Scar Repair 1032 Beard Hairs Dr Bisanga

ej

This picture taken today , just short of seven months , I can feel stubbly bits poking through , hope for more growth over next few months

cheers

ej

Edited by ej

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spex, just a questions please...

Why beard hair have less success rate than scalp hair? I know its has different appearance that i agree. But success how? Could you please explain. Thank you.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Well if scar revision is done and it isnt enough to hide the scar very well, FUE into scar is needed for final touch, my question is, Is scalp hair FUE into scar could yield better than Beard hair into scar? and Why? Thanks bro.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 4 weeks later...

How do you think about it EJ? Satisfied? :-)

My Hair Treatments:

Hi Hariri,

It is looking good , there are still hairs breaking through so I hope for more growth to come ! I suppose its like ` tea really, you allways want more in your cup ! `

I have noticed that my scar area feels `warmer ` strange hey ! anyway will keep you posted ! good luck with your research

all the best

ej

Edited by ej

hey guys, just a quick question, dont mean to hijack your thread ej, i hope it all goes really well for you.

question: on a average size scar, how many FUE do u think is needed to fill it? Also, it if the scar is filled with FUE, do you think you could buzz down to a 0.5 without anyone really knowing the scar is there?

According to what I was told by BHR Clinic rep. is in order to calculate the required number of grafts needed to FUE the scar is to use this equation (Scar length in cm x scar width in cm x 30). About the second question I have no idea about it, maybe EJ or SPEX can answer it, they both done FUE into scar.

My Hair Treatments:

Hi Fightingbaldness

Its difficult to answer your question really as the normal rules of grafts per cms sq dont really apply , scars are all different , length, width , raised ,indented, etc ,so growth can be unpredictable, its difficult to work out an amount of grafts that you would be happy with, compared to someone else

Dr Bisanga grafted at a low density into my scars to give the grafts the best chance of survival , the plan is to increase the density with a second procedure once the blood supply has been established , this gives the best overall yeild

If your plan is to have a strip procedure and try to graft into it afterwards to make it unnoticable cut very short , I would say this would be difficult to achieve ,if not impossible , perhaps fue only would be a better route for you to take, and the one I wish I had taken !

If you have no scar at the moment perhaps you may get more advice if you post some pictures of your current situation

hope this helps

ej

Thanks ej. i wouldnt just do fue into strip. i would also do scalp pigmentation. iv seen cover up on scars using this on his hair clinic website tht look pretty good , not invisible, but good enough for me, and with the added fue as well, id be happy. Its just for in the case in 5/10 years say and my crown goes properly and i carnt afford another ht.

As for pics im going to upload soon, but will have to use my iphone, crnt afford a new digi cam at the min with my saving schedule for a ht!! gonna upload this weekend so your opinion would be great.

no worries , would be good to see your pictures , everyone on here is pretty helpful and I would expect you will get some good advice

I have seen a norwood 6 fully restored using scalp and beard hair ( fue ) , in hindsight that would my preferable route , no one can predict the future and what may happen, I prefer to stay on the side of caution , good to get a long term plan taking into account your donor supply and finances ! and go from there

Re scalp pigmentation im unsure about that , i read a post were a guy was going to get a test patch on his leg and see what it looked like after a year , sounded like a good idea to me !

regards

ejj

Believe me if i could afford fue all over my head i would lol. i can save up enough money this year to have 4000+ fut , id choose dr rahal. Then whatever happens in the future happens im quite optimistic about things so im sure 5 years dwn the line there will be alot more advances, things can only get better from here and top coalition surgeons are already doing a brill job.

• 2 months later...

Any updates EJ ???

My Hair Treatments:

Thanks EJ, Now I understand why Spex and Jotronic tried not to encourage me to FUE my scar directly. Yielding indeed is low. I guess scar revision worthes a shot at first. However I knew EJ that you didn't have another choice. I wish you get better results and extra coverage.

My Hair Treatments:

Hi Hariri

no worries , im still getting hairs breaking through the surface , Dr Bisanga says beard grafts into scar take a lot longer to grow than standard scalp hair , so will get some pictures up in May at 12 months and assess the growth then .

During my consultations on how best to repair my situation I was offered further strip procedures but declined , Dr Bisanga informed me that the best and safest way forward for me was fue and i agreed as I didnt want to make my situation worse ,.... so fue for me was an educated decision I arrived at after many consultations

will update soon

ej

Thanks ej for sharing your experience, I am a follower :)

How's your beard ? are you able to shave with a razor without anyone noticing the scars ? Would you mind sharing photos of your beard ? I see you had extraction from the chin and down the neck. What will happen if you let your beard to grow ?? patchiness ??

Also did Dr.Bisanga estimated the yield % of your beard hairs ?

Thanks again, I see the difference and I think your scar look better, maybe in the next few months you will notice more better results.

Hi Nasser

This was taken 3 months after procedure , I will get all pictures updated soon as its difficult to photograph the back of my head , yes i can shave down , wet razor shave , no visible marks at all , no patchiness to my beard .

Dr Bisanga intends to assess the growth next month so will update % yeild wise then , at the moment still got little hairs breaking the surface

Thanks

ej

Edited by ej

• 3 weeks later...

Cant wait to see them because my plan is to FUE my scar with beard hair after revising my scar thru strip with Rahal next year. Wish you all the growth EJ. By the way, what will be your next procedure next month??? FUE beard into scar too? How many?

My Hair Treatments:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hariri

On my way to Brussels , procedure tommorrow , plan is for another 1000 beard into the left hand sides huge strip scars from former procedures, will update with pics later in the week

ej

ej, before your second beard FUE into scar surgery. Can you please take latest photos of the scar before going to the operation room? I'm sure BHR clinic will agree to take clear pics of it, I really want to know how many out of the 1032 grafts have yielded. Thank you. I'm so much interested in Beard hair into scar as I'm planning to get one soon, whats why I'm watching you case closely.

My Hair Treatments:

Pictures are before first repair procedure , and 12 months on , the third picture is straight after the second procedure to repair my horrific strip scars

The growth so far has been great , new hairs are still breaking through and as its beard into scar im told it can take up to 15 months to see the result

Dr Bisanga has matched the surrounding hairs density and angulation perfectly ,with his natural artistic ability ,and his .8mm manual extraction punch !

I really feel Dr Bisanga has given me my life back , many thanks to all at BHR and now for the long wait

regards

ej

Edited by ej

Dr. Bisanga in my opinion is the best BHT doctor in the world beside Dr. Umar. You really went to right person for beard FUE into scar. I really wish you good growth and scareless life :-)

My Hair Treatments: