8 Months Post-Op - Dr Tejinder Bhatti (3800 grafts - 8000 hair) - Waiting for density

vik757

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess poor results is because of the high number of grafts used in one session. In general grafts removed by FUE will have a survival rate of 90% when done by an experienced surgeon

FUT survival is closer to 99% when done by an experienced surgeon and surgical team!

You should have opted for FUT!

I guess poor results is because of the high number of grafts used in one session. In general grafts removed by FUE will have a survival rate of 90% when done by an experienced surgeon

FUT survival is closer to 99% when done by an experienced surgeon and surgical team!

A bit of a unhelpful statement there. Perhaps his reasons for choosing FUE where because of the hair style he wished to have. Not fair to say he should have opted for FUT as the FUE result should have been better regardless.

I also don't believe that the reason for the poor result is because this procedure was FUE and not FUT. I've seen many larger FUE sessions with exceptional results.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

With all due respect, I would request folks to hold off on jumping to conclusions. As all of you know very well, not every HT result from any HT Surgeon will be a stellar result. I believe that as long as your HT Surgeon is backing his/her work, standing by the Patient and willing to do whatever it takes to help the Patient reach his/her HT goals.....that is what really matters.

Vik had placed his faith in Dr. Bhatti and we take that very seriously. We do not give up on our Patients and/or let them down. Vik is no exception. He has been in constant contact with Dr. Bhatti and is going back to our Clinic in the near future to get the low density issue resolved.

Best regards,

California

Edited by California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I am not defending Dr. Bhatti. I really don't focus on doctors in that region a lot, because his average patient has different hair characteristics that I do and than many in North America (ie. thicker caliber, better donor). So, he can do more with less. My concern is that it will skew what people think is achievable for them with a given amount of grafts. So, I am not sure what someone should expect for 3400 grafts that go from the hairline to the crown...it really depends on their hair characteristics? I couldn't see My procedure had 61% of the grafts on the first +/- 1 inch of the hairline, and there was native hair mixed in,

I am not saying that this is a success, and there could be a bit of poor growth...I am not sure, but I think MOST of the issues is 1. Too few grafts for the given area 2. Expectations for the number of grafts vs the area planted was not successful communicated.

The good thing is that I think it still looks pretty natural.

As for how many you need, if you are going from hairline to crown again, I would say it depends on your donor, which looks very good. I would probably figure our how many lifetime grafts I have left, and subtract 2k for possible dropping sides and the little bit if the bridge that you have left to addressed when it goes. So, if you have 5500 grafts left, drop another 3500 from front to back if you are really looking for a pretty dense outcome.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm sorry but this is yet another underwhelming result from Dr. Bhatti. Forum is riddled with them. No idea how this guy is still recommended on here.

Totally agree with this comment. It seems every time I see a post about Dr. Bhatti, it's usually a paitient with poor results. His online reps quickly jump on when someone first makes a post about his recent experience and how great their HT will turn out. Unfortunately with posts like this, those same online reps stay very quiet...

Totally agree with this comment. It seems every time I see a post about Dr. Bhatti, it's usually a paitient with poor results. His online reps quickly jump on when someone first makes a post about his recent experience and how great their HT will turn out. Unfortunately with posts like this, those same online reps stay very quiet...

Vik is already in direct contact with Dr Bhatti who has taken responsibility and promised to take necessary action to try and resolve the problem free of charge, I suspect if he could do more then he probably would. Vik seems to have the same hair quality as myself so I would have expected a similar result. There is no reason to think otherwise, we would have had near identical procedures

Vik - I'm sorry if you feel that I have personally neglected you, if you wish to have a personal chat with me then please email me and we can arrange a mutual time bearing in mind the time difference. I will also PM you my personal contact details. I do try to make myself as approachable as possible and answer emails and phone calls promptly. I suppose I incorrectly presumed that because you was already in direct dialogue with Dr Bhatti, you would probably not require the services of a rep, especially one based in the UK.

