1 minute ago, LondonRamen said:

Thanks for your reply. I've booked in with him for November 17-18. I'm not as keen on putting my face out there on the internet, but I will try to see what I can do about making a thread since he does not have much threads on this forum yet.

From what I understand for some reason anyone that's going to him are not keen to show their results. Dr. Ferreira even advertised recently on his Facebook that he has a special "back door" in his clinic for people who doesnt want others to see their HT. To me its mind blowing 😁 I guess I'm super weird that I actually like people to see my head with holes 🤣

Good luck on your surgery!

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, NicoAustralia said:

I fooooounnnnnddddd youuuuuuu 😅

Lol Nico, not that difficult considering not many people sharing their experience with Dr. Ferreira? :D

Grab a coffee and have a read my story :)

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Week 28 (6.5 months)

Gentlemen, I've received quite some hate recently (ofc due to exposing some shady Indian clinic) where even one of my regular subscriber was talking that my HT is looking thin and won't look good! We all know here how HT works and you can't expect more at this stage given my hair characteristics, but I decided to share some more info from my surgery, which includes:

- Complications on first surgical day
- Donor characteristics
- Little analysis of why I think result should look good after 12 months

As always fire up with your questions if there's any. Always happy to help as much as I can!

Thanks for stopping by!

Edited by Rolandas

Follow me on YouTube

2 minutes ago, BjornBorg said:

You are good for the game. Great videos. :D

Haha thanks man!

• Thanks 1

Follow me on YouTube

Follow you on YouTube. Love your content - interesting, funny and transparent. I think your result looks phenomenal at this point. A+ work on the hairline. Your donor area is enviable as well. Can't wait to see your final result. I think this is going to end up one of the best transplants of the year. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluffhead said:

Follow you on YouTube. Love your content - interesting, funny and transparent. I think your result looks phenomenal at this point. A+ work on the hairline. Your donor area is enviable as well. Can't wait to see your final result. I think this is going to end up one of the best transplants of the year. Keep up the good work!

It's funny, you're not the first person who said that this will be the best HT of the year haha :D

Appreciate your support and kind words!

Follow me on YouTube

@Rolandas your results are looking better and better each month my friend , and your video documentation with the comb throughs under daylight are extremely honest - superb content for prospective patients. 

I’m pretty confident Dr BF will shortly be one of the next superstars in the Hair Restoration field, keep up good the work! 

• Like 1

Gentlemen,

A lot of you been asking me over and over again what I'm going to do for my mid scalp and crown? Will I get second HT? Am I on medication and what I'm currently doing about my hair loss?

Well, I put together a video where I explain everything with great detail (a bit nerd'ish as always haha 🤓).

Hit me with your questions if there's still something I haven't cover!

I truly hope it will give you some perspective on my decisions with Hair Loss!

Follow me on YouTube

Your hair caliber may not be very favorable but if your estimated donor and the design work here should more than make up for it. Honestly, even in harsher light with no concealer it is still looking solid at this stage. If the second surgery goes anywhere near as well you will be in great shape.

I appreciate that your videos show not only different lighting and "wetness" scenarios but that you do so with a high enough resolution to capture the details one might expect to see in real life. The regular updates are a very nice resource.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Your hair caliber may not be very favorable but if your estimated donor and the design work here should more than make up for it. Honestly, even in harsher light with no concealer it is still looking solid at this stage. If the second surgery goes anywhere near as well you will be in great shape.

I appreciate that your videos show not only different lighting and "wetness" scenarios but that you do so with a high enough resolution to capture the details one might expect to see in real life. The regular updates are a very nice resource.

Appreciate kind words! The funny thing is I'm filming on my old Samsung S8 phone haha. I guess you need to know how to use it properly :D

Dr. Ferreira estimated roughly 10 000 in donor. Ofc that might be a lot, but so far I had 3659 grafts in the front only, which I'm very happy with and he proposed 2000-2500 grafts in the rest of the area. Total would be around 6000 grafts. After my first surgery I do believe I have way more than 6000 grafts looking at my current state of donor.

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

• 2 weeks later...

Month 7

What's up friends! Hope everyone is well.

Apologies for such delay with my 7 month update. I've decided to make this video in a different style as it's a good enough progress to compare! It took me 2 days just to find a suitable song, went through hundreds of songs (maybe 500? Not even kidding!).

In short, I'm absolutely amazed how it turn out in 7 months. Even with wet hair I think it looks amazing comparing to where I started.

Some people still think that I've reached my end result, but if you look closer in the "parting wet hair" part you will see quite a few hairs than just recently sprouted and still growing. Also lots of hair are still very thin, so they should thicken up until 12 month or so. Can't wait!

For those of you who is asking if I'm planning to get a second one - YES. Hopefully some time next year (due to current situation worldwide it completely messed up my timeline and finances.

Fire those questions if you have got any!

Edited by Rolandas
  • Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

49 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Man I love your updates. This is no exception! Your presentation is amazing.

Your result is already amazing, and it’s getting better every month. 

Appreciate that John!

I'm 100% stoked with my result so far. To be honest I wouldn't mind having this as a end result.

Follow me on YouTube

Looking fantastic @Rolandasand once again, the most honest and high quality documentation out there. Months 5-7 there has been a great increase in visual density, and I am sure you will still have more of this to come over the next few months. 

Out of interest, 3 questions:

1) What are the next steps, ie what are your plans/goals for the future in terms of your restoration journey - and was this discussed during your initial consultation/procedure?

2) What were your thought processes in deciding to proceed with FUE over FUT

2) Why do Dr's Lorenzo and BF extract 10% with manual, 90% motorized - I've noticed this a lot from the Injertocapilar youtube vids.  

It's good to see a real patients review and journey with Dr BF, as I am sure he will be one of the stars of the future after learning his trade underneath Lorenzo. 

Keep up the good work, and continue to grow well 👍

6 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Looking fantastic @Rolandasand once again, the most honest and high quality documentation out there. Months 5-7 there has been a great increase in visual density, and I am sure you will still have more of this to come over the next few months. 

Out of interest, 3 questions:

1) What are the next steps, ie what are your plans/goals for the future in terms of your restoration journey - and was this discussed during your initial consultation/procedure?

2) What were your thought processes in deciding to proceed with FUE over FUT

2) Why do Dr's Lorenzo and BF extract 10% with manual, 90% motorized - I've noticed this a lot from the Injertocapilar youtube vids.  

It's good to see a real patients review and journey with Dr BF, as I am sure he will be one of the stars of the future after learning his trade underneath Lorenzo. 

Keep up the good work, and continue to grow well 👍

Appreciate that man!

1) All my plans.
In short - get second HT (hopefully 2021) to cover mid scalp and crown (should be roughly 2500 grafts).
Yes it was discussed as a long term plan, hence why I had only front done in the first go. Meds and all of that jazz more in the video. Probably will try oral minoxidil.

2.1 I had live consultation with Dr. Bisanga. He checked my donor, measured my head and when I asked if he thinks FUT would be better for me he said I won't get big amount of grafts with 1 strip as my head is small. The scar would be wider, thus increasing all the nasty things related to FUT. Of course he does only FUE, so might be bias. Also I wasn't a big fan of potential downsides like permanent nerve damage living you with numb donor. Of course this is quite rare, so I guess It's just excuses and I'm a bigger fan of FUE as most of us naive guys :D

2.2 During my surgery I was quite surprised that Dr. Ferreira started extracting with Manual. I didn't see him doing it, just felt differently, so I asked him "is that a manual punch?" :D Wasn't expecting that. He said he likes to use it in certain areas if he thinks he needs. Also I believe it might be due to different mechanical movement needed in Manual. Imagine extracting for 3-4 hours straight with no brake. I guess some manual movement can "move around the blood"? :D (just speculating).
In short, I don't have exact reason, but it's great to see surgeon knowing how to do both. Imagine motorized punch got out of order in the middle of surgery. He can easily pull off manual and finish the surgery.

Once again appreciate kind words!

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

You're welcome. I'm an FUE patient myself, so always interested in hearing the justifications from other well researched FUE patients for starting out with FUE as opposed to FUT

Maybe its a geographical thing - from what I see across forums and youtube, most of the advocates for starting out with FUT, and then tweak with FUE later, seem to be american based or had their surgeries in america - where most of the legendary and accredited north american clinics are still in favour of FUT, as opposed to Europe, which seems to be predominantly FUE now. 

The general rule of thumb suggests you should only ever get an answer from an ethical surgeon who can perform both types of surgeries, in which Dr Bisanga certainly can do - so interesting to hear what his reasoning was to advise against FUT for your particular case. 

8 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

You're welcome. I'm an FUE patient myself, so always interested in hearing the justifications from other well researched FUE patients for starting out with FUE as opposed to FUT

Maybe its a geographical thing - from what I see across forums and youtube, most of the advocates for starting out with FUT, and then tweak with FUE later, seem to be american based or had their surgeries in america - where most of the legendary and accredited north american clinics are still in favour of FUT, as opposed to Europe, which seems to be predominantly FUE now. 

