FUT result- Dr. Feriduni

Thanks for your reply and advice and will be more thankful if you can guide me to such clinics to mail them and search for their results. That's what I was looking for thank you again.

Lorenzo uses choi implanter as far as I know and Erdgogan uses KEEP, but (! this is a big one !) this is not important for you right now.

If these are your pics after 2 FUE and 1 FUT you are in serious trouble.

To give you any kind of advice, you need to post better pics: Pre-, Intra- and Post-OP including donor, scar and recipient.

Then we understand the planning and your status right now to provide advice.

Like legend said: Why did you have a 400 FU FUE with such a status? How can you call the second FUE a touch up, when basically nothing has grown?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Gentel_man,

I hope you are able to provide me with your name and date of surgery, I agree based on the pictures the results appear lackluster, but we should allow Dr. Feriduni the opportunity to explain what happened here and provide any possible explanations for the results.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So many posts, such a long time... I got the feeling that the OP doesn't want help.

At least from surgey 2 and 3 there should be plenty of pictures (before, intra, after from donor and recipient).

No pics, no possible help. Good luck anyway.

He did post pictures.

Maybe the guy isnt into writing on forums like we are. Maybe he doesnt work on the computer. Maybe English isnt his first language. My guess is he doesnt have access to all the before, intra, after from donor and recipient photos, didnt know he should post them all, or he's in the process of trying to get them. He does reply but he obviously doesn't come on the forum every day. To jump on the guy because he didnt know that he should show photos upfront, and then because he was a bit slow to respond isnt fair.

I think it's great that the moderators are trying to reach out to him.

He did post pictures.

Maybe the guy isnt into writing on forums like we are. Maybe he doesnt work on the computer. Maybe English isnt his first language. My guess is he doesnt have access to all the before, intra, after from donor and recipient photos, didnt know he should post them all, or he's in the process of trying to get them...To jump on the guy because he didnt know that he should show photos upfront, and then because he was a bit slow to respond isnt fair.

I am sorry, but I did not (!) jump on him.

If you search help, you have to give input.

The TO is here for years (!) and had 3 (!) tansplants. He should know what to do and also was asked several times. You do not need english as a first language to post pics and the most important: 100 % there are pre, intra and post OP pics. Feriduni has always he same type of pics and you get them directly after the OP.

How are we going to give advice based on this pics wothout a single one from the donor?

Doctor feriduni is a great doc, with a lot of successful transplants. but in this case , his patient definitely didn’t get the result that he’s satisfied with .. hes a balding man with a high Norwood , a difficult case .. without a doubt .. but there’s been successes with high Norwood cases , look at Melvin n others on this forum . They got good hair now when they got a good surgery even with a high Norwood .. if the op didn’t have a good enough donor , n feridunis clinic didn’t they they can work on him they wouldn’t .. but they did .. n they did it twice ,, that’s double the money they took from him .. that’s thousands of dollars n wasted grafts n months of his time that he lost .. n the op is still calm about it .. so give him a break .. every clinic has their bad moments , not everyone will have good results , that’s why cosmetic surgery is not under warranty, it’s what the clinics do to make things better for their patients when things don’t go as planned .. n the effort of this forum to help make things better for both sides is what makes it credible when u recommend clinics... it’s this reason alone I choose to only trust clinics on this forum .. it’s when u stand by ur word n do what’s right for everyone involved..

Dear all,

Firstly, Iet me explain that I am really not into writing on forums regularly because I don't have access to my computer daily. I have received an email from Dr. Feriduni and I am in touch with Melvin and sent to him all pics I have. I have already posted some of them here and will post them again to make it clear for everyone. 

Photo (1): Local FUT HT 

Photo (2,3): 10 months FUT post op by Dr. Feriduni.

