Dr Pekiner | FUE | 1500 Grafts

Guano

Hi guys,

So after a while of lurking these forums and constantly debating with myself I decided to pull the plug and get a hair transplant. 

Background

Medications: Finasteride 1.25mg daily, Minoxidil twice daily

Choice of surgeon

I decided to choose Dr Pekiner after extensive research online. I reviewed his results and approach to the procedure and felt that he was the right match. He performs the surgery himself alongside his team of technicians and only operates on one patient per day. z

He is also a surgeon who has a reputable curriculum vitae where he has previously worked at the HLC clinic and also alongside Dr Keser who is also regarded as a talented surgeon. With this in mind I felt that choosing Dr Pekiner would be the right choice.

The Surgery

The day was broken up. In the morning I was introduced to Dr Pekiner and we discussed the hairline design, I wanted to maintain the current hairline I had as it had no receded much but has lost density. So, we agreed to maintain but to densely pack the hairline.

We drew the line, took photos and began the operation. It was broken up like this.

-          Extraction

-          Implant

-          Break

-          Extraction

-          Implant

-          Break

The operation took the whole day and I believe we finished around 6pm. By that time I was exhausted and ready for bed.

Thoughts

Overall I feel confident with Dr Pekiner. He seemed like a genuine character, he was kind, friendly and answered any questions I had. He seemed like a person who took pride in his work and was rigours with each part of the process.

The surgery took place on the 16/1. Currently I am in the ‘shedding phase’ with slight redness around my scalp. I will be approaching the 1-month mark in a few days therefore I will try and upload a photo for you guys to see what it looks like.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 4.28.16 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 4.28.17 PM (1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 4.28.17 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 4.28.21 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 4.28.26 PM.jpg

• Like 1

@Guano congratulations it looks super clean as to be expected from Dr. Pekiner.

I would suggest you to add the date of the surgery to your topic.

Will be following your evolution to a dense pack!

Wish all the best!

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Guano

We have had issues with surgeons in the past, flooding our forum with patients who are essentially paid to post on the forum. We find this type of behavior unethical. We welcome every patient to share their genuine review, but this is not acceptable. I found it very odd, that after a negative review was posted on our forum, a dozen patients came to post their reviews. I would have no problem with this, had the patients came on their own accord, but this is highly unethical. I will need to speak to our webmaster and possibly filter any Dr. Pekiner threads, until I'm assured that there are no financial incentives for posting. I'm also locking this thread until further notice.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

We’ve spoken to the clinic and they have agreed to accept our terms. We expect all of our reviews from this point forward to be without financial incentives. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey guys, 

So this is the 1 month mark..

I've suffered quite a bit of shock loss and am due back at work next week! a bit worried atm cause i've lost quite a bit of density at the front including some areas where I had hair but are now gone. I'm hoping this is temporary and i've also just gotten back on minox a couple of days ago.

20200215_090619 (1).jpg

20200215_090617.jpg

20200215_090616 (1).jpg

Hang in there @Guano this is the ugly duckling phase and shedding is to be expected.

I should have also started Minoxidil after 1 month but will only start tomorrow after 7 weeks.

Edited by Portugal25

Just now, Portugal25 said:

Hang in there @Guano this is the ugly duckling phase and shedding is to be expected.

What would you recommend to do? I'm back at work in a week and none of my colleagues know I've had it done. should I just use toppik?

1 hour ago, Guano said:

What would you recommend to do? I'm back at work in a week and none of my colleagues know I've had it done. should I just use toppik?

I went back to work 11 days after surgery still with a few scabs and came clean about what I did without any worries as this is a common procedure nowadays. Toppik will not be able to grab well to such short hair and it won’t look good. 
You don’t have any scabs so it will just look like you had a buzzed down haircut. 

Edited by Portugal25

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

So i'm 2 days shy of 2 months since surgery. Gonna get a haircut today so i thought i'd show you an update before.

- Things i've noticed are that my natives are slowly coming back. 

- Redness is still present but not as obvious anymore

- went into work with topikk and no one seemed to have noticed, or at least kind enough to mention anything peculiar

Snapchat-1865201352.jpg

Snapchat-612232671.jpg

Snapchat-1952118990.jpg

20 hours ago, 83mjs said:

Looks like it's ready to pop this mate. Keep us posted!

20 hours ago, Abi28 said:

This is going to look great in a few months, good luck!

Cheers boys I'll keep you guys posted!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tentpole91 said:

@Guano any updates?

Next week will be my 3 months, i'll post a update then

41 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

How long were u off minox for before and after surgery?

2 weeks prior and about a month afterp

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, so it was my 3 months on the 9th. Its the 18th today so just a lil over. Heres an update.

Shock loss has stablized, a lot of natives coming back and also some transplanted hairs beginning to pop out... Things are looking good so far

Snapchat-25897629.jpg

Snapchat-1513318356.jpg

• Like 2

@Guano wow what a change since your last pictures with a lot of shock loss!
I have the feeling it’s going to be another home run for Pekiner 💪

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 6:46 PM, Tentpole91 said:

Looks fantastic @Guano!

can you please post photos of the donor? I’m curious to see how it’s recovered since the time of your surgery

Heres the photo of the back, best i could get..

Snapchat-535366852.jpg