The general rule of thumb suggests you should only ever get an answer from an ethical surgeon who can perform both types of surgeries, in which Dr Bisanga certainly can do - so interesting to hear what his reasoning was to advise against FUT for your particular case. 

I had this conversation with some other chaps few days ago about the whole FUT thing in US. Because of strict rules in here (as other guy in the forum today mentioned) only surgeon can cut you. Now when you look at FUT, surgeon would need to cut a piece of meat in 15-20 min and toss it to his technician team who will do the hard work and dissect them under microscopes. Afterwards surgeon would need to do some slits and he can go home (I've heard this actually happening in best clinics!) leaving tech's the rest of placement work.

It's very easy for a surgeon to work this way. Also another aspect would be learning new skill. FUE is a very different extraction technique. Even if a surgeon is the best in the world in cutting a strip, he can suck at FUE big time. It requires lots of time and dedication to learn the craft. Surgeons are not in their 20's to be enthusiastic about learning new skills and prefer "comfort zone", thus they don't bother learning it.

Also the whole surgery should be changed. In FUT surgeon is cutting a strip and then tech's are dissecting it. In FUE Surgeon has to spend 3-4 hours to extract lots of grafts and techs are there just to supplement the surgery. FUE surgery would require smaller team compared to FUT.

There's lots of finer details why. I'm not trying to say all surgeons are lazy, but I'm 100% sure such factors takes their place. It's human psychology.

In the end HT is highly unregulated industry. There is equal amount of opinions vs doctors.

Follow me on YouTube

17 hours ago, Rolandas said:

I had this conversation with some other chaps few days ago about the whole FUT thing in US. Because of strict rules in here (as other guy in the forum today mentioned) only surgeon can cut you. Now when you look at FUT, surgeon would need to cut a piece of meat in 15-20 min and toss it to his technician team who will do the hard work and dissect them under microscopes. Afterwards surgeon would need to do some slits and he can go home (I've heard this actually happening in best clinics!) leaving tech's the rest of placement work.

It's very easy for a surgeon to work this way. Also another aspect would be learning new skill. FUE is a very different extraction technique. Even if a surgeon is the best in the world in cutting a strip, he can suck at FUE big time. It requires lots of time and dedication to learn the craft. Surgeons are not in their 20's to be enthusiastic about learning new skills and prefer "comfort zone", thus they don't bother learning it.

Also the whole surgery should be changed. In FUT surgeon is cutting a strip and then tech's are dissecting it. In FUE Surgeon has to spend 3-4 hours to extract lots of grafts and techs are there just to supplement the surgery. FUE surgery would require smaller team compared to FUT.

There's lots of finer details why. I'm not trying to say all surgeons are lazy, but I'm 100% sure such factors takes their place. It's human psychology.

In the end HT is highly unregulated industry. There is equal amount of opinions vs doctors.

I think you’ve made some excellent points there 

• 2 weeks later...

7.5 Months (32 weeks)

What's up gents! Here we are, 7.5 months. Length, 

In this video:
- Mini response to last video comments
- Hairline comb through under direct sunlight
- Hairline comb through indoors
- 3 weak spots of my HT
- Double graft in my hairline?!?
- Argan Oil Leave-in Conditioner

Follow me on YouTube

Hey Mr Rolandas,

I have followed your videos on Youtube and I think you provide some really interesting thoughts about HT. I also you think you have some very good results for 7.5 months. Bruno Ferreira looks like he knows his job !

I had a HT 2.5 months ago with Dr Lupanzula. Most of the transplanted hair fell off and I am still waiting for regrowth. I am going through a period of doubts, as many people do at this stage I guess !

I have a question for you : I noticed that some FUE surgeons (De Freitas, Keser, Pekiner) do not extract and implant the hair all at once, in order to minimize the time that the grafts spend out of the body (and thus to increase survival rate).

They proceed by steps : for example for a 2000 grafts session, they first extract only 1000 grafts and then implant them, and then in the afternoon they extract another 1000 grafts and implant them.

It seems like a very good approach to me, and I don't understand why some top FUE surgeons in Belgium like Lupanzula do not do the same thing. For my procedure, the doc extracted all the 2000 grafts in one go, and afterwards the assistants implanted the 2000 grafts, which took several hours.

My procedure lasted about 9 hours and I am afraid about the fact that the grafts stayed several hours out of the body. Of course I know that they are kept in a special saline solution in order to keep them alive, but don't you think that there is a risk that a high percentage of grafts die ?

Thanks for your insight !