Photo (4,5,6,7,8) FUE by Dr. Feriduni

Photo (9,10,11,12) Final result for both FUT&FUE

Again I hope to understand that I am trying to find the best possible option for my case not to attack the doctor. I have full respect to Dr. Feriduni and his previously posted outstanding results. 20140305_230017.jpg.4a5d60e7e2c47e2a8b4fbdda2edb878a.jpg

1st.jpg

20140305_230033.jpg

dsc_0392.jpg

dsc_0412.jpg

dsc_0414.jpg

3.jpg

dsc_0390.jpg

IMG_5374JPG.jpg

rsz_img_5353.jpg

rsz_img_5364.jpg

4.jpg

• Administrators

Dr. Feriduni has responded to my email, I will tell him to go ahead and post his response to this thread. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Pretty appalled by how this guy was being treated.. it is completely understandable why he wouldn't want to share his contract information. Also where is the response from the clinic? 

Gentel_man,

Thank you for sharing more information and for posting photos.  I know Melvin has been in touch with you and Dr. Feriduni and I know you’ve heard from him via email as well.   What did he say?

it does appear that you’ve had surgery prior to visiting Dr. Feriduni which I suspect may be part of the issues you’re experiencing.   It’s my hope that you will work with Dr. Feriduni andgive him the chance to help you get the results you want and deserve.  

Please let us know what the plan is. 

Best wishes,

Bill

5 hours ago, Payam said:

Pretty appalled by how this guy was being treated.. it is completely understandable why he wouldn't want to share his contract information. Also where is the response from the clinic? 

Dear Payam,

Due to legal restrictions we are waiting for the written consent of the patient. 
We're very sorry that we can't respond with a proper medically substantiated explanation until then.

Kind regards,

Edited by L0ke

L0ke - Representative for Dr. Feriduni

Loke,

I noticed that you said that you’re still waiting for the patient to provide you with the necessary permission to share her you were side of the story. Are you having a hard time getting a hold of him or is he refusing? Alternately, we expect patients  to be fair and reasonable by allowing their physician to share their side of the story. 

In the event that the patient does not give you permission, the only fair thing to do is to archive the topic out of public view. We are not a venue that enables one party to provide their opinion without enabling the other to do the same.   So, please let me know what’s going on with this because as far as I’m concerned, the patient should have given you permission to reply quite sometime ago. 

Best wishes,

Bill

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:53 PM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Loke,

I noticed that you said that you’re still waiting for the patient to provide you with the necessary permission to share her you were side of the story. Are you having a hard time getting a hold of him or is he refusing? Alternately, we expect patients  to be fair and reasonable by allowing their physician to share their side of the story. 

In the event that the patient does not give you permission, the only fair thing to do is to archive the topic out of public view. We are not a venue that enables one party to provide their opinion without enabling the other to do the same.   So, please let me know what’s going on with this because as far as I’m concerned, the patient should have given you permission to reply quite sometime ago. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Bill,

I replied to Dr. Feriduni mail on 27-06-2018 and informed him that I have no problem of course to share his side of the story here as long as it doesn't reveal any personal details. Moreover, below is Dr. Feriduni reply to my case 

"In general, following points are important for a good result.    

1) The operation

2) The healing process during the first 14 days postoperative

3) Patient related factors like the PGI (Personal Growing Index), BUPA (Bald unpattern alopecia), general diseases, smoking  or other non-MPB (Male pattern baldness) related reasons.

Going back to your first surgery on 24.10.2012 at my clinic:              

The donor quality wasn’t very good – we discussed this during your preoperative consultation.  But you had this hairtransplantion before and there were only two possibilities: Going on or extraction the FU in the hairline and reduce the scar visibility with an FUE treatment

Your donor density occipital wasn’t so bad (72 - 76 FU/cm²) but we had a high amount of single FU with only a Hairdensity of 158 Hairs/cm2. 

The total number of FU’s which we got out of the strip was 3649 FU and 1648 of this amount were unfortunately single FU’s.

The postoperative recovery was influenced by some yellowish scabs but overall, the healing progressed without complications.

Although the outcome wasn’t as expected, we were able to see an improvement at the level of your frontal region on your forwarded pictures after 11 months postoperative.

Thus a second operation, considering your donor situation, was performed in FUE with the idea/strategy/goal to “cherry-pick” the double and triple FU, to obtain a higher HGI (Hair per Graft Index).

After your 2nd procedure on 14.04.2015, I haven’t heard back from you besides the 18th day postoperative where your scalp seemed to be recovering well from the last procedure.        

