Scar Repair 1032 Beard Hairs Dr Bisanga

ej

Dr Bisanga at BHR , grafted 1032 beard hairs into my strip scars . Punch size used was .8mm manual punch ,extractions have healed incredibly fast ! Im fortunate to have a thick beard and hope to do more work later in the year , so now for the long wait for growth !! Had the procedure Monday five days later you cant tell had anything done , minimum downtime ! Dr Bisanga has given me hope that I can be repaired Im extremely grateful to all at BHR .

Regards

ej

5b32d5cb2154f_11months9.JPG.2792333022fd4b99b91b0c6c3fa16bf4.JPG

5b32d5cc3b4ae_backrightsidescartobegrafted1.jpg.55a2884c015bce6633653129a90d4174.jpg

5b32d5cc52cde_11monthsreardonorwithrightsidescarafteracellprebhr.JPG.22d42da276c878204f651e0370d55c5b.JPG

5b32d5cc64378_post1stop.jpg.816bf8f8653f3da1f72f39246c3cc00b.jpg

5b32d5cc72c90_16monthafter1stop2.jpg.1c34849e8ac0a3bd9c630de6e5a00bd4.jpg

Edited by ej
grammar

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EJ,

I too am rooting for you and wish all the best growth, look forward to seeing the updates

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Cheers Garageland will defo keep you updated , thanks for your comments Spex ,and thanks for all your impartial , help and advice on repair much appreciated

regards

ej

Hi Anouar , thanks for the well wishes defo keep you updated with photos .

Yes we checked the donor laxity at the consultation and decided against revision , i have had several strips in the past so didnt want to risk it , Im aware a few people have gone down the revision road and regretted it as a couple of months later the scars have stretched back to what they were prior revision, I believe its quite common and there are no guarantees with revision so rather just go the fue route !

regards

ej

congrats on your recent surgery dude

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

EJ,

Congratulations on the recent procedure. The work looks quite refined, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that I hope you'll keep us updated! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Wow, those were some nasty scars ej. Really interested to see how this case turns out. All the best and grow well!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 months later...

ej, Wish you all the best and please update your results in this thread as Im seriously planning to FUE my scar using my beard hair. Dr. Bisanga did you a great job I bet.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi Hariri

Will get some pictures up soon , extraction area from the chin has healed up completly wouldnt know anything been extracted ! , scar area hairs starting to poke through !

cheers ej

Ej,

This is an exciting and unusual case. I have a terrible strip sar but nothing like this (respectfully speaking).

I will be looking to graft into my strip scar down the line after I sort my hairline out which is the main priority.

Dr Bisanga's consultations are excellent and this case is an excellent example of his ability.

Can't wait for the pics....

Jessie

Thanks EJ. You really give me hope of using my beard hair for my scar as it needs 600 grafts..That will make me save my remaining scalp donor of 4000 grafts in the future. :-)

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri, I thought you just had surgery with Dr. Rahal?

EJ, I am sure that will significantly improve the big scar you had. Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by orlhair1

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Yeah, Dr. Rahal improved my scar but not that much cause its hard to. My scar was 1cm wide straight line, so what Dr. Rahal did is lengthen the scar up to the ear (smiley face shape) and reduce the original scar to be around 0.6cm and the original ends around 0.7cm. While the fresh scar created which is goin to the ear is pencil thin around 0.4cm...

So thats how my scar is like ... start from the ear 0.4cm up to the side of my back head its 0.7cm then gradually goes 0.6cm in the centre.. from both ways.

My Hair Treatments:

Cheers Spex, seem to be getting hairs poking through , hopefully get a bit of length on them over the next week or two , Im amazed at the healing in and around the chin area there are zero marks , I have wet shaved and pulled, and stretched the skin all directions and nothing showing , just want the growth now, lots of it !

ej

• 1 month later...

EJ, Im really interested in your case, can you knidly show me or post your recent pictures of the scar progress? Its 5 months already. Thank you buddy.

My Hair Treatments:

Hi Harriri

These pictures were taken today ( nine days short of six months out ).. I think the hairs that didnt fall out are visible due to colour , i have a few velous stubbly bits so hope for more growth over the next few months , thanks for your interest

all the best

ej

Edited by ej

Thanks Jessie ,

Good to know things can be done for scar / strip repair ! , will update again in a month or two .

Your right Steve is very informative and an excellent example of what can be achieved with FUE only, using beard and scalp hair , its very impressive seeing his result in person ,in daylight , hope i get similar result :)

ej

Im starting to love this idea. Beard hair on scar does really grow. Good luck EJ.

My Hair Treatments: