Scar Repair 1032 Beard Hairs Dr Bisanga

ej

I have met with EJJ in person and would like to say how excellent his beard looks and that there was no sign of extractions and he can still grow a very decent beard. His old donor scars have also been well hidden with the grafts that have been placed.

Top guy and a good drinking buddy, good continued growth to you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Below are some photographs taken before any repair, then an attempted repair, then at initial consultation with BHR before any repair with them, then three years after 1000 beard grafts into the left hand side scarring.

I thought I would include a couple of pictures showing the effects of side weighting the grafts, from left to right in my case, and the effects this has when styling your hair to your advantage.

I had a cut last week and this is the shortest I have been able to go to in 20 years!

All the best and take care

ej

EJ could you please elaborate on your attempted repair before Bisanga? It looks like a strip was taken as well as FUE grafts into the previous strip scars?

Hi Mickey,

Thanks for your interest, pre- bhr is on this section page 49.

You are correct I had three strips/fut to graft into the frontal area, the fue into the scar was a new procedure `plucking` so the fue was in fact plucked beard grafts, nothing grew, in fact Dr Bisanga plucked a couple of them out at my initial consultation to avoid any inflammation.

Seems like a long time ago now and thankfully I am in a much better situation.

All the best

ej

• 7 months later...

Ejj,

Looking good man you have come a long way in the hands of Dr Bisanga. Really pleased for you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks for the comments, thought I would add a couple of pictures of my face/chin.

3800 grafts have been removed, I have no scarring or marks on my face at all, still plenty to tap into.

The extraction pattern was well planned from the outset, and I still have a pretty much uniform density throughout my beard area.

It is hard to explain the immense feeling of freedom these repair procedures have given me. I have been given my life back!

I no longer have to avoid social events or position myself so that others cannot see the back of my head, I no longer feel utter terror on a windy day, when my hair was blown, and people ask if I have been in an accident! I can actually cut and style my hair!

These things are so easily taken for granted research is key, and if in doubt do nothing.

ej

5b32e26c47865_beardnov14.jpg.c9519fbfd0525e83dd31795f330156b3.jpg

5b32e26c57340_beard3.jpg.0f16d92ad3b87b4717008f52e69361e8.jpg

Edited by ej

The left hand side scar has grown out pretty well also

It is so liberating not to worry about scars anymore, I honestly thought nothing could be done to improve my situation. Gone are the stares from the general public when I am out.

I can go outside in sunlight and wind and not worry, or have to hide my scars with my hand, you adopt all sorts of ways to try to hide a disfigurement

Any events or meetings I attended socially, I used to sit in a chair with my hands behind my head, hiding my scars, terrified of someone walking in the room behind me, now all this stress and worry is gone!

Cheers

ej

5b32e26e04190_leftsidedonorandreardonorpostopresized.jpg.edc34baaa5278ca29ba5e601a92bfe71.jpg

5b32e26e14d67_11monthsleft7.JPG.e1f0522d30b6a9ed6b2b2010b448deaf.JPG

5b32e26e27bc5_2ndprocedure2.JPG.13af9b9aed31da8fcd346386c322309d.JPG

5b32e26e40868_left1.jpg.f93dc152152e2d1b3e147ae8702c78b8.jpg

5b32e26e5f150_left2.jpg.05292f81158370669838cebe81b3e887.jpg

5b32e26e7fe65_left3.jpg.bcfb16df5316b3e51f5c270fdd082459.jpg

ej,

I've only just stumbled upon this thread for the first time. Really interesting read.

What you say above you simply can't put a price on. It sounds like you've got your life back.

Many congrats. Outcomes like this never fail to put a smile on my face:)

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

ej,

Are you allowed to say on here how much all the work with dr Bisanga cost or could you PM me with the cost please.

I'm in a very similar situation as you and know exactly how you've felt in public.

Hi Trinder,

Pm sent! BHR prices are all on their website, I think it was 6 euro per graft, best to check this with sl bhr`s representative.

I found BHR very helpful and due to my location, I was able to take advantage of rare standby`s that came up.

All the best

ej

Thanks Pete,

That is an accurate statement, I really do have my life back. Sometimes I forget and lift my hand to the back of my head when out and about, before realizing I don't have to do that anymore. Repair is a difficult road to be on, as the goal is to look normal again.

Thanks again

ej

• 1 month later...

Below is a picture I took today of the donor area. In total I have had 3800 extractions from my face. I can now visit my barber every 4 weeks and get a regular cut and sport a normal appearance, you take this for granted until it has been taken away from you. Research really is key!

All the best for the holidays!

ej

5b32e3430eedc_dec2014.jpg.7096bb07d353c2ba0d334ca926a243ff.jpg

Thanks ej for updating and showing the donor area. Father Christmas could use his beard also as a donor source if he needs to this Christmas! But seriously, very happy that we could help you to get to where you are now and that you had a great beard to enable it also.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 4 months later...

Thought I would put some pictures up unshaven after 3800 Beard FUE.

Pattern of extraction has made loss of hair unnoticable when the beard is grown out.

I will put some pictures up clean shaven and growth in the scar area later, I hope this helps others who have suffered horrendous hair transplant scarring.

Regards

ej

5b32e5d9646eb_beard1.jpg.1f95ba20b2260fbe5f97083e7b15d695.jpg

5b32e5d97d938_beard2.jpg.8d3d9d1b124972f2ccb84b013abe291c.jpg

5b32e5d98e13f_beard3.jpg.1a2dea8004fc803fc2a62f27f5e97497.jpg

Great pics EJ, thanks for posting those. On the super close up I think I can make out where they took the grafts but just barely. I think the skin cells on the face may regenerate more quickly than other areas of the body. When we shave it exfoliates the top surface and the skin seems to come back even stronger, it seems to be very resilient.

I would definitely consider beard hair for my FUT scars although I would want them taken from below my jaw line for sure. The other problem is that I'm starting to gray on my beard but not on my head.

Great post thanks.

I had my hair cut a couple of days ago and asked to go shorter than usual.

Thought I would put up some pictures. Normally I wear my hair a little longer than this. Going forward I can forget about my scarring and concentrate on crown and forward.

I am lucky to have the beard donor to be able to do this.

Thanks for the comments, it has been a long hard road. I cannot put into words the feeling of freedom I feel.

The last two pictures are taken at consultation, before any repair.

Thanks again

ej

5b32e5dba2f36_Hair1.jpg.38db26e7c9a78fa58129443ba22da75d.jpg

5b32e5dbc54ea_hair2.jpg.45846ab80e4b5d9bbd90d40c805bb07a.jpg

5b32e5dbd8865_hair3.jpg.426d6f33244b38259bb83e4e4c7451bf.jpg

5b32e5dc00b68_hair4.jpg.207e3f79e4359665e55781cee56e0163.jpg

5b32e5dc1e528_beforerepair.JPG.9b835d94336cbabd188f1ca839e61ebd.JPG

5b32e5dc32bb7_11months9.JPG.1fd5d8edfe11dc8cd40b4f3123cb5e1b.JPG

• 2 years later...

Thought I would add a picture of before and after. Had a pretty short cut yesterday but as you can see the beard is still growing fine years later and has blended in well.

I have no white dots on my face even when I have got heavily tanned contrary to what some Doctors claim. My beard donor is even no patches, feel like I have come a long way.

ej

5b32f42450956_11monthsreardonorwithrightsidescarafteracellprebhr.JPG.bfe865720a9e82f5d27d57e3c67ce70e.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg.9de21123f9564e9d46f41d3f8c2aa30d.jpg