8 minutes ago, Basejump said:

Hey Mr Rolandas,

I have followed your videos on Youtube and I think you provide some really interesting thoughts about HT. I also you think you have some very good results for 7.5 months. Bruno Ferreira looks like he knows his job !

I had a HT 2.5 months ago with Dr Lupanzula. Most of the transplanted hair fell off and I am still waiting for regrowth. I am going through a period of doubts, as many people do at this stage I guess !

I have a question for you : I noticed that some FUE surgeons (De Freitas, Keser, Pekiner) do not extract and implant the hair all at once, in order to minimize the time that the grafts spend out of the body (and thus to increase survival rate).

They proceed by steps : for example for a 2000 grafts session, they first extract only 1000 grafts and then implant them, and then in the afternoon they extract another 1000 grafts and implant them.

It seems like a very good approach to me, and I don't understand why some top FUE surgeons in Belgium like Lupanzula do not do the same thing. For my procedure, the doc extracted all the 2000 grafts in one go, and afterwards the assistants implanted the 2000 grafts, which took several hours.

My procedure lasted about 9 hours and I am afraid about the fact that the grafts stayed several hours out of the body. Of course I know that they are kept in a special saline solution in order to keep them alive, but don't you think that there is a risk that a high percentage of grafts die ?

Thanks for your insight !

Hey man, appreciate your kind words.

I certainly understand where you stand right now. I've been there! Even my brain is playing tricks on me, and I knew very well what I'm signing for!

Different surgeons are using different approaches. According to studies theres no significant difference for grafts to be out of the body between 30 min and 4-5 hours. Also worth mentioning that Dr. Lupanzula is producing outstanding results on a consistent basis, so regardless of his approach you should expect the same result.

If this would be such a big deal, all of the top surgeons would switch their approach.

For what's worth, I had both in the same surgery. On my first day around 1800 grafts been extracted and then all of them been implanted. Due to lots of popping on the first day (my skin is very elastic) Dr. Ferreira changed his approach and did around 400-500 grafts extracted and immediately implanted.

So I had both approaches and by the looks of it everything is growing in a similar fashion.

Dont worry about it, it's not worth it. In 5 months you will be looking back and laughing about it 😉

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Thanks for your reply man !

That’s what I needed to hear. 
I realize I am trying to think of all the ways my HT could go wrong, and I agree that’s not really fruitful.

But time goes by so slowly !! I can’t wait to be in two months. HT is really a big mental test.

Anyway it’s good to hear that Dr. Ferreira had to use both approaches with you and that you did not notice any difference. It’s always comforting !

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Hi Rolandas, thanks so much for updating this thread and keeping everyone informed about your progress.

How long was the waiting time until the procedure with Dr. Ferreira? 

Also are you still on minoxidil in addition to finasteride, or did you drop it? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Hi Rolandas, thanks so much for updating this thread and keeping everyone informed about your progress.

How long was the waiting time until the procedure with Dr. Ferreira? 

Also are you still on minoxidil in addition to finasteride, or did you drop it? 

Hey man,

Waiting list was around 4-5 months if I recall correctly. Although I've heard now it's much longer.

I completely dropped minoxidil before my surgery and didn't come back. Will plan to get back to it after 2nd HT. More info on why I'm doing what I'm doing and future plans in this video :) 

• Like 2

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

8 Month (Week 35)
What's up people, hope everyone is doing well.

Here's my 8 month update video with a little Q/A.

As always I'm sharing my detailed result with High Quality close ups. This time however I messed up a bit with my camera setting (tried 60fps 4k). Indoors it struggles a bit with auto-focus. Will make sure to address this from my next video!

As always hit me up with comments & questions.
If you enjoy my content make sure to like & subscribe, that would be amazing! ;)

Edited by Rolandas
  • Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

22 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Loving it 🤣 damn your hair is looking good (and long) 

That's what she said!

:D

21 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

What do you think will be your sweet spot in terms of length? 

For now I'm growing it out to slick back and cover mid scalp and crown. After 2nd surgery I guess I will experiment with different length. So far people are saying I was looking great at 5 month mark as my hair wasn't very long :D 

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Remind me what’s the plan for the mid scalp? 

Mid scalp & vertex - around 2500 grafts. Possible touch up on frontal area as well with 100 grafts or so to sprinkle few areas.

