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

Pain will get better. For me, the pain apex was all throughout week 2 and 3. Pain registered at about a 4.5-5 on a scale of 10. Felt like being too close to a campfire that I could not move away from. I did lose some sleep over it. In week 4, the pain subsided to a 2 on a scale of 10. Somewhere in the 2nd month, the pain disappeared and subsided to numbness. Seems tolerance for pain and experience varies from person to person. Helps to have the tools handy to deal with it though. For pain, best to keep it at bay than to deal with it after onset. So inoculate yourself with pain meds as prescribed by Dr. Konior. Have aloe vera gel handy too. Provides instant cooling relief. This is the stuff I used. Decided on a brand with a saucer dispenser because I just wanted to heap it on with my hands. I'd imagine any aloe vera gel 98% or better would do. But I found the best pain relief, once you are able to, is a quick cold shower or cold head rinse under a shower head.

My swelling was extensive too. But it didn't cause pain like a real bruise does. My eye was swollen shut from day 6 to day 14. Actually, the expansion fluids passed from my head and pooled down into my manhood which sucked and was shocking to see. But there was no pain from that either. No ill effects after my body passed the fluids either. Grit your way through the first few weeks. Buckle up for the ugly duckling phase, and you'll be rebounding before you know it.

Nice.  Similar loss pattern to mine.  I think I had less in front and a narrower loss in the middle and back, but overall quite comparible.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Good luck. 8.5 years later. Still on fin and minox daily. Much more gray. You are in great hands. 

20201213_135605.jpg

• Like 3

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good luck. 8.5 years later. Still on fin and minox daily. Much more gray. You are in great hands. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

View Spanker's Website

Good luck.  I am 8.5 years post op.  Still on min and fin. Much more gray. 

20201213_135605.jpg

View Spanker's Website

2 weeks

This is right after a shower so it's not really the best picture but it's better than no update. I know how much I appreciated people posting updates regularly when I was going through the research phase. There's still scabs left but they are slowly but surely going away. I am taking a shower twice a day and shampooing my hair but not too aggressively to not hurt the grafts as I am paranoid. I probably shouldn't be paranoid but everyone who has done the surgery knows the feeling.

IMG_2239.thumb.jpg.85bb59b79535b6a376db7ffc00ee5cab.jpg

For comparison, and not a really good one, this is a pic from a few months back when I cut my hair short at the beginning of Covid.

IMG_2240.thumb.jpg.1e9225ece3ce1c7e79b6aaab4a36a71e.jpg

And this is the donor, the hair is still wet

IMG_2241.thumb.jpg.aae1ca6dd938bcfea82004c4564d658a.jpg

To me it's relatively "obvious" that the donor is less dense now compared to the areas around the sideburns/temples where the hair was untouched. But it's only like one inch of hair behind the sideburns that is a little thicker compared to the rest of the harvested area. The donor harvest is really well distributed and it's really not very noticeable unless you know what to look for, but even then it's not at all significantly different.

So far I think this is going good?

I don't see the redness in the recipient area although it spreads across almost half the top so perhaps it's there but there's nothing to compare against? We'll see where I stand when the shedding starts. (although when I look at that pic the hairline seems a little red, but it's not something I see in the mirror)

Edited by anotherhairlosssufferer

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

Looking real good for two weeks, both donor and recipient regions. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Awesome, I'm going to have to follow yours to compare.  I just posted mine with photo links to my profile story as I just had 2,380 done via FUT with Konior probably two weeks after you this past Monday.  I likewise got to jump ahead about nine months from my prior date due to COVID cancellations.

IMG_1232.JPEG

• Like 1

My Hair Transplant: 12/14/2020, 2,380 FUT, Dr. Konior
Medication:  Finasteride 1mg daily (most days I remember)

7 hours ago, uklex0608 said:

Awesome, I'm going to have to follow yours to compare.  I just posted mine with photo links to my profile story as I just had 2,380 done via FUT with Konior probably two weeks after you this past Monday.  I likewise got to jump ahead about nine months from my prior date due to COVID cancellations.

IMG_1232.JPEG

Yeah just saw your thread, will be following your case closely too! Also it looks like our front thirds were super similar? Overall similar cases too and it'll be very interesting to compare in the coming months.

Looks super clean as expected from Dr. K, happy growing!

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

Great thread @anotherhairlosssufferer

I am also booked with Dr Konior for next Dec. Can’t wait.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 3:18 AM, xabi86 said:

I am also booked with Dr Konior for next Dec. Can’t wait.

Good luck, hope something clears up sooner!

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

3 weeks

Some random pics I just did at 3 weeks. I think overall this is going pretty good, let's see how it fares when the hair grows out longer. I think I am yet to start shedding so it'll get much worse before it gets better unfortunately.

What do yall think?

Front: there is definitely way more hair now compared to before but the area where I have native hair is clearly way more dense and darker. This is certainly to be expected and what matters is how it'll look once it grows to 2-3 inches.

4.thumb.jpg.8f230b9df708220e2abdb88909065e70.jpg

Front/Side - hairline has the lowest density but got the most grafts. Perhaps it's just that it has the least native hair?

1.thumb.jpg.1b8280d7f2665f65d013f168b58020b3.jpg

Side: I think it's obvious that the first inch in the temporal area where the hair was not extracted is more dense than the rest? I don't think it's noticeable unless you know what to look for, but will it get better eventually? Also makes me wonder what that means in terms of how much hair I have left in my donor.

