Week 24 (5.5 months)

In the last few weeks I had interesting feeling in my hair. Either it got thicker, longer or more hair grown.
I am able to style it now in a few ways and it looks pretty decent, especially being indoors.

I didn't talk about my donor area as I believe It healed fully already. If you're curious - look for my previous update where I did a low skin fade.

At this point I wouldn't mind for it to stop growing and I would consider it a success for myself as I was literally bald in there before!
But according to this chart, I'm only at 35%? What do you think? To me it looks like I'm at 70-80%!
273C6B07-E96E-42D8-8D5E-B2B7E762453D.jpeg.239da997a2e7782dcd3b2b974321784c.jpeg.0c929287ecff981c76f4eaea452272e0.jpeg

Edited by Rolandas

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

12 hours ago, Rolandas said:

Week 24 (5.5 months)

In the last few weeks I had interesting feeling in my hair. Either it got thicker, longer or more hair grown.
I am able to style it now in a few ways and it looks pretty decent, especially being indoors.

I didn't talk about my donor area as I believe It healed fully already. If you're curious - look for my previous update where I did a low skin fade.

At this point I wouldn't mind for it to stop growing and I would consider it a success for myself as I was literally bald in there before!
But according to this chart, I'm only at 35%? What do you think? To me it looks like I'm at 70-80%!
273C6B07-E96E-42D8-8D5E-B2B7E762453D.jpeg.239da997a2e7782dcd3b2b974321784c.jpeg.0c929287ecff981c76f4eaea452272e0.jpeg

Looks quite good. But why does it say 3500 grafts, didn’t you get closer to 3700?

Yeah I had 3659.
3500 grafts is more "searchable" amount on YT and it's close enough, so I decided to keep it 3500 :D

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Looks like your doc did a good job making the graft angles grow natural as looking at from the front it looks undetectable as an HT...although, looking from top down, my only criticism is why the doc didn’t stagger some grafts to blend in with your native hair from the center midscalp line where he just abruptly stopped placing grafts...it looks obvious and distinct...that said, since you’re loosing hair from mid to crown anyway, should you do another HT I’m sure the obviousness could be resolved.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Looks like your doc did a good job making the graft angles grow natural as looking at from the front it looks undetectable as an HT...although, looking from top down, my only criticism is why the doc didn’t stagger some grafts to blend in with your native hair from the center midscalp line where he just abruptly stopped placing grafts...it looks obvious and distinct...that said, since you’re loosing hair from mid to crown anyway, should you do another HT I’m sure the obviousness could be resolved.

Thanks man! Absolutely agree on angles. If you compare my very frontal forelock (which I had left) and compare it to temple it looks absolutely the same!

Yeah, the line is getting more obvious the better it gets! 🤣 Our plan was 2 surgeries anyways. Also I had a lot of miniaturised hair (which i was hoping to make stronger with meds) in that area  which could be possibly damaged via HT, so that's why I asked him not to do it there.

I remember dr. Pekiner suggested exactly the same.

In any way I'm not really bother by this. More hair to be pushed back to cover bald spot 😁

Follow me on YouTube

At 24 months I’m not sure I’d reached 100% of the result.

From my experience, by month 10 I had the majority of growth achieved but this was not the final ‘result’.

Whilst I would guess most of my new hair had appeared by 10 months, the remaining hair thickened, blended in colour and behaved differently over the following year.

These combined changes to the quality of the had a significant positive effect on the end result! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Smash said:

At 24 months I’m not sure I’d reached 100% of the result.

From my experience, by month 10 I had the majority of growth achieved but this was not the final ‘result’.

Whilst I would guess most of my new hair had appeared by 10 months, the remaining hair thickened, blended in colour and behaved differently over the following year.

These combined changes to the quality of the had a significant positive effect on the end result! 

Interesting insight! Did you have somewhat early growth like me? I feel like all new hairs sprouted already and they just need to thicken up.

Follow me on YouTube

On 7/20/2020 at 3:40 PM, Rolandas said:

Interesting insight! Did you have somewhat early growth like me? I feel like all new hairs sprouted already and they just need to thicken up.

I had the initial early growth where it seemed the majority of hairs appeared. Looking back at pictures, I would definitely say additional new hairs appeared from months 5-10+.

• Thanks 1

So I realized I never brushed down my hair to see how it looks. (Pictures done in front of the window without flash).

I must admit it does look pretty good. Although my vertex is looking worse and worse as my transplant looks better and better! 🤣

20200725_135217.jpg

20200725_135253.jpg

20200725_135233.jpg

Follow me on YouTube

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Month to month this is really looking good! I had that issue with the vertex area. But if you do another Ht it’s going to address it.

The difference from the front is what’s evident here! 

Absolutely! Even taking into account how thin my hair is and how many complications I had during surgery it's unbelievable growth. Seems like 2.73 average graft implanted gives its benefits.

Yeah I'm planning to get second HT done some time next year to fill in mid scalp and crown. Dr. Ferreira estimated 2000-2500 grafts in there + few hundreds grafts to touch-up hairline.

Follow me on YouTube

On 7/25/2020 at 7:09 AM, Rolandas said:

Absolutely! Even taking into account how thin my hair is and how many complications I had during surgery it's unbelievable growth. Seems like 2.73 average graft implanted gives its benefits.

Yeah I'm planning to get second HT done some time next year to fill in mid scalp and crown. Dr. Ferreira estimated 2000-2500 grafts in there + few hundreds grafts to touch-up hairline.

He already discussed touch up with you this early on? 

12 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

He already discussed touch up with you this early on? 

Yeah, he told me during the surgery that he would like to come back to hairline on my second surgery as my hair is very thin just to add couple hundred grafts.

During my recent conversion on 5 month he said the same.

I might be happy with how it will turn out but I guess he likes to do it properly 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

It’s really good that your Dr wants it done right and backs up his work! 

Agreed. I guess we will see in 6 months!

Follow me on YouTube

Month 6

Ladies and (most probably) gentlemen,
It's been a great journey! 6 months is considered only "halfway there", but to me it's already a success.

Looking back where I started and where I'm now, I won't believe it's possible in just 6 months. If this was my full result, I would be extremely happy. If I would get same density on my mid-scalp and crown I would consider the battle against hair loss completed.
Of course everybody has different expectations, but to me, been unable to cover my scalp properly, yet alone having a hairline and now having this, it's a win.

Do you guys have any other suggestions you would like to see?

Follow me on YouTube

This is proving to be awesome result already ! Insane to think you have more to come. 
loving the comb throughs. Your presentation on your videos is always fantastic too. 

The way you have your hair styled is exactly how I do mine for the best effect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

This is proving to be awesome result already ! Insane to think you have more to come. 
loving the comb throughs. Your presentation on your videos is always fantastic too. 

The way you have your hair styled is exactly how I do mine for the best effect.

Appreciate your kind words!

Re: hairstyle - there's no really other way to do it right now haha :D Hair is too short to slick it back, but it's also too long to spike it up or brush forward :D Nevertheless, I'm happy with it!

Follow me on YouTube

Just now, hairlossPA said:

great result so far. you must feel much better and such a relief to get a good result

I'm extremely grateful for what I've got already. Definitely a huge improvement! Thanks!

Follow me on YouTube

32 minutes ago, LondonRamen said:

Does Dr Bruno use a microscope to evaluate extracted grafts or is it eyeballed by technicians/himself?

They are definitely using microscopes as they have 2 of them in the room. I've seen techs checking them while dr. Ferreira was extracting grafts. It's pretty synchronised. One tech is moisturising my donor, taking extracted grafts and giving to other 2 techs that are checking them under microscope and someone is constantly updating graft count on the iPad to show it on a big screen for dr. Ferreira to see.

Follow me on YouTube

12 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

They are definitely using microscopes as they have 2 of them in the room. I've seen techs checking them while dr. Ferreira was extracting grafts. It's pretty synchronised. One tech is moisturising my donor, taking extracted grafts and giving to other 2 techs that are checking them under microscope and someone is constantly updating graft count on the iPad to show it on a big screen for dr. Ferreira to see.

Thanks for your reply. I've booked in with him for November 17-18. I'm not as keen on putting my face out there on the internet, but I will try to see what I can do about making a thread since he does not have much threads on this forum yet.

• Thanks 1