Follow me on YouTube

9 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Same Dr? 

Absolutely. Why would I change it O_O

Follow me on YouTube

Video editing is simultaneously advancing in line with your hair follicles my man - looking fantastic. 

Second to none showcasing of the comb throughs as always - and you've now got a nice and solid frame to your face, with the hair sitting really well naturally. 

Big thumbs up to Dr BF 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Video editing is simultaneously advancing in line with your hair follicles my man - looking fantastic. 

Second to none showcasing of the comb throughs as always - and you've now got a nice and solid frame to your face, with the hair sitting really well naturally. 

Big thumbs up to Dr BF 

I would say my editing is less "lazy" as it was before. I'm putting more and more work into it. I've been editing videos for many years here and there, but artistic notes of course are improving :D I appreciate your comment, this keeps me going!

Been discussing with friend today how successful my HT is. He said it looks very natural, it doesn't look like there were any issues. Of course if I would go in and expose then you would be able to see some see-through, but nothing in life is perfect right? :D

Follow me on YouTube

14 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Superb result. Happy for you man.

Does dr. Ferreria use Microscope for single hair in frontline?

Oh yes, He has this "alien" looking like futuristic microscope that is super easy to use. His techs even showed me my grafts under this microscope :D

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

2 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

Oh yes, He has this "alien" looking like futuristic microscope that is super easy to use. His techs even showed me my grafts under this microscope :D

That's good. I learned my lesson with dr. Keser thats why i am asking.

Also, for your hairline did he use hairs from your nape and around ear?

These 2 zones are the best when it comes to take hair and implant in hairline.

26 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

That's good. I learned my lesson with dr. Keser thats why i am asking.

Also, for your hairline did he use hairs from your nape and around ear?

These 2 zones are the best when it comes to take hair and implant in hairline.

I'm 99% sure. Haven't asked specifically (although during the surgery I was asking him so many questions, might as well slipped through while being half conscious haha).
According to my extractions I've got some grafts extracted lower around the ears and quite low on the nape. Although my hair is naturally very thin, I can definitely tell my frontal hairline hair looks thinner than immediately behind it. I'm still unsure whether or not they will just mature, so I guess I will know for sure after another 4 months :D

Follow me on YouTube

11 hours ago, Rolandas said:

I'm 99% sure. Haven't asked specifically (although during the surgery I was asking him so many questions, might as well slipped through while being half conscious haha).
According to my extractions I've got some grafts extracted lower around the ears and quite low on the nape. Although my hair is naturally very thin, I can definitely tell my frontal hairline hair looks thinner than immediately behind it. I'm still unsure whether or not they will just mature, so I guess I will know for sure after another 4 months :D

I see, I see..

Can you give me a contact number where I can talk with him or his assistant? 

I am very interested in his work, possible to go a surgery with him.

1 minute ago, Clark.Ethan said:

I see, I see..

Can you give me a contact number where I can talk with him or his assistant? 

I am very interested in his work, possible to go a surgery with him.

I'm talking with him over the email on brunoferreira@brunoferreira.com (looks hilarious i know 😁)

I know he has an assistant now that does some emails. I think best place is to check his website https://brunoferreira.com

Follow me on YouTube

5 hours ago, Rolandas said:

I'm talking with him over the email on brunoferreira@brunoferreira.com (looks hilarious i know 😁)

I know he has an assistant now that does some emails. I think best place is to check his website https://brunoferreira.com

I talk to them via WhatsApp, the number can be found on the website on the contact us page.

• 2 weeks later...

8.5 months

It's coming on really really nicely! When I saw myself on 2-4 months after my surgery I was a bit shocked how bald I was! :D

In this video:
- New haircut! (2 barbers are shocked over my donor area!)
- Q/A
- Close-ups in different light conditions for realistic look
- Experiment: My hairline looks completely different depending where is the light source

Beware when you're looking at different pictures or videos when trying to decide on surgeon/clinic. Keep in mind where the light source is as it will completely change the way hairline looks!

I truly hope my "experiments" and different things I showcase in the videos are helping a lot of guys. So many are reaching out to me on a daily basis and this motivates me to keep doing what I'm doing.

Thanks for watching!

Follow me on YouTube