Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Light and water is a transplants mortal enemy 😂

Everyone is saying water is bad for HT as it will look thin, but for me, I actually like the way my HT looks when it's slightly wet. My hair looks darker and somewhat pleasant. It doesn't look very thin! Might get this done on my 9 month update :D

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

The windy outside footage is a nice touch. We almost never see this from patients, but given how many hair loss sufferers talk about being uncomfortable with their thinning hair blowing around in the wind it's nice to see how a good result can change this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

The windy outside footage is a nice touch. We almost never see this from patients, but given how many hair loss sufferers talk about being uncomfortable with their thinning hair blowing around in the wind it's nice to see how a good result can change this.

Appreciate that!

It was super windy and I decided to get this opportunity and film it :D Pretty good for 8.5 months for area that was completely bald + extra thin hair!

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

8 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

Everyone is saying water is bad for HT as it will look thin, but for me, I actually like the way my HT looks when it's slightly wet. My hair looks darker and somewhat pleasant. It doesn't look very thin! Might get this done on my 9 month update :D

Yes slightly wet is ok. When I’m swimming not so good 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huncholini said:

Man I remember watching your videos in April-June and I was thoroughly unimpressed by your transplant, I've just seen your latest video and the result has blown me away, incredible, congratulations.

Haha really? :D Small area to cover, and of course, there was nothing to look at back then, but yeah, big difference. Thanks god I had lots of multi grafts :D

Btw went out today and look what I came up with:20201016_185352.thumb.jpg.fa7b29840c23d1717e2035c61272b353.jpg20201016_185511.thumb.jpg.95bf61ba500cddc2673ba251f3750612.jpg

A bit of dermmatch, a bit of fibers, a bit of hair styling product and a bit of hair spray. Can't believe how good it looks.

• Like 3

Follow me on YouTube

19 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Rolandas you are the Michael Jordan of hair styling 🙌

That was actually a rookie attempt haha I think I nailed it :D 

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

8 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

so your total donor capacity is 10K? Did dr bruno mention if the donor would look in any way depleted if 10k or close to it was removed?

He said about 10k grafts. I didn't speak more about it but I assume this is the absolute maximum. I'm sure visible density of donor will drop very slightly compared to what I had before any HT. In the end it's a lot of hair missing, but it still should look good if extraction pattern is good.
After my second surgery where I will use another 2500 grafts or so we will see how my donor will look like. In total it will be a bit over 6000 grafts, so can have a good idea how donor will look if another 4000 grafts could be removed.

Follow me on YouTube

On 10/17/2020 at 12:02 AM, Rolandas said:

Haha really? :D Small area to cover, and of course, there was nothing to look at back then, but yeah, big difference. Thanks god I had lots of multi grafts :D

Btw went out today and look what I came up with:20201016_185352.thumb.jpg.fa7b29840c23d1717e2035c61272b353.jpg20201016_185511.thumb.jpg.95bf61ba500cddc2673ba251f3750612.jpg

A bit of dermmatch, a bit of fibers, a bit of hair styling product and a bit of hair spray. Can't believe how good it looks.

When people have a hair transplant, this is the result they dream of :)

• Like 1

Looking great rolandas! Very happy for you. Bruno seems like a talented, ethical and very hands on doctor which are all things that are very lacking in this industry so we need more guys like him.                               
        In my opinion you were an ideal candidate in a lot of ways. Your contrast having light hair and light skin make any imperfections less visible and also make the fue scars less visible. Also, even though you have fine hair you have a dense donor and the fine hair looks a lot more natural in your hairline. I think these things are important to point out so guys doing research who don’t necessarily have those characteristics know what to expect. 
      This is the best and most honest documentation I’ve seen, especially how you’ve shown much different lighting changes the way it looks. Awesome job!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

Looking great rolandas! Very happy for you. Bruno seems like a talented, ethical and very hands on doctor which are all things that are very lacking in this industry so we need more guys like him.                               
        In my opinion you were an ideal candidate in a lot of ways. Your contrast having light hair and light skin make any imperfections less visible and also make the fue scars less visible. Also, even though you have fine hair you have a dense donor and the fine hair looks a lot more natural in your hairline. I think these things are important to point out so guys doing research who don’t necessarily have those characteristics know what to expect. 
      This is the best and most honest documentation I’ve seen, especially how you’ve shown much different lighting changes the way it looks. Awesome job!

