Is it a normal result after 4 days of hair transplantation?

I have undergone hair transplantation. A total of 4100 grafts are transplanted for me by DHI technique: 2400 grafts from the donor area of my head, 1000 grafts from my chin, 700 grafts from my chest. 

The attached photo shows my head after 4 days of the transplantation. Is it a normal result? I mean, it is normal that the blood clots to be spaced out after 4 days? Will my hair regrows from wherever or only from the locations of the shown blood clots?

٢٠١٩٠٤١١_١٧٣٨١٤.jpg

Edited by hairtargeter

Don't want to alarm you, but the spaces between the grafts just look plain wrong. I'm struggling to see anywhere near 4100 grafts in that picture.

Do you have a picture immediately after post-op? Who was the surgeon?

Edited by Fozzie

hello,

considering the grade of your baldness, your doctor should have placed the grafts strategically. I mean he/she should have left your crown for a second revision and should have focused on your hairline. That way he/she could have focused on one problem at a time without running out grafts to cover the whole balding area.

as far as the blood clots are concerned, they look somewhat normal (dont want to scare you). terminal hair (existing hair) will regrow if available otherwise only planted hairs will grow. 

please do count your grafts using techniques available on the internet. they dont look like 4100 grafts to me!

Edited by abixx

What’s going on here .. please use ur common sense n count the dots on ur head .. n ask the clinic if this is 4100 grafts . What kind of plan is this ? I know u are desperate for hair ,. But Why would u not be more educated on surgery ,, n let these clinics take advantage of u.. I’m sorry , but it just makes me kinda mad .. they took ur money knowing they made no cosmetic difference .. keep track of ur monthly progress on here ,, n let the pics speak for themselves .,I’m hoping u get a satisfying result , but if u don’t . At least u have a record of their result for other potential clients .. 

n no it’s not normal for the grafts to be so spaced out apart.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This picture was taken after 4 days of the surgery and my head was dealt with by lotion and washed by a shampoo 2 times (one time per day) so that many clots might be cleaned away.

Edited by hairtargeter

Can you please take more pictures? Different angles in helpful lighting that shows us your situation. Obviously the crown of your head isn't where the bulk of the transplanted hairs go, but we'd like to see where the remaining grafts are. This pic shows maybe half of the grafts that you're saying got transferred.

As far as the bleeding, it looks for sure like more bleeding than normal. Are you drying your hair in a dabbing motion or a rubbing motion? It looks like some grafts are in a questionable state.

Maybe you're just a bleeder. Take extreme care of your HT. Touch your skin as if it was sunburned; lightly and non-abrasive (no lateral motion on your scalp, purely dabbing/patting).

Best of luck.

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

58 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

Wow that looks bizarre!   

This is not helpful at all. It's not constructive nor informative. 

He is a patient. Concern turns to fear with toxic comments like these. I don't think you'd want people shitting on you when you're a week out from surgery.

Ask yourself why you're saying what you're saying. What do you gain with this? How could it possibly be construed as beneficial to the OP's question/ thread topic? 

You don't have to radiate positivity, but you definitely can not be an ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Airfare guide

8 hours ago, Lennney said:

This is not helpful at all. It's not constructive nor informative. 

He is a patient. Concern turns to fear with toxic comments like these. I don't think you'd want people shitting on you when you're a week out from surgery.

Ask yourself why you're saying what you're saying. What do you gain with this? How could it possibly be construed as beneficial to the OP's question/ thread topic? 

You don't have to radiate positivity, but you definitely can not be an ass.

Get off your high horse.  The guy posted one picture which shows an extremely bizarre result.   If I was in that position I would want people telling me so I could immediately discuss with the doctor or post more pictures.   This isn’t a therapy website, people need to be more blunt sometimes.  And bizarre was me being nice. 

On 5/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, hairtargeter said:

I have undergone hair transplantation. A total of 4100 grafts are transplanted for me by DHI technique: 2400 grafts from the donor area of my head, 1000 grafts from my chin, 700 grafts from my chest. 

The attached photo shows my head after 4 days of the transplantation. Is it a normal result? I mean, it is normal that the blood clots to be spaced out after 4 days? Will my hair regrows from wherever or only from the locations of the shown blood clots?

٢٠١٩٠٤١١_١٧٣٨١٤.jpg

On 5/19/2019 at 6:24 AM, hairtargeter said:

This picture was taken after 4 days of the surgery and my head was dealt with by lotion and washed by a shampoo 2 times (one time per day) so that many clots might be cleaned away.