Also Vik is based in Australia, if he was based in the UK, I would have been open to meet up and discuss in person any failings and remedial actions. For the record this goes for all UK patients of Dr Bhatti regardless of whether they go through me. Also for the record not one of the patients I have sent over to India has needed such assistance to date, but I am fully aware that there will be a time.

Finally Vik, I hope all goes well in December, I'm sure Dr Bhatti will do whatever he can to give you the hair you so desire.

I am not saying that this is a success, and there could be a bit of poor growth...I am not sure, but I think MOST of the issues is 1. Too few grafts for the given area 2. Expectations for the number of grafts vs the area planted was not successful communicated.

I agree with this. I have seen a few other issues with this doctor that I believe has to do with communication. I don't think its issues with growth but with communication. If this patient had surgery thinking he was going to get a huge cosmetic result with 3800 grafts in that big space he was not well informed. Clinics need to makes sure the patients has an understanding what kind of outcome to expect.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Administrators
I agree with this. I have seen a few other issues with this doctor that I believe has to do with communication. I don't think its issues with growth but with communication. If this patient had surgery thinking he was going to get a huge cosmetic result with 3800 grafts in that big space he was not well informed. Clinics need to makes sure the patients has an understanding what kind of outcome to expect.

I'm not sure I agree Lorenzo, I had about 4,000 grafts placed in a similar area and was able to achieve a huge cosmetic difference, this patient also has similar donor characteristics as myself thick in diameter and somewhat coarse. I'm glad the doctor is helping the patient achieve the desired result and I hope everything goes well.

In my opinion it is not the graft count that matters rather the placing and the packing, with 2,120 grafts densely packed in my hairline and 1,850 grafts placed with less density in the midscalp this allowed me to achieve a big cosmetic difference. The hairline is the key, with a densely packed hairline you are able to not only layer the top better but also eliminate the look of "balding".

Now I'm not saying Dr. Bhatti did not do this, the pre-op and post-op photos have not been shared with the community so we really don't know, I'm just stating that 3,800 grafts on a diffuse norwood 6 can have a big impact if grafts are densely packed in the hairline with less density moving back.

I also think the comment of him needing to go FUT is not only false but not in the least bit helpful. FUT growth is not 99%, transection rates do not equal growth, transection rate may be 99% that does not mean the growth will be 99%.

Again, I hope this patient receives the desired result in the end this board is about helping patients and showing support and I'm glad the online reps have responded to the patient and showed support.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Check this post-op pic that the patient has posted on the forum:

26482.jpg

This looks like the density that Dr. Bhatti usually works with on other patients as well (who have got good results as well). For example, look at Shera's post-op pic he's posted here:

23655.jpg

I am definitely not an expert but I don't think it was a density issue looking at hairline to mid-scalp, what do you guys think? I am eager to know because my head kind of looked like this post-op and I am at that stage (4 months post op) where hair's just starting to grow and I'm getting nervous about the results :D

Good to know this patient is in touch with the doctor and he's gonna get this repaired. I hope everything works out well. Keep us posted!

I'm glad to hear Vik is in contact with Dr. Bhatti and working with the clinic to resolve this issue. I have no doubt that the doc will do whatever it takes to ensure his satisfaction.

Most everyone here knows I'm a very happy Dr. Bhatti patient. My results are well-documented and, based on my experience, I would not hesitate to return for another procedure if I needed one. What may not be as evident to those that don't know Dr. Bhatti personally is that he is a very caring, sincere, enthusiastic and dedicated surgeon. He really wants the best for his patients.

Vik, I wish you luck moving forward. Please continue to update us on the outcome of your discussion with Dr. Bhatti. I have every confidence that he'll help you achieve your goals.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

And while Dr. Bhatti and his clinic has a good online presence and take the concerns of their patients very seriously, I've just seen one too many cases like this. It is often the case that Dr. Bhatti will perform revision surgery free of charge but it should never come to that. Its using more precious donor hair.

Money can be accumulated. Donor hair cannot.

The good thing is that I think it still looks pretty natural.

