Will the Coronavirus Affect The Hair Transplant Industry?

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Yes,

the fall out will be worse than the bomb, it's always the case. In a matter of days, I've seen the situation go from bad to worse, and this will continue, unless people start behaving rationally. I'm not saying we need to throw caution to the wind that would be just as irrational, but if we don't get a grip, things will get worse. 

Below are some facts from the CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/share-facts.html

Fact 1

Diseases can make anyone sick regardless of their race or ethnicity.

Fear and anxiety about COVID-19 can cause people to avoid or reject others even though they are not at risk for spreading the virus.

Fact 2

For most people, the immediate risk of becoming seriously ill from the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low.

Older adults and people of any age with underlying health conditions, such as diabetes, lung disease, or heart disease, are at greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

My wife is a Judge and is working everyday to assure urgent court trials keep on going but after work she is isolated at home with her family. 

I run a sales department so like all the other people that can work from home, we are doing our civic duty of isolating ourselves to avoid further widespread. 

Ofcourse not everyone can stay home because factories must keep on producing and nothing as stopped like you ignorantly say but mesures are being taken to avoid further widespread. 

In Portugal everyone now knows someone with this virus so ofcourse there will be a panic and people will stock up with a 1 month of food because they are indeed planning on staying home for a whole month. 

The multinational I work for said that my job functions can be carried out remotely so I was asked to isolate myself until further notice in order to reduce the risk of widespread at the factory. Every company is doing this as it’s their  social responsibility to do so!

If you want images just watch Italian tv channels.

That’s commendable of your wife.

That said...if you run a sales department for a multinational corporation...what will happen if the sales are stalled due constraints in your supply chain or if it’s services, they can’t be done due to weeks of quarantines and lock downs?....and with the new claims that the virus can be fester on surfaces for 9 days and incubate for now 37 days, whom will buy contaminated products or services from possibles infected people...they won’t Why, if shopkeepers sanitize their shops and restaurants even healthy people are staying away...the visuals of fear are viral as well....it’s insanity. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

You are blowing things out of proportion, you can still go outside buy food and medicine, not everything is 100% closed, you have no idea what's going on just stop with the nonsense..

I just called every grocery store within a 10 mile radius, and they are all out of meat, water, and produce. People are beginning to behave like it's black friday. This isn't an exaggeration.

https://www.2gb.com/police-called-to-toilet-paper-frenzy-at-costco/

• Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

You are blowing things out of proportion, you can still go outside buy food and medicine, not everything is 100% closed, you have no idea what's going on just stop with the nonsense..

I wish I was blowing things out of proportion BUT I saw this morning with my own eyes and ears just how people are succumbing to the fear and paranoia and greed...over f@cking toilet paper...it really made me sad, because I know we can be better than that and if done, it’s all done for and this insanity is just the tip of the iceberg, I saw up close in 2008 the damage and toll the Great Recession was having...the psychological toll for many was just as worse as the financial one...this current situation is way way way worse in scope.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I wish I was blowing things out of proportion BUT I saw this morning with my own eyes and ears just how people are succumbing to the fear and paranoia and greed...over f@cking toilet paper...it really made me sad, because I know we can be better than that and if done, it’s all done for and this insanity is just the tip of the iceberg, I saw up close in 2008 the damage and toll the Great Recession was having...the psychological toll for many was just as worse as the financial one...this current situation is way way way worse in scope.

I wish this was an exaggeration too. A few days ago, things were okay, but man things have taken a turn for the worse. I didn't believe it when my gf said that cops are in front of every grocery store. Like seriously wtf is going on. Guess i'm gonna have to live off of Ramen noodles for the rest of the week cause people are fear-hoarding food.

View my thread

23 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

That’s commendable of your wife.

That said...if you run a sales department for a multinational corporation...what will happen if the sales are stalled due constraints in your supply chain or if it’s services, they can’t be done due to weeks of quarantines and lock downs?....and with the new claims that the virus can be fester on surfaces for 9 days and incubate for now 37 days, whom will buy contaminated products or services from possibles infected people...they won’t Why, if shopkeepers sanitize their shops and restaurants even healthy people are staying away...the visuals of fear are viral as well....it’s insanity. 

I’m in the food business so ofcourse off-trade sales have skyrocketed while on-trade sales are beginning to show signs of decrease due to imposed limitations by the government to the restaurant sector that will indeed now suffer a crisis due to this virus. 

We are a European country so obviously all factories have already implemented certified contingency plans to assure the health safety of all food products.

Monday all schools, daycare and universities will close and any venue open to the public will have limitations on its capacity to avoid people staying close to each other. 

At our factory many workers will need to stay home with their kids that can’t go to school so the government will pay part of their salary and the employers will pay the same amount so that workers can still have almost 80% of their net salary while staying at home taking care of the kids for the next month of social isolation. 

Health care is free in Portugal so every doctor I know is now pulling 48h shifts trying to treat everyone that keeps coming in but the staff and equipment is not enough. 

Its a crisis but everyone is doing their role and mine is staying  isolated at home while still taking care of my sales accounts.

Edited by Portugal25

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I wish this was an exaggeration too. A few days ago, things were okay, but man things have taken a turn for the worse. I didn't believe it when my gf said that cops are in front of every grocery store. Like seriously wtf is going on. Guess i'm gonna have to live off of Ramen noodles for the rest of the week cause people are fear-hoarding food.

Damn.

I just saw the news story on empty shelves and long lines everywhere.... and one woman saying she noticed an elderly couple just sitting in their car in the parking lot of the store too petrified to go inside, and the news anchor spoke about how this new reality of social distanceing will make the lonely and solitary depressed epidemic worse..  and it was soo hard to hear. 😟

16ED5C4F-6261-4F8C-A793-ABE9711B27F5.jpeg

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Damn.

I just saw the news story on empty shelves and long lines everywhere.... and one woman saying she noticed an elderly couple just sitting in their car in the parking lot of the store too petrified to go inside, and the news anchor spoke about how this new reality of social distanceing will make the lonely and solitary depressed epidemic worse..  and it was soo hard to hear. 😟

16ED5C4F-6261-4F8C-A793-ABE9711B27F5.jpeg

This is hysteria in the literal sense. That’s how all the grocery stores look. 

View my thread

15 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

I’m in the food business so ofcourse off-trade sales have skyrocketed while on-trade sales are beginning to show signs of decrease due to imposed limitations by the government to the restaurant sector that will indeed now suffer a crisis due to this virus. 

We are a European country so obviously all factories have already implemented certified contingency plans to assure the health safety of all food products.

Monday all schools, daycare and universities will close and any venue open to the public will have limitations on its capacity to avoid people staying close to each other. 

At our factory many workers will need to stay home with their kids that can’t go to school and the government will pay part of their salary along with their employers paying the same so that they can still have  almost 80% of their net salary while staying at home taking care of the kids for the next month of social isolation. 

Health care is free in Portugal so every doctor I know is now pulling 48h shifts trying to treat everyone that keeps coming in but the staff and equipment is not enough. 

Its a crisis but everyone is doing their role and mine is staying  isolated at home while still taking care of my sales accounts.

I get what you’re saying man, and I don’t fault you for being cautious both for your employer and your family, my concern is what will happen after  he paidleave for quarantine if the situation worsens the month after that and the one after that supplies-resources-wages-wise, they’ve now said is 37 days now, how long can rational human being last such situations mentally and emotionally for themselves and their families.

We are on the same page when it come to wanting this shit to be done with, whether it be real or invented, we all just want things to be normal again...we just disagree on the why and how.

Edited by CosmoKramer

• Administrators

View my thread

And with all this fear insanity, the addition of the closure and stoppage of sporting events and entertainment events that help us mentally escape from the stresses of work and life just destroys morale and optimism and soo unhealthy to our collective mental state and who knows how determimntally it will impact our lives...solitude from work/family/friends/events...etc

Oh, and dating and romantic things like weddings...