3.thumb.jpg.18adc83c4d291f04f82ae8179fb7f719.jpg

Donor and the back of my head: looks like it's more dense in the occipital area.

2.thumb.jpeg.e4e375938a7adc9e4c9b381694e860de.jpeg

Also a funny story: my friend took a picture of me from relatively afar and I sent it to another friend and his first comment was "wait did you do a hair transplant"? I was super shocked as I didn't tell anyone and my first thought was that he noticed something unnatural and obvious in terms of work (I can't tell myself and nobody else said anything) but when I asked him why would he think that he said it just looks way more dense than before. In his defense from afar it does look more dense. We'll see how other people react, so far nobody said anything (but I also still didn't show this to someone close enough to me to not feel bad about making a comment) and I kinda expected to keep this a secret but perhaps I'll have to either admit I did something or come up with a comeback if this happens more. 

• Like 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

16 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

3 weeks

Some random pics I just did at 3 weeks. I think overall this is going pretty good, let's see how it fares when the hair grows out longer. I think I am yet to start shedding so it'll get much worse before it gets better unfortunately.

What do yall think?

Front: there is definitely way more hair now compared to before but the area where I have native hair is clearly way more dense and darker. This is certainly to be expected and what matters is how it'll look once it grows to 2-3 inches.

4.thumb.jpg.8f230b9df708220e2abdb88909065e70.jpg

Front/Side - hairline has the lowest density but got the most grafts. Perhaps it's just that it has the least native hair?

1.thumb.jpg.1b8280d7f2665f65d013f168b58020b3.jpg

Side: I think it's obvious that the first inch in the temporal area where the hair was not extracted is more dense than the rest? I don't think it's noticeable unless you know what to look for, but will it get better eventually? Also makes me wonder what that means in terms of how much hair I have left in my donor.

3.thumb.jpg.18adc83c4d291f04f82ae8179fb7f719.jpg

Donor and the back of my head: looks like it's more dense in the occipital area.

2.thumb.jpeg.e4e375938a7adc9e4c9b381694e860de.jpeg

Also a funny story: my friend took a picture of me from relatively afar and I sent it to another friend and his first comment was "wait did you do a hair transplant"? I was super shocked as I didn't tell anyone and my first thought was that he noticed something unnatural and obvious in terms of work (I can't tell myself and nobody else said anything) but when I asked him why would he think that he said it just looks way more dense than before. In his defense from afar it does look more dense. We'll see how other people react, so far nobody said anything (but I also still didn't show this to someone close enough to me to not feel bad about making a comment) and I kinda expected to keep this a secret but perhaps I'll have to either admit I did something or come up with a comeback if this happens more. 

Honestly, who cares. An injustice was served to you in the form of genetics, and you dealt with the problem.  Nothing to be ashamed of there, everyone with the ability to do would. Anyway you look amazing for 3 weeks. You may have mentioned it, are you on meds?

1 minute ago, TorontoMan said:

You may have mentioned it, are you on meds?

I do minox 1x a day and Nizoral (it's in my signature). I stopped fin due to sides. Fin worked really well, it was a great feeling to have more hair for a couple of months but then I had to stop and within a year probably I lost all gains :( It's a big issue for the future I know.

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

Just now, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

I do minox 1x a day and Nizoral (it's in my signature). I stopped fin due to sides. Fin worked really well, it was a great feeling to have more hair for a couple of months but then I had to stop and within a year probably I lost all gains :( It's a big issue for the future I know.

Oh sorry I missed that. You could try CB

34 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

You could try CB

What is that? I found this when googling: https://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/clasceterone-hair-loss-cure/3462

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

10 hours ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Yeah that’s it. CB-03-01 also known as breezula. It’s been fda approved for acne already, and is in the final phase for hair loss (the dose varies for the two treatments). They’ve released their studies over a year, and it’s safety profile was amazing while having somewhat the same efficacy as finasteride. CB apparently doesn’t go systemic, as it metabolizes as soon as it comes to the bloodstream. 

it should hopefully come out in 2-3 years, but if you’re feeling experimental, you could get the compound yourself. 

1 minute ago, TorontoMan said:

Yeah that’s it. CB-03-01 also known as breezula. It’s been fda approved for acne already, and is in the final phase for hair loss (the dose varies for the two treatments). They’ve released their studies over a year, and it’s safety profile was amazing while having somewhat the same efficacy as finasteride. CB apparently doesn’t go systemic, as it metabolizes as soon as it comes to the bloodstream. 

it should hopefully come out in 2-3 years, but if you’re feeling experimental, you could get the compound yourself. 

That sounds amazing. Is applied topically and does it also act as a DHT blocker?

sorry to pose the question on this thread. 

1 hour ago, xabi86 said:

That sounds amazing. Is applied topically and does it also act as a DHT blocker?

sorry to pose the question on this thread. 

Yeah it’s a topical anti androgen. I don’t want to get your hopes up too high yet, as it’s still unsure how much binding affinity it has to the androgen receptors. It may be a mild effect, we’re not sure, at the moment it’s mild effect does come it at a high price.. so it’s rather prohibitive atm on that end. When hits the market I imagine the price will become more Normalized and something you could easily get on a prescription. 

It does appear that with volume it could compete with dht for the AR, and it’s likely going to need to be applied twice daily for any effect.