As for how many you need, if you are going from hairline to crown again, I would say it depends on your donor, which looks very good. I would probably figure our how many lifetime grafts I have left, and subtract 2k for possible dropping sides and the little bit if the bridge that you have left to addressed when it goes. So, if you have 5500 grafts left, drop another 3500 from front to back if you are really looking for a pretty dense outcome.

Hi Spanker,

Thanks for the comment. I do think that all the grafts that were implanted didnt grew especially the frontline and nearby area (photos below).

I am trying to understand what could be the reason:

On the day of the surgery Dr. told that i have one of the better quality donor hair he has seen for a long time, for the matter of fact he mentioned to all the other patients that day about quality of hair. So, quality of hair was never a problem.

Secondly, I have religiously followed all the medicines.

So, I am in bit of dilemma about what could be reason for poor hair growth that could be avoided in the future.

I have been consulting few Dr. locally and they say (it looks like 2500 - 2700 grafts)

1) probably there might be a technical fault in the surgery which destroyed few grafts.

2) As I had a mega session, amount of time grafts were out of body was long and few grafts didnt survive.

So, still looking for options how this can be avoided.

Direct Hair Transplant (DHT) could be one of the way in which amount of time grafts out of body can be reduced. What are your thoughts about DHT does it has better success rate that FUE?

There is lot of confusion and nervousness as of now, to get the next one right. I completely respect and like Dr. Bhatti, but still cant shy away from the though (scaring me) of going again to him is the right decision? shall I go for DHT?

Also, I am just planning to work on my front and midscalp (have a fuller look), how may grafts do you thing I need more?

Thanks

Vik

pre-op.thumb.jpg.6275cbe7c009d1ad6eeceb6984cacee6.jpg

post-op.thumb.jpg.f0c6b9a61d33cacda230307c40f80d61.jpg

IMG_2568.thumb.jpg.d344b2379af201e7480c0e8be0622b84.jpg

current2.thumb.jpg.793cf7d4e1843b8ea0e4dcdb46a9d872.jpg

Edited by vik757

Thank you for sharing your story and I am sorry you aren't satisfied with your result. Looking at you results I understand.

I would never consider DHI DHI Global Medical Group , they are all marketing and I have never seen a high quality result with them. I have met quite of few unsatisfied patient from Italy that went their and were in need of repair.

I just wanted to give you my opinion. Good luck!

Edited by lorenzo

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Bhatti is very hit and miss which I believe is probably down to the break neck speed with which he performs FUE. I think he does two procedures a day which doesn't help in that respect.

If you do another FUE I'd only do 800-1000 over one day to the front hairline. See how it goes. If you switch to FUT you could aim for a bit more, perhaps 2000 grafts.

I've been quite impressed with Suneet Soni's results on here.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thank you for sharing your story and I am sorry you aren't satisfied with your result. Looking at you results I understand.

I would never consider DHT, they are all marketing and I have never seen a high quality result with them. I have met quite of few unsatisfied patient from Italy that went their and were in need of repair.

I just wanted to give you my opinion. Good luck!

Are you referring to Arika Bansal's clinic or Dr Path's DHT clinic?

Opps maybe I made a mistake. I am talking about DHI Global Medical Group .

I don't think too few grafts is an issue as there are too many gaps up front. If there were too few grafts then Bhatti should have focused on the frontal zone. At best this is poor planning, and at worst poor regrowth. Neither take is good from the clinic's work.

I tried to mention some of these points when this doctor was up for recommendation a few years back, and then got attacked by some of his proponents for pointing out the other side of the story.

Seems I failed my fellow hair loss sufferers in that attempt.

Hope it works out for you in a second procedure.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Firstly I have tried to reach out to Vik a couple of times now but have not received a response. Vik is scheduled in for a free repeat procedure in December.

Dr Bhatti does encourage all patients to write about their experiences. There is no threat of lawsuits etc, therefore patients of Dr Bhatti do feel free to express themselves. I wrote about my own experience as a patient and felt the need to follow it through to give something back to the forum. Obviously, I was not aware at the time of my first posts what my final outcome would be and I had no affiliation to Dr Bhatti then apart from a being a patient.