And as I didn’t receive any further updates I presumed that the result turned out fine because most patients tend to forget to keep us posted as the growth continues to mature. But the majority revisits my clinic after 1 year for the final result.

Therefore, I hope that, even after 3 years, you’re still willing to visit my clinic to discuss all possible options.  Rest assured, I will take your travel costs (flight + hotel) for my account. And we’ll help you to arrange your visa approval once again.

However, I do believe that it would be a nonegated  procedure to have your scalp checked in advance through a biopsy of both recipient and donor area to exclude, of what recently has been revealed, BUPA (Bald Unpatterned Alopecia) which would be the opposite of DUPA (Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia). As in both cases, we see a male pattern baldness condition with +20 % ongoing miniaturization in the donor area, which could have been the cause of the significant lack of density in the recipient area. "

This is for your information and to keep you updated.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, Legend007 said:

Doctor feriduni is a great doc, with a lot of successful transplants. but in this case , his patient definitely didn’t get the result that he’s satisfied with .. hes a balding man with a high Norwood , a difficult case .. without a doubt .. but there’s been successes with high Norwood cases , look at Melvin n others on this forum . They got good hair now when they got a good surgery even with a high Norwood .. if the op didn’t have a good enough donor , n feridunis clinic didn’t they they can work on him they wouldn’t .. but they did .. n they did it twice ,, that’s double the money they took from him .. that’s thousands of dollars n wasted grafts n months of his time that he lost .. n the op is still calm about it .. so give him a break .. every clinic has their bad moments , not everyone will have good results , that’s why cosmetic surgery is not under warranty, it’s what the clinics do to make things better for their patients when things don’t go as planned .. n the effort of this forum to help make things better for both sides is what makes it credible when u recommend clinics... it’s this reason alone I choose to only trust clinics on this forum .. it’s when u stand by ur word n do what’s right for everyone involved..

Thank you Legend007 again for your reply and I would like to highlight and emphasize that Dr. Feriduni did the second surgery "FUE" for free of charge, since it was supposed to be a touch up surgery and to improve the result of the first surgery.

12 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

So what is your response to this reply by Dr Feriduni and his clinic? It sounds like it was not his fault. What is the opinion of other people?

Definitely a fair response overall, although I wouldn't say it's "not his fault". There is nothing to even suggest Feriduni himself believes that from this response.

Only thing I take issue with is this

"Your donor density occipital wasn’t so bad (72 - 76 FU/cm²) but we had a high amount of single FU with only a Hairdensity of 158 Hairs/cm2. 

The total number of FU’s which we got out of the strip was 3649 FU and 1648 of this amount were unfortunately single FU’s."

Firstly this isn't an abnormal result for a strip procedure, around 2.1 which is typical for Caucasians. By no means is this a reason for a poor result. Secondly, we can easily look at the post ops and deduce the reality that there aren't 3649 grafts of any sort that grew on his head. From the fact that larger grafts were cherry picked in the second procedure with similarly poor results this is again evident. This is a growth issue, not a donor issue. 

Considering the offer to pay travel costs it does seem very reasonable. Looking at the donor with obvious signs of retrograde alopecia and already being something of a warzone,  sizeable improvement through further transplants might be more trouble than they're worth.

21 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Definitely a fair response overall, although I wouldn't say it's "not his fault". There is nothing to even suggest Feriduni himself believes that from this response.

Only thing I take issue with is this

"Your donor density occipital wasn’t so bad (72 - 76 FU/cm²) but we had a high amount of single FU with only a Hairdensity of 158 Hairs/cm2. 

The total number of FU’s which we got out of the strip was 3649 FU and 1648 of this amount were unfortunately single FU’s."

Firstly this isn't an abnormal result for a strip procedure, around 2.1 which is typical for Caucasians. By no means is this a reason for a poor result. Secondly, we can easily look at the post ops and deduce the reality that there aren't 3649 grafts of any sort that grew on his head. From the fact that larger grafts were cherry picked in the second procedure with similarly poor results this is again evident. This is a growth issue, not a donor issue. 