Hi Hairtargerer,

If you want an accurate assessment of your surgery then you really need to show more detailed pics showing the full extent of your surgery, not just a snapshot of an area which may not be the main focal point of your surgery.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to say but that doesn't look to be anywhere close to 4100 grafts to be honest. As others have said, you need to provide more pics showing the whole treated area. Due to the widespread placement of the grafts, you're not going to get a dense result, but hopefully you'll get good growth which will at least provide a base for a second procedure (donor allowing).

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Hi, I've actually just recently seen the rest of the pics, the op sent them to me. The focus of the transplant was the hairline and the frontal third and the pics we see above was just a few excess grafts scattered in the crown area which will need to be addressed in a follow up surgery. It actually does look like a few thousand grafts were used, just wanted to clarify that for you guys.

Edited by Shera

9 minutes ago, Shera said:

Hi, I've actually just recently seen the rest of the pics, the op sent them to me. The focus of the transplant was the hairline and the frontal third and the pics we see above was just a few excess grafts scattered in the crown area which will need to be addressed in a follow up surgery. It actually does look like a few thousand grafts were used, just wanted to clarify that for you guys.

Thanks for this additional information/clarity. This raises a few more questions for me in terms of getting a clearer picture of what the OP is experiencing.

OP - Do you still have donor hair remaining? If so, what was the reasoning for already moving to chin hair and chest hair? Those are typically used as a last resort. Also, if you want more input, I suggest providing the other pictures as requested - if for nothing else than to paint a clearer picture for others who might have something to learn from your case. If a follow up procedure is part of the game plan, where do you plan on getting those grafts? In the picture provided, the grafts do seem very sparse/spread out - and I trust that you did your research and have a proper plan in place to address this in the future. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I will send the rest of the pictures in a message to you. I send them in private messages to whom request them or may give advice.

About my follow-up strategy, I have considered that the transplantation will rebuild the blood circulation in the scalp, so that I may be more responsive for further meditation other than transplantation if it will be no longer possible. I am really not sure if primary hair transplantation will make the patient more responsible for meditation later to gain more hairs in addition to transplanted hairs.

In addition, there may be another choice which is the hair cloning even though it is not possible now as it is considered to be available in 2027. When it becomes available, it will be a decisive solution for me. As I was advised that it shouldn't be transplanted more than 4000 grafts in one surgery, I decided to undergo my first transplantation to give the chance for myself to get a higher density in any further transplantation procedure, if done.

2 hours ago, pkipling said:

Thanks for this additional information/clarity. This raises a few more questions for me in terms of getting a clearer picture of what the OP is experiencing.

OP - Do you still have donor hair remaining? If so, what was the reasoning for already moving to chin hair and chest hair? Those are typically used as a last resort. Also, if you want more input, I suggest providing the other pictures as requested - if for nothing else than to paint a clearer picture for others who might have something to learn from your case. If a follow up procedure is part of the game plan, where do you plan on getting those grafts? In the picture provided, the grafts do seem very sparse/spread out - and I trust that you did your research and have a proper plan in place to address this in the future. 

I will send the rest of the pictures in a message to you. I send them in private messages to whom request them or may give advice.

About my follow-up strategy, I have considered that the transplantation will rebuild the blood circulation in the scalp, so that I may be more responsive for further meditation other than transplantation if it will be no longer possible. I am really not sure if primary hair transplantation will make the patient more responsible for meditation later to gain more hairs in addition to transplanted hairs.

In addition, there may be another choice which is the hair cloning even though it is not possible now as it is considered to be available in 2027. When it becomes available, it will be a decisive solution for me. As I was advised that it shouldn't be transplanted more than 4000 grafts in one surgery, I decided to undergo my first transplantation to give the chance for myself to get a higher density in any further transplantation procedure, if done.

3 hours ago, Shera said:

I was really the best solution I could have gotten at this stage. I decided to undergo hair transplantation anyway. Even though a second surgery may be decisive, I am not sure if I will be eligible for it.

• Administrators

@hairtargeter

We do not delete posts, you still have a chance to edit out any of your posts. If you need help editing let me know. 

Best wishes, 

Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think your current strategy of building a foundation of hair is valid, and the hairs you did transplant will transform your appearance. I think you will be pleased with the progress from the before to the after. I see you're talking about experimental treatments, but no need to plan too far out not knowing where you will be in 18 months. Continue to nurse your HT and take the recommended medications, it may be enough to complete the transformative look you're seeking. I hope you provide periodic updates if you can.

Airfare guide