Appreciate that Sam!

I agree my donor area is pretty good, but that's quite normal in Caucasians with finer hair. Thinner hair - more grafts available naturally. But this goes both ways. Finer hair - more grafts needed to achieve good coverage, thicker hair - less grafts needed to achieve good coverage.
Although my hair appears to be somewhat lighter, it's not actually that light in reality. It's dark brown. I'm using light brown dermmatch and it makes my hair looks way too light. My girlfriend even told me the colour doesn't match at all and looks very obvious. I'm using dark brown hair fibers and they match perfectly.

I do agree on naturalness with finer hair. This is a fact. I think a person with thin hair can achieve closest result to natural, but amount of grafts to be implanted in the area should be very big. I had 55 grafts/cm2 and I have a feeling it could have been 60+ (if we are talking about singles in the very front). That being said it doesn't mean hair transplant won't look natural with thick hair. I've seen plenty of examples that are unbelievably good if surgeon takes the hair from down the nape and around the ears to implant in the very front of the hairline. Also worth mentioning design. If you look closer, I've got so much micro-irregularities that creates this whole illusion of naturalness. In my opinion this is one of the biggest factors. Of course I attribute all of this success to Dr. Ferreira, as he knew exactly what and how to do in order to achieve it.

In any way once again I appreciate your input and indeed people need to know the whole story in order to assess the case precisely! 

Follow me on YouTube

• 2 weeks later...

Month 9

Hope everyone is doing well guys.

Here are a few things that you can find in the video:

- comparisment of my hair transplant to fine hair with no baldness

- few type of hairstyles I'm pulling off right now

- dermmatch + hair fibers

- close ups of my HT in 3 different light conditions

- hair with shampoo | wet | towel-dry | air-dry

Drop me a like if you appreciate such videos!

Of course leave a comment with any questions/suggestions/ideas

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

8 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

What reactions have been getting since your Ht? Friends/Family etc ? 

People who didn't see me for a while said "Rolandas, what the hell?!? It's so much hair! Wow, I didn't know it can be so good. Now people don't have to bald anymore" :D

But others who see me quite often don't say anything. Nobody really cares too much. It's me who is obsessing haha. Of course once in a while they say that my hair transplant is a huge success (as I'm growing it longer and trying different hairstyles). But that's it.

• Like 2

Follow me on YouTube

On 11/1/2020 at 1:34 AM, giegnosiganoe said:

Looking good as always. Keep up the vids man. I'm curious, do you know how long Dr. Ferreira has been practicing for? How many cases does he have under his belt, whether that's with Lorenzo or in his own clinic?

I don't know exact numbers, but from what I've heard he has something around 7-10 years of total experience as HT surgeon.
He started working in Dr. Lorenzo's clinic from around 2017, and in his own from 2018.
No idea about the cases, but looks like he is doing 3-5 surgeries a week (can be 2 day surgery like my own), so should be around 156-260 cases a year. How true is this idk, just did a simple math :D

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

• 3 weeks later...

9.5 months

First of all I want to say a huge thanks for everyone who keeps supporting me during my journey so far. It's really been a life changing experience and I truly can't wait to get second one done and leave this finally behind me!

Right now I'm still struggling with thinning mid scalp and crown, but also I still see more hair getting thicker.

In this video I will cover:

- What's happening with my hair transplant right now
- How my hair looks non-washed for 3 days, towel dried & brushed forward
- How I'm currently styling them with this length
- Close-ups of my HT (direct light | indoors | outdoors)
- Donor area

Hope you guys find this video informative!

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

15 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Amazing as ever 🤩 as you have had so much success on the frontal third I’m guessing another ht is on your mind? It would complete it. And that’s taking nothing away from how far you have already come. 

Oh absolutely! That was the plan all along since the beginning, 2 step approach. Can't wait to get my second done. If not current pandemic I would have booked it already for January 2021 :D

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

4 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

Oh absolutely! That was the plan all along since the beginning, 2 step approach. Can't wait to get my second done. If not current pandemic I would have booked it already for January 2021 :D

So many of us hanging on and waiting for our next one 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1