Dr Pekiner | FUE | 1500 Grafts

Guano

@GuanoI do hope in the next few months you may get more growth but I would advise you to approach Dr. Pekiner to understand why you are not getting a dense result at 8 months post-op. 

Surely if there`s no big change in the next few 3 months you will be offered a touch up surgery as Dr. Pekiner does this if anything goes wrong with his surgery. I say this because he also offered a touch to that Russian guy that didn`t get a dense result.

Are you on finasteride?

@Portugal25Thanks brother appreciate it, yeah his assistant reckons its cause i hopped off minoxidil for that little while but I don't reckon it is.. 

Yeah he did offer a touch up but who knows when thats gonna be, Im in Australia and I wont be able to travel anywhere until god knows when.. Yes i am on fin 

10 minutes ago, Guano said:

@Portugal25Thanks brother appreciate it, yeah his assistant reckons its cause i hopped off minoxidil for that little while but I don't reckon it is.. 

Yeah he did offer a touch up but who knows when thats gonna be, Im in Australia and I wont be able to travel anywhere until god knows when.. Yes i am on fin 

Great to know you already have the offer for a free touch up.

Hope this pandemic situation clears up soon so you can book your flight to have it done but I`m also rooting you get a improvement in the next few months.

I don't think you look worse. You definitely have more hair near the hairline, but may have lost some behind. Have you tried growing it out similar to the length in the before pics you provided? That would probably help with the lack of density. Also, how long were you off minoxidil for? Did you have much growth from it prior to the transplant?

@giegnosiganoe 

I do have more a defined hairline but for sure not enough density to back it up and yeah I think i might have to just grow it out just so i can make it look more presentable. 

I was off minox for about 2 weeks prior to the surgery as requested from Dr Pekiner and 4 weeks post transplant. Yes I did have significant growth from minoxidil prior to the transplant

My first impression is that you lost natives.
I hardly believe this happened because you stopped minoxidil. 
Minoxidil is not an on-off switch for hairs. An hair follicle has several cycles and when you stop minoxidil you'll see thinner hairs while you have halls among your tick transplanted hairs.
From my personal experience, a patient should never stop medications after HT because, if something goes wrong, the doctor will say that it happened because the patient stopped medication.
From what I can see, your hair loss is related to HT (high transection rate or a very strong shock loss) but it is hard to say.
Did you try to talk directly with the doctor considering that his assistant is not a doctor/dermatologist?

@duchaine

I believe I did lose some related to shock loss or HTR... Thinking back I should have had some form of steroid/PRP done after the transplant which I asked the clinic but they said its not necessary.  

I didn't want to jump off minox but thats what the pre/post-op care instructions they gave me so I followed them.

No i didn't speak to him personally, Pekiner talks through his assistant unfortunately

1 hour ago, Guano said:

@duchaine

I believe I did lose some related to shock loss or HTR... Thinking back I should have had some form of steroid/PRP done after the transplant which I asked the clinic but they said its not necessary.  

I didn't want to jump off minox but thats what the pre/post-op care instructions they gave me so I followed them.

No i didn't speak to him personally, Pekiner talks through his assistant unfortunately

According to general protocolos, you should stop minoxidil 5 days before op and you should stop TOPICAL minoxidil 2-4 weeks after the op.

hace you stopped for a longer period?

anyway, hair loss from minoxidil interruption appears completely different.

@duchaine

It was advised as per the clinic to stop minoxidil 2 weeks before the operation and 4 weeks after which sums up a total of 6 weeks

Would Finasteride been enough told onto the natives?

Edited by Guano

17 minutes ago, Guano said:

@duchaine

It was advised as per the clinic to stop minoxidil 2 weeks before the operation and 4 weeks after which sums up a total of 6 weeks

Would Finasteride been enough told onto the natives?

If you stopped only for 6 weeks, your loss CAN'T be related to minoxidil's interruption. 
I see that many times, when the HT doesn't go very well, the clinics say that is because the medicines.
By the other way, you followed pekiner's prescptions so he should have advised you about the risk. 
In my case, at HLC, we talked a lot about post surgery treatment and we decided to use oral minoxidil.

Edited by duchaine

3 hours ago, Guano said:

Are you sure of this?  Yet @Portugal25a few days ago, posted a screen shot in which it was evident that he was interfacing directly with Doctor Pekiner, why can't you do that?  Unless his advisor also decides to have more important and less important patients 🤔

• Like 1

@duchaine

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. I should have had oral minoxidil or possibly PRP..

