Dr Pekiner | FUE | 1500 Grafts

Guano

Hey man. You got me worried. How is it going now?? I really hope that u are just a slow grower who also suffers shock loss for surgery and stoping minox but that u are able to hit it at 12 months. Maybe switching to oral minox could help..!

Bring us updates please. We are here to support.

1 minute ago, EvansLawrence said:

Hey man. You got me worried. How is it going now?? I really hope that u are just a slow grower who also suffers shock loss for surgery and stoping minox but that u are able to hit it at 12 months. Maybe switching to oral minox could help..!

Bring us updates please. We are here to support.

something strange happened. Guano has disappeared.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Looking at @Guanoprofile he has checked in as recently as 9 hours ago. Hope in his own time he will update us all. 🙏

I think he is ok. I suppose he doesn't reply because he signed an agreement with the clinic or he doesn't want to ruin their image.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So, I am two days into my surgery (which was supposed to be completed today but is continuing into tomorrow) and will create an upcoming HT report (no discounts given or sought for my report, the office does not know I will be reviewing them; I will include a list of negatives that I think people should know about when considering Dr. Pekiner's office). While this is my first HT and I don't have much of a point of reference, I must say that I think Dr. Pekiner is a very honest and talented doctor. I am fairly skeptical about most people, but judging from his efforts so far, Dr. Pekiner is one of the most hardworking doctors I have ever met (more on that in my trip report).  

I did ask him basically point blank (which caught him a bit off guard) whether he came to a financial agreement with people where he had a poor outcome (we were discussing his reviews in the forums during my surgery; I mentioned they were nearly all good except a couple); he said no and I believe him. He doesn’t like the fact that he is unable to do much about the poor reviews, particularly because he does his very best to make sure any conditions that are within his control for the surgeries are optimal (I’ve seen this first hand, more on that in my upcoming HT report). The doctor has the mindset that if his work is really good his practice will continue to grow and “the money will [eventually] come"; especially since he loves what he does for a living and strives to do the best he possibly can. For the caliber of work I am receiving (particularly his process of optimizing everything he can and focusing on his patients needs and desires while trying to be open and honest about what he can and can't do); I honestly don't think he charges enough. If he was practicing in the U.S. or the UK, I think he could easily charge more than double and people would gladly pay it.

Edited by Athensr
Grammer, details, etc.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Athensr said:

So, I am two days into my surgery (which was supposed to be completed today but is continuing into tomorrow) and will create an upcoming HT report (no discounts given or sought for my report, the office does not know I will be reviewing them; I will include a list of negatives that I think people should know about when considering Dr. Pekiner's office). While this is my first HT and I don't have much of a point of reference, I must say that I think Dr. Pekiner is a very honest and talented doctor. I am fairly skeptical about most people, but judging from his efforts so far, Dr. Pekiner is one of the most hardworking doctors I have ever met (more on that in my trip report).  

I did ask him basically point blank (which caught him a bit off guard) whether he came to a financial agreement with people where he had a poor outcome (we were discussing his reviews in the forums during my surgery; I mentioned they were nearly all good except a couple); he said no and I believe him. He doesn’t like the fact that he is unable to do much about the poor reviews, particularly because he does his very best to make sure any conditions that are within his control for the surgeries are optimal (I’ve seen this first hand, more on that in my upcoming HT report). The doctor has the mindset that if his work is really good his practice will continue to grow and “the money will [eventually] come"; especially since he loves what he does for a living and strives to do the best he possibly can. For the caliber of work I am receiving (particularly his process of optimizing everything he can and focusing on his patients needs and desires while trying to be open and honest about what he can and can't do); I honestly don't think he charges enough. If he was practicing in the U.S. or the UK, I think he could easily charge more than double and people would gladly pay it.

your post has nothing to do with guano HT.
We were talking about his results. Why did you come here to say that P. is a great doctor? Is this relevant for the topic?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, duchaine said:

We were talking about his results. Why did you come here to say that P. is a great doctor? Is this relevant for the topic?

I was just following up because of my hesitation in my last post; I am glad I went with Dr. Pekiner. I'll start a new thread when I get home for my HT report/review. My experience was far from perfect, but one of the better parts was my experience with the Doc. I'd like to hear from Guano as well if he every comes back.

4 hours ago, duchaine said:

Actually I would say his post was relevant as above you were speculating that Guano had been paid off to keep quiet, Athensr has since added that he outright asked Dr Pekiner whether this was the case or not.