In my own experience, a massive percentage of Dr Bhatti's patients are happy with their results but do not have the time or patience to post their results and stories on the internet. Most of the patients I speak to do not even know that this site exists. A large proportion of patients come through via word of mouth, recommendations from previous happy patients

This year alone Dr Bhatti would have completed approximately between 350 and 400 hair transplants. Last year he would have completed approximately 450 hair transplants. Of these procedures, you will see a couple or more transplants that have not had the desired outcome for each of the years. There may well be a handful more that do not make it to the forums. But are we really looking at the big picture here?

The fact is that there are about 5-6 procedures on this site completed over the last few years where results have not been as desired out of a possible 1350 hair transplant surgeries completed over that same 3 year period. Is this really a reason to panic and tarnish the reputation of a distinguished surgeon and a good man?

A success rate of over 99% if the figures on this forum are held as the be all and end all as some posters proclaim.

To all of those like myself and David who have experienced surgery with Dr Bhatti, we can only speak highly of the experience and the care. Dr Bhatti is passionate about achieving a result for every patient that enters the clinic. To say that he rushes cases so he can offer free revisits for failures is foolhardy to say the least. The fact is that Dr Bhatti affords the same care and precision with every patient as I'm sure most of the other respected Doctors on this forum do.

In any other field, a few bad results do not take precedence over hundreds of successes, so why should they here.

Hopefully Vik will take up the offer of the free surgery and this time it will prove as successful as the vast majority of Dr Bhatti patients. We will wait and see.

Edited by Shera
grammar

In any other field, a few bad results do not take precedence over hundreds of successes, so why should they here.

A few bad results and hundreds of successes isn't what we see from the pool of user reviews though. From what I've seen on this website and others, approximately 20% of the results are poor. That is way too high for a recommended surgeon. It may well be the case that all these hundreds of success stories are not posting online, but we can't prove that, all we have is the small sample size from online forums to make an educated guess. How often do you see subpar results from Rahal, Konior, Erdogan, Feriduni?

• Administrators
A few bad results and hundreds of successes isn't what we see from the pool of user reviews though. From what I've seen on this website and others, approximately 20% of the results are poor. That is way too high for a recommended surgeon. It may well be the case that all these hundreds of success stories are not posting online, but we can't prove that, all we have is the small sample size from online forums to make an educated guess. How often do you see subpar results from Rahal, Konior, Erdogan, Feriduni?

To be fair, there are far more reviews on Dr. Bhatti then Dr. Feriduni, I can't even remember the last time I saw a review for Dr. Feriduni besides Ezel who had a poor result and was not refunded. Rahal has a lot of reviews, but I also know someone on this forum who received a poor result from him and is currently seeking repair, Erdogan is the only doctor from that list that I see regular reviews and I haven't seen a poor result from yet. I'm not defending Dr. Bhatti in any way, but I'm simply stating that the same names that are always thrown around as the elite have bad cases, and some don't even have many actual patient reviews.

You must also remember that in Western countries like Canada and the U.S. doctors will refund you for the bad result, however you have to sign a non disclosure agreement, so essentially you can no longer talk about the bad result or continue to disclose your results, It's very common for a patient to come on the board and complain about the result, and later ask the mods to remove his thread because he came to an agreement with the clinic, this definitely skews perception, doctors in third world countries do not do this mainly because I doubt they would ever reimburse a patient, refunding for bad results would really cut in to the clinics profit margin, it's also much more competitive in countries like Turkey and India, surgery is a risk and no surgery is guaranteed. With all of that being said, I don't think this was a successful surgery and the clinic has owned up to it, if the patient agrees to go back I really hope things work out for him.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

Really sorry for you,

Hope you get the desired result in your second procedure.

In considering what could have gone wrong, and I know this might be mundane but did you smoke cigarettes or did drugs post procedure ?

Since there is not any hard and solid evidence interconnecting smoking and poor hair growth.

Again I might be very naive even mentioning this.