@Egy 

Just checked his post and it seems like he is talking with Dr Pekiner directly. I always spoke through his assistant cause I wasn't even aware he had his contacts available. I'm probably gonna message him directly and see what he says..

1 minute ago, Guano said:

@duchaine

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. I should have had oral minoxidil or possibly PRP..

@Egy 

Just checked his post and it seems like he is talking with Dr Pekiner directly. I always spoke through his assistant cause I wasn't even aware he had his contacts available. I'm probably gonna message him directly and see what he says..

In ant case, you followed his guidelines, so it doesn’t make sense that he blames minoxidil interruption.

by the other way, minoxidil can’t be related to a such dramatic changing: it is a medicine not lourdes water.

18 minutes ago, Egy said:

Are you sure of this?  Yet @Portugal25a few days ago, posted a screen shot in which it was evident that he was interfacing directly with Doctor Pekiner, why can't you do that?  Unless his advisor also decides to have more important and less important patients 🤔

Dr. Pekiner gave me his mobile on my first day of surgery.
When I need answers I will send a WhatsApp to Dr.Pekiner and his rep.

Edited by Portugal25

@duchaine

Yep that's rights and I think also the dense packing could have been a variable in the shock loss. I think Dr Pekiner should have maybe refrained from densely packing so much into my natives and come to think of it I think that maybe even 800-1000 grafts would have been enough for my operation as he could have spread it out to try and preserve my natives.

@Portugal25

could you pleaese pm it to me man?

You have a lower HL at the moment but the density id quite low.
I can't say if you lost native but for sure you didn't grow 50UF/CM2.
Looking at your pics, i think that the density issue is related to ht and not to medications.

A2FD1019-2DC8-43D0-A9B5-7612F5FFE855.jpeg

Edited by duchaine

Even tho the rep, if it’s the same guy from Italy, is a total jackass, he may have a point. If you’re claiming u had significant growth from minoxidil and u were off of it for 6 weeks it may very well be a shed caused by that. Minoxidil is a growth stimulant and it forces hairs to enter the anagen phase and artificially stay in it longer. If u take it away, especially for extended periods, it can potentially cause a shed as those hairs enter their own programmed cycles. 4 weeks after seems a bit aggressive. However, like said before, all u can do is wait.

4 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Even tho the rep, if it’s the same guy from Italy, is a total jackass, he may have a point. If you’re claiming u had significant growth from minoxidil and u were off of it for 6 weeks it may very well be a shed caused by that. Minoxidil is a growth stimulant and it forces hairs to enter the anagen phase and artificially stay in it longer. If u take it away, especially for extended periods, it can potentially cause a shed as those hairs enter their own programmed cycles. 4 weeks after seems a bit aggressive. However, like said before, all u can do is wait.

According to researches, hair loss takes several months afterMN interruption. 6 weeks is a very short period.
In other words: as well as a person need months to see MN growth, he needs months to see shedding.
By the other way, considering that the patchy effect is on the first line,  I do not think it is related to MN.
There is a lot of spaces between his transplanted hairs and that is clearly due to poor growth.

5 hours ago, Guano said:

@LonelyGraft 

Even if it was from minoxidil interruption, shouldn't it have grown back by now?

Hard to say really. I’m not sure of the specifics but 6 weeks off total seems like it can induce a shed in my eyes. How long after those 6 weeks? Hard to say. Remember, minox is a treatment, not a cure so it needs to be used Continuously to work. Initial results from minox should appear at about 3 months and go from there so you’re right that at 8 months it’s been a significant amount of time.

id follow up with pekiner directly as his rep is prob not the best source of info

• 2 weeks later...

I feel for you man, I do!Certainly could be a case of transection in some areas. Your pre op photos have fairly dark lighting, then post op looks like you're in the white room with Neo and Morpheus looking for guns. Even guys with non MPB would look thin in these conditions. The work looked super tight throughout the very frontal hairline maybe some grafts did not make it for the ride. At 8 months you'd assume to be further along really. 

Regarding the Minox usage and ceasing for the 6 week period, no way would that have caused this issue unless those hairs were so dependant on the medication the entire time you have been using it. Which to be real is like zero percent. 

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...