Edited by BLE123
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sorry to fall off the thread, having been feeling like coming on here due after bearing a bad result. I've attached a photo update so you can see where it's at.

It's gotten better and matured more than before, however, there is still more density that is required. 

And i'm here to clarify, Dr Pekiner didn't pay me anything I just honestly couldn't be screwed coming on here cause I went through a deep depression my situation and constantly having hair on my mind was making it worse. I've gladly moved beyond it to some degree and am moving on with my life.

If anything they've been quite understanding, his rep - Alex messaged me throughout and requested pictures of updates. They've offered to fix it for free but i'm unable to due to the covid situation in Australia (we're not allowed to fly internationally). But when the time comes I will go and hopefully it'll be fixed then.

Any questions fire away

cons1.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for updating us. I totally understand your depression issues.

Your hair looks a little better than your last update but hopefully Dr. Pekiner can fill it up for you sooner.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Guano said:

Hey guys,

Sorry to fall off the thread, having been feeling like coming on here due after bearing a bad result. I've attached a photo update so you can see where it's at.

It's gotten better and matured more than before, however, there is still more density that is required. 

And i'm here to clarify, Dr Pekiner didn't pay me anything I just honestly couldn't be fucked coming on here cause I went through a deep depression my situation and constantly having hair on my mind was making it worse. I've gladly moved beyond it to some degree and am moving on with my life.

If anything they've been quite understanding, his rep - Alex messaged me throughout and requested pictures of updates. They've offered to fix it for free but i'm unable to due to the covid situation in Australia (we're not allowed to fly internationally). But when the time comes I will go and hopefully it'll be fixed then.

Any questions fire away

cons1.png

Hey man thanks for posting! I've been meaning to DM you. I just assumed you decided to shave it all off and move on. Very natural result by the way. Thanks for sharing man and good to know you are well!

On 6/10/2021 at 4:15 PM, BLE123 said:

Actually I would say his post was relevant as above you were speculating that Guano had been paid off to keep quiet, Athensr has since added that he outright asked Dr Pekiner whether this was the case or not.

I was making hypothesis in guano's silence.
he reported his story with pekiner and making his panegyric.
That story and panegyric have nothing to do with this topic.

On 6/26/2021 at 9:19 AM, Guano said:

Hey guys,

And i'm here to clarify, Dr Pekiner didn't pay me anything I just honestly couldn't be fucked coming on here cause I went through a deep depression my situation and constantly having hair on my mind was making it worse. I've gladly moved beyond it to some degree and am moving on with my life.

Any questions fire away

cons1.png

you look better now but, as you said, density is not that great.
I would say that angles are not great too.
I have similar problems btw.

I think Dr. Pekiner is a very good doctor according to any parameter.   We do get a bit dichotonic when it come to judgment, expecially when it is about something that happened to ourselves. While the density is not perfect, this is not a bad result by any mean, IMHO. There are several factors to evaluate, first of all the natural appearece (you had it). Then it comes a lot to some underliyng factors related to the personal phisyology. Of course most doctors hope they are going to obtaing their best result ever at any operation and i believe Dr. Pekiner is going to help you if your transplant will requiere that. So try to relax and think in a positive way that things may not be perfect at the first shot but you still on your way to get an ideal result, just a bit later. :)

Edited by mxm56

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Guano said:

Hey guys,

And i'm here to clarify, Dr Pekiner didn't pay me anything I just honestly couldn't be screwed coming on here cause I went through a deep depression my situation and constantly having hair on my mind was making it worse. I've gladly moved beyond it to some degree and am moving on with my life.

Any questions fire away

cons1.png

Hey Guano. I would tell you that before you get any repair to consider a tricology appointment just to make sure you dont have any skin issues, autoinmune, liquen or anything that could have caused your bad result. Because if you do not even a great surgeon will fix it. You would need to treat that first. 

You can check in Spain Dra. Cotellesa, clínica Zira. She has done many repairs. She is young but promising, and she has worked on cases with people with skin conditions. In these cases she just puts some grafts (maybe just 50 or 100) to check if they survive and therefore its green light to put more.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

It’s been 2 years since his last post. I doubt he will come back.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, KSA91 said:

I've accepted it now no one is better than HLC in Turkey! Not Pekinner and not Bicer!

Not really. Pekiner is way above HLC and Bicer. He is the best doctor in Turkey atm 

• Like 3