FUT result- Dr. Feriduni

Hello all,

I just want to share my experience as I had two HT with Dr. Feriduni the 1st one was planned to be 3500 FUT but the result was not that good, then I mailed the doctor and they offered a touch up FUE which I had after two years from FUT and there was no big difference. I didn't get a clear explanation of why I ended up with such results however I decided to move forward and to have another HT with around 2700 FUT. I had a wish to have my HT in Canada (H&W) but due to visa issues I have to change my destination. I don't trust that I will get a good FUT results in Turkey and most of doctors now prefer FUE on patients without a previous surgeries. I made a huge search and still can't decide yet, so I thought may someone can advice as I really wish.

Cheers,

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear that your result wasn't good. I normally wouldn't get involved with something like this, but I'm curious why you had visa problems traveling to Canada. Is that a problem that can be sorted?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Gentel_man,

Thanks for posting and sharing your concerns. I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your hair transplant procedures with Dr. Feriduni. However, I do ask that you post some detail before pictures and pictures after your first hair transplant procedure and again after your second one. If you have any photos showing your scalp immediately after either procedure, please paste them as well. Furthermore, we will be contacting you or Dr. to notify him about your concerns so that he has an opportunity to share his side of the story. That said, we ask that you identify yourself privately to either the Clinic or me so that the clinic knows who you are and can respond accordingly. You will need to give your clinic permission to share their side of the story.

Please contact me privately and provide me with both your full name and the date of your hair transplant procedure is. He will then notify the doctor so that he may form a reply to this topic.

Also, have you expressed your dissatisfaction with your second procedure to the clinic? What did they say?

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

Thank you for sharing your experience, I share the same sentiments as Bill, please contact us privately with your first and last name and date of surgery so the surgeon can identify you as a patient. We have also reached out to the doctor for his response. Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think posting your full name along with pictures is only fair based on your incredibly disingenuous topic title. I suggest you email the clinic with your full name if not prepared to post here and make them aware of your topic so that they can post your pictures and history.

Regards

Spex

You've completely misused the word disingenuous. We have no reason to believe that yet. Maybe he's telling the truth, maybe not. But the title itself does not reveal that he's being disingenuous. Give him a chance to respond to peoples' requests for further information, and don't pre-judge.

Asking him to post his full name is also completely unreasonable.

Spex,

I appreciate your dedication to this community and attempting to hold patients accountable along with physicians However, I do agree that it is a bit premature to call the poster disingenuous when he may just not have had time to present pictures or respond to member questions. However, I do agree that patients need to be held accountable and provide proof of their claims. We all know that Coalition member Dr. Feriduni is top notch so I can certainly understand those who are quick to defend him. However, I prefer not to make this a case of defending either party but instead, helping both the patient and doctor collaborate on fashioning an amicable resolution that’s fair to all parties.

Both Melvin and I have posted asking for this patient to privately identify himself so that we can provide the information to the clinic as appropriate. Moreover, we have contacted Dr. Feriduni to notify him about this topic and encouraged him or his staff to respond with their side of the story. Obviously, we want to maintain a fair and balanced environment for both physicians and patients so in the event that the patient doesn’t provide the information we requested in a suitable amount of time, then we will end up archiving this topic out of public view because it’s not fair. However, if he does provide all the information and he is being genuine, then we will allow this topic to proceed in hopes that amicable resolution can be reached.

Best wishes,

Bill

You've completely misused the word disingenuous. We have no reason to believe that yet. Maybe he's telling the truth, maybe not. But the title itself does not reveal that he's being disingenuous. Give him a chance to respond to peoples' requests for further information, and don't pre-judge.

Asking him to post his full name is also completely unreasonable.

I've seen doctors threaten to sue people (and supposedly gone through with it) on here for extensive complaints about bad results and post-op treatment they've confirmed with photo evidence. Indeed it is completely unreasonable to expect someone to give their name and would be just asking for trouble.