All this is mind numbing...it makes me think of how when I was a child me and my siblings were purposefully exposed to Chicken Pox so our body would get over it and move on with life so that we not catch it when older when it would be much more harmful.

Edited by CosmoKramer

Please, show aome respect.

i knew people (friends and of mine) that have in been hospital for more than 10 days. They are sedated and breath because a machine allow them to breath. I do not know if I’ll see them again.

thwy are my age (40). Healthy guys that are fighting for thwie lives.

my friend’s dad died this morning.

another woman i knew died 3 days ago.

and where i live is not the worst place to stay (northern Italy is worst).

if i tell you it is not mass hysteria, it is because I’m personally living this hell.

@CosmoKramer

Edited by duchaine
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Good points in the article.

What I don’t understand is how people can be fearful of going to restaurants to eat when there are no reports of issues and the owners have kept thing sanitary, that people aren’t patronizing and don’t want to eat in close proximity to others....BUT, they’re all fine and good with waiting in long lines and close crowds for hours to hoard supplies. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Administrators
Just now, CosmoKramer said:

What I don’t understand is how people can be fearful of going to restaurants to eat when there are no reports of issues and the owners have kept thing sanitary, that people aren’t patronizing and don’t want to eat in close proximity to others....BUT, they’re all fine and good with waiting in long lines and close crowds for hours to hoard supplies. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lmao Coronavirus doesn’t wait in lines, so they’re good. It only comes out when you’re having fun, like cruises, movie theaters, festivals etc. 

View my thread

8 minutes ago, duchaine said:

i knew people (friends and of mine) that have in been hospital for more than 10 days. They are sedated and breath because a machine allow them to breath. I do not know if I’ll see them again.

if i tell you it is not mass hysteria, it is because I’m personally living this hell.

@CosmoKramer

@duchaine I’m sorry for your situation and of course I’m not trying to be disrespectful to people actually suffering. I don’t want anyone to suffer from this, either physically nor mentally, I’m just trying to temper the constant stream of fear bombarding is all...what good are healthy non-infected people to their family or infected friends and relatives if they are mentally beaten-down as well. I hope your friend recovers.

25 minutes ago, duchaine said:

@CosmoKramer

Stay safe @duchaine and hang in there in the midst of all this underserved hell we are now living. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

EVERYTHING IS CLOSED HERE!
Anyway, we need to survive: so we stay in line for food and medicine.
We stay in line outside the stores, 1 mt apart each other.
We do not go to the restaurant because sharing the "air" with other people can be dangerous.
We do not go to dance because we can't stay close each other.
We do not have a cruise because sharing is a boat is like having a virus colture. 
It is quite easy to understand.
We  are trying to reduce to the minimum possibile every "useless" kind of personal interaction not because we are trying to punish ourselves but because it is the only rational way to act.
You can't see if a person is sick or not for 14 days. But, during the 14 days, every person can infect many other people.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Thanks @Portugal25
I do not have any news from your country. What about you, there?

Same as Italy but with less dead and infected. 

• Administrators

@duchaine and @Egy I wish you guys the best. Hope you guys stay safe and hopefully in due time, we’ll return to caring about our hair and other non essential things in life.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Look at Italy .. United States will  be like that in a month .. n when the president of Germany says 50-70 million Germans will get infected .. don’t take it lightly .. it might not hurt u, but a lot of small businesses are going to be hurt when no customers come .. n a vaccine is not available for 1 year .. that’s bad.. of all the people that gotten it n recovered , I haven’t heard anything about them not being carriers after that .. so u see why this is dangerous? Just cuz u healthy enough to survive it ., it doesn’t mean ur body didn’t get fukked up .. u just didn’t die .. some people that didn’t die, says their lung capacity is 20 percent damaged forever . So be smart just cuz u didn’t die , don’t mean ur body didn’t suffer everlasting damage that will cause u to die sooner than before . 

37 minutes ago, HairFunk said:

Say you had a hair transplant, caught the Corona virus and recovered after a week or two. Could the virus potentially have a detrimental effect on the grafts during the initial growth phase? 

I think this kind of question doesn’t deserve an aswer.