Considering the offer to pay travel costs it does seem very reasonable. Looking at the donor with obvious signs of retrograde alopecia and already being something of a warzone,  sizeable improvement through further transplants might be more trouble than they're worth.

What about BHT combined with FUE for recipient and SMP in the donor?

Sorry gentle_man, for the late reply. I had trouble to get access to the new forum.

You made the right step to post pics and contact the forum board.

This is actually all I wanted to say:  You need to share information (pictures, not your real name) to get help. I did not (!) want to imply that this is a good result or you are a fake.

Seeing your result, this is obviously dissapointing respecting the amount of grafts taken. Your donor looks already spars, especially below the strip; slightly better above.

The offer from Feriduni (to take over all travel costs) is fair, but you should still try to get a second opinion from another recommended clinic. If, and this is a big IF, you have a bullet left, it is definitely you last. Also, in case a biopsy can/would lead to the result that you are not a candidate for a hairtransplant, this biopsy should have been taken before (!) the last FUE after already two FUT with poor growth performed. This would be on the clinic. Only error from your side: You should not have waited 3 years to ask for help.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

4 hours ago, Payam said:

What about BHT combined with FUE for recipient and SMP in the donor?

BHT is unpredictable and not always close enough in terms of texture to natural scalp hair to work naturally. Certainly wouldn't opt for it in this guys case where he has very little on top to begin with, highly exposed BH could look disastrous and isn't worth the risk. 

If he's had this much surgery and without even remotely successful results through both FUE and FUT with a top surgeon, I'd be inclined to think the issue might be physiological. Perhaps the lifespan of his grafts outside the body is well below average. A biopsy is highly unlikely to give any conclusive insight either.

Considering that his donor is the size of a typical NW7 due to the clear retrograde alopecia unless it was completely free and didn't impact his working life etc. it's hard to suggest surgery is the right option for him at this point. Honestly I think his best option would be a full SMP approach, at least he has some hair in the frontal area mixed in to better aid the illusion.

Edited by JeanLDD

19 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Sorry gentle_man, for the late reply. I had trouble to get access to the new forum.

You made the right step to post pics and contact the forum board.

This is actually all I wanted to say:  You need to share information (pictures, not your real name) to get help. I did not (!) want to imply that this is a good result or you are a fake.

Seeing your result, this is obviously dissapointing respecting the amount of grafts taken. Your donor looks already spars, especially below the strip; slightly better above.

The offer from Feriduni (to take over all travel costs) is fair, but you should still try to get a second opinion from another recommended clinic. If, and this is a big IF, you have a bullet left, it is definitely you last. Also, in case a biopsy can/would lead to the result that you are not a candidate for a hairtransplant, this biopsy should have been taken before (!) the last FUE after already two FUT with poor growth performed. This would be on the clinic. Only error from your side: You should not have waited 3 years to ask for help.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

Thank you Gasthoerer I really appreciate your reply.

Exactly like what you have mentioned above I hope I still have one more chance as I really need it . That's why I mailed H&W and they told me that they can handle it and make it better in the frontal area but unfortunately I had some issues to get visit visa so, I am trying again for the best possible alternative.

I waited for three years because I was unable financially to have any HT at that time. 

Edited by gentel_man83

19 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

BHT is unpredictable and not always close enough in terms of texture to natural scalp hair to work naturally. Certainly wouldn't opt for it in this guys case where he has very little on top to begin with, highly exposed BH could look disastrous and isn't worth the risk. 

If he's had this much surgery and without even remotely successful results through both FUE and FUT with a top surgeon, I'd be inclined to think the issue might be physiological. Perhaps the lifespan of his grafts outside the body is well below average. A biopsy is highly unlikely to give any conclusive insight either.

Considering that his donor is the size of a typical NW7 due to the clear retrograde alopecia unless it was completely free and didn't impact his working life etc. it's hard to suggest surgery is the right option for him at this point. Honestly I think his best option would be a full SMP approach, at least he has some hair in the frontal area mixed in to better aid the illusion.

What do you think about Dr. Sanusi Umar results they are really impressive. I don't think about SMP at all as it looks like escape from the trouble not to find a solution.