Of course yes OP needs to show photo evidence that he attended the clinic and of his results however. It's also more helpful to others if OP posts photos in the thread and not just privately to mods.

Also on Spex overstated bashing; it's not hard to see this guy has a decade old account and mentioned organising surgery with Feriduni in 2012. Are rival clinics setting up accounts 5 years in advance before trashing specific surgeons down the track now? Seems legit.

Edited by JeanLDD

Disagree. Post made with NO pictures but very damming topic title with zero proof. Underhand in my opinion. Seen it too many times.

Patient needs be held accountable.

Underhand does not equal disingenuous (and it's even debatable whether or not he's been underhand). Again, you've completely misused the word. Apart from needing a dictionary, I'd suggest you put the patient first, rather than a doctor, until we have anything to suggest the original poster has actually done something wrong.

Few things for me are important:

1. If you have a failed FUT and FUE from a good clinic, you should be very (!) cautios about the next step. With strip it is hard to mishandle the grafts so maybe you should look for a clinic with a different approach (implanter pen, stick and place or sth like that)

2. Feriduni really has a bad streak in here: This is the 3rd complain in a short time either without pics and/or very premature (<3 months).

3. Account Looks genuine but: A long term user should know that this is worthless without pics and Looks fishy.

I think Spex is reasonable in what he has said. Why would you make a statement and back it up with no pictures? When i had a disastrous result with a coalition dr the first thing I did was post pics whilst requesting help and advice .

Justgofue,

In my opinion, the negative topic title purposefully includes the drs name, with absolutely no evidence or proof. I see still no response 72hrs later despite the admins request for proof too. I hope I'm wrong but I've seen this too many times.

Patients should always come first. I'm all about the patient. I am one.

Regards

Spex

It doesn't matter if he never replies - the passage of time is inconsequential to the fact that you've used harsh words out of context with zero proof. Just because someone doesn't conform to your standards, doesn't mean he's 'disingenuous' or 'underhand'.

I think posting your full name along with pictures is only fair based on your incredibly disingenuous topic title. I suggest you email the clinic with your full name if not prepared to post here and make them aware of your topic so that they can post your pictures and history.

Regards

Spex

I disagree with a patient having to post their whole name open for the board. There is no reason that the moderators cannot corroborate his story, but he should have to post pics.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

Gentel_man,

We have not heard from you, I will reach out to you once again privately and ask you for identifying information. If I do not hear back from you I will have to archive this thread from public view in fairness to the community. Thanks

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Spex,

I know that you have the discussion forum community his best interest in mind and you want to see patients held accountable just as doctors are. Believe me, our goal is to maintain a fair and see if environment for both physician and patient. In fact, Melvin and I were speaking earlier today and we realize that we have not yet heard from gentel_man. While we certainly do not want to be too quick and walk and archive this topic out of public view, we do need the patient to respond to our concerns and honor our request to post photos and to privately identify himself so that we can notify the clinic. If he does not do this in a couple of days, we will have to archive this topic out of public view because it is not fair to Dr. Feriduni to leave this topic open when he can’t even properly respond to the concerns. Thus, I asked Melvin to post a reply which she did and contact the patient privately to give him one more chance to honor our request. If he does not buy Thursday, we will likely be archiving this topic out of public view.

This discussion forum is a venue to share genuine opinions, experiences and Dr. reviews. However, we need to keep a fair and balanced community and in order to do so, both surgeons/clinics and patients must be held accountable. If a doctor is truly in the wro this discussion forum is a venue to share genuine the pinons, experiences and doctor reviews. However, we need to keep a fair and balanced community and in order to do so, both surgeons/clinics and patience must be held accountable. There have been times when patient reviews have resulted in a surgeon this termination from being recommended or the coal Lycian while there are other times where we must remove a topic or post because the patient is unfairly maligning the doctor or refuses to identify himself privately or give his surgeon permission to post their side of the story including pictures. We will give this patient a couple days to respond but after that, he’ll have to archive it.

Best wishes,

Bill

I for one am totally on the side of a patient if he has has a bad result etc ,but at the same time it's not fair

to a reputable Doc if he is not given the chance to address any concerns a patient may have, so I agree ,without pics ,time-line etc [of course no need to give name ] moderators have no choice but to archive this post .

OP is a dumbass if he doesn't post pics. Most of the time the site and surgeon are happy to help resolve the issue and if they're not; well he has the opportunity to skewer them and make sure other patients see unethical conduct.

Sometimes I think patients know subconsciously they are being unreasonable about an issue or that its in their head which in turn makes them refuse to post pics. They're internally aware the community will tell them they have nothing to complain about so just don't post proof at all.

I created this thread seeking for advise and to give an idea about where I had my previous surgery not to attack the clinic or the doctor. I respect Dr. Feriduni and I know that he did his best but I ended up with unsatisfying results after both the FUT and the touch up FUE. I will post some photos showing my result just to show who accused me that I am telling the truth and later on I will delete this threat because of the misunderstanding that happened when I wrote the doctor name. Again, I am wrote just to have an appreciated recommendation my next FUT as I have mailed some doctors in Europe who refused to do FUE for me due to below average donor area and when I searched most of recent patient's results I found they were FUE.

Edited by gentel_man83

I created this thread seeking for advise and to give an idea about where I had my previous surgery not to attack the clinic or the doctor. I respect Dr. Feriduni and I know that he did his best but I ended up with unsatisfying results after both the FUT and the touch up FUE. I will post some photos showing my result just to show who accused me that I am telling the truth and later on I will delete this threat because of the misunderstanding that happened when I wrote the doctor name. Again, I am wrote just to have an appreciated recommendation my next FUT as I have mailed some doctors in Europe who refused to do FUE for me due to below average donor area and when I searched most of recent patient's results I found they were FUE.

The main problem with your post is without pics preferably before and after ones you left yourself open to some of the responses you received . Given your result as you have presented it

your original post is remarkably benign, and I think most people would agree the result is not a satisfactory one .

Do you have any before pics ?

I found two pics before my trip to Belgium and you may can figure that I had a previous HT but it was a minor one with less than 400 grafts and it was unsuccessful because later on I discovered that the doctor had no experience at all.

before.jpg.9337f4b5ea458cc664f5a06e30dbd074.jpg

before2.jpg.7531faea03d87f75aa34c3c7809bda3d.jpg

Disagree. Post made with NO pictures but very damming topic title with zero proof. Underhand in my opinion. Seen it too many times.

Patient needs be held accountable.

Who you are to describe me " underhand"?!! If you have something good to say or you can advise then you are most welcome otherwise, I will not be happy to see your name posting in this thread.

Few things for me are important:

1. If you have a failed FUT and FUE from a good clinic, you should be very (!) cautios about the next step. With strip it is hard to mishandle the grafts so maybe you should look for a clinic with a different approach (implanter pen, stick and place or sth like that)

2. Feriduni really has a bad streak in here: This is the 3rd complain in a short time either without pics and/or very premature (<3 months).

3. Account Looks genuine but: A long term user should know that this is worthless without pics and Looks fishy.

Thanks for your reply and advice and will be more thankful if you can guide me to such clinics to mail them and search for their results. That's what I was looking for thank you again.

Sorry about your failed transplants .. do u have any donor hair left ? U must be really depleted n still have a lot of scalp to cover:.

Also about ur first doctor who in their right mind would only do 400 grafts with ur advanced hairloss ..

With all these failed transplants maybe u should consider another routeiff u don’t have enough donor hair left .. also can u even shave ur head anymore ? Is ur scalp tissue damaged n bumpy ? It looks still red , and it seems like u lost more hair prior to the surgeries